Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? (37940 Views)

It's Almost 5pm & No Pictures From APC Rally In Benue, What's Going On? / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by tom2222ess: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
WHY IDOMAS CANNOT PRODUCE A GOVERNOR

Democracy in Benue and even in other parts of Nigeria is far short of what it supposed to be in this experiment . A tiv man with his bias mind will never allow any minority tribe to over rule .Abba morro tried it but failed in that bid .Even the courtesy call on the tor tiv by ochi idoma in an attempt to persuade all the tiv governorship aspirants to step down for the idoma aspirants will never work. That is the bitter truth to be told . Let the idomas rather search for another deputy governor for the next dispensation.The only solution for the idoma will be APA state.Let the idomas withdraw from this race to avoid waste of funds for a project that is already bound to fail .Thank you .
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Bbbw: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Then he should contest if capable
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by samonak(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ivimmanuel:
The heart of an Idoma man is desperately wicked. You guys will never be governor of Benue state. Btw you guys are deficient in numbers, tell me the magic that can make an idoma man or woman governor of the state? When an average idoma hates the Tivs.
It was the same sentiment the Igalas had about the igbirras, Same thing de Hausa Fulani's thought about the Southern Kaduna people, until Gov Yahaya Bello and Late Yakowa came into the picture, but today the story is different, you're not God so you don't know 2moro. Secondly, we don't hate the Tiv people, A Tiv man by default is naturally greedy and only thinks about himself, if you doubt me check all the Areas surrounding Tiv land, you've fought the Jukun, Igede, Kuteb, Fulani,Neighbouring tribes in Nasarawa and cross river states all around your borders you've fought any body who's not Tiv, heck you've even fought amongst yourself, because of your land grabbing tendencies. The Idomas are aware of your selfishness that's why we left the state for you n concentrated at the Federal level.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
Osariemen12:

Evidence speaks. Both Delta and my state, Edo, were once in the same state. Historically, Anioma has block votes in state politics. Take a look at the 2019 election results.

Stop arguing and learn to accept corrections.

Delta north isn't the most populous in Delta State, the Urhobos are. Even during the time Bendel was/were together, the Urhobos were the largest, having a larger population than that Bini & Ishan combined.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Efewestern: 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2022
agentarcher:

Leave that ignorant fellow. I'm would like to come to the office and defend what he is saying. Trying to claim another's state as their own because we were generous enough to allow a minority tribe rule the state. This is why some majority don't allow minority rule. Stupid talks like this comes up.

In Bendel, the Urhobos were by far the largest, even having more population more than the combined forces of Bini and Ishan. In a real population census, I don't even see any tribe in the Niger Delta except Efik/Ibibio having more population than the Urhobos.

2 Likes

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
I used to think that way before, that I don't care where the president comes from provided he's giving us good governance and dividends of democracy.

But we are not getting any good governance, hence the need to balance it because of some discriminatory policies and programs against certain tribes

I still think that way and I haven't changed how I think because of what the constitution says. It's when folks now begin to see governance outside of what the constitution says, that's when you begin to see "the need to balance it because of some discriminatory policies and programs against certain tribes". So if you and everyone of us seeks first the constitution, it's values, tenets, instructions, ideals and principles, then every other thing will be added. You can't circumvent the constitution which tells us how we should be governed by "balancing" things and then still expect that things will go well. How?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

I still think that way and I haven't changed how I think because of what the constitution says. It's when folks now begin to see governance outside of what the constitution says, that's when you begin to see "the need to balance it because of some discriminatory policies and programs against certain tribes". So if you and everyone of us seeks first the constitution, it's values, tenets, instructions, ideals and principles, then every other thing will be added. You can't circumvent the constitution which tells us how we should be governed by "balancing" things and then still expect that things will go well. How?

going by your logic, one tribe should continue ruling others till eternity in a multicultural society like Nigeria all in the name of constitution when the country keeps retrogressing
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
going by your logic, one tribe should continue ruling others till eternity in a multicultural society like Nigeria all in the name of constitution when the country keeps retrogressing

Which my logic? Am I the constitution? You are saying "all in the name of the constitution"? Can you have a Nigeria without it's constitution? You are still trying to think outside provisions of the constitution. What does the constitution say about governance and what it is supposed to deliver to the people? What are the interests of the people as dictated and outlined by the constitution?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Which my logic? Am I the constitution? You are saying "all in the name of the constitution"? Can you have a Nigeria without it's constitution? You are still trying to think outside provisions of the constitution. What does the constitution say about governance and what it is supposed to deliver to the people? What are the interests of the people as dictated and outlined by the constitution?
what happens when elected government officials violate the constitution by oppressing other tribes
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
what happens when elected government officials violate the constitution by oppressing other tribes

You haven't answered my questions:

1. Can you have a Nigeria without it's constitution?

2. You are still trying to think outside provisions of the constitution. What does the constitution say about governance and what it is supposed to deliver to the people?

3. What are the interests of the people as dictated and outlined by the constitution?

4. What does the constitution say about anyone at all using the govt to oppress anyone based on questions 2 and 3?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions:

2. You are still trying to think outside provisions of the constitution. What does the constitution say about governance and what it is supposed to deliver to the people?

3. What are the interests of the people as dictated and outlined by the constitution?

4. What does the constitution say about anyone at all using the govt to oppress anyone based on questions 2 and 3?
the same constitution says that everybody should be treated equally bro.

The bitter truth is that our leaders don't honour or respect our laws, I'm the most patriotic Nigerian you've ever known, you can't match my patriotism at all.

But our constitution needs total overhaul, this country is not working for everyone, it's time we restructure to advert the impending disaster
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
the same constitution says that everybody should be treated equally bro.

The bitter truth is that our leaders don't honour or respect our laws, I'm the most patriotic Nigerian you've ever known, you can't match my patriotism at all.

But our constitution needs total overhaul, this country is not working for everyone, it's time we restructure to advert the impending disaster

You still haven't answered my questions:

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

You still haven't answered my questions:

what does the constitution say about stealing government funds? How many people have been prosecuted? What does the law say about wanton destruction of lives and property? How many bandits, terrorists and Fulani herdsmen have been jailed for killing innocent Nigerians?

The questions you keep asking me are funny in a broken and dysfunctional Nigeria
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
what does the constitution say about stealing government funds? How many people have been prosecuted? What does the law say about wanton destruction of lives and property? How many bandits, terrorists and Fulani herdsmen have been jailed for killing innocent Nigerians?

The questions you keep asking me are funny in a broken and dysfunctional Nigeria

It doesn't answer my questions:

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

It doesn't answer my questions:

Your so-called constitution is a dead letter because Nigeria is a lawless country.

Continue repeating the questions
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
Your so-called constitution is a dead letter because Nigeria is a lawless country.

Continue repeating the questions

That isn't what I asked u. Check this out again:

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lincs25(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
I want to know which law state that an Igede man can't be senator in zone C of Benue State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Osariemen12: 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Efewestern:

In Bendel, the Urhobos were by far the largest, even having more population more than the combined forces of Bini and Ishan. In a real population census, I don't even see any tribe in the Niger Delta except Efik/Ibibio having more population than the Urhobos.

Full list of the 25 LGAs with Results for PDP and APC

1.) Ukwuani
APC – 7264
PDP – 18,328

2.) Ethiope East
APC – 21,141
PDP – 11,489

3.) Ethiope West
APC – 6,211
PDP – 62,044

4.) Ika South
APC – 3,877
PDP – 33,371

5.) Ika North East
APC – 2,303
PDP – 67,417

6.) Patani
APC – 3,288
PDP – 19,683

7.) Oshimili South
APC – 2,700
PDP – 54,766

8.) Okpe
APC – 9,424
PDP – 20,415

9.) Aniocha North
APC – 4,653
PDP – 17,054

10.) Aniocha South
APC – 3,138
PDP – 20,947

11.) Isoko South
APC – 14,259
PDP – 43,730

12.) Oshimili North
APC – 2,906
PDP – 37,744

13.) Isoko North
APC – 9,817
PDP – 29,648

14.) Sapele
APC – 10,457
PDP – 18,572

15.) Ndokwa East
APC – 4,306
PDP – 30,670

16.) Ughelli South
APC – 20,233
PDP – 32,086

17.) Udu
APC – 8,605
PDP – 9,042

18.) Warri South
APC – 12,982
PDP – 34,977

19.) Bomadi
APC – 4,437
PDP – 63,851

20.) Uvwie
APC – 10,467
PDP – 15,455

21.) Warri South West
APC – 10,906
PDP – 139,534

22.) Warri North LGA
APC – 11,116
PDP – 44,713

23.) Ughelli North
APC – 22,081
PDP – 19,045

24) Burutu LGA
APC – 3,645
PDP – 49,722

25.) Ndokwa West LGA
APC – 5,722
PDP – 30,971

The results of the Delta State guber election in 2019. Show me how central has more voting strength than the south or north.

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Cheq40: 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Don't mind him! He is likely an NYSC dude posted to Delta state. Urhobos have the highest population. They have 8LGA but have lots of communities in Ndokwa and Ijaw land! The community where E.K.Clark comes from (kiagbodo) speaks Urhobo! D Ijaws also have a Great population because they are polygamous and bear plenty children!
The urhobos r geneticaly imbibed polygamous people sir,d aniomas equally have communities in urhobo land,d urhobos have politically laid structure with d likes of james ibori hence d dominance bt bliv me table is fast turning round
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
lexy2014:

That isn't what I asked u:

I never knew you were this childish man.

Here's my parting words, I pray and hope for a better Nigeria where the membership of my country won't be based on the language I speak.

where I will be judged by the content of my character.

Where ethnic profiling, prejudices and stereotypes won't exist.

God bless Nigeria, goodnight

1 Like

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by spycamera: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Marginalization and bullying everywhere. No equity, fairness and Justice so how can there be peace. Tiv bullying Idoma, Idoma bullying Igede. All have to come together and agree on certain terms else Benue will continue to remain like this. See Ebonyi State created yesterday leaving Benue behind.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by swagifted(m): 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
Unfortunately democracy does not allow the world to turn that way. Highest votes wins.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by lexy2014: 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
God1000:
I never knew you were this childish man.

Here's my parting words, I pray and hope for a better Nigeria where the membership of my country won't be based on the language I speak.

where I will be judged by the content of my character.

Where ethnic profiling, prejudices and stereotypes won't exist.

God bless Nigeria, goodnight

Well Mr. Adult, you still haven't answered my questions neither will prayers answer the questions:

Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Heffalump(m): 9:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
qekng40:
I think its this state that always have a Governor from one particular tribe, deputy Governor from one particular tribe and Speaker of the state house of assembly from one particular tribe.
Its been so since time immemorial. sad
Methinks the majority ethnic group/tribe are bullies!

Honestly from my little research, the Times are the most toxic tribe to cohabit with in Nigeria. They don't care if any other tribe exists are breathes like them when it comes to politics. Just zero tolerance!
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by bizzibodi(m): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
Rugaria:

And why do most of you keep quiet as you are marginalized and truamatized politically and economically, only to start shouting down the groups trying to rectify the situation? I mean the igede are quiet. They're not agitating vigorously as they should. Now an idoma man is trying to draw attention to the plight of his people and all of a sudden, you want to use the situation of the Igedes to rain on the parade of the Idomas... Is that right? Cry your cry and let him cry his cry.. It's like this everywhere in this country. Folks always trying to complain about the complainant...

Most of you won't say anything about the deplorable state of Nigeria but you are all dying inside. You hate what the fulanis are doing. You hate the way a section of the country has managed to corner everything for themselves while relegating almost everybody else to the background. But once the igbos start to agitate, you all get upset. We start hearing stuff like "are you the only ones suffering"? If you're suffering too, stand up and be counted and stop castigating those who feel that enough is enough, and started doing something..
Don't mind them there was a time the idomas wanted to absorb them as one tribe in unity even as far as making an igedeman HRH.Agene Okpabi an ochi'idoma is that not fair & accommodating?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by Elhabeeb1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
omenkaLives:
TuBaba is asking that question on the wrong platform. He should have made the post of Facebook where most politically active Benue people are found.

By the way, he's hypocritical too. The idoma are doing to us what the Tiv are doing to the entire state.

If they really wanna have this discussion, they should first allow an Igede man to become the Senator or Minister for Zone C. When this happens, then they can have the moral platform upon which to stand and make such demands for governorship.

Yes wo, to the granular.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by IslamIncest: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
alsudan:

An Yhula TSWAR the joke is on you if you think everyone that stands for a just an Equitable Nigeria and Condemns the Maginalization of the SE must be from the region.

Might just save your political career in the future and make you my newspaper reading and Banter replying deputy like Ogiri Ajene was. So show some respect. cool

Something tells me that is an insult. what does it mean? grin
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by bizzibodi(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
omenkaLives:
TuBaba is asking that question on the wrong platform. He should have made the post of Facebook where most politically active Benue people are found.

By the way, he's hypocritical too. The idoma are doing to us what the Tiv are doing to the entire state.

If they really wanna have this discussion, they should first allow an Igede man to become the Senator or Minister for Zone C. When this happens, then they can have the moral platform upon which to stand and make such demands for governorship.
There was a time the idomas wanted to absorb them as one tribe in unity even as far as making an igedeman HRH.Agene Okpabi an ochi'idoma is that not fair & accommodating?But today they pulled out of that arrangement.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by God1000(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
bizzibodi:

Don't mind them there was a time the idomas wanted to absorb them as one tribe in unity even as far as making an igedeman HRH.Agene Okpabi an ochi'idoma is that not fair & accommodating?
absorb who? What is the population of idoma compared to igede, you are just dreaming man.

Your seven local governments gives you an edge over igede at the moment, but it won't continue like this forever.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by bizzibodi(m): 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
vinnex:
The Idoma's call themselves the effective minority.. At Federal level, they are majority. They have captured the school of Medical Sciences as their own. They have always exhibit the character of our own when given the opportunity to lead. They have a long way to go in their attitude...
Which school of medical science?
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by bizzibodi(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
The average Tiv men are greedy,selfish,unaccomodatingand warmongering in nature,they can't live together with any other tribes,the only tribe that can overmatch then with the same attribute is the Fulani.
Re: 2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:
[/s]

Your useless illiterate parents did not take you to school Abi, Are you Igbo to know those that are Igbos and not? Get lost slave for life. From Some tiny part in Edo to Rivers, we are all Igbos.

fool and bombastic idiot... Stop claiming people by force and writing rubbish of igbos having voting strength by the way you are worse than a slave and illiterate animal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Need More Pantamis In Power: Sheikh Gumi / Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / "Trump Wants To Divide Nigeria" - MSSN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.