Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Girls Tech Community In Abuja - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Girls Tech Community In Abuja (1403 Views)

Abuja Tech Community (join Now) / Tech Community For Devs And Techies / Join Zealnut To Be A Part Of The Best Social Community In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Amazingamb(f): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
We can all agree communities help shape a person alot and if used right can help propel one into another realm of greatness. I'm a Software developer currently working in Abuja and I wish to start a tech community for ladies in which we can have fun meetings ranging from work, business ideas, next ground breaking projects in a very fun way. If you are a beginner, intermediate or even senior developer, I can't wait to meet to you. Let's connect, learn and advance our career. There are lots of benefits that will be gained in this experience. If you are interested, show your interest with an emoji�

4 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Hannania(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
callme9mm:
Lol. You better dey your day. Guys have tried this in the past. Don’t think this your idea is a new one . There’s no how hatred will not enter . You might get to a point that you’ll start asking yourself why you met some people lol.

Dey your day and learn harder. Let your work speak for you instead of trying to meet people in the same field. I hope you understand better. Peace.
Wrong. Don't discourage her. Community gathering has a lot of advantages. It seems you were unlucky to be in the midst of toxic persons.

All the developers community I've found myself, it's been great.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by BlackSan: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Amazingamb:
We can all agree communities help shape a person alot and if used right can help propel one into another realm of greatness. I'm a Software developer currently working in Abuja and I wish to start a tech community for ladies in which we can have fun meetings ranging from work, business ideas, next ground breaking projects in a very fun way. If you are a beginner, intermediate or even senior developer, I can't wait to meet to you. Let's connect, learn and advance our career. There are lots of benefits that will be gained in this experience. If you are interested, show your interest with an emoji�

Hello, I'm interested. That's a great idea, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Amazingamb(f): 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
If you know what the power of community can do you wouldn’t speak like this. Of course I know this isn't a new idea but I'm taking it a little step higher. If you know how life of programmer and the likes work, you'll know you need to surround yourself with people with common goal, so other than only online meetings, we would get to rejuvenate ourselves through physical meeting and network. It's not meant for everyone.

*if you want to go fast, go alone* but if you want to go far, go with people*.

callme9mm:
Lol. You better dey your day. Guys have tried this in the past. Don’t think this your idea is a new one . There’s no how hatred will not enter . You might get to a point that you’ll start asking yourself why you met some people lol.

Dey your day and learn harder. Let your work speak for you instead of trying to meet people in the same field. I hope you understand better. Peace.

6 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Amazingamb(f): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thank you, I can't overemphasise over communities have helped me. Right now , I just crave something a little more physical. Thinking of building a website in relation to this. Anybody interested on joining me on the project can message me.
Hannania:
Wrong. Don't discourage her. Community gathering has a lot of advantages. It seems you were unlucky to be in the midst of toxic persons.

All the developers community I've found myself, it's been great.
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by dangoteinlaw: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2022
These 23yo that understand little about life be seeking for friends in a world filled with hate and anger. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by guysbewise: 7:08am On Apr 18, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
These 23yo that understand little about life be seeking for friends in a world filled with hate and anger. Smh

Well said. They can even use jazz on the OP.

If the OP loves herself she should keep her community and network online for her own piece of mind.
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by BRATISLAVA: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2022
Great idea, OP. Don't mind the naysayers. Whether 20 or 50, you're going to need to socialize after being indoors.

There's nothing people won't criticize when they are stuck on criticism.

Allow others to do what you didn't.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Hannania(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2022
Amazingamb:
Thank you, I can't overemphasise over communities have helped me. Right now, I just crave something a little more physical. Thinking of building a website about this. Anybody interested in joining me on the project can message me.
It's a good move. See it to fruition. I know a lady that got Microsoft's offer because of gatherings like that, where she gives two laptops per cohort to intending girls in tech.

Microsoft eventually made her an ambassador before an offer for software engineer 11 followed. She's now in the US.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by GloriousGbola: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
Have you considered creating a forum?

Not a programmer but I used to be a serious CAD geek.

There was not much by way of Nigerian communicaties, but there were numerous forums where I picked up all sorts of tips, tricks, lsps etal.

If you have a forum, one where problems are solved, you can create a network there

Only thing is I don't know how these things work with Nigerians. Oyibos are much much more straightforward and generous with knowledge.

Nigerians and Indians maybe because of poverty mentality often try to paywall or monetize information

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Great idea, OP. Don't mind the naysayers. Whether 20 or 50, you're going to need to socialize after being indoors.

There's nothing people won't criticize when they are stuck on criticism.

Allow others to do what you didn't.

I hope these won't be a "deek measuring contest" for ladies o. Glad to see something unfolding sha. How are you doing?
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Have you considered creating a forum?

Not a programmer but I used to be a serious CAD geek.

There was not much by way of Nigerian communicaties, but there were numerous forums where I picked up all sorts of tips, tricks, lsps etal.

If you have a forum, one where problems are solved, you can create a network there

Only thing is I don't know how these things work with Nigerians. Oyibos are much much more straightforward and generous with knowledge.

Nigerians and Indians maybe because of poverty mentality often try to paywall or monetize information

It's not maybe. It is poverty mentality. The desire to grab all they can, can all they grab and then seat on the can.

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by BRATISLAVA: 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I hope these won't be a "deek measuring contest" for ladies o. Glad to see something unfolding sha. How are you doing?

I think it's a nice community exercise that would go well whether for just males, just females or both. You can never get enough fresh air. Hopefully it will be something that everyone can benefit from.

Fine. And you? Haven't seen you in Nazi uniform for a while. You enjoying yourself?
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by qtguru(m): 1:01am On Apr 19, 2022
Amazingamb:

Don't be discouraged, all you need is a growing active member. wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

I think it's a nice community exercise that would go well whether for just males, just females or both. You can never get enough fresh air. Hopefully it will be something that everyone can benefit from.

Fine. And you? Haven't seen you in Nazi uniform for a while. You enjoying yourself?

Hehehehehehe...someone called me "Professor of English" because of that uniform o. I say make I pull am small.and wear civilian clothing.

It's good to see the community develop organically. Even better to see a female drive the formation. I will keep my eyes on it
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by BRATISLAVA: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hehehehehehe...someone called me "Professor of English" because of that uniform o. I say make I pull am small.and wear civilian clothing.

It's good to see the community develop organically. Even better to see a female drive the formation. I will keep my eyes on it

grin

Professor of English, your troopers are looking up to you, put your uniform right back on.

Keep your eyes on it, and don't hesitate to give your guidance. We are all looking up to you. And bring along your panel: qrguru tendazengetsu20 linder and the brigade. Your contributions are needed.
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

grin

Professor of English, your troopers are looking up to you, put your uniform right back on.

Keep your eyes on it, and don't hesitate to give your guidance. We are all looking up to you. And bring along your panel: qrguru tendazengetsu20 linder and the brigade. Your contributions are needed.

I definitely won't hesitate to give my guidance and advice if see a need for it. Might be able to bring in qt and tensa. Don't know about the other two. But I'm watching it unfold.
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:19am On Apr 20, 2022
I wonder if those discouraging the OP are in the tech sector. Kai undecided no wonder girls learn and get jobs faster than guys because there're active and fruitful online communities like girlsCanCode, sheCodeAfrica etc.

These communities help newbies (girls) get started, some even provide learning resources such as laptop, courses and internships. They do so many online and physical meetups.

Next you'll see a girl getting a job or internship within her first six months of learning how to code (all thanks to those communities) and you'll see a young guy struggling for 4 years to even get an internship placement undecided

OP please do the Lord's work.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
I absolutely support it and ill be more than happy to offer my help, 07083508005 pm me smiley
Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Amazingamb(f): 2:50pm On May 04, 2022
I'm so happy with the responses I have gotten and its encouraging, even the negative responses grin . I'm working on ways it become be better.

1 Like

Re: Girls Tech Community In Abuja by Moneyyman: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2022
Hi, guys.
Is there a software/coding academy in Kubwa axis?

(1) (Reply)

Making A Crude Website API / Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. / If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.