Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The 7800 APC Delegates. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 7800 APC Delegates. (2397 Views)

Shehu Sani’s Fate Lies With APC Delegates: El-rufai / 7,000 APC Delegates To Ratify Pmb’s Candidacy / Patrick Obahiagbon Kneeling To Beg APC Delegates In Edo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7800 APC Delegates. by SledgeHammerer: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2022
This is the breakdown of the 7800 APC delegates that will determine the fate of the APC presidential aspirants.

Numbers of APC national delegates according to their geo-political zones and state.

Zones ���
North West: 1, 924 delegates
South West: 1,568 delegates
North Central: 1,278 delegates
North East: 1, 212 delegates.
South East: 838 delegates.
South south 927 delegates.
Total = 7,800 Delegates

State���
Kano: 465 delegates; Katsina, 384, Borno, 324; Osun, 308; Lagos, 304, Oyo 292; Jigawa, 266; Niger, 251; Ogun, 248 and Nasarawa 245 delegates.Abia has 154, Adamawa 184, Akwa Ibom 165, Anambra 163, Bauchi 202, Bayelsa 79, Benue 180, Cross River 194, Delta 170, Ebonyi 154, Edo 168, Ekiti 216, Enugu 131, Gombe 134, Imo 236, Kaduna 234 and Kebbi 213.Kogi 222, Kwara 195, Ondo 200, Plateau 185, Rivers 151, Sokoto 193, Taraba 146, Yobe 222, Zamfara 169 and FCT 53.

1 Like

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by SledgeHammerer: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2022
North west and south west on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Obamaofusa: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
This is the breakdown of the 7800 APC delegates that will determine the fate of the APC presidential aspirants.

Numbers of APC national delegates according to their geo-political zones and state.

Zones ���
North West: 1, 924 delegates
South West: 1,568 delegates
North Central: 1,278 delegates
North East: 1, 212 delegates.
South East: 838 delegates.
South south 927 delegates.
Total = 7,800 Delegates

State���
Kano: 465 delegates; Katsina, 384, Borno, 324; Osun, 308; Lagos, 304, Oyo 292; Jigawa, 266; Niger, 251; Ogun, 248 and Nasarawa 245 delegates.Abia has 154, Adamawa 184, Akwa Ibom 165, Anambra 163, Bauchi 202, Bayelsa 79, Benue 180, Cross River 194, Delta 170, Ebonyi 154, Edo 168, Ekiti 216, Enugu 131, Gombe 134, Imo 236, Kaduna 234 and Kebbi 213.Kogi 222, Kwara 195, Ondo 200, Plateau 185, Rivers 151, Sokoto 193, Taraba 146, Yobe 222, Zamfara 169 and FCT 53.

Lagos with highest population ...304 while Kano has 465 delegates..lol

5 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by SledgeHammerer: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2022
Obamaofusa:

Lagos with highest population ...304 while Kano has 465 delegates..lol

Delegates are not based on states population.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Patriot9: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2022
This is my own little analysis.
I drew the table based on my little knowledge in politics.
However, I mainly focused on the two big guns (Tinubu and Amaechi).
I stand to be corrected

Now I am beginning to see why many people are saying Osinbanjo is a damage control (plan B).
They need him to reduce the voting strength in South south and south east and some christian states in north central and being a Christian he is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by jidamsel43(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2022
With this, Tinubu has already won the primary. The only way to prevent Tinubu presidency is to have a consensus candidate which I believe will not favour Tinubu.
Half of these delegates will camp in Bourdillon on the eve of the Primary election. Forget that they are former senators, Reps, or speakers of the Assembly

11 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by MonkeyMods(m): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2022
jidamsel43:
With this, Tinubu has already won the primary. The only way to prevent Tinubu presidency is to have a consensus candidate which I believe will not favour Tinubu.
Half of these delegates will camp in Bourdillon on the eve of the Primary election. Forget that they are former senators, Reps, or speakers of the Assembly

You lie!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by TooMuchStuff: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2022
So APC is Islamically skewed to favor Muslim delegates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Rooomage: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2022
Patriot9:
I stand to be corrected

Now I am beginning to see why many people are saying Osinbanjo is a damage control (plan B).
They need him to reduce the voting strength in South south and south east and some christian states in north central and being a Christian he is.

You tried. I can guarantee that Tinubu will win Sokoto and Benue too.
1. Wamakko, who is a political force and leader in Sokoto, is a close associate of Tinubu.
2. George Akume is the APC political leader in Benue. He is also Tinubu associate.

9 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by donphilopus: 10:31am On Apr 18, 2022
Patriot9:
I stand to be corrected

Lol. Tinubu will win at least 18 States. No doubt! He will win Adamawa thru Ribadu, Bauchi thru Dogara and other heavyweights there, Borno thru Shettima and Yobe would be evenly shared if Ahmed Lawan doesn't contest and support Tinubu. If Buni supports Tinubu, he would clearly win there as Buni and Lawan are men of the moment in that State. Goje may likely support Amaechi since they both left PDP while Inuwa Yahaya may oppose his aspirant since they are no longer in good terms politically. If he decides to support Tinubu, Tinubu may likely win Gombe too but Amaechi would garner some votes there. Where I'm not sure Tinubu would win in the northeast is Taraba. I dunno much about that place.

In the northwest, Tinubu would win Katsina provided Buhari is neutral as Abu Ibrahim and the governor are solidly behind him. Without typing much, we all know Kano is for Tinubu. Ordinarily, Amaechi should have won Kaduna but he has fallen out with el Rufai. We all saw how Tinubu was welcomed to the State when he paid them a condolence visit. Tinubu may likely win Kaduna. The likes of Yerima would surely support Tinubu so I believe he should win Zamfara. Kebbi might favour Amaechi but I can't say now. Jigawa governor has since endorsed Tinubu so he should get the State as well. With Wammako in Sokoto, it's a done deal for Tinubu there.

As for North Central, Tinubu would get Kwara State as the governor there is his loyalist. The godfather of Benue, George Akume would also deliver Benue as he is Tinubu's longtime ally. Niger State governor is with Tinubu as well so winning there shouldn't be his problem. The comedian called Yahaya Bello should win his state though while Plateau should go to Amaechi because the governor is his friend. Nasarawa may also go to Amaechi too but not so sure.

We all know he should clear the southwest so no need writing anything concerning that.

In the South South, Edo delegates may likely queue behind Tinubu because of Oshiomhole. Cross River State governor seems to be with Tinubu too but Amaechi might win there. Delta should go to Amaechi too because of Omo-Agege. If Akpabio doesn't contest, anybody can win Akwa Ibom unless he later declares his support for any of the aspirants. I wouldn't want to comment on Bayelsa as I don't know who Sylva supports.

The southeast has just 838 delegates while Kano and Katsina alone have 849 delegates so I wouldn't wanna disturb myself writing anything. They should support whoever they feel like supporting as their votes wouldn't change anything. grin cheesy

19 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Patriot9: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2022
Rooomage:

You tried. I can guarantee that Tinubu will win Sokoto and Benue too.
1. Wamakko, who is a political force and leader in Sokoto, is a close associate of Tinubu.
2. George Akume is the APC political leader in Benue. He is also Tinubu associate.
Yes. More so, I just put the states where deals are already sealed
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by KingsCity: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2022
Indirect primaries is undemocratic because delegates can be bought.

All a candidate needs to be sure of winning the primaries is to buy 3901 delegate

It will come down to who has more money to buy delegates. If Buhari backs any candidate, the job is half done because he will simply open CBN's vault, pack enough hard currency and buy enough delegates for his preferred candidate
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by seunmsg(m): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2022
Patriot9:

Yes. More so, I just put the states where deals are already sealed

Bornu is sealed for Tinubu and not Osinbajo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by OVB123: 10:52am On Apr 18, 2022
jidamsel43:
That is your own analysis/opinion, wait for that day and u will c what will happen. Just wait.
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by bigpicture001: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2022
Why is south east the only region with five states..?

1 Like

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2022
bigpicture001:

Upon say you be big picture, na today you dey know?
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Cajal(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2022
donphilopus:

Lol. Tinubu will win at least 18 States. No doubt! He will win Adamawa thru Ribadu, Bauchi thru Dogara and other heavyweights there, Borno thru Shettima and Yobe would be evenly shared if Ahmed Lawan doesn't contest and support Tinubu. If Buni supports Tinubu, he would clearly win there as Buni and Lawan are men of the moment in that State. Goje may likely support Amaechi since they both left PDP while Inuwa Yahaya may oppose his aspirant since they are no longer in good terms politically. If he decides to support Tinubu, Tinubu may likely win Gombe too but Amaechi would garner some votes there. Where I'm not sure Tinubu would win in the northeast is Taraba. I dunno much about that place.

In the northwest, Tinubu would win Katsina provided Buhari is neutral as Abu Ibrahim and the governor are solidly behind him. Without typing much, we all know Kano is for Tinubu. Ordinarily, Amaechi should have won Kaduna but he has fallen out with el Rufai. We all saw how Tinubu was welcomed to the State when he paid them a condolence visit. Tinubu may likely win Kaduna. The likes of Yerima would surely support Tinubu so I believe he should win Zamfara. Kebbi might favour Amaechi but I can't say now. Jigawa governor has since endorsed Tinubu so he should get the State as well. With Wammako in Sokoto, it's a done deal for Tinubu there.

As for North Central, Tinubu would get Kwara State as the governor there is his loyalist. The godfather of Benue, George Akume would also deliver Benue as he is Tinubu's longtime ally. Niger State governor is with Tinubu as well so winning there shouldn't be his problem. The comedian called Yahaya Bello should win his state though while Plateau should go to Amaechi because the governor is his friend. Nasarawa may also go to Amaechi too but not so sure.

We all know he should clear the southwest so no need writing anything concerning that.

In the South South, Edo delegates may likely queue behind Tinubu because of Oshiomhole. Cross River State governor seems to be with Tinubu too but Amaechi might win there. Delta should go to Amaechi too because of Omo-Agege. If Akpabio doesn't contest, anybody can win Akwa Ibom unless he later declares his support for any of the aspirants. I wouldn't want to comment on Bayelsa as I don't know who Sylva supports.

The Southeast has just 838 delegates while Kano and Katsina alone have 849 delegates so I wouldn't wanna disturb myself writing anything. They should support whoever they feel like supporting as their votes wouldn't change anything. grin cheesy
Your analysis is fantastic and closer to reality
Apart from TINUBU, AMECHI, IN APC AND WIKE, OBI in PDP every other aspirants is relying on either consensus or VOTE BUYING

2 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Nigerialabalaba: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022
bigpicture001:
because SE iboland dey very tiny for land mass. SE na d size of Oyo state so na cheating to Oyo state for it to be a single state yet same land mass con be 5 states for SE. Dat no be equality. If u give SE one more state u must gone one state to each geopolitical region niyen

2 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
So APC is Islamically skewed to favor Muslim delegates

Yes so. Like Fani Kayode a delegate from Abia.

1 Like

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Nigerialabalaba: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
donphilopus:

The Southeast has just 838 delegates while Kano and Katsina alone have 849 delegates so I wouldn't wanna disturb myself writing anything. They should support whoever they feel like supporting as their votes wouldn't change anything. grin cheesy

Nassarawa na Jagaban

1 Like

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Tinubuadvocate: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
Ah southeast grin
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Tinubuadvocate: 11:36am On Apr 18, 2022
I'm pretty sure that Tinubu will win imo and Abia state.
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by garfield1: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2022
Patriot9:
I stand to be corrected

Katsina has declard for tinubu,IMO is with him.sylva has always opposed amechi,ayade endorsed tinubu.
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by garfield1: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Nassarawa na Jagaban

It will be divided
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by bigpicture001: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2022
gr8ofnnetwork:

Upon say you be big picture, na today you dey know?

It doesnt mtter..it shld be for equity and fairplay
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by garfield1: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2022
donphilopus:

Kwara gov may not be with tinubu.remember he has fallen out with lai Mohammed.am not sure akume will still be with tinubu,his boy Emma jime is with amechi.jigawa is with amechi or so it seems.I think omo agege is with tinubu,he has always supported oshiomhole same with sylva
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by Parachoko: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

Kwara gov may not be with tinubu.remember he has fallen out with lai Mohammed.am not sure akume will still be with tinubu,his boy Emma jime is with amechi.jigawa is with amechi or so it seems.I think omo agege is with tinubu,he has always supported oshiomhole same with sylva
Who com be Osinbanjo supporters? The man might just disgrace himself at the primary.

2 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by garfield1: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
Parachoko:
Who com be Osinbanjo supporters? The man might just disgrace himself at the primary.

I tell you.most of his supporters are originally tinubu boys

1 Like

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by SledgeHammerer: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
donphilopus:

Lol...... that your last paragraph na trouble maker own ooooo

2 Likes

Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by donphilopus: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
garfield1:

Razaq should still be with Tinubu. His fight with Lai is in-house i.e. within Kwara State if I'm not mistaken. I dunno of Akume though. When Jigawa State governor hosted Amaechi recently, remember they only spent 5 minutes and he avoided endorsing him! You can check dailytrust! Now I remember Omo-Agege should be with Tinubu but not so sure of Sylva (though Tinubu once stood with him in 2016 or so during Bayelsa guber. polls). Let's see how it goes though.
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by donphilopus: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Nassarawa na Jagaban

Wow. No doubt anymore then! Nasarawa is for Tinubu.
Re: The 7800 APC Delegates. by donphilopus: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Cajal:

Your analysis is fantastic and closer to reality
Apart from TINUBU, AMECHI, IN APC AND WIKE, OBI in PDP every other aspirants is relying on either consensus or VOTE BUYING

The likes of Amaechi and Obi are also relying on consensus arrangements.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happened When Kwankwaso Supporters Clashed With Obidient Fans In Jos / Tinubu Used Donald Duke Childhood Picture On Page 20 Of Campaign Booklet / See What Amokachi The Bull Was Spotted Doing For Tinubu In Kano State(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.