Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment (6847 Views)

Sagay Blasts Fayose: He Is An Irresponsible Clown, An Embarrassment To Nigeria / Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Fayose To Buhari: Withdraw 2016 Budget, It’s A National Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Makweembo: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
I watched on SABC today when President Buhari addressed the congress at the African union.

His accent is ... terrible! I could barely understand what he said.

Even when the camera showed clips of the other delegates, they looked confused as Buhari was talking. And he had to stop every few minutes to drink water before reading further.

I admire Buhari's record but surely, he should be a figure helping government behind the scenes - and not a leader at the forefront. Most people would even need a translation of what he said to understand - the Hausa accent is so thick!

What do others think?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by PapaNnamdi: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
na now u knw.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
Maybe your listening mentality is Sour!

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
What do u expect from the dullard ?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Deltagiant: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
A retrogressive nation...they're getting what they wanted. Thus, It's good for them...why not?!!!

23 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Goddex: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
I wonder the kind of Fulani that man is. Are El-Rufai, Emir Sanusi, Atiku etc not also Fulani? They are very audible

23 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
@op, have you ever thought about how you sound to other people?

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by modath(f): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Monkey e nor fine but hin mama love am die, una free to port to Congo....

@OP,
Free your mind, its not the accent that is the problem,its the hate blocking your eardrums.

If you really want to know what thick guttural accented english sounds like, listen to an East European speak,then you'll appreciate the melodious inflection in my dearly beloved PMB's voice.

32 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Realtol(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
How do you want him to sound? Like American or Briton? Anyway, you need to hear Russian speaks English then you will know the definition of terrible accent.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by mars123(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Euro31:
What do u expect from the dullard ?
No No No No No! this is no way to talk if u have respect for your country.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by mars123(m): 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Deltagiant:
A retrogressive nation...they're getting what they wanted. Thus, It's good for them...why not?!!!
Its a progressive government and people...known fact!
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Makweembo:
I watched on SABC today when President Buhari addressed the congress at the African union.

Even when the camera showed clips of the other delegates, they looked confused as Buhari was talking. And he had to stop every few minutes to drink water before reading further.

I admire Buhari's record but surely, he should be a figure helping government behind the scenes - and not a leader at the forefront. Most people would even need a translation of what he said to understand - the Hausa accent is so thick!

What do others think?
You have a better accent,o yea that is nice. Have you ever led your nation in any capacity before?

25 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by ogawisdom(m): 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Makweembo:

What do others think?

U will need a course in daura English to understand d brainless Daura President undecided

14 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
The katsina illiterate should work on his accent instead of speaking in West German

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Rubis(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
We that voted him in are not complaining. All we want from PGMB is action.

My presido, carry on.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by sheymoni(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
HBP will soon kill haters

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by jaytee01(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
ogawisdom:

U will need a course in daura English to understand d brainless Daura President undecided
Mr Genius, pardon...........but what have YOU achieved recently?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by nwaanambra1(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
sheymoni:
HBP will soon kill haters

GBAM!

@OP U HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS OR JOIN THE MIGRATING TEAM IN ONE OF THEIR NUMEROUS BOATS! cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
[s]
Makweembo:

What do others think?
[/s] ...And you with all your sonorous voice and sweet ascent , what have you achieved with it? Hate kills! Your craze no be for here. Someone should mail the mods to send for your caretaker from yabaleft...

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by arbitter: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
And so you want him to do what? Resign ? Cut out his tongue or something undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
What do you expect from a president that has no certificate even in this 21st century?
Bush man

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by beejay97(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
Attack d message not d messenger
so, it's d message we need not how it's been said
#beejay97

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by ki02020(m): 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
@ op were you expecting a british accent undecidedm...there was also a topic that disagree with african leader communicating with european languages....over sabi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by CharliParker: 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ooooh I remember my able Governor Owelle Rochas if it is Rochas all the head of states would have gone home with something in their brain the orator of our time.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by cirmuell(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
*Lol* Now it's the accent. make I retire to bed jaare

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by BrokenTV: 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
nwaanambra1:

GBAM!

@OP U HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS OR JOIN THE MIGRATING TEAM IN ONE OF THEIR NUMEROUS BOATS! cheesy
This is how your Daura President, is embarrasing us publicly,the OP you are refering to is not even a Nigerian but a South African. Even I a Nigerian can hardly understand the world that are coming out of his mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Rubis(m): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
What do you expect from a president that has no certificate even in this 21st century?
Bush man
He can school your generation of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Emekamex(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Rubis:

He can school you and your generation of hand.

Your foolishness that will extend to your generations if any, will have Buhari as their tutor...
Iti

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
BrokenTV:

This is how your Daura President, is embarrasing us publicly,the OP you are refering to is not even a Nigerian but a South African. Even I a Nigerian can hardly understand the world that are coming out of his mouth.
It's word and not world, u no even sabi use punctuation and yet u open ur tattered mouth and talk against the head of state undecided Yobafuro e laye yii tongue

14 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by texazzpete(m): 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yes, because the Chinese leader speaks with a crystal clear British accent.

The OP can continue to drown in his salty tears. It's gonna be a long 4 years...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by fitzmayowa: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
I don't see why his accent should be an issue, provided those he was addressing were able to understand what he said...

Attacking his accent is a no brainier...IMO

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Swagalicious South Sudan Minister For Water And Irrigation [photos] / Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 / Boko Haram’s Expiry Date By Pius Adesanmi *Very Funny Article About ABATI & BEAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.