Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates (20203 Views)

APC Primaries: Tinubu In Early Lead As Sorting Of Votes Begins / 2023: A Look At The APC's 7,800 Delegates And Tinubu's Support / Okorocha, Others Scramble To Take Credit Over Released IPOB Women - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by Mandate2023: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2022
mrvitalis:

Done for me ? I don't need them go do anything for me

What Peter obi did in Anambra is exactly what Nigeria needs now
Someone who can block leakages , manage scarce resources ...that's what you and I know Nigeria needs now .. has osibanjo demonstrated such capacity ?

If to judge by that I think u should support tinubu....obi did not do 2% of what tinubu did when he was governor except u just want to be an enemy to d truth

We know u ppl r only full of hatred and nothing reasonable inside ur head tho

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by ExcelDBM: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2022
Henri244:
If Tinubu gives the 7,800 delegates 100k each at the primaries that would be an easy victory.

100 thousand naira? You're a joker. If he tries that he'll lose woefully.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by garfield1: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

Did you go through what I wrote? I never said osinbajo is in control of kano delegates, I said he had made remarkably in road into the state, and anything can happen before the D day. Of course the governors control the delegates and guess who has more governors? I know most of you will say asiwaju but it is not the truth, I thank God it will get clearer for people like you soon.

It is too late to make reasonable inroads.even in Ogun, osibanjo is not in control.

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by parkervero(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2022
mrvitalis:

So you just accepted you don't have anything to prove he has done to warrant the trust

It's ok to support him because he is your church member , or tribe man or stuff that's your business but don't come here to claim what he hasn't done

You're so endemic to low thinking. I already told you few of what he did when he had the chance you still claim I can't point to blahblahblah.....

Peace!
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by Tareq1105: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

It's normal because asiwaju is a politician and a powerful one for that matter, he will not relinquish the quest of contesting because it is too juicy to ignore, but odds are against him.

Thanks.

A close friend of mine, we happens to be Asiwaju supporters before, called me privately.

I told him to give me the name of the proposed Vice President to Tinubu in the North.

He couldn't find any notable northern christian that could be acceptable to the Emirs.

I told him that APC was trying to avoid that problem hence the need to be realistic and that's why some governors felt Osinbajo should join the race.

One of the outgoing governors has been picked to Vice Osinbajo since they've come to terms that Muslim Muslim ticket would not work.

Asiwaju is known to be a kingmaker and he should remain as such. Asiwaju should understand that one of those northern governors that are assuring him has been picked as VP to Osinbajo. I just hope he would not get devastated when he gets to know his name.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by We4all: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Unfortunately, we still don’t have any credible presidential aspirant. They are all recycled piece of trash.

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by parkervero(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2022
M1Garand:

He wasn't a totalitarian when he asked Ambode to resign as Accountant General of Lagos State to prevent him being sacked by Fashola over corruption issues? He wasn't a totalitarian when he brought the same unknown Ambode in 2015. He wasn't a totalitarian when he appointed Osibanjo as commissioner and VP. Bros find another thing talk.

We should not be ruled by emotions as regard these issues. He did all this when his cerebral cortex was still functioning at it average capacity now it has dwindled beyond redeemable. Besides, I don't know where Aregbesola camp is at the moment, anyway.

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by ExcelDBM: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Tareq1105:

Asiwaju should have a rethink. He's been told to forget it but he's being stubborn.

Muslim Muslim ticket would not work. The party cannot get a Northern christian to be his Vice President but he would not hear.

Osinbajo was encouraged by the outgoing Northern Governors to declare for that singular reason bcoz one of them has been picked to Vice him.

Nobody is saying Tinubu is not popular. He's the most experienced and the most popular aspirant around but circumstances and expediency doesn't favour him.

You nailed it. Whether they'll understand is what I don't know
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by ExcelDBM: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2022
emmykk:

There will be no voting... Buhari will gag all the aspirants to step down for his prefer candidate.
Anyone who refuse will be faced with underground persecution of his life.

Even if he allowed it he will make sure northern APC governors do a block vote to his prefer candidate.

Why are thou harsh comrade grin, anyway it's the truth but Tinubu's urchins hate the truth that doesn't favour them.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by ExcelDBM: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2022
Tareq1105:

Thanks.

A close friend of mine, we happens to be Asiwaju supporters before, called me privately.

I told him to give me the name of the proposed Vice President to Tinubu in the North.

He couldn't find any notable northern christian that could be acceptable to the Emirs.

I told him that APC was trying to avoid that problem hence the need to be realistic and that's why some governors felt Osinbajo should join the race.

One of the outgoing governors has been picked to Vice Osinbajo since they've come to terms that Muslim Muslim ticket would not work.

Asiwaju is known to be a kingmaker and he should remain as such. Asiwaju should understand that one of those northern governors that are assuring him has been picked as VP to Osinbajo. I just hope he would not get devastated when he gets to know his name.

grin

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by fubsy: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2022
If not Osinbajo, APC should forget it. Nigeria cannot afford to have persons with personal ambition without the generality of the people at heart, as its president.
Our next president, should be either Yemi Osinbajo or Peter Obi.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by MikoB: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2022
Tareq1105:

Thanks.

You are right, asiwaju and his supporters knew once osinbajo declares the whole calculations will change, that was why they tried their best so that it wouldn't happen, but it happened. I'm looking at el rufai or zulum, but I guess el rufai might be picked, there can still be surprises, the coming days will be interesting.

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by emmykk(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Why are thou harsh comrade grin, anyway it's the truth but Tinubu's urchins hate the truth that doesn't favour them.

grin grin grin
On Tinubu blokos they stand ,Buhari have on different occasion disowned Tinubu but he don't get it.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by ExcelDBM: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2022
emmykk:

grin grin grin
On Tinubu blokos they stand ,Buhari have on different occasion disowned Tinubu but he don't get it.

You cannot sit there in Lagos for instance and decide on zoning

Do not vote moneybags

tongue grin

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by MikoB: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

It is too late to make reasonable inroads.even in Ogun, osibanjo is not in control.
Even in ogun? With this let me just stop arguing with you, it shows how much you underate the VP! Apart from ogun state in sw he has oyo state, and there are two states which are swings states ekiti and ondo. Tinubu has osun and lagos, osinbajo has ogun and oyo, while ekiti and ondo are swing states.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by CapitalCee(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Henri244:
If Tinubu gives the 7,800 delegates 100k each at the primaries that would be an easy victory.
You think 100k is what delegates are collecting for presidential primaries? When Atiku was sharing 10000 dollars to PDP delegates in 2019. This year its from $15k upwards for APC presidential primaries.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by emmykk(m): 11:07am On Apr 18, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Do not vote moneybags

tongue grin

I will not allow money bag to buy delegates
I m for everybody I m not for nobody.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by garfield1: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

Even in ogun? With this let me just stop arguing with you, it shows how much you underate the VP! Apart from ogun state in sw he has oyo state, and two states are swings states which are ekiti and ondo.

Dapo is with tinubu except you mean amosun faction.I can agree with you on ondo and ekiti,they are swing states.if fayemi contests,majority of ekiti will go with him but the bamidele/adeniyi faction will go with tinubu.aketi will likely side fayemi but the boroffice/Barr oke faction are with tinubu...Oyo is dicey but majority should go with tinubu...

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by WhizdomXX(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2022
justified007:
Tinubu will likely get this ticket o. Only God and Buhari can stop him with what I'm seeing.

Most of the state's with the highest numbers of delegates are strongly with him and he will likely get at list 70% of their delegates votes
Lagos+Osun+Niger+Kano+Borno+Katsina+kwara
= 2231/7800.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by emmykk(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Do not vote moneybags

tongue grin

Come to think of it Tinubu have been appointing all the governors of Lagos since 1999.
Yet want to force himself on buhari.
Also Governors like Ameachi and fashiola pick one ministry and the other and work massively.

But Tinubu didn't find it good to be a minister and help work for the govt he brought to power but only burst out after 7years to say I want president.where did he got all that power from suddenly that he have been lacking since

2 Likes

Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by MikoB: 11:23am On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

Dapo is with tinubu except you mean amosun faction.I can agree with you on ondo and ekiti,they are swing states.if fayemi contests,majority of ekiti will go with him but the bamidele/adeniyi faction will go with tinubu.aketi will likely side fayemi but the boroffice/Barr oke faction are with tinubu...Oyo is dicey but majority should go with tinubu...

Lolz, if eventually dapo abiodun is for asiwaju and not for osinbajo, I will stop all the political permutations, but if not I want you to come back here and give respect, as for oyo state, the recognised faction is late akala's and teslim folarin's own which are are working for osinbajo, adelabu pekelemes faction for tinubu lost out.
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by garfield1: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

Lolz, if eventually dapo abiodun is for asiwaju and not for osinbajo, I will stop all the political permutations, but if not I want you to come back here and give respect, as for oyo state, the recognised faction is late akala's and teslim folarin's own which are are working for osinbajo, adelabu pekelemes faction for tinubu lost out.

No,the late akala was brought to apc by tinubu and made party leader.folarin was also brought to apc and made senator by same tinubu.osibanjo does not control any faction in the south west.that a faction does not support tinubu doesnt mean they are for osibanjo.aregbesola,amosun,aketi might not support tinubu but they dont support osibanjo either
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by justified007: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

Even in ogun? With this let me just stop arguing with you, it shows how much you underate the VP! Apart from ogun state in sw he has oyo state, and there are two states which are swings states ekiti and ondo. Tinubu has osun and lagos, osinbajo has ogun and oyo, while ekiti and ondo are swing states.

Osinbajo can't lay claim to controlling anything in Ogun state . Dapo Abiodun that is fronting for Osinbajo can not lay claim to any structure in Ogun state. He was helped to victory by Yayi, Osoba and OGD structures and 2 of the structures are in support of Asiwaju and Amosun may likely fall-in later from the look of things
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by justified007: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

Tinubu will still get most of the delegates votes from Oyo especially from those statutory delegates. The Lam guys , Ajimobi people will go with Asiwaju and those are the two most powerful blocks in Oyo APC .
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by seyz91(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Confirm!
qekng40:
My advice to them. smiley

Get the cash gifts Amaechi and BAT have to offer(Because that's everything they can actually offer, they can't offer good governance for the people) and vote the next President of the federal republic, Yemi Osinbajo !

Do this and posterity will never forget you!
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by justified007: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
MikoB:

Teslim and Akala faction may not be with Asiwaju but he will get a lot of votes from the old AD , ACN statutory delegates in Oyo. And the fact that Teslim/Akala group are not supporting him does not mean they're automatically with Osinbajo and I know what I am saying
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by Ofachiedo: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
He is likely to get the ticket. But where will his vice come from? quote? quote author=justified007 post=112045584]Tinubu will likely get this ticket o. Only God and Buhari can stop him with what I'm seeing.

Most of the state's with the highest numbers of delegates are strongly with him and he will likely get at list 70% of their delegates votes[/quote]
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by garfield1: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
justified007:

Tinubu will still get most of the delegates votes from Oyo especially from those statutory delegates. The Lam guys , Ajimobi people will go with Asiwaju and those are the two most powerful blocks in Oyo APC .

Very true.tinubu really has reach even in rivers
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by MikoB: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

No,the late akala was brought to apc by tinubu and made party leader.folarin was also brought to apc and made senator by same tinubu.osibanjo does not control any faction in the south west.that a faction does not support tinubu doesnt mean they are for osibanjo.aregbesola,amosun,aketi might not support tinubu but they dont support osibanjo either

You know what, I have told you what i will do if what I said is not the fact and you should do yours. Thanks
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by SweetiliciousD: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
dizzi60:
Ask the fool. We want a digital President Someone that can address world leaders without me getting scared of my president making blunders not some brown teeth President. Yemi or Obi.

Obi or no other
Re: APC Primaries: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others Scramble For 7,800 Delegates by SweetiliciousD: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ofachiedo:
He is likely to get the ticket. But where will his vice come from? quote? quote author=justified007 post=112045584]Tinubu will likely get this ticket o. Only God and Buhari can stop him with what I'm seeing.

Most of the state's with the highest numbers of delegates are strongly with him and he will likely get at list 70% of their delegates votes

Bullion van is at work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / Why Was Adeosun Not Placed On Watchlist? Fayose Asks / Agbaje: It’s Not My Job To Speak For Opposition In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.