Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy (289 Views)

Tinubu: I Will Run A Private Sector-Driven Economy / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy by tollyboy5(m): 8:02am On Apr 20, 2022
I'm very surprised at a tread talking on osinbajo achievement in driving the Nigeria tech space.

This is a issue I've always conplained about in Nigeria. The technologist and the Nigeria scientist including our educational sector is actually suffering from neglection.

The tech industries should be our silicon valley not crude oil and other natural resources.
In recent years the numbers of Nigeria scientist and technologist are increasing tremendously, with our programmers getting jobs all over the world like the indians.

I do tell people anywhere you go in this tech space you must see indians and Nigeria. If we don't key into technology base economy other developed countries will come to mine our developers and scientist.

Even those ones that are not mined will struggle to leave this country and we'll be left with lesser brainers.

I was expecting a constructive argument from the thread on how government through the supervision of professor yemi osinbajo have improved Nigeria tech companies , attracting investors and bringing Microsoft and Facebook to invest in Nigeria tech space.

Nobody was saying anything apart from he was part of the present administration.
I'm not against campaigning for your candidate but at least with constructive argument let us counter the achievement in the said tread instead of bias argument

Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7086239/why-nigerian-youths-should-consider

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy by money121(m): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2022
ok
Re: Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy by SmartPolician: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2022
Nigerian government didn't attract those tech giants. The two factors that attract most tech companies to Nigeria are the large population (market) and the fast-growing local tech industry.

I don't know who advised Buhari to prioritize railways over electricity because that, in its entirety, is a very dumb decision. You need power to grow and sustain your economy.
Re: Nigerians Know Very Little About Technology Driven Economy by Jones4190(m): 8:18am On Apr 20, 2022
During our time, there was nothing like feeding bottle, they will hold your nose then you have to choose between death and akamu

(1) (Reply)

No Way For The Youths As APC Fixes Presidential Ticket At N100m / He Killed 500 Massob Members,now He Is Supporting Ipob… Obi The Man U Can't Dent / 2023 General Elections: Pdp’s Screening Committees And Screening Appeal Panels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.