Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today (1317 Views)

70 Years After: Nagasaki And Hiroshima Attack.(photos). / World Remembers Nelson Mandela Today. / Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by presido1: 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2007
Today makes the 62th aniversary of the hiroshima atomic bombing by the US that killed 253,008 and its still counting. It was not celebrated like 9/11 or 7/7 bombing and don't think its in the British media as well
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by PawPaw3(m): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2007
Who go fit stop america na that be the problem. Even if america bomb naija theirs nothing we an do.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2007
So who is the real terrorist? Dropping a bomb that destroyed more than 100,000 souls and has also claimed several thousands more, yet some Nigerians praise the USA as the only country in the world that can be trusted not to use nuclear weapons.

They have used it once, and they plan to use it again.

Sorry, I meant they have used it twice (counting Nagasaki), and they plan to use it again.

Oh sorry, I meant they have used it thrice (counting the Republic of Marshall Islands) and they plan to use it again.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by osereka(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2007
and if we no take time they will use it if not in IRAN,
then somewhere in AFRICA.
I HOPE NO BE NAIJA THEM GO USE AM O.
THE FEAR OF BUSHMAN IS THE BEGGING OF WISDOM.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2007
denex:

So who is the real terrorist? Dropping a bomb that destroyed more than 100,000 souls and has also claimed several thousands more, yet some Nigerians praise the USA as the only country in the world that can be trusted not to use nuclear weapons.

They have used it once, and they plan to use it again.

Sorry, I meant they have used it twice (counting Nagasaki), and they plan to use it again.

Oh sorry, I meant they have used it thrice (counting the Republic of Marshall Islands) and they plan to use it again.

Kindly post evidence of the US using a nuclear weapon on any other nation apart from Japan before you start mouthing off. I implore you, think before you speak! An uninhabited portion of The Marshall islands was in use as a test site for US nuclear weapons, this was discontinued after an accidental runaway reaction increased the radioactive yield from a test bomb. It is worth noting that other nations continued to test nuclear weapons after this, including, recently, the Indians and Pakistanis. naturally, since you have no beef with the North Koreans you've refused to also note that they detonated a test nuclear missile in the upper atmosphere last year. Going by your logic, we can go around saying the North Koreans 'used' a nuclear weapon on the world abi?

presido1:

Today makes the 62th aniversary of the hiroshima atomic bombing by the US that killed 253,008 and its still counting. It was not celebrated like 9/11 or 7/7 bombing and don't think its in the British media as well

Perhaps the fact that it happened 62 years ago means something? besides, If you think the bombing of Hiroshima was the worst thing that happened during World War 2, ask the 1 million civillians that starved to death in Leningrad, and the 1.5 million killed in Stalingrad.
Contrary to your claims, foreign media carried the Hiroshima Anniversary memorial. It was carried on in CNN, and it was plastered all over yahoo news for days.

I hate this. Even if Anti-americanism must be the newest and fastes-growing fad, i hate when Nigerians can't even use their fucking brains. Anyone who cannot understand that 9/11 and 7/7 happened fairly recently and would naturally be of higher interest and impact to media services of the respective countries (US and UK) has to be a fucking idiot.

Conspiracy theorists must jump on every thread and befoul it with their ill conceived logic. Why someone can see the logic in holding the Americans responsible for the use of the Nuclear bomb, yet slyly shy away from pointing fingers at the Germans, Russians and Japanese for their far more bloody roles in the war confounds me. At least only the US and the UK weren't aggressors in WW2.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by presido1: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
presido1:

Quoting myself again to discredit you, i never mentioned that foriegn media did not carry the news, what i wrote as you can see from the quote above in British media. ask the 1 million civillians that starved to death in Leningrad, and the 1.5 million killed in Stalingrad. mind you the bombing in Hiroshima and nagasaki are still recking havok till present and will continue till who know when. Its a perpetual havok which means casualties are still counting which may supass the leningrad any moment from now.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by k0be: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2007
we can only pray stuff like that never happens again, but I don't trust Iran.
How is the level of the radiation sickness, I've been told it will take mammoth years for it to die down completely.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by presido1: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2007
The fact remains that i do not trust anybody with nuclear weapon, if they will not use it why spend billions of £ acquiring it.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2007
@texazzpete

stop dressing up issues. Where nuclear weapons used on human beings on the Marshall Islands by US Army or not? How can you tell me that somebody was testing nuclear weapons on Bonny Island

Rongelap Island is 4.9 square kilometres.

Enewetak Island is 3.6 square kilometres.

Abuja in Nigeria is 800 square kilometres in land area.

On March 1 1954, Bikini Atoll weather conditions were reported as unfavourable and "task force 7" directs several US ships to move 20 miles south to remove them from the expected fallout zone. But the local inhabitants of the Island were left behind.

The Bravo Hydrogen bomb tested was 15 megatons: 1000 times the strength of the Hiroshima Bomb.

In 3 days, skin burns, nausea, itching eyes, vomitting, and loss of hair had occurred on these heavily exposed people.

The US Atomic Energy Commission issues a statement to the press calling Bravo a "routine atomic test"

On March 7 1954, Project 1.4 begins "Study of response of humans beings exposed to significant Beta exposure and Gamma radiation due to fallout from High Yield Weapons" A medical team in Radiation proof protective gear are sent to the Island were the radiation infested people of Rongelap were temporarily situated.

In July 1957, the heavily exposed victims of the Bravo 15 megaton Hydrogen Bomb Test are taken from their temporary haven in Ejit Island and returned back to the contaminated Rongelap Island.
Brookhaven National Laboratory scientists report that: "The habitation of these people on the Island will afford most valuable ecological radiation data on human beings.

Years later widespread cases of thyroid cancer were recorded by US researchers on the Rongelap natives. There is also an abnormally high level of growth retardation.

In 1966, about 12 years after the last Nuclear test conducted by the US Government, the US Congess approves a little less than $1 million for the entire citizens of Rongelap for the harm they suffered during the Nuclear Tests.

For a more explicit and well documented essay on this, go to the homepage of the embassy of the Republic of the Marshall Islands

www.rmiembassyus.org

God save us all.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by doyin13(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2007
@denex

you know all that stuff about elephants playing, and the grass suffering.

I dont think the Marshall Isalnders will appreciate my humor though
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2007
@denex
testing a nuclear bomb on an uninhabited and remote part of an island does not translate to 'nuclear bombs were used on human beings'. Unless you're saying the Marshall Islands people are virtual supermen, how come no one died from a 15 megaton thermonuclear explosion used against them?

You further spread an untruth by saying the US tested a 15 megaton bomb. The actual test explosion was designed to be 5 MT, but a runaway chain reaction increased this to 15MT and spread an unforseen amount of fallout.
This was unfortunate and even i must admit that the initial US handling of the issue was terrible.

But your unforgivable crime was to copy and paste only the part that showed the US spending just $1 million. You cleverly failed to mention that till date the US has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in resettlement and medical treatment claims. At least in the interest of a balanced argument you should state all sides.

it has since become clear to me that a logical, balanced argument is not your aim. It is your sole aim to discredit the Americans at every turn. Good, that's your opinion. But at least have the decency to speak with truth and facts next time.

If you don't see how misleading it is to say 'nuclear bombs were used on marshall island civillians' then you can't be helped.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2007
presido1:

Quoting myself again to discredit you, i never mentioned that foriegn media did not carry the news, what i wrote as you can see from the quote above in British media. ask the 1 million civillians that starved to death in Leningrad, and the 1.5 million killed in Stalingrad. mind you the bombing in Hiroshima and nagasaki are still recking havok till present and will continue till who know when. Its a perpetual havok which means casualties are still counting which may supass the leningrad any moment from now.

The bomb explosion in Nagasaki killed about 84000, this stretched to a total of about 140000 after the terminally affected people died. It is estimated that in the years between 1950 and 1990 hundreds of deaths in hiroshima and nagasaki survivors are attributable to the nuclear explosions. Currently there are 266000 Nuclear affected people living in Japan, all survivors of the original attack, and all aged now.
This is a far cry from the millions that died in Leningrad and stalingrad of starvation. Please don't make a habit of speaking out of ignorance. forget all you might have heard about hiroshima, the city is inhabited, and has been even months after the bombing. hiroshima university was even established there in 1949, and the city gets lots of visitors. By and large, the residents of the city are healthier than most Nigerians, and generally have a higher life expectancy. The myth of dangerous levels of radiation fallout is just that; a myth.

go read up on what happened in stalingrad and leningrad. I know people like denex haven't, because if anything it doesn't have anything to do with America (though funny enough the US aid and supplies helped keep the soviet war effort going). but you should, if only to appreciate how terrible large scale war can be, and how the worst civillian casualties of World War two came not from a nuclear weapon, but from starvation and premeditated massacre.

As the Zulus say, I Have Spoken.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2007
@texazzpete

on an Island less than 1% the size of Abuja, where could possibly be so remote, isolated and uninhibited to provide for the testing of a nuclear bomb with the power of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs?

If a 1 megaton nuclear devise is detonated on Victoria Island, will you say there? You are telling me that the bomb was meant to be 5 megatons then it exploded and yielded 15 megatons and you say I'm spreading untruth because I said a 15 megaton bomb was detonated.
What was the magnitude of the Bravo bomb dropped on Rongelap Island?

You claim the initial explosion did not directly reach the people, that it was only the fallout. I'm afraid you do not know why nuclear weapons are used. They are used because of their fallout area and not because of the initial explosion. So if somebody drops a nuclear weapon and the fallout gets to you, that person is actually bombing you!

Nuclear bombs were dropped on human beings, the US government made it clear that it was studying the effect of nuclear exposure on humans, but you insist it is all a lie.
Why would the USA incriminate itself with such a malicious lie? texazzpete I have noticed that you hate to see people die as long as it's not the USA that is killing them. If it's the USA, then it's fun to you.

You say the US government spent millions of dollars relocating them. Relocating them to makeshift labs where scientist carried out research with them. Which in your words is medical treatment. Then the amount spent to send them back to the contaminated Island to continue their human guinea pig research. As the US scientists said themselves as reason for relocating the natives:

"The habitation of these people on the Island will afford most valuable ecological radiation data on human beings."

During their "Study of response of humans beings exposed to significant Beta exposure and Gamma radiation due to fallout from High Yield Weapons"

God save us all!
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
@denex
Despite all my pleas for you to at least consider using logic and research before mouthing off, you've continued your campaign of spreading falsehoods and malicious information in this forum.

Contrary to your claims, no nuclear missile was ever dropped on Rongelap Island. All US nuclear tests were done on Bikini Atoll, an uninhabited atoll 150 miles from Rongelap island.
The castle Bravo bomb (6 sqkm)was exploded above the Bikini atoll, and not the Rongelap Island. The large amount of fallout from this explosion was caused by an unexpected secondary reaction caused by a laboratory error and unforseen winds spread the effect as far as Rongelap, causing the radioactive incident there.

I must thank you for providing me with a great source of merriment today! To insist that the strategy in a thermonuclear war is radiation fallout is sheer lunacy! The death toll from the nuclear blast radius far outstrips that from any radioactive fallout. Which army will prefer to leave a lot of potential enemies alive, considering the fact that many of the after-effects of fallout are felt years later? Why do you think the US and Russia spent so much money building up an arsenal of nuclear weapons? If nuclear weapons are used to severely contaminate the land of opposing country, where is the conquest? Where will the victorious party occupy?
That is why nuclear weapons are usually exploded hundreds of feet above the ground. there is far more fallout from an explosion on the ground than in the atmosphere/air. The Hiroshima bomb was detonated 600 metres above ground.

denex:

texazzpete I have noticed that you hate to see people die as long as it's not the USA that is killing them. If it's the USA, then it's fun to you.

You 'noticed' eh? Kindly provide a quote or link to where i've i take pleasure in peoples' death. Do this before you bother to reply me again, or remain proven a pathetic liar.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2007
@texazzpete

My guy,

was it not you that tried to downplay the mass casualty of Hiroshima by comparing it with people that starved to death in Leningrad.

The fact that people starve to death in Zimbabwe, does it excuse South Africa to slaughter humans in Egypt? Oh no, it doesn't. Because they are not the USA.

You are the pitiful slowpoke in here? Don't think you have the monopoly of insults.

What kind of mistakes are people making when they say:
"The habitation of these people on the Island will afford most valuable ecological radiation data on human beings."

Did you read the part of the report where it said:

On March 1 1954, Bikini Atoll weather conditions were reported as unfavourable and "task force 7" directs several US ships to move 20 miles south to remove them from the expected fallout zone. But the local inhabitants of the Island were left behind?

Are you blind or you just choose to be blind when it comes to the bestial horrors the USA has inflicted on humanity?
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by doyin13(m): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
I don't understand how anyone can consider the mass killing of tens of thousands anything other than a tragedy whatever the reason.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by PawPaw3(m): 12:19am On Aug 09, 2007
Why una dey defend america self. Na only america don use nuclear wepons till today. Thief thief america na who born the monkey wey dey suport this people en. Shey we go wait till our turn reach before we know say america na terrorist dem be. Abeg Texaspeter abi na texazandrew you be, carry go jare. Make you stay there leave us alone, carry go.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by osereka(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2007
TODAY I SEE THE REASON WHY SOMEONE PUT HIM/HERSELF DOWN AS A TIME BOMB.
Texazas mumu with the way you reason, you turn people to dangerous animals that will do anything to pay back.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by ebos(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2007
Must Iran get one? Those heartless niggers!
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2007
@ebos

first off, I must tell you that Iranians are not niggers, you and I are niggers.

Secondly, can you tell me one evil that Iranians have committed that shows they are heartless?

Nigeria, just like Iran has started moving to develope nuclear energy and already we are being tagged as a threat to the entire world. So before you make conclusion based on what you heard in western media about Iran, find out what this Western Media are saying about a dangerous Nuclear Nigeria.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by doyin13(m): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2007
While I find the American position hypocritical on nuclear issues, I just dont know how safe I would be with Iran having a nuclear weapon.

How much will it work as a deterrent when they have no qualms about laying their life for their religion.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
How many Iranian government official do you know that have been involved in Suicide Bombing?
Abi in the US, are nuclear weapons left in the hands of individual citizens?

By the way, have the Iranians told you they want to acquire nuclear bombs?

http://www.iranwatch.org/government/iran/iran-mfa-nuclearperspective-1103.htm
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2007
denex:

@texazzpete
was it not you that tried to downplay the mass casualty of Hiroshima by comparing it with people that starved to death in Leningrad.

@denex
Here's what i said

Perhaps the fact that it happened 62 years ago means something? besides, If you think the bombing of Hiroshima was the worst thing that happened during World War 2, ask the 1 million civillians that starved to death in Leningrad, and the 1.5 million killed in Stalingrad.

Contrary to your warped thinking, this was never an attempt to downplay the deaths in Hiroshima. All this was intended to show the poster that it isn't everything that's given special media prominence, especially things that happened long ago.

If anything, between the two of us you're the one who's shown great heartlessness, and some amount of enjoyment at the deaths of others
Here's what you said on the 'US Accident Post'

God is redistributing the disasters worldwide as witnessed daily in Iraq. This was the testimony given by John Stewart last weekend.

I hope they find it as entertaining as the Iraqi war has been.

And you feel the above statement shows any sort of concern or sympathy for the dead? Whether or not you agree with the conduct of the war in Iraq, people died and you were so mean about it. Yet you dare accuse me of what you've been practising? Shameful

denex:

Nigeria, just like Iran has started moving to develope nuclear energy and already we are being tagged as a threat to the entire world. So before you make conclusion based on what you heard in western media about Iran, find out what this Western Media are saying about a dangerous Nuclear Nigeria.

Excellent! Now please prove my opinion of you as an inveterate liar is unfounded by providing links to any credible article insinuating Nigeria's nuclear ambition is a dangerous threat to the Western World.

denex:

What kind of mistakes are people making when they say:

Did you read the part of the report where it said:

On March 1 1954, Bikini Atoll weather conditions were reported as unfavourable and "task force 7" directs several US ships to move 20 miles south to remove them from the expected fallout zone. But the local inhabitants of the Island were left behind?

Are you blind or you just choose to be blind when it comes to the bestial horrors the USA has inflicted on humanity?

Blind? I don't think so. I do know that if i was so inclined to write up on what really happened that day, i would seek a neutral, non-biased source to ensure accurate info. I'm not outrightly disputing the source, but i'm saying there's a serious possibility of bias.
What i do know is that you've doctored the original article which said:

On March 1 1954, Bikini Atoll weather conditions were reported as unfavourable and "task force 7" directs several US ships to move 20 miles south to remove them from the expected fallout zone.

to

denex:

The line 'But the local inhabitants of the Island were left behind?' was deliberately added by yourself to give the false impression that the Bikini Island was inhabited and said inhabitants were left behind. Why? Do you take special solace in lies? Are you so intellectually challenged that you must make up false information to suit your logic?

The truth is, even you should not be so stupid to post such rubbish. For a fellow to accept that the Castle Bravo nuke was 1000 times stronger than Hiroshima, in an area vastly smaller than Hiroshima was, doesn't it make you feel stupid to write of 'survivors'? All but the dumbest of your acolytes will recognise this as crappy logic.
Lucky for you, then, that osereka and PawPaw have pathetically low IQs so they could easily swallow this shyte.

Now, let me tell you where i'm coming from. I have a somewhat soft spot for the US and the UK, dunno why, perhaps it's because i grew up reading all those crazy GI Joe comics and things like that, but i do. This however does not prevent me from criticizing the US and the UK whenever i feel they've done something shitty. I, for one, am totally against the war in Iraq, and i'm no fan of Bush.
However, i find myself coming out increasingly to speak in defense of these countries when people say things that are obviously false. Invariably, i speak out against terrible logic and character assassination, and it's a pity that Anti-American advocates on Nairaland do not even spend time researching their facts before launching into conspiracy theories.

It's easy to stand aside and condemn, but at times you sit back and view the wider issues. Take Hiroshima for example. just before the Hiroshima bombing, the US forces invaded the japanese held island of Okinawa. There about 70000+ japanese soldiers decided to fight to the last man. in the battle that followed, the casualties were horrendous. About 80% of the Japanese forces were killed after over a month of incredibly difficult and bitter jungle fighting and the US casualties were about 40000. The Japanese made great use of human shields out of Okinawa's civillian population, and inevitably, the fighting spread to civilian areas. When the dust settled, 150000 okinawan civillians lay dead. Thousands were bayoneted by the Japanese, and hundreds jumped over the cliffs to their death after the Japanese told the villagers that the Americans ate children and sliced open women. Do these lies sound familiar to you?

After the US armed forces reviewed the extremely high casualty count (The Battle of Okinawa also recorded the highest number of US stress related ailments), the carnage tipped the decision towards the use of the Bomb, considering the fact that an invasion of the Japanese Mainland would trigger casualties more than 10 times that number.

I do not excuse or condone the use of the Nuclear Bomb. However, i cannot judge too harshly martial decisions taken in wartime, especially considering the circumstances. The world had just gone through 5 years of gruelling, harrowing war. a savage war that you cannot possible imagine. At Okinawa, for example, dead japanese corpses litterd the jungle floor until they decayed and the troops eventually had to fight through maggot strewn fields. At stalingrad and Leningrad, millions starved to death fighting.
over 150000 japanese died as a result of the nuclear bombs. Imagine how many Japanese and Americans would have died in a land invasion of Japan. And if you know the japanese then, surrender was never an option, in fact it was the ultimate disgrace.

Nagasaki, however, was totally uncalled for. I cannot for the life of me see reason why a second Bomb was dropped.

Whatever your opinion though, this all happened long ago. All the authorisers of the attack are long dead. The pilot is dead. There's a new Generation of Americans and Japanese alive now, and i cannot for the life of me attack or hate Americans for the use of the nuclear bombs.
It might surprise you that as a matter of fact, neither do the Japanese.

Whether you like it or not, the US is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to use a nuclear bomb now or in the forseeable future. Please think this through before you challenge me on this.
In Iran, however, you have a country that has openly sworn to eradicate a whole race and country (Israel). If this doesn't make you distrust their hands on a nuclear trigger, i dunno what to think.

Denex, check out this page from your fave website detailing Iran's use of chemical weaponry during the Iraq-Iran war.

http://www.iranwatch.org/wmd/wmd-chemicalessay.htm

How you can trust those guys is beyond me.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2007
osereka:

TODAY I SEE THE REASON WHY SOMEONE PUT HIM/HERSELF DOWN AS A TIME BOMB.
Texazas mumu with the way you reason, you turn people to dangerous animals that will do anything to pay back.
Paw-Paw:

Why una dey defend america self. Na only america don use nuclear wepons till today. Thief thief america na who born the monkey wey dey suport this people en. Shey we go wait till our turn reach before we know say america na terrorist them be. Abeg Texaspeter abi na texazandrew you be, carry go jare. Make you stay there leave us alone, carry go.

You two goons provided me with much merriment today! Interesting play on my name, by the way.
I usually have a bone to pick with denex, but i recognise he's an intelligent feller, he just strays too much in the conspiracy theorist area once in a while and he has a way of presenting 'tainted' info.

You two clowns, however, have proven yourselves extremely dull, pathetically imbecilic fellows, not just in this thread but on other posts too.
One of you idiots had the guts to question the way i reason. I haven't seen any proof he uses sound reasoning in his arguments. WTH has this got to do with a time bomb?

Go away and dispose of yourself in whatever way suits you!
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2007
@texazzpete

I'm tired of you. I really am tired.

I said you downplayed an issue you said you didn't. But there you were in your own quote of you saying "if you think the bombing in Hiroshima was the worst thing that happened, "

I really wouldn't want to overstress that because I'm really tired. Honestly I am.

On the US bridge collapse, you quoted me but failed to see where I indicated that it was John Stewart that made those comments on his comedy hour even before the bridge collapsed. And nobody has killed him because of that.

For the Nigerian Nuclear story, being very tired right now, I would have so much loved to refer you to google, but let me just put in the last strength I have to show you where a credible article insinuated that Nigeria's Nuclear ambition is a dangerous threat to the Western World

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070729&Category=BUSINESS&ArtNo=707290372&SectionCat=&Template=printart

Now from your early years of GI Joe brainwashing, I can understand your entire mentality. Believe me, they almost got to me too. But at some point in your life you have to free your mind, nobody else can do it for you.

On the issue of whether nuclear weapons were necessary in Japan, you will notice I have said little about that. It was a time of war. What I have totally condemned it the continued use of nuclear weapons on the Marshall Islands which were not in any form of war with anybody in the 1950s.

Well, please don't let me stop your merriment. Continue merrying. I don't intend to stop you.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by Afam(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2007
@denex,

It seems that you don't like taking the advice you give to other people.

By now you should know the mindset of people like texazzpete, Davidylan (now PTH), I-man (formerly 4Play) and the baba of dem all TayoD.

To these people the West can do no wrong regardless of the actions which even some Westerners criticize themselves but some Nigerians will be ready to die defending what cannot be defended.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 11:49am On Aug 11, 2007
@Afam

my brother, I swear, I'm really very tired. You can imagine.

I was watching a documentary about Bruce Lee where I found out that the guy was born in San Francisco, was an American citizen living in America during a time that China was really downtrodden, yet he repped China to the fullest.

Then you have here some nigerians that want to force themselves to become dissidents and foreign propaganda agents.

I'm really tired O! I don't know what else to do or say.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2007
@denex
Now i see you're entirely beyond hope. How does that link even insinuate Nigeria poses a threat to the western world? Please kindly read the article you linked to again. if need be, read it with any of your fellow western-haters, preferrably one more versed in reading and comrehending written english.

All your arguments point to a lack of logical reasoning. It is a sad thing indeed that you're unworthy of the cause you've taken up. It would indeed have been a pleasure discussing (or even arguing) with a rational fellow who i could actually hear something worth learning from. Alas, your extreme bias and lack of balanced reason render you useless for that purpose. All you are, then, is a time-wasting diversion.

@Afam, denex
How do you feel when you allege that some of us think the US 'can do no wrong' while at the same time you hold the maxim that the US can do no right. Just like vultures you crop up when something even looks likely to portray the US in a negative light.

Denex, your case is even more pathetic. In fact, i couldn't help laughing out loud when i saw your post in the 'Big Brother Africa' thread urging Nigerians to vote out the Nigerian representative based on the fact that she was 'ugly'. So much for patriotism.

Here's a friendly tip: Try and employ balanced reasoning next time. When you see an article, don't paste only the parts you like, k? Also think things through before you post. It might just make you look a little less silly
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
@texazzpete

perhaps the part where it states that the Nuclear watchdog is struggling to keep track of radioactive material already in use, and the part where Mr William Potter says such materials will be of interest to terrorists you may want to build a dirty bomb.

Maybe in your usual GI Joe manner, you chose to ignore all that.

Meanwhile, like I said, I'm tired of you please I have nothing else to tell you.

You already confessed yourself, that your brainwashing started at a very tender age so there is little I can do to help you.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by denex: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
@texazzpete

are you that desperate that you know resort to clutching at straws of an ugly Ofunneka in Big Brother Africa in order to discuss international diplomatic issues regarding Nuclear Weapons?

You're simply amazing!
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2007
Here's what you said
denex:

Now the article you pointed to said Nigeria has had problems keeping track of radiocative materials and that missing or stolen radioactive materials are being sought out by terrorists.
What you said however was that the Western World is tagging Nigeria (not terrorists) as being a threat to the entire world! And there was NOTHING in that article about a 'dangerous Nuclear Nigeria'. In fact, nowhere in that article was Nigeria's desire for Nuclear Power criticised.
Yet another glaring example of your deliberate tale-telling.
Don't you know it diminishes you when you HAVE to resort to lies and word-play to push a point across? I pity you.

It may escape your below-average IQ, but having a soft spot for a country doesn't actually mean 'brainwashing'. Heaven forbid you're actually accusing Hasbro and DC Comics of deliberately employing subversion tactics and mind control comics in the '80s.

Your type is fairly common. They spout misinformation like a mantra, deliberately obfuscating facts and logic.
I'm pleased you have nothing else to say. I was already getting tired of trying listening to your childish thoughts. Move along now.
Re: Japan Remembers Hiroshima Today by texazzpete(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

Meanwhile, like I said, I'm tired of you please I have nothing else to tell you.
denex:

@texazzpete

are you that desperate that you know resort to clutching at straws of an ugly Ofunneka in Big Brother Africa in order to discuss international diplomatic issues regarding Nuclear Weapons?

You're simply amazing!

Ah! so you do have something else to tell me! Brilliant!
Referring to your unpatriotic act on that thread was just a way of showing you how hypocritical you truly are.
Perhaps you only become a flag-waving Patriot when the US (or a certain black woman who's WAY, WAY richer than you'll probably ever be) is involved?
Ridiculing a fellow Nigerian for an entirely shallow reason. . .Patriotism according to denex!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evil That Nigerian Politicians Do(viewer Discretion Advised) / Oshiomhole Orders Arrest Of 9 Petrol Dealers / Cracker In Ogun State: Demeji Bankole Vs Gbenga Deniel Of Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.