Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

How To Write A CV For The Nigerian Job Market - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write A CV For The Nigerian Job Market (271 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A CV For The Nigerian Job Market by ReventifyCV: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
It is often the case, especially for young jobseekers, to wonder what makes a good CV. What really do hiring managers really want? Is there a certain standard that passes the review and earns you an interview?

Well, the popular opinion among coaches is that there is no standard structure that a CV must take. However, the problem with this opinion is that it could easily be misinterpreted to mean that any format is acceptable for a CV. That is wrong.

Two Most Popular CV Formats
The chronological format
The functional format

CV Sample Sections
This CV contains the basic sections every CV should have. Like I said earlier, these sections do not represent a rigid structure you must follow. Feel free to add other sections that may be relevant for a different job. To view samples of each section kindly visit https://reventify.com/how-to-write-a-cv-for-the-nigerian-job-market/

1. Personal Information
2. Education And Qualifications
3. Work Experience
4. Interests And Achievements
5. Skills

There you have it. CV writing is a skill that anyone can learn and increase their chances of getting a job. Over the years, i’ve been able to get 1 out of every 4 company i’ve applied to reach out to me for an interview. A disclaimer is that whilst the CV helped greatly, it was not the only activity that got me a leg into the company. Each job comes with its peculiarities which automatically make the requirements of the CV different.

However, if you are struggling to write a perfect CV, it’s time to join the reventify bandwagon and let’s help you increase your chances of landing your dream job in Nigeria and abroad.

(1) (Reply)

Station Supervisor / Apply: Freelance Copy Editor At TOP / Work From Home - Remote - Chat Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.