Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? (37975 Views)

It's Almost 5pm & No Pictures From APC Rally In Benue, What's Going On? / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OVB123: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
josefaith:

Bros, I don't know of other states in SW but Ogun State is an exemption. Ogun West senatorial District hasn't produced governor since 1999
That is yewa people? am i right?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:

UGM will soon kill you bastard dog. Yoloba muslim, your edo sisters are in Italy doing their job I hope your ma is not amonng.
your mother is one of those I bleeped recently u idiot... I don't stay in Igboland so where ll ur terrorists see me and if u cross to South South or west we ll Kil u pple bastard
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OVB123: 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2022
luizpippo:

Why is Igede lumped together in the same zone as Idoma?

Why were they not given a zone like it is done in Kogi

Igala takes East
Ebira takes Central
Okun takes West.
It is because the tiv has overwhelming majority, therefore, there are in control of 2 senatorial districts, while the remaining 1 district is share between idoma and igede.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by kabillionaire(m): 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Exactly my point!
Giving the gubernatorial seat to the Idomas is not a problem, in fact we want to do that.
For starters, our Tiv governors failed us woefully apart from Aper Aku of blessed memory.
We know an Idoma governor will perform better, whether he likes it or not due to the pressure from the Tiv.
But, can the Idomas be selfless enough to allow the Igedes taste the senatorial and ministerial seats? If not, they should stop making noise about marginalization.
You can't eat your cake and still have it.
Sen. David Mark was a senator since 1999 till he recently handed over to sen. Abba Moro, another Idoma man.
Tubaba, please remove the log in your eye before the speck in Ayatutus' eye.
One love.
omenkaLives:
TuBaba is asking that question on the wrong platform. He should have made the post on Facebook where most politically active Benue people are found.

By the way, he's hypocritical too. The idoma are doing to us what the Tiv are doing to the entire state.

If they really wanna have this discussion, they should first allow an Igede man to become the Senator or Minister from Zone C. When this happens, then they can have the moral platform upon which to stand and make such demands for governorship.

2 Likes

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by sterlingD(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2022
What l am seeing here is lack of unity of purpose.There should have been agreements on rotation of political positions. Like it has been pointed out Igede has had the chance of deputy governor position and the position of Ochi Idoma.They can build on this.Canvass and lobby for other positions like the senatorship and others.For me l believe lobbying and canvassing for support should be continuous.

Like l am seeing in some other states there are agreements on rotation of political positions and these agreements are articulated, documented and binding and are echoed and reechoed to aspirants. The Igede and Idoma should come together and have something like this via continuous lobbying and canvassing and then have a common front to achieve more meaningful development and progress Correct me if l am wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by RacistProudIgbo: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
your mother is one of those I bleeped recently u idiot... I don't stay in Igboland so where ll ur terrorists see me and if u cross to South South or west we ll Kil u pple bastard

Useless animal from South west, I Bleep your useless harlort mum that brought you bastard...South south is Igboland with our minority cousins, Majority will always carry the vote..Take your cat face to your hopeless region the skull mining capital, No one look like you people in South east and south south.

Animal bastard.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:

Useless animal from South west, I Bleep your useless harlort mum that brought you bastard...South south is Igboland with our minority cousins, Majority will always carry the vote..Take your cat face to your hopeless region the skull mining capital, No one look like you people in South east and south south.

Animal bastard.
unmitigated idiot and foolish bastard am from South South... All your generation of terrorists can burn in hell we don't want your Ipob criminality in South South fool... Your father made a mistake the night he bleeped your mum... Nonsense pikin
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by boyfrank: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
27Pushing30:

I don't get... is it not numbers that translates to electoral college votes? with each state being apportioned EC vote numbers?
In 2016, Hillary Clinton had more votes than Trump, but Trump won. Because some states had more college votes than others, and some state districts had more votes than others.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by RacistProudIgbo: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
unmitigated idiot and foolish bastard am from South South... All your generation of terrorists can burn in hell we don't want your Ipob criminality in South South fool... Your father made a mistake the night he bleeped your mum... Nonsense pikin

Look at a bastard claiming south south an Igbomand and also biafra land.

You are a bastard like your father thatt's why you are ashamed of your muslim heritage from south wast, south south kill you..Na your papa created south south? Read up here illiterate muslim. Go and kiss your mama pussy boy.

https://www.nairaland.com/6608848/how-alex-ekwueme-created-idea
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by RacistProudIgbo: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
My mother is one of those I bleeped recently I'm idiot... I don't stay in Igboland so where ll ur terrorists see me and if u cross to South South or west we ll Kil u pple bastard

Smelling things.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:

Look at a bastard claiming south south an Igbomand and also biafra land.

You are a bastard like your father thatt's why you are ashamed of your muslim heritage from south wast, south south kill you..Na your papa created south south? Read up here illiterate muslim. Go and kiss your mama pussy boy.

https://www.nairaland.com/6608848/how-alex-ekwueme-created-idea

you are a compound idiot and fool who have been brainwashed by a criminal nnamdi Kanu... South South isn't interested in your madness... So keep off... Animal... Am a proud Edo son not an Meth bastard like you
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:

Smelling things.
banza mutum akuya kowai
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by 27Pushing30: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2022
boyfrank:

In 2016, Hillary Clinton had more votes than Trump, but Trump won. Because some states had more college votes than others, and some state districts had more votes than others.

Who won more states?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by RacistProudIgbo: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
banza mutum akuya kowai

No more South South, fulani herdsmen, Ipod kill you all bastards from Futa Jalon. bloody immigrant.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by RacistProudIgbo: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
you are a compound idiot and fool who have been brainwashed by a criminal nnamdi Kanu... South South isn't interested in your madness... So keep off... Animal... Am a proud Edo son not an Meth bastard like you

Edo my azz, the land under Biafra , Edo kill you there. Futa Jalon Muslim immigrant.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by odionsilver: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Urhobo's have more numbers Edo boy. It's equitable because urhobo's don't have up to 50% so they can't lord supremacy over anyone.
Urhobos-40%
Igbos-30%
Ijaws-15%
Isokos-10%
Itsekiris-5%
Others-0.01%

Why separate the urhobo and isoko but add all igboid speaking delta north as Igbo. Urhobo-isoko 50% if not 60%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 12:34am On Apr 28, 2022
odionsilver:

Why separate the urhobo and isoko but add all igboid speaking delta north as Igbo. Urhobo-isoko 50% if not 60%
That is how they're recognized by the State government. Moreover, they don't vote in the same pattern, as related to the topic of discuss.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by buymyride: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2022
omenkaLives:
TuBaba is asking that question on the wrong platform. He should have made the post on Facebook where most politically active Benue people are found.

By the way, he's hypocritical too. The idoma are doing to us what the Tiv are doing to the entire state.

If they really wanna have this discussion, they should first allow an Igede man to become the Senator or Minister from Zone C. When this happens, then they can have the moral platform upon which to stand and make such demands for governorship.
so omenka na igede man grin
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by orisa37: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
IDOMAS ARE MEMBERS OF THE SOUTH EAST REGION. THEY ARE IGBOS.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 3:29am On May 01, 2022
Efewestern:

You are using last election to judge voting strength? Please be smart in your argument. Imagine believing Uvwie has only 25k voters and Udu 17k. I mean, these two are the most urbanized and most populated LGAs in Delta State.

Now, let's look at stats.

Registered Voters in Delta State in 2011 was 2,044,372 (https://guardian.ng/general-elections-2011/inec-results-live-updates-as-jega-announces-results-of-election-2015-at-press-conference/)

Meanwhile, Delta Central had over 819,118 registered voters as at that time (https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/146332-819118-registered-voters-participate-delta-senatorial-bye-election-inec.html)

Meaning 40% of Delta's voting strength are in Delta Central. If you distribute the remaining 60% between North and south, how then are they majority?

You should stop misleading people online.

Voter apathy is very strong in Delta central tho.
They have the most populated local governments but very embarrassing turnout.
The below is from the physical registration for the on going continuous voters registration exercise. The online registration is almost 300k for Delta state which is the second highest nationally but lga by lga breakdown is not available for that

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 10:19am On May 01, 2022
darfay:

Voter apathy is very strong in Delta central tho.
They have the most populated local governments but very embarrassing turnout.
The below is from the physical registration for the on going continuous voters registration exercise. The online registration is almost 300k for Delta state which is the second highest nationally but lga by lga breakdown is not available for that

There is voter apathy which I'm not denying, but the guy I quoted was giving the impression that Delta North has a far larger voter strength which is a big lie. Delta Central result from the last two elections were poor because most people are beginning to loose hope in the system. Their massive support for Ogboru in 03 & 07 yielded no success.

From the screenshot, we can see the voting numbers coming from Burutu, Bomandi and those riverine communities are fraudulent. Now, I'm beginning to believe Isoko isn't even a minority in Delta South to start with. Next year will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 12:43am On May 02, 2022
Efewestern:

There is voter apathy which I'm not denying, but the guy I quoted was giving the impression that Delta North has a far larger voter strength which is a big lie. Delta Central result from the last two elections were poor because most people are beginning to loose hope in the system. Their massive support for Ogboru in 03 & 07 yielded no success.

From the screenshot, we can see the voting numbers coming from Burutu, Bomandi and those riverine communities are fraudulent. Now, I'm beginning to believe Isoko isn't even a minority in Delta South to start with. Next year will be interesting.

I don't think we're a minority. We're not politically inclined as the others. I doubt if there's a town or city in Delta state outside ijaw and isoko areas where ijaw people outnumber the isokos. We're definitely more than the other guys.
The ijaw people have benefited massively from militancy and enriched themselves massively and in so doing pulling political clout for themselves while the itsekiris have benefited from their monopoly of warri et Al.
I hope things change but at the moment we're not even in the discuss for the Senatorial seat or deputy governorship
I hear the ijaws are seriously vying for the governorship BTW
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Osariemen12: 3:56am On May 02, 2022
darfay:

I don't think we're a minority. We're not politically inclined as the others. I doubt if there's a town or city in Delta state outside ijaw and isoko areas where ijaw people outnumber the isokos. We're definitely more than the other guys.
The ijaw people have benefited massively from militancy and enriched themselves massively and in so doing pulling political clout for themselves while the itsekiris have benefited from their monopoly of warri et Al.
I hope things change but at the moment we're not even in the discuss for the Senatorial seat or deputy governorship

You are honest. Population laced with voter apathy amounts to nothing politically. For now, Delta North rules politically.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 7:57am On May 02, 2022
darfay:

The Itsekiris aren't benefiting from warri. They have no monopoly over anything when 90% of the city are in Urhobo land. They only benefit from their Oil wealth which they and the Ijaw ethnicity are using to corner political influence in the Nigerian space.

And yes you are right, there is no city in Delta State where those two are more than the Isokos. I don't know if you've stayed in Ughelli for example. For every 5 Houses owned by the Urhobos, there is one owned by the Isokos. Even in Warri, same thing. Outside the Urhobos, The Isokos are next followed by Ijaws then Itsekiri and others.

As much as we have our own squabbles, There is need for us to unite. The unpleasant fact about our disunity is that there's no tribe in Delta state or Nigeria that will love and care for you like me an Urhobo man (Vice versa). Already, our interest is covered and secured in the state and Country as we have the huge numbers to corner any threat from any group. Same can't be said to your people. Sincerely, we need you and you also need us. I hope we put out differences aside and unite like the brothers we are.

As for the Ijaw governorship. They are just blabbing. After we are done. We will fiercely root for an Isoko governor.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by tutudesz: 8:14am On May 02, 2022
Efewestern:

The Itsekiris aren't benefiting from warri. They have no monopoly over anything when 90% of the city are in Urhobo land. They only benefit from their Oil wealth which they and the Ijaw ethnicity are using to corner political influence in the Nigerian space.

And yes you are right, there is no city in Delta State where those two are more than the Isokos. I don't know if you've stayed in Ughelli for example. For every 5 Houses owned by the Urhobos, there is one owned by the Isokos. Even in Warri, same thing. Outside the Urhobos, The Isokos are next followed by Ijaws then Itsekiri and others.

As much as we have our own squabbles, There is need for us to unite. The unpleasant fact about our disunity is that there's no tribe in Delta state or Nigeria that will love and care for you like me an Urhobo man (Vice versa). Already, our interest is covered and secured in the state and Country as we have the huge numbers to corner any threat from any group. Same can't be said to your people. Sincerely, we need you and you also need us. I hope we put out differences aside and unite like the brothers we are.

As for the Ijaw governorship. They are just blabbing. After we are done. We will fiercely root for an Isoko governor.
Una wan do nairaland coup abi grin has an Ijaw man, I stand with the zoning arrangement and 70% of Ijaws too.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Chigorkizz(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2022
Is Igede not Idoma?

Igede has become Ochidoma In the past

If you're not Idoma how come u were Ochidoma.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 9:54am On May 02, 2022
tutudesz:

Una wan do nairaland coup abi grin has an Ijaw man, I stand with the zoning arrangement and 70% of Ijaws too.

Unfortunately your political elders don't agree with you. Pa Clark has been running around clamouring for the seat to be zoned to his people.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by tutudesz: 10:18am On May 02, 2022
Efewestern:

Unfortunately your political elders don't agree with you. Pa Clark has been running around clamouring for the seat to be zoned to his people.
Forget what he is saying, he is supporting a Urhobo candidates behind
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by darfay: 8:09pm On May 02, 2022
Efewestern:

I know of that ughelli part. It's the first major town outside of isoko area and as such it's a popular destination for isoko migrants. Warri,pH,yenagoa and Lagos follow in no particular order. I always thought itsekiris are next to urhobo in population when it comes to warri as they all claim to be from there.Most urhobo/isoko people hardly migrate to Delta North/Anioma axis while reverse is the case. Such demographic shift is not going to be advantageous to the people of Delta central in the long run
Did you know they're urhobo speaking villages or settlements so to say in Edo state somewhere on the Benin ore shagamu bexpress way. I was surprised too

There's no consensus candidate yet from Delta central, I hope it doesn't fragment urhobo votes. James Manager and the deputy governor guy are seriously contending for the seat and those guys(ijaws) are master riggers. They somehow manage to pull off 90%+ voter turnout every single election year. That burutu has a single federal constituency while ughelli north,south and udu have to share one is an act of injustice despite each being more populous than burutu individual
Isoko needs a political awakening because it seems they aren't very good at politics despite our growing population we've constantly allowed ourselves to be cheated by others even in ndokwa east where the ndokwa people have hijacked the local government for themselves. It's crazy how there's no agitation atm for the Senatorial seat.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 11:39am On May 03, 2022
darfay:

I know of that ughelli part. It's the first major town outside of isoko area and as such it's a popular destination for isoko migrants. Warri,pH,yenagoa and Lagos follow in no particular order. I always thought itsekiris are next to urhobo in population when it comes to warri as they all claim to be from there. Most urhobo/isoko people hardly migrate to Delta North/Anioma axis while reverse is the case. Such demographic shift is not going to be advantageous to the people of Delta central in the long run
Did you know they're urhobo speaking villages or settlements so to say in Edo state somewhere on the Benin ore shagamu bexpress way. I was surprised too

There's no consensus candidate yet from Delta central, I hope it doesn't fragment urhobo votes. James Manager and the deputy governor guy are seriously contending for the seat and those guys(ijaws) are master riggers. They somehow manage to pull off 90%+ voter turnout every single election year. That burutu has a single federal constituency while ughelli north,south and udu have to share one is an act of injustice despite each being more populous than burutu individual
Isoko needs a political awakening because it seems they aren't very good at politics despite our growing population we've constantly allowed ourselves to be cheated by others even in ndokwa east where the ndokwa people have hijacked the local government for themselves. It's crazy how there's no agitation atm for the Senatorial seat.

The Itsekiris are mostly concentrated in Ugbolokposo & Ugbromo (In Uvwie) and Warri South which they share with Urhobo. The rest part of the city are deep in Urhobo Territory where you find more Isokos. The Ijaws also have a growing population in the city, but from my observation, they can't swallow the Isokos. In places like Sapele, the Itsekiris come second after the Urhobos.

@Bolded, you are right, I also notice the Urhobos/Isokos barely migrate to Delta North but in the state capital, the Urhobo/Isoko should come second after the indigenes. Aside there, you barely see them concentrated anywhere else. You should also note that we have few Urbanized areas in Delta North.

The Urhobos have large populations in Edo/Ondo. Infact, a 1980 census confirmed that 1 in every 8 persons living in Ondo was Urhobo. In Edo state, they come second after the indigenes. Ondo/Edo were regarded as the second home of the Urhobos. In a real population census, there's no way the combined population of Isoko/Urhobo won't be the second largest in the Niger Delta.

Our brothers in the creek sometimes pull 94% turnout. No where in this country do you record such massive votings. Again, he who lays the golden egg, dictate the tune. The Nigerian state must do everything to please the people that feed the entire nation. There is no logical reason why Ughelli shouldn't be a standalone federal constituency.

Not that the Isokos lack political awakening, they are just being placed in a district where the other two players are ready to gag against them. Unfortunately, there's no way their cousin can help. Presently, Isoko has a better chances of producing a governor than a senator. I know of the Ndokwa tussle and how they are being schemed out of things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by odionsilver: 12:11pm On May 03, 2022
WhizdomXX:

That is how they're recognized by the State government. Moreover, they don't vote in the same pattern, as related to the topic of discuss.
this is a lie they are recognised as ukwuani , ika Ndowka and igbo.. I am not against you grouping them as igbo since they are igboid. for fairness group the edoid as one. no more divide and conquer tactics
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2022
odionsilver:

this is a lie they are recognised as ukwuani , ika Ndowka and igbo.. I am not against you grouping them as igbo since they are igboid. for fairness group the edoid as one. no more divide and conquer tactics
Okay, what of voting patterns?
What can you deduce from the 2011 Governor election. Research and get back to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps / N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri / Cameroon, Niger, Benin Citizens Lament Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.