Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,886 members, 7,831,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram (6869 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by IG: 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
Now that GEJ is failing, I am not happy. I did not vote for him but the truth is that he is now the president and his failure is Nigeria's failure. That's the bitter truth.
For those that voted for him and are now regretting, I think you are the ones using their brains. Others still think that Northerners are making him look bad, that's the pity.

What they don't know is that, Boko Haram are killing innocent Northerners. The truth is that in Maiduguri, the average person don't care whether GEJ will look good or bad as long as this menace will end.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:29am On Jul 09, 2011
I dont want to believe i wasted my vote. The guy is soooo weak. Haba

my brother/sister, you better start believeing it

you wasted you vote, and that is the reality

he is not only weak but also clueless, u can even see his wife become a fashion model. lol

What do u expect?Mr. President carry a gun and start casing these guys,you are so naive and biased,have you ever been in a leadership position,do u know the delicacies involved,
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by saiqa80(m): 5:03am On Jul 09, 2011
Will followed his friend Paul down the sidewalk from their car. Streetlights dotted the night, and in the distance a car honked. Otherwise, it was a quiet night. As it should be, at midnight on a Thursday.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 09, 2011
When will these men stop using the phrase 'insecurity in some parts of the country' rather than 'in parts of the NORTH'? And when will they stop generalising insecurity and killings in d north down here to the south? When will this lies stop?
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 09, 2011
When will these men stop using the phrase 'insecurity in some parts of the country' rather than 'in parts of the NORTH, borno precisely'? And when will they stop generalising insecurity and killings in d north down here to the south? When will this lies stop?
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Kalman(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2011
Good luck to sucide bomber.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by eghost247(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2011
Nairalanders lol typical
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by ashlamonki: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2011
It s high time we face d reality in dis country,it s obvious dat dia is no traces of love btw d so caalled hausas and other parts,and sm big bombastic animals among dia leaders re behind d scene just to disorganise d whole nation,anyway I m already looking forward to a serious one.let's all give jonathan little time,it s just a pity dat we re having old wine inside d new bottle in aso rock so pathetic indeed bt let s wait and continue to pray unto God for a new wine to be put inside a new bottle.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Eagle75: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2011
ashlamonki:

It s high time we face d reality in dis country,it s obvious dat dia is no traces of love btw d so caalled hausas and other parts,and sm big bombastic animals among dia leaders re behind d scene just to disorganise d whole nation,anyway I m already looking forward to a serious one.let's all give jonathan little time,it s just a pity dat we re having old wine inside d new bottle in aso rock so pathetic indeed bt let s wait and continue to pray unto God for a new wine to be put inside a new bottle.

your right!
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Eagle75: 10:57am On Jul 09, 2011
You guys should just pray for him and the nation.Just let him be.I never voted for him.Not with standing he happens to be our president.How can he do anything with everyone(Nigerians) attacking him and wishing him bad things.People outside Nigeria will laugh at us and think he is nobody considering how he is treated back home.
I may not like him as president and did not vote for him but he remains a bonafide Nigerian and has every right as far as i Know to be a president and get Nigerians behind him.

TIMES ARE HARD FOR HIM AND THE NATION.NOW IS THE TIME TO SUPPORT HIS GOVERNMENT AND NIGERIANS TO DO MORE TO MAKE IT WORK.

@ haka_nai
that's just the way to go. We just have to support this government and bring GEJ closer to the masses, otherwise the cabals that are gradually losing their grip at the centre of our economy and thus resorted to all this crisis cropping up here and there, would find their feat back to square one all in the name of solidarity to GEJ.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Isapro1(m): 10:57am On Jul 09, 2011
Celebrations erupted across Juba as jubilant crowds marked South Sudan's long-awaited day of freedom on Saturday, when the chronically underdeveloped region became the world's newest nation.

"Today we shall raise the flag of South Sudan to join the nations of the world," said Pagan Amum, the secretary general of the ruling Sudan People's Liberation Movement, speaking at the base of a giant flagpole.

From early morning, thousands started to arrive at the official venue of Saturday's celebrations, singing songs and carrying flags.

It will be the largest international gathering ever seen in this war-damaged former garrison town on the White Nile that lacks even basic infrastructure.

Last-minute preparations have been taking place throughout the capital ahead of the historic ceremony, which is due to be attended by 30 African leaders and senior Western officials.

Workers were still fixing the awning above the VIP seating on Saturday morning, and security was tight, with sniffer dogs and heavily armed soldiers on the streets.

"This is the special day," said Joseph Legge. "We cannot wait to see the flags swap -- north down and south up."

South Sudan's independence comes exactly six months after a referendum saw southerners vote almost unanimously to split with their former civil war enemies in the north.

For decades, until a peace agreement was signed in 2005, southern rebels fought successive wars with the north, leaving the region in ruins, millions of people dead and a legacy of mutual mistrust.

The independence ceremony is being held at the mausoleum of the late rebel leader John Garang, who died just months after signing the peace accord that ended Africa's longest-running conflict and opened the door to nationhood.

"This is a historic day, a day of justice, a day I am so happy to see. Today we can move on with a new life and forget the suffering and the pain," said Archbishop Daniel Deng Bol, head of the Episcopal Church of Sudan.

Military parades, prayers and a performance of the new national anthem are due to take place from 0815 GMT, followed by the declaration of independence, the raising of the Republic of South Sudan's flag and the new country's first president, Salva Kiir, taking the oath of office.

Southern officials have said the chief guest of honour at the celebrations will be Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court on charges of crimes against humanity and genocide in Darfur.

There were Darfuris among those waiting expectantly at Garang's mausoleum.

"We are here to welcome our brothers in the south in independence, and give a message to Bashir, that this is what happens when you oppress a people," said Mohammed Jamous.

Around 200 supporters of Darfur rebel leader Abdelwahid Nur held a banner that read: "The new beginning," and "Together we must stop genocide in Darfur, Nuba Mountains."

The Nuba Mountains in South Kordofan state in the north have seen deadly clashes in the run-up to southern independence between northern troops and pro-southern militia.

French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe has already said he will try to avoid an encounter with Bashir at the independence ceremony.

But Khartoum was among the first countries to officially recognise the fledgling nation, which needs all the help it can get to overcome the vast challenges of building a stable and prosperous future.

For this, it must strike a cooperative relationship with the Sudanese leader, given the strong ties that continue to bind the two countries, and despite the strain on relations caused by the bloodshed in the Nuba Mountains.

Talks in Addis Ababa aimed at resolving issues still outstanding between north and south, such as the future status of the disputed border district of Abyei, how to manage the country's oil sector and the fate of southerners in the north and northerners in the south, have so far failed to bear fruit.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon, another key guest at the ceremony, on Friday praised the "political courage" of the Sudanese government in accepting southern independence, after meeting Foreign Minister Ali Karti in Khartoum.

"I know secession is painful, emotionally and financially, While the people of north and south Sudan will soon live in different countries, their future will be closely linked," Ban said, before flying to Juba for the celebrations.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/south-sudans-day-freedom-dawns-033525814.html
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by raphael4u2c: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2011
all dat boko haram people should go and hang themselves becos they dont deserve 2 live .
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Eagle75: 11:06am On Jul 09, 2011
stagger:

Why is GEJ so weak and indecisive? What is this we are seeing for the love of God? "uncalled for" means what? Obasanjo would have bombed the bas.tards out of existence since.

Later the news will turn to a southern christian president, ordering the (massacre )brutal killing of innocent northern Muslims. My brother e no easy oo.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Eagle75: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2011
Demdem:

Honestly, i have nothin to gain if GEJ fails and of cos he will because the majority decided to vote in a well known incompetent person with no real past political achievement as president because of ethnic, tribal and religious reasons. i want the best for this country and wont be satisfied until i see the right peeps in the realms of affairs.

With due respect to God, the vast majority of Nigerians voted him in.

vox populi vox dei, (the voice of the people is the voice of God )Got it?
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by oladayo042: 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2011
Season 1 Episode 2
Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller, War

BH took control of some politicians and instruct the to turn to an enemy of the state. Government and its security agencies are clueless saying "the violence is uncalled for". Borno is boiling despite security forces presence. Borno government placed a ban on motorcycles which are usually used by BH for their operations. Corpers bombard NYSC headquarters with requests for redeployment but they were turned down. Politicians are busy frolicking around about who becomes a minister and special adviser.

Watch out for Episode 3

May we watch it to the end (A ma duro wo tan).
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by beautynig: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2011
Sex before or after marriage? Find out what Nigerian/Ghana singles are saying. Join the conversation by clicking http://www.facebook.com/house4​5.tv and also liking our page

Visit us @ www.house45.tv
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Leyelyzo: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2011
Whoever wish himself or herself success in life should anticipate success for Dr. Ebele. It is him today, it might be you tomorow. Mind you, no matter what you do, there will be critics castigating you and ready to run you down. I hp someone explains to Goodluck the use of SWOT analysis, it will work for him if he believes in it.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by luluosas(m): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2011
dejyx:

The truth stings the ears.  

The Hausa people in this country feel rulership is their birth right.  They just cant stand being ruled by Nigerian Christians from the South. Lets ask ourselves when the Abacha's, the Babangida's the Buhari's, the Abdulsalam's the Shagari's the Murtala's the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's where ruling Nigeria why wasnt there clamour for Sharia or why didnt CPC guys slice corp members that are xtians or why wasnt Boko Haram bombing.  

This is a clear case of sabotage.  Once the Hausa/Fulani man cant have something he draws the sword.  He is not like the southern xtian. In modern times once the Hausa/Fulani man cant have what he wants he detonates the bombs.  It is very sad.  

Thank God Ojukwu warned us all about these people right from the 60's we refused to listen.  Dimka passed a message we refused to listen.  Gideon Orkar even re-drew the map in the 90's we refused to listen. One of my all time greatest is Gen Zamani Lekwot rtd.  remember how he treated the Hausa/Fulani Bastards in Zangon Kataf ever since has any Hausa/Fulani  coughed in Kataf Land? Secondly is Chief Josua Chibi Dariye he bleeped them up in Yelwa Shendam Plateau state now if you pay the idiots even $1billion they will never go there.  If we dont treat these idiots like that Nigeria is Dooooooomed.  Enough is enough.
I don't know what to call you. I think the best thing to do to you is to overlook your stupidity and never border to join you in any discussion. How old are you and what is the level of your education?
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by joesbuba: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2011
i think gej is very weak,if not boka haram should be crush by now,we don't need any thing that will threating our national security
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by BetaThings: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2011
dejyx:

The truth stings the ears.  

The Hausa people in this country feel rulership is their birth right.  They just cant stand being ruled by Nigerian Christians from the South. Lets ask ourselves when the Abacha's, the Babangida's the Buhari's, the Abdulsalam's the Shagari's the Murtala's the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's where ruling Nigeria why wasnt there clamour for Sharia or why didnt CPC guys slice corp members that are xtians or why wasnt Boko Haram bombing.  

This is a clear case of sabotage.  Once the Hausa/Fulani man cant have something he draws the sword.  He is not like the southern xtian. In modern times once the Hausa/Fulani man cant have what he wants he detonates the bombs.  It is very sad.  

Thank God Ojukwu warned us all about these people right from the 60's we refused to listen.  Dimka passed a message we refused to listen.  Gideon Orkar even re-drew the map in the 90's we refused to listen. One of my all time greatest is Gen Zamani Lekwot rtd.  remember how he treated the Hausa/Fulani Bastards in Zangon Kataf ever since has any Hausa/Fulani  coughed in Kataf Land? Secondly is Chief Josua Chibi Dariye he bleeped them up in Yelwa Shendam Plateau state now if you pay the idiots even $1billion they will never go there.  If we dont treat these idiots like that Nigeria is Dooooooomed.  Enough is enough.
The truth?
Do you know one gentleman called Gowon. He is not hausa. Neither is he Fulani. and he is not a muslim. He, a christian, ruled for 9years.
Obasnajo ruled for 8 years. the only problem ha had came from the South - MEND, The Istekiri/Ijaw war
The Northerners supported a hale and hearty Obasanjo to assume office
Obasanjo rewarded them by arranging for a sick person to take over from him
The actual reason why power is back to the South so fast
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by okunoba(m): 6:48am On Jul 10, 2011
America with all it`s military and technological might have not been able to stop the terrorist in Iraq and Afghanistan in over ten years of trying. But we expect a poor and underdeveloped country like Nigeria to be able to flush out terrorist in less than one year. We don`t have to like Jonathan to know how difficult a job it`s to fight terrorism. India, Pakistan and Russia have been struggling for years just like America to contain this modern day menace. Lets be objective in our criticism of the president even if we didn`t vote for him. Scoring cheap points to try and make him look bad because we didn`t vote for him will not solve our problems, all it does is show our vindictive and selfish we are. If I no vote for you, I must wish you bad is not the way forward for our country. We can overcome our problems in Nigeria but only if we work as a team, he no be one man show.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by dejyx: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2011
BetaThings:

The truth?
Do you know one gentleman called Gowon. He is not hausa. Neither is he Fulani. and he is not a muslim. He, a christian, ruled for 9years.
Obasnajo ruled for 8 years. the only problem ha had came from the South - MEND, The Istekiri/Ijaw war
The Northerners supported a hale and hearty Obasanjo to assume office
Obasanjo rewarded them by arranging for a sick person to take over from him
The actual reason why power is back to the South so fast

Oh yes Gowon. He was a stooge. You know how you guys play the game. Those tricks of the Hausa/Fulani man are all over. Try it now and you will see what happens. Gen. Yakubu Gowon is a Christian from plateau state he is Angas by tribe from Pankshin Local Government. He was placed there after the coup of 1966 when Gen. Aguyi Ironsi an Igbo man was killed. Gowon had to be used to give that coup credibility. The Hausa/Fulani guys were there at the background. Nigerians have opened their eyes now so you Hausa/Fulani people cant decieve us any longer. You know what? Before 2001 Jos crises Plateau people thought the Hausa/Fulani man was his brother. But the game has changed the Hausa/Fulani man has shown his true color it cant happen again for the Hausa/Fulani man to use a Christian Plateau man.

Talking about OBJ's tenure, Mend was fighting for resource control they were under-deprived, their land which feeds Nigeria was underdeveloped so they had to rise up. Ken Saro Wiwa one of the men who championed that cause using peaceful/non-violent means was HUNG to death by Abacha and you know what happens when you kill a civil person who you can negotiate with, other agrieved groups will rise up. Those other groups might not be able to handle the struggle diplomatically/peacefully or with civility. That is how mend etc came up. Itsekiri/Ijaw, Ife/Modakeke etc came up under OBJ quite alright but these where communal clashes between tribes in southern nigeria. These were not attacks targeted at slaughtering southern corpers or southerners in general. Please dont compare these with BOKO HARAM, SHARIA or CPC Killings. You know what happens during Boko Haram, Kala Kato, Sharia related crises or CPC killings, churches are burnt business destroyed after looting and able southerners slaughtered on a large scale. I cant change your orientation but please dont stand for or support this kind of sectarian/tribal/religous killings targeted at a part of Nigeria.

On Yaradua it is a pity he died may his gentle soul continue to rest in peace. I think the notherners supported him when he was pushed forward. They should have cried foul when OBJ presented him instead of waiting for him to die. Nobody on earth knows when he is going to die or can predict when another fellow man will die. It is God that has the final say. If God permits, the man you are calling sick will be alive today and there is nothing any of us can do about it. It just unfortunate he died all of us must die one day. As the man was on his sick bed it was a thug of war to release power to his deputy because his deputy then was a christian southerner.

About power returning so fast? Notherners have ruled Naija for almost 40 years out of our 50 years existence so what is this thing about power returning so fast.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by dejyx: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
luluosas:

I don't know what to call you. I think the best thing to do to you is to overlook your stupidity and never border to join you in any discussion. How old are you and what is the level of your education?

Feel free call me what you like "no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Stupidity? point out where you think I am stupid its ok.

My Age ? Education? would have given you my full bio-data but this is not the forum for that.

The Truth Stings The Ears
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2011
Seem like Jonathan is a little paranoid here!!!

It doesn't take experience to bring change you know, Naive, I admit!!

Let him at least practice his ideologies first!! He is a first timer on many levels but his experience is nothing to worry about if the nation really wants to move forward,

Experience is nothing seriously!! I go for vision not experience!!

Goodbye Nigeria anyways!!,
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2011
Eagle75:

vox populi vox dei, (the voice of the people is the voice of God )Got it?

Guy, not in all cases and i am sure this GEJ case is among.
The people of old shouted and demanded for the release of Barnabas ( thief, murderer, killer etc) as against Jesus christ (our saviour) as recorded in the holy scriptures.
Can you vividly now tell me that the voice of the people is always the voice of God
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by olaezebala: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2011
Mr. president is the MEND's spokeman
what else can the VP do?
Boko Haram spokeman. lol
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by gymer(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2011
I voted GEJ. I trust him to succeed against all odd. No regret.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2011
^^ ok, lets see how it goes. so far he is failing.
Re: Sambo Speaks On Boko Haram by hawley(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2011

What do u expect?Mr. President carry a gun and start casing these guys,you are so naive and biased,have you ever been in a leadership position,do u know the delicacies involved

Yeah, delicacies indeed. cheesy grin lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment / Rasman Maxwell Udoh Laid To Rest / Meet The 'world's Ugliest Woman' Who Is A Motivational Speaker. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.