Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat (26233 Views)

2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat / Pete Edochie Endorses His Son, Yul For 2023 Presidency / Tinubu Opposes Wife’s Bid For Deputy Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Kwanza: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
PUBLIC SERVICE: THE GREATEST PRIVILEGE

Betty, FLOOS, let me choose this great day in our lives, our 41st wedding Anniversary to notch up in print my support for your popular and known quest to serve your people in the Senate.

The evolution of modern societies bears indelible evidence of significant inputs of few people. This trajectory records definitive impacts of those who dare to think and act differently. The consequence of this defiance finds expression in radical departure from the old order, leading to transformation. It yields quality accretions which impact positively on the people in any given space.

The world owes those who dare a debt of gratitude for audacity, tenacity, consistency and focus. These torch bearers withstand the brunt of vilification, contempt, deprivation and even rejection. They remain undaunted until the set goal is achieved. They are rarely praised afterwards.

Public service is taken as the highest form of participation in the affairs of a human community, state or a country. It ennobles anyone, privileged to serve, whose tenacity, focus and integrity ensure development. Only a few are truly equipped for service. They must be encouraged at all times.

Anytime, anywhere and under whatever circumstances, those who hold views which threaten to shatter age-long widely held beliefs and/or practices are a special breed. Those whose activities have borne positive impact on the lives of the under-privileged, must be supported by all good people.

I join all other well-wishers, admirers, supporters and stakeholders to support, openly and without any reservations or equivocation, my Adorable Betty in her bid to continue to serve the people in her State of birth, Imo.

I do this, most enthusiastically, as a partner, admirer and active follower for over four decades. I consider myself highly privileged to have a workaholic, gender and human rights activist, humanist and philanthropist as wife, adviser, harshest critic, supporter, political associate and, above all, an unrelenting ideologue, ready to sacrifice and confront any obstacle, natural and artificial. I am of the firm belief that any group, society, community, state or country, privileged to avail itself of the quintessential service of a bold crusader, as she, is lucky indeed.

Seeking to continue what she started long before I came into politics, when she ran for the House of Representative, at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly, is not strange to me or anyone who has been watching the activities of this special personality. I SUPPORT HER ASPIRATION NOW, AS I HAVE ALWAYS DONE, EVEN BEFORE I JOINED POLITICS. I know her to be a passionate believer in rectitude. I believe in her mission to emancipate women from the shackles of all forms of oppression.

I have known her as a fiercely independent personality who is never afraid to voice her dissent on any issue. I have witnessed her triumphs over adversities at close quarters. She made me appreciate more the nuanced difference between foolhardiness and courage. Many have come to accept her as a rock of refuge for the oppressed and hopeless. She has been a strong advocate for equity and justice and against unprofitable superstitions, beliefs and habits which predispose people to diseases and avoidable deaths.

I am proud of this gift from Imo State. I support her aspiration wholeheartedly. I am convinced that the people of Imo State will enjoy quality representation from her. Her presence in the Senate promises exciting moments.

I harbour no anxiety that my Adorable Betty, ADA OWERE, has all it takes to BEMORE. While offering her my unalloyed support, I wish her all the best in this current quest to extend and particularise the scope of service in the interest of the people.

May the will of the Almighty be manifested and fulfilled in this endeavour, and many more, designed to uplift the downtrodden.

May fair winds aid this sail!

Your Darlin,

ARAKUNRIN OLUWAROTIMI O. AKEREDOLU, SAN
GOVERNOR, ONDO STATE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5081396081939129&id=10000206362P3600

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by LeoDeKing: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Okay, let's see.

But these people though

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by psucc(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Can't doubt this after all, FFK was Abia State delegate in the just concluded APC national convention.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by nairavsdollars(f): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Senior Advocate Of Nepotism (SAN)

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
Okay..

Senior Advocate of
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Guyman02: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
This woman has been a strong pillar in the life of Aketi from his days as a youth corp member when he first met her in Enugu, pushing him beyond limits and he is today pushing her to fulfill another ambition in the family while being there for her as she battled breast cancer.
There kids are also well behaved and hardworking

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by hurryup123(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
Lol

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Maynman: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Senior Advocate Of Nepotism (SAN)

Then what will you call bubu?

13 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by tiswell(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
What do we call this one again grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by kolnel: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
lol
This new crop of politicians is just ready to drain Naija.
They turning Naija into a family business.

11 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Pidginwhisper: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Cocking: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Everything na play for Nigerian politicians

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Starz825(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Omoo
I don't know why this sounds so funny grin..

Woman is married to an Ondo man...
Ondo man became governor of his State...
Wife automatically becomes the first lady of Ondo state...
Now the woman feels the next line of action since her hubby's tenure as governor will be over soon is to return to her state for a senatorial seat....

I thought they said in ibo land, once a woman is married, she doesn't have right to come back and claim anything...well that's traditional right Sha..

This one na political right...
Crazy country... cheesy

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Emadani(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by vengertime: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
Meanwhile, he will also contest for senatorial seat in Ondo State.

Nigerian politicians need to be studied in Havard University and Yale.

Imagine Ngige wants to be President, he can't even have a reasonable agreement with ASUU and Nigerian Medical Association.

Or is it Rochas,? That one had an opportunity to put himself on the map, but instead his greed took over his senses.
Stole people land, convert it to your own embezzle state funds for your family and still want to be President of Nigeria.

As for Tinubu, I don't even know where to start, but all I can say is Nigerians deserve to suffer. Period

That Buhari didn't teach us lesson means we are not serious in this country

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by NORSIYK(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
She's free to contest but she won't be able to win polling unit

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by 4tomandchi: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
shocked will this people ever be contented? When will the youth ever be given a chance them just the recircle themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by JosephXavier: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
She is from imo State and has every right to contest for any political position

That is one of the advantages (married) women have in politics over men but will still cry out marginalisation

It is left for the people of imo State to know who they trust that will deliver for them and vote for the person

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by DontBullshitMe: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Why can't he convince his brothers to vote her as a Senator in the Ondo state he governs?

Every riff raff politician trying to install their wife as Senators after their retirement.

Tinubu has shaa set a bad precedent. Tuẹh.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
grin

Akeredolu should rule them by proxy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by WonderManly(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Otun ti Zeh ooooooooo!
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by Skillsnigeria: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hmmm, Ok
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by nitapam: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
She is free to contest
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by money121(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Family business
Re: Akeredolu Endorses His Wife’s Bid For Imo-East Senatorial Seat by FlowerTeen(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
When it comes to family, I don't play politics with it.
God bless her and her ambition.
I will support my wife 100 times to actualize her lifetime ambition.
Just as we men dream about the future we want at tender age, so do women, until they meet us and then sacrifice all their dreams for us and our children.
So if my wife intends fulfilling her dream, no matter the level of criticism, I will go to the moon for her to actualize it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nwobodo’s Son’s Corpse Missing, Burial Postponed / Buhari, Akeredolu And APC Governors In Akure (photo) / Etisalat And Keystone Bank Shares: BCO Raises Public Alert Over PDP Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.