Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles (47965 Views)

Turkish Ship Rescued 54 Sailors On Damaged Russian Naval Cruiser Moskva / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / How Ageing Russian Warship Moskva Was Blown Up By Ukrainian ‘neptune’ Missiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Unshackled: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Officialgarri:
As much as this is a big loss to Russia, especially having a tag of the largest warship to be sunk since the WW2, it will make no much difference to the onslaught going on in Ukraine as we speak.

The moskva is an old ship that has been under debate to be scrapped since 5 years ago.
Infact, it hasn't fired a single shot since the start of this war.

According to the Institute for the Study of War (IOW) the Moskva’s loss – regardless of the cause – was a “major propaganda victory for Ukraine”.

In contrast, it was likely to undermine Russian morale.
Whereas, in military terms, however, the loss might not be so significant.
yet Russia brought it to the war.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Ayowolemi(f): 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
grin
englishmart:
Putin should apologize to Ukraine. Just Lie to them that Buhari taught him to be clueless
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by hope4nigeria(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
Officialgarri:
As much as this is a big loss to Russia, especially having a tag of the largest warship to be sunk since the WW2, it will make no much difference to the onslaught going on in Ukraine as we speak.

The moskva is an old ship that has been under debate to be scrapped since 5 years ago.

According to the Institute for the Study of War (IOW) the Moskva’s loss – regardless of the cause – was a “major propaganda victory for Ukraine”.

well done analysers, the day Ucrain go kill Puntin himself, you will still say Putin is just ordinary human.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Obi3icebaba(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:
Putin should apologize to Ukraine. Just Lie to them that Buhari taught him to be clueless
��� I swear you be fool
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by BestLife22(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh��
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar��
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by nedekid: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
wolesmile:
One ship!!!

Compared with the numbers of Ukrainian losses in terms of cities and citizens?

Why is the western media making it look like Ukraine is doing fine in this war? Propaganda no dey freak us again. Why are they pushing Zelensky to the brink of destruction?
Walai!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-pictures-stricken-russian-warship-26733834.amp

Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7079031/how-ageing-russian-warship-moskva

Although this is old news but it's about time. It seems a bit quiet from d Russian/Ukraine palaver for a few days now. I was thinking that they are celebrating Easter.
I
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by IamAsiri: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Guyman02:
Only Ukraine makes headlines as if there are no conflicts in Tigray, Yemen, Syria etc.
See how the white man manipulates our minds to one direction

That's because the war, if not properly managed, may spin into a world war.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by PharNEWS(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Matters arising
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by lexy2014: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Guyman02:
Only Ukraine makes headlines as if there are no conflicts in Tigray, Yemen, Syria etc.

My dear, the way Dem de hype this war ehn, everywhere na Ukraine. Sports, entertainment.... everything.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Advocate500:
based on this sentiment alone most of you have chosen to stay on the side of the oppressors against the oppressed? Some of do not care about what the people of Ukraine actually want, all you are concerned about is that, so long as is against USA interest is ok.

Just because your neighbor wants to train snake in his compound does not mean it right just because your kid wants to be a dog does not mean it right.

Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join Nato, it is their business and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine.

So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.

My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you doing, sleeping with a knife?!?!

I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife is none of your business and it is my freedom.

My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a knife? What if you accidentally cut me?

I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is like Ukraine joining the Nato.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by ALFADOS(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
Until Ukraine is final destroyed before the west calling puttin or Russia for genocide, we just the follow them
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
emapeteum:

The gods you are calling is it the God of Abraham or the gods of the land? Is it the Ukrainian that took the war to Russia or started the war with Russia? Pls lecture us and stop using Jesus' wrongly

Many things caused the war but bringing nato that is the wrong thing zelenesky wanted to do look now he has agreed to not bring nato this is what he could have done since.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by chrisj2(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2022
This is either Sabotage or incompetence or a freak accident. Some crew members will have died but this was not a hit that killed 500 Russian navy... How come there was a Turkish ship nearby and they came to the rescue rather than Russians? And where are the crew in this photo.
Lastly, it will have been a lucky shot if they were Ukranian missiles because they should have been able to repeat the same.
Russia losing men heavily because of underestimation of the amount of weapons Ukraine had and been getting. Columns of tanks will never be a military strategy anymore - not without patriots or other defense systems or drones.

Drones and Shoulder launchers and smaller artillery are the winners of this war. Courage too!

Russia have decided not to be too nice - so it is now more bombardment and more civilian casualties. NATO went shock and awe with a smaller and unsupported country like Iraq - they cared less about the country or the people. And it was an unjustified war and occupation that ended badly.

Russia did not want to occupy Kyiv but get close enough to distabilise and neutralise military infrastructures without much civilian casualties but they paid dearly for it.

Less than 100 civilian losses by the time they pulled back - compared to NATO wars? And they wanted to bring democracy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by mfm04622: 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
Officialgarri:

The bolded part is NOT true!
It has been used to shell Ukraine since the start of the war! What was the ship doing where it can be fired upon if not involved in the war? Sightseeing?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by CoronaVirusPro: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by CoronaVirusPro: 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Just because your neighbor wants to train snake in his compound does not mean it right just because your kid wants to be a dog does not mean it right.

Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join Nato, it is their business and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine.

So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.

My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you doing, sleeping with a knife?!?!

I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife is none of your business and it is my freedom.

My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a knife? What if you accidentally cut me?

I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is like Ukraine joining the Nato.

One of the most stupid analogy I have seen since birth.

Hello! Ukraine is a sovereign country. Your wife stays under your roof and you both in a union.

Are you clear?

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by omis1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

You don't understand international politics and you don't know who your enemy is.
yeah usa is d enemy,it was usa that invaded ukraine ,same way it was usa that invaded and took crimea in 2014 ,invaded Georgia in d past.
You pootin fanboys are the same lunatic as pootin that supports evil and genocide in d name of hating d west

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Themandator: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
Officialgarri:

Oga Russia doesn't have new ones so no need talking about old or new... That is Russia in all her glory.. Don't make it look as if the new one at in Russia

Russia doesn't even have an aircraft carrier that is operational
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by olisaokere(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Officialgarri:

This one na long grammar.the ship destroyed or not destroyed?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by techWriter3: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2022
Putin should forgive to Ukraine
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by omis1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Ukraine president has even said they are not joining nato,this pootin fanboys are just as deranged as him.
They should ask why all Russia neighbor will rather lean toward d west than so called big brother Russia.
Russia has invaded ukraine in 2014 and took crimea,they invaded Georgia and Finland in d past yet according to pootin fanboys it’s d victim fault
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Sent87: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Guyman02:
You can go and report your own na, abi wetin dey stop you?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by zmanto(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Even your conutry Nigeria is bleeding and you didn't mention it here.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Quaddafi29: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Yes, it is a loss but this is a war and all sides must lose something but Ukraine don collect. Russia has now halted ground action and is decimating ukrainian but by bit with misiles and long rang strategic bombers for which Ukraine has no answers to. Soon Kiev shall lie in ruins and zelensky captured alive. He said he can fight for ten years! Prodded on by the US, he is throwing away chances for peace and opting for a war he and NATO can never win

1 Like

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by pharmaking: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
The sea black true true.

Na the only thing I fit talk now be that.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Naija8240: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
End the war!!

Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by jrusky(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:

Your mouth bad oo.

But to say d truth u re very correct bro.
Re: Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles by Johnboom: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Russia can not win this. All what they need to do is to resist Russia force a little while, before internal coup kill Putin due to loss of his men and badly affected Economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. / Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa / Russia Conducts Military Drills On Isles Disputed With Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.