Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student (90990 Views)

Chrisland School Sex Scandal: Where Are The Boys? / Chrisland School Sex Video: We Have Commenced Investigations - Lagos Police / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by naptu2: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Chrisland School under fire over alleged cover-up of 10-year-old female student’s “rape”

EDUCATION
By John Ogunsemore

Chrisland School, one of the most popular private schools in Nigeria, is presently in the eye of the storm for allegedly covering-up the rape of a 10-year-old female student.

A Nigerian music executive, Ubi Franklin took to Twitter on Sunday evening to narrate how his friend’s 10-year-old daughter was allegedly raped by her fellow students, videotaped and the recording shared on Instagram.

Franklin, who did not name the affected school, stated that the school covered up the incident for a month but the alleged victim’s parents found out on their own.

“Just got off the phone with a friend of mine His 10-year-old daughter was selected to represent her school at the World School Games in Dubai. His daughter was r**ped by fellow students, video tapped and posted on Instagram and the school concealed it for a month.

“He found out on his own when another parent called his wife and showed his wife the video of his 10 year old daughter being circulated on Instagram.

“I have spent the last 1hour listening to confessional statements by some teachers and I am begging this should rather be a dream,” Ubi Franklin tweeted.

In an update. Ubi Franklin noted that the school has since suspended the girl.

“UPDATE ON MY PREVIOUS POST.

“This school took the girl from her parents that they wanted to conduct a Covid test and the school rather took the girl for a pregnancy test.

“As we speak the girl has been SUSPENDED from the school. Some things don’t make sense at all.”

Meanwhile, Peoples Gazette reported that Chrisland School located in highbrow Victoria Garden City (VGC), Ikoyi suspended a 10-year-old student for participating in a “truth-or-dare” game in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).

According to the report, the student alongside others represented the school in the World School Games between March 10-13, 2022 in Dubai.

The school said, in a letter dated April 14, 2022, and addressed to the girl’s parents, that she was suspended as a major participant in the “truth-or-dare” game which constituted “improper behaviour and misconduct”.

https://www.herald.ng/chrisland-school-under-fire-over-alleged-cover-up-of-10-year-old-female-students-rape/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by naptu2: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Chrisland School suspends 10-year-old female pupil after being raped while playing truth-or-dare in Dubai

The school said other schoolmates who took part in the game had been suspended.

ADEBOLA AJAYI • APRIL 17, 2022

Chrisland School has suspended a 10-year-old female pupil after accusing her of taking part in a truth-or-dare game in Dubai.

Pupils from the elite high school were in Dubai in March to participate in the World School Games between March 10-13, 2022. The school was celebrated for carrying out an impressive display and winning about 34 medals.

In the April 14, 2022, letter to the girl’s parent, seen by Peoples Gazette, authorities at Chrisland School in Victoria Island Garden City told the girl’s father that she took part in “improper behaviour” after playing the truth-or-dare game, describing her as a “major participant.”

“In line with our core values centred on discipline, Chrisland Schools have zero tolerance for any improper behaviour and misconduct,” the school said in a letter signed by its principal Georgia Azike.

The Gazette has withheld the pupil’s name.

The school said other schoolmates who took part in the game had been suspended, adding that the girl and her parents did not cooperate during its investigation.

“Consequently, [name redacted) is hereby placed on indefinite suspension until you as the parents ensure that she is punished, adequately counselled and rehabilitated,” the school said.

The Gazette obtained the letter hours after social media claims about the matter emerged. Friends of the father said a pregnancy test had been conducted and the school initially hushed up the case. A spokesman for Chrisland did not return a request seeking comments about the allegations.

The development came weeks after Sylvester Oromoni died under controversial circumstances at Dowen College, another elite school in Lagos.

https://gazettengr.com/chrisland-school-suspends-10-year-old-female-pupil-after-being-raped-while-playing-truth-or-dare-in-dubai/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by naptu2: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Chrisland School was the subject of major controversy in 2018 when a teacher at the school was accused of raping a two year old girl.

Video Of Two-year-old Child Raped In Chrisland School Played In Court

In 2019 the teacher was sentenced to 60 years imprisonment by an Ikeja domestic violence and sexual offences court for child defilement.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by naptu2: 3:43am On Apr 18, 2022
Reactions.

1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by matrix199(m): 3:46am On Apr 18, 2022
"She was suspended because she participated in a Truth or Dare game". Trying to push the blame on the 10yrs old child.

Well, if they think they can cover up the dastard act just the way they did to letter "T" in the name of the school 'Chrisland', they are dead wrong!

Justice must be served!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Bluntguy: 3:51am On Apr 18, 2022
matrix199:
Una dey craze?
Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Bluntguy: 3:52am On Apr 18, 2022
naptu2:
Space bookers association
Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by dfrost: 4:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Twitter was abuzz last night with the issue. This is so sad. My question is why the cover up?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by thisnaijaguy: 4:07am On Apr 18, 2022
Schools!

A place where products of parenting flaws and products of quality parenting come together and try to influence each other.

Is my prayer that light always wins

Less of these kind of news especially in our schools

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by dfrost: 4:14am On Apr 18, 2022
thisnaijaguy:
Schools!

A place where products of parenting flaws and products of quality parenting come together and try to influence each other.

Is my prayer that light always wins

Less of these kind of news especially in our schools

So many questions beget answers.

Where did they get à phone from?
Why were they left unsupervised when they got to Dubai?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by ipobarecriminals: 4:35am On Apr 18, 2022
sad the girl should speak out and they should soak the rapistonbail ballz in undiluted acid angry wink..Kill Rapist

3 Likes

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by DanseMacabre(m): 4:43am On Apr 18, 2022
Hmmmm.

This is both alarming and sickening. Of all the positive we could learn from the first world/West, we choose only the harmful practices. We dey form woke, and our morality recedes like Shehu Sani's hairline as time goes on. And it's a vicious circle: children raised without parental care and guidance turn out morally bankrupt, and go on to raise their own kids the same way.

It's inconceivable to think that a fvcking ten-year old already knows truth or dare, and even 'riding'. Yet here we are. Naija 'elite' schools are dumping grounds for degenerate children of degenerate parents, and it's a no-brainer that they pass this behaviour to other kids who might be from saner homes, while their parents are forming woke on Twitter.

I weak wallahi. This woke culture we're imbibing might likely be the death of us all. As chaotic as nature might seem, it has its own rules and order. Humans wanna subvert that order and think they will escape the repercussions. The world's gone crazy... undecided

106 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Mrkumareze(m): 4:50am On Apr 18, 2022
Bad parenting exhibited in school.. we all re responsible for bad behaviour our kids are coming up with, allowing kids access to phone, taking them to scene where adults exhibit sexual or romantic characters in d name of hanging out..
The sch did the right thing n those involved were all kids.Don't be surprised if it's the girl who initiated the fowl play.. Best move is to allow the school punish the kids..

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by money121(m): 5:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Big man schools with big problem cry cry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by backnbeta(f): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2022
I'm sure the children were chaperoned to ensure proper behavior- they couldn't have been sent to Dubai without a guardian! Thus, should start by sacking the chaperones for neglecting their primary duty of watching over the kids. I have nothing much to say, but like someone said earlier; when you hand over the care of your children to other people, you can't expect much.

BTW, I hope the matter has been reported at the appropriate quarters- Twitter police and social media trial crew can't handle the criminal aspect undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:08am On Apr 18, 2022
When I was 13, I never knew what sex was. And how are kids so exposed in recent times? Don't know if to attribute it to the failure and laziness of some parents or the rot in the society.
Even some religious places aren't helping matters.
Na wah.

Parents needs to understand that parenting is a call and job on it's own and more attention has to be paid on the boy child considering the recent happenings.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by inoki247: 5:08am On Apr 18, 2022
We no understand again whr come dey safe for kids nd girl child...

As a Father person get plenty work to du on a Female child and any Male child wey wan turn monster...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by wolesmile(m): 5:09am On Apr 18, 2022
I saw the disgusting video. That was no rape. If I am not mistaken, the girl was even riding the boy at a point. It was totally disgusting. I remember asking the person that showed me why he should even keep such on his phone.
When I think about what kids these days are capable of, I become afraid for the future generation. We have thrown morality into the air. Look at Iyabo Ojo's daughter, Mercy Aigbe's daughter, and recently, the picture of Omotola's 22 year old daughter's bikini wear. (That one is even a product of Chrisland) Believe me you'll know these kids have been exposed to various forms of indecent behaviours since their junior school days.

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by owiko(m): 5:09am On Apr 18, 2022
Abeg, abeg, make nobody shout rape on top this matter again. That video was despicable, but consensual
Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by osariemenk(m): 5:10am On Apr 18, 2022
Nigeria is really turning into something else.
Please check out this YOUTUBE video called LIFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKYTheMvn0
Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by eedimo(m): 5:12am On Apr 18, 2022
rape again?
Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 18, 2022
Why were they all lumped up(male & female) in a room without supervision to even afford them running about naked?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Tomoyayi(m): 5:14am On Apr 18, 2022
Parents, have a good relationship with your children, a two way communication relationship.
All these schools ehn embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by OnionBandit(f): 5:14am On Apr 18, 2022
I think death should be the penalty for this kind of crime

Death by electrocution through the pr33k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by BUSHHUNTER: 5:15am On Apr 18, 2022
Normal normal most private secondary schools in lekki,ajah down to epe no normal

Funny thing it might be consensual sex but e no still normal.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by LibertyRep: 5:17am On Apr 18, 2022
Just a little slip could mar the years of hardwork that has been put into growing a business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Mom007(f): 5:18am On Apr 18, 2022
What kind of parent allows their 10yr old girl or even boy for that matter to travel out of the country without their direct supervision in this time and age? In the name of games... What stupid games? We play a lot in this country! angry

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by mujibson(m): 5:19am On Apr 18, 2022
Although the school has its own flaws on this issue, it is evident that this is a problem of poor parenting. The school's letter to the child's parent explains everything.

"I've seen the video and besides doesn't look like rape to me, just a bunch of inappropriate kids exposed at a very early age," someone said in the screenshot above, which brings to the question we should definitely all ask ourselves "Am I a decent parent?"

Bad parenting can have a variety of negative consequences for your child. With today's fast-paced lifestyles, it may appear simple for your actions to simply tell your child what to do because where would a 10-year-old small girl learn to ride deek? Where?

Structure and boundaries are necessary for children to develop into healthy adults. If a child does not learn to be disciplined, he or she will misbehave in situations outside of the house. And that is precisely what has just occurred.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by hoodboy(m): 5:20am On Apr 18, 2022
Unfortunately stumbled on the video on twitter, no rape there, two wayward children engaged in sexual act, both active participants.

It is unfortunate that the school did not properly watch the children, there should have been adult supervision to avoid stories like this.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Rootprof(m): 5:21am On Apr 18, 2022
I will wait until when proper investigation is done and not social media investigation. I won't allow a celebrity push my innocent mind up and down just to find out something else later. I have come to a very strong conclusion that I will not always believe anything posted by politicians and celebrities on social media especially FB and Twitter. Till then peace

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:23am On Apr 18, 2022
Rootprof:
L
Awon leader of space bookers association

2 Likes

Re: Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student by Olayetan(m): 5:23am On Apr 18, 2022
Wait, what is happening these days, if this is true, that school should be locked up forever and they should prosecute the teachers who knew about the incident and didn't voice out.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any Latest News On Assu Strike? / Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / Teacher Exposes Her Legs In Front Of Primary School Pupils (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.