Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus (27742 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Camp Excited As APC NEC Settles For Indirect Primary / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Btruth: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kestolove:
secrets ballot wia no one knows who you are voting
.....and consensus nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by We4all: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
Basheer22:

My father married my mother on credit.

Eya, no wonder you no get sense.
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Great2017: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
bigpicture001:

You can't beat tinubu at the indirect primary... He will hand delegates 1million dollars each
You mean Tinubu would spend at least 1.7 trillion naira just to win the primary election? Your must be joking.
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by PrinceOfLagos: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

Finally ignorant clowns like truthisunique, PrinceofLagos and their numerous politically ignorant co-travellers can now go and rest in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

I laugh grin

Even Tinubu will not be comfortable with this indirect primaries because anything can happen...

Tinubu wanted direct primaries but Buhari is forcing indirect primaries, Tinubu and his camp should be worried ..

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
Emekaonline:

You mean the same way they will chop Atiku's money and not vote for him? Just keep deceiving yourself. Atiku used dollars to bribe you people in 2018. You will be shocked again and again

Wike na d consensus candidate for PDP. For where u see Atiku dey campaign. Local man know sey him no get any chance. Na why him no dey release any dollars dis time. Na just small cruise him dey catch until film finish. Money no dey win election. If na so, dangote and otedola go dey run Aso rock. Na cabal for d place na ein dey decide who go win any election. Tinubu don too use amala and gbegiri confuse orna
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by AntonVince: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
donphilopus:
Some people who ordinarily should be in the romance, sexuality or celebrity section would be here discussing and analyzing politics. It's so unfortunate!

Most people have been schooling them on how the primaries would go, but they've been depending on a non-existent "anointing". cheesy

Now that the President and NEC have given the NWC the go-ahead to do whatever they like, this indirect primary method for electing the Presidential candidate has come to stay and all the aspirants must go to the field to test their popularity.

And we all know that if APC conduct their primaries ten times, Tinubu would emerge as the Presidential candidate of the party ten times on a Wednesday afternoon (according to that weed smoker from my state). grin

So unfortunate some people are gonna wail till 2032.

Nobody can defeat whoever the president endorses for the primaries...regardless of the mode adopted.
...unless the president has no preference.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by PrinceOfLagos: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
Great2017:

You mean Tinubu would spend at least 1.7 trillion naira just to win the primary election? Your must be joking.
You dey quote drunks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Ultimas: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
Good. They can't settile for anything less. Let all the candidates test their popularity. No preferential treatment.

3 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by sogodihno: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
[s][/s]That is to say that tinubu's agenda of direct primaries which he tried to force down the throats of all using his stooges in the NA has been jettisoned in favour of indirect .

Watch out for Chibuike Amaechi. The man has weight[s][/s].

Thrash and balderdash.

The only thing that can work against Tinubu is consensus candidate, but since that has been ruled out now, whether Direct or indirect primary, Tinubu will clear everything

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Basheer22: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
We4all:

Eya, no wonder my papa no get sense go marry animal way be my mama.

Your life don spoil finish

1 Like

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Kestolove(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
Btruth:
.....and consensus nko?
. A system wia dey collectively agree on a particular candidate amongst the candidates.. In this situation election will not be held again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by AKAyomide(m): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kestolove:
secrets ballot wia no one knows who you are voting
Why are you misleading the person. Indirect primary election or indirect election is the type of election whereby statutory delegate will elect a candidate on behalf of others. It's known as divine delegate method. Basically practice in America to elect thier president through electoral college.

3 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
sogodihno:

Thrash and balderdash.

The only thing that can work against Tinubu is consensus candidate, but since that has been ruled out now, whether Direct or indirect primary, Tinubu will clear everything

So Gbajabiamila and co dey play den. D problem be sey orna no know orna enemy. And sense orna no get
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by seunmsg(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:
your handlers would soon digest the document given to them and send you the memo

Spoiler alert, there is no election appeal that exist for the presidential race (even with 20 aspirants that would have difference in opinion on the election conduct)

What that means is APC is not envisaging any election and hoping for complete consesus which is the only option without need for appeal.

Check your APC consitution no party election can go on without an election appeal to go with it.

So if I were you I would be very worried because APC have fixed 3days for the supposed "special convention" which is unheld of, a gimmick of three days to pacify all fractions on consesus been the only option since election appeal can no longer be meant by law

Your delusion na follow come but then, you’ve a right to be deluded. Keep it up!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by jaxxy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
seunmsg:
Good morning Truthisunique2 grin grin grin

Let me guess your next argument; Buhari has an undisclosed plan to overrule NEC and present Amaechi as consensus candidate, right?

Same thing they said for chairman and we know how it ended. grin

On consensus we Stand. grin

when u want to catch a monkey u must give it banana. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Truthisunique2: 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Orna too dull. See how cabal don use orna head wipe ground. Orna tink say orna smart. Tinubu boys go put in that yeye direct primaries inside that act. Buhari no shout. Dem just use consensus option Bully orna back to indirect primaries. Now all the delegates go chop bullion van money clean mouth, den con go vote for consensus candidate. Make orna go find anoda work, orna no gree.

Dem say direct primaries, orna shout up Tinubu

Dem say consensus, orna still shout up Tinubu

Now dem con go back to indirect primaries. Orna still dey shout up Tinubu

Wait, orna go receive sense, by fire or by force
go look the timetable of APC, while dem dey talk primaries for mouth, Na consesus be the reality that day

Dem no arrange presidential election in the same section with the other elections, dem call am "special convention" for three days

Which kind election you wan organise for three whole days?

APC dey actually give Buhari the opportunity to bring all the aspirants together and dialogue till they agree for 3 days

If you observe APC no put election appeal for that presidential election

By law for every primaries conducted election appeal suppose dey by the party to address the grievance of those when feel cheated

You no fit say you organise primaries without election appeal, court go cancel such party election

Appeal dey for gov,senate,rep Na only president dem no put am, some never see the game yet

By the time buhari go dey deal with those aspirants for three days, e go say shebi una know say we gat conclude on a solution before 1st and we can't do election because appeal committee no dey

Dem all gat agree for consesus if not APC no go see candidate present cos Na one chance, they can't do election again because appeal committee suppose dey
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Btruth: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kestolove:
. A system wia dey collectively agree on a particular candidate amongst the candidates.. In this situation election will not be held again
thank you. I think I'll prefer the indirect primary thing then. Let the game be fair to everyone contesting. smiley

1 Like

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by AntonVince: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
Great2017:

Trust me he'll do that if need be; such is the level of his desperation.
...and he definitely has the (stolen) resources to do that.

1 Like

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by truthfinder319: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
Why are you just a case. The party told you what they will do, you are here spewing conspiracy theories.

quote author=Truthisunique2 post=112118216]your handlers would soon digest the document given to them and send you the memo

Spoiler alert, there is no election appeal that exist for the presidential race (even with 20 aspirants that would have difference in opinion on the election conduct)

What that means is APC is not envisaging any election and hoping for complete consesus which is the only option without need for appeal.

Check your APC consitution no party election can go on without an election appeal to go with it.

So if I were you I would be very worried because APC have fixed 3days for the supposed "special convention" which is unheld of, a gimmick of three days to pacify all fractions on consesus been the only option since election appeal can no longer be meant by law

[/quote]
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I laugh grin

Even Tinubu will not be comfortable with this indirect primaries because anything can happen...

Tinubu wanted direct primaries but Buhari is forcing indirect primaries, Tinubu and his camp should be worried ..

Direct primaries, dem shout up tinubu

Consensus, dem still shout up Tinubu

Now, NEC don say na indirect, dem still shout up Tinubu again

On dat may 31, wen dem choose Amaechi or anoda igbo man, dem go still shout up Tinubu

Dis people no care about Tinubu at all. Na jus cruise dem dey catch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by alizma: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
The battle for APC ticket is between Osibanjo, Yahaya Bello and Wike. Umahi is less popular on this agenda, Osibanjo has already replaced Tinubu, Nigerians need someone agile
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by We4all: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Basheer22:

My life don spoil finish. I be patient for Yaba Left.

No wonder.
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by sogodihno: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
obynzo:
If truly it is indirect primaries i forsee Amaechi clinching the ticket. He is the only person right now that can outspend more than Tinubu to convince the voting delegates. If direct primaries was introduced Tinubu would have stood a chance but Indirect primaries forget it, Tinubu is out of the game. It is Amaechi that has the ticket

Amaechi will outspend Tinubu? grin grin

You must be ibo, you guys know nothing about politics, even Atiku can't outspend Tinubu

11 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by 001spice: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
nice. Tinubu still stands a chance cos he has lots of admirers in Kano and SW
Wat do u even knw bout tinubu. Can u point out one aspect in him that makes u think he will be a good leader.
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by sogodihno: 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

So Gbajabiamila and co dey play den. D problem be sey orna no know orna enemy. And sense orna no get

Stop convulsing, may 30 is here

3 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by ken045501: 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
he's the president of your family and entire generation..
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Great2017: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
AntonVince:

Trust me he'll do that if need be; such is the level of his desperation.
...and he definitely has the (stolen) resources to do that.
I don't think so no matter how desperate he may seem to be. 1.7 trillion naira is about 10% of Nigeria's 2022 budget.
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Kestolove(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
Btruth:
thank you. I think I'll prefer the indirect primary thing then. Let the game be fair to everyone contesting. smiley
that's wia everybody will go nd sample his/her popularity

3 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Gozac: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
What ever mode they use PMB who's the leader of APC in north. and Nigeria in general will always determine who emerges as the flag bearer.
Take it to the banks
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by snoopz: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Before the indirect, make Dem organise small debate make we see something

1 Like

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Truthisunique2: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
seunmsg:

Your delusion na follow come but then, you’ve a right to be deluded. Keep it up!
I just gave you the practical reality and you couldn't fault it

Please how do you organise a primary election without an appeal committee which is present for senate,gov,etc and delibrately omitted in president?

This is a recipe for litigation, how do the unsatisfied about the election air their displeasure when the APC constitution in itself stipulated appeal committee to go with every primaries?

Perphas you can answer how you think you want to scale through this

Or perphas you can accept the reality that Buhari have just carefully set you people up for a consensus, by the time you realise what is happening on the 30th-1st june "special convention" buhari would make you understand an election can't be conducted because an election appeal team wasn't constituted

You would have no choice than to use the only alternate way which can produce a presidential candidate on the next day deadline without the goof of election appeal platform
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by tinsel: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Truthisunique2:
your handlers would soon digest the document given to them and send you the memo

After consensus was thrashed, you have switched over to this one? There must be something to hold on to abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Wins All The Senatorial Seats In Oyo - PM News / Voters Registration: My Experience In Kano (photos) / What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.