Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality (13204 Views)

Rivers 2023: Magnus Abe Joins SDP / Magnus Abe Joins Rivers Guber Race, Picks Nomination Form / Mustapha Mona Audu Declares For Kogi Governorship Race, Vows To End Hunger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by kcmichael: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2022
Chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Magnus Abe, has declared he will contest for the 2023 governorship election in the state.

Abe, a senator who represented Rivers South-East district in the National Assembly and the factional leader of APC in Rivers State, made the declaration, yesterday, during the inauguration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu Vanguard for Ward 4, 5 and 6 in Gokana Council of the state.

Abe’s declaration came barely a week after 10 APC governorship aspirants loyal to the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, signed an agreement to support whoever emerges as the party’s standard bearer in the 2023 general election.

It means he will join other 10 governorship aspirants in APC to contest for the party’s governorship ticket during the party’s primary in May.

Abe, however, said he would only support anyone who emerges APC gubernatorial candidate in the state under a free, fair and equitable contest, warning that anything short of that would be resisted.

“I have not said and I will not say that Abe must be the candidate of APC in Rivers State. I have always said that if we have a fair, free, transparent, inclusive and equitable contest and somebody emerges from that process, as a democrat I will support whoever emerges in that contest and the person will win.

“But if you go and cook up a process to exclude me, it will not work. They cannot decide for Rivers people, Rivers people will decide for themselves. We don’t need a riverine or upland candidate that is known to Amaechi. What we need is a Rivers candidate that is known by Rivers people with the capacity and integrity to deliver.

“That is why I Senator Magnus Ngei Abe will contest for the gubernatorial ticket of the APC in Rivers State. Let me advise the party, we have been through this road many times. We should not make the same mistake again. There should be an end to political rascality in Rivers State, we should not disregard the people and expect a good result.”

Earlier, a former Attorney General of Rivers State, Worgu Boms, said that Abe remained the most qualified candidate for the job. Boms said APC would not exist in the state without Senator Magnus Abe.
https://guardian.ng/politics/abe-joins-rivers-apc-guber-race-vows-to-resist-illegality-rascality/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by qekng40(f): 7:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Truly, elections is upon us smiley

Every Tom, Dic.k and Harry don declare grin

Happy Declarations oo

Modified: Wike will never allow APC win, Magnus should always remember this... Wike na thug grin

6 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by lagbajatu: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2022
Again? Amaechi presidency in th mud. Abe is his arch nemesis.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by kcmichael: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Abe has been having a running battle with Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Minister for Transportation for the control of Rivers State chapter of APC.
It would be recalled the battle between Amaechi and Abe of APC had split the party leading to several court cases which culminated in the exclusion of the party from the ballot of 2019 general elections.
However, Amaechi has recently succeeded in installing his loyalists as members of the national working committee of the party in the state.
Abe mocked Amaechi’s declaration to contest for office of President in Port Harcourt saying that he started with a Thanksgiving as if he had won.
He pointed out that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu stands best chance to clinch the party ticket to contest for office of President and win.

4 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Righthussle: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2022
G
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by HeadNigga: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2022
Customer

1 Like

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Truthisunique2: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2022
Apc now have 18 presidential candidates already declared or soon to declare

2 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2022
.....that awkward moment when you start using "I will stop rascality" as your manifesto.

Then dat one mean say water don pass garri.

The image below summarizes Rivers State.

We Rise

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Emmastan291: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2022
He should reconcile with Amaechi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by ExoticPlanner(f): 7:12am On Apr 18, 2022
lagbajatu:
Even though I wish Amechi well, this Abe man was very mature in speech during that Channels TV Interview few days ago.

Echoban:

What's the lifespan of those DC/battery?
He said 15 Years, for the 380k he gave me 200AH Lithium with 2kVA Inverter that Powers my Freezer, TV, etc well. Now my Home always has Electricity 24 Hours daily, that's why I gladly recommend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Militant30: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2022
Magnus Abe is a Rivers man is highly qualified to run for the office of the governor of Rivers State the big question is, will Rivers people vote for him?

2 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2022
On Tilumbu old weak penis we stand on!!! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Kingozymandias(m): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2022
Interesting
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Fidinno(m): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2022
This man called Abe should rest for once, he is already a well known failure in Rivers State.

7 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Jekku: 7:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Yeah
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Emu4life(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2022
This "Rascality" he is talking about, is that not WIKE...,.....

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2022
my Spirit says should type(Oh Lord..this criminal again)

Oh Lord...this criminal again
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by yanabasee(m): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2022
qekng40:
Truly, elections is upon us smiley

Every Tom, Dic.k and Harry don declare grin

Happy Declarations oo

Abe is not just a newbie in politics.... He's one of the founding fathers of Rivers APC.....

In as much as I don't like APC.... He's Amaechi's strong loyalist.....

Just to clear you.... APC will never smell power in Rivers state...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Cantonese: 7:17am On Apr 18, 2022
Very good. With that APC remain factionalized in Rivers state again and remain ineligible to contest in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by OnlyAboutDesign: 7:17am On Apr 18, 2022

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by lomprico(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2022
lagbajatu:

How is it in the mud? Abe will not even win his primaries

8 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Whothecapfits: 7:21am On Apr 18, 2022
Ameachi has gotten his match in Abe.
We can only wish him Luck

2 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Donshegxy10(m): 7:21am On Apr 18, 2022
Amaechi kryptonite......

I hope they will eventual come to a logical understanding , unlike 2019 election, wey everything nah poto poto.
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Ohibenemma(m): 7:23am On Apr 18, 2022
These Rivers politicians and strong-headedness... One would have expected the rift between this man and Amaechi to have been settled by now, but...

2 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by frankmoney(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2022
Lol... Abe and his cohorts have already been neutralised , what they did in 2019 can't work again , the Hon. Emeka Beke led NWC is the recognised nwc both by court and the national body .

Even when Abe main man worgu boms tried to contest in the last convention he got only 3 votes . I don't see how Abe can win the primaries

3 Likes

Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by Kinematics: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2022
Let the game begin
Re: Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2022
Magnus Abe, Magnus Abe, Magnus Abe, how many times i call you? No let Wike use you this time around!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Father Made Love To My Wife —gbenga Obasanjo / Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo / Ajimobi Donates Uniform To Pupils Of Ifesowapo Community Primary School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.