Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Mobile Phone Theft Feature: How To Use It In Nigeria, Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Phone Theft Feature: How To Use It In Nigeria, Anyone? (998 Views)

Whatsapp Has A Hidden New Feature And Here's How To Use It / How Can I Detect Private Number When Some1 Use It To Flash Me.pls Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Theft Feature: How To Use It In Nigeria, Anyone? by ponana(m): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2011
I bought a Lg phone two months ago and while playing around with the phone,i discovered an anti theft feature which i activated.It requires a phone number for activation, so i used my mom's number. The phone got stolen 2 weeks after i purchased it.While i was with my mom yesterday,she received a text msg on her phone and she showed it to me that she has being receiveing it for a while.On checking it,i discovered that it contained the IMEI number of my stolen phone and its says something like "this IMEI number is being used for Airtel N50". The mobile number sending the msg is airtel and it was not going through when i tried it. IS THERE A WAY SUCH A DEVICE CAN BE TRACKED DOWN IN NIGERIA, or SHOULD WE JUST ADVISE GADGETS PRODUCERS TO STOP INCLUDING ANTI THEFT FEATURES FOR NIGERIA BOUND PRODUCTS?
Re: Mobile Phone Theft Feature: How To Use It In Nigeria, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2011
since theres an LG office here in Nigeria why dont you go there with the messages and i believe they will put you through on how to lock/wipe/locate the fone

on my own phone (an android device) i installed NETQIN app and with it i can send codes through text message to the phone to either remote lock/wipe/locate/turn on alarm on it. . . . so it depends on how your LG fone was configured for d anti theft thingy
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Need An App For Creating Themes For Nokia S40 Fone / Starcomms, Multilinks And MTS In N32 Billion Merger / b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.