Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. (634 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2022
sadsad..NOT only does hitting kids do little good; it can worsen their behaviour. "children who experience repeated use of corporal punishment tend develop more aggressive behaviours,increased aggression in school,and an increased risk of mental health disorders and cognitive problems..
i drop pen..

1 Share

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Felimax(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Story that touch!
Flogging or beating a child has it's Pros and Cons.

You beat to imbibe moral not just for beating sake. It shapes them to what the parents want of their children. There comes a time your beating will not make sense again.

At 8 -10 years children should be at the peak of discipline. After 10 real mentorship start.

2 Likes

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
Story that touch!

You beat to imbibe moral not just for beating sake. It shapes them to what the parents want of their children. There comes a
..hmm..thats why they keep deporting we nigerians from foreign country..chaiii..see african mentality...beating is the solution right..go flog pikin for usa now..your 5 years in jail is sure..
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by FuckDModz: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
“Childrens”?? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Felimax(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
Currentblog:
..hmm..thats why they keep deporting we nigerians from foreign country..chaiii..see african mentality...beating is the solution right..go flog pikin for usa now..your 5 years in jail is sure..

USA should come and arrest me in my house na. USA that has lost all morals, God forbid I raise my kids there.

I am purposely a father not an opportunistic father. I know what I want for my kids and at this stage I am very proud of them.

In my family we are 8 kids, four boys and four girls all doing well because of the way we were raised. All practicing Catholics, which is a must to even our in-laws.
No unwanted pregnancy, no baby outside wedlock, no smokers but we all drink socially. My parents did a good job on us and I am very proud of them

3 Likes

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:

USA should come and arrest me in my house na. USA that has lost all morals, God forbid I raise my kids there.

I am purposely a father not an opportunistic father. I know what I want for my kids and at this stage I am very proud of them.

In my family we are 8 kids, four boys and four girls all doing well because of the way we were raised. All practicing Catholics, which is a must to even our in-laws.
No unwanted pregnancy, no baby outside wedlock, no smokers but we all drink socially. My parents did a good job on us and I am very proud of them
..wow..what an achievement..clap for yourself..dont only beat your childdren ooo,infact kill..them..
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Felimax(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Currentblog:
..wow..what an achievement..clap for yourself..dont only beat your childdren ooo,infact kill..them..

Na your own go die of beating, back to sender in Jesus name!
Don't mold them so you start running up and down shouting people are raping your daughter whereas it's your daughter that is raping people. I pity you.

My kids as small as they are listens to me in most cases I don't even need to beat.

I have no regrets the parents God gave me likewise my children will have no regrets having me as their father.

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
Story that touch!

You beat to imbibe moral not just for beating sake. It shapes them to what the parents want of their children. There comes a time your beating will not make sense again.

At 8 -10 years children should be at the peak of discipline. After 10 real mentorship start.
Mentorship should start as soon as child is born. As for flogging to imbibe morals, how do you explain the agbero kids out there who take to flogging themselves for fun even.. undecided
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by yuping(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
undecided make we all they pretend like say them no cane us for small.

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
yuping:
Dem cane others pass me, but not a single one of them turned out morally upright or better humans for it. So what does saying I was caned too really mean? . undecided

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by yuping(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Dem cane others pass me, but not a single one of them turned out morally upright or better humans for it. So what does saying I was caned too really mean? . undecided
it means no matter the method u are making use of a kid will still decide what to do when they are not around you, but make sure you caution them and you can say this is the path I choose for them but they still choose there own path.
I won't spare the Rod.
But what do you think is best??

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Mindlog: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
yuping:

It is not about pretense but it is about being reflective over the efficacy of flogging children as a means of instilling enduring values.
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
yuping:
it means no matter the method u are making use of a kid will still decide what to do when they are not around you, but make sure you caution them and you can say this is the path I choose for them but they still choose there own path.
I won't spare the Rod.
But what do you think is best??
From my experience, the rod doesn't work. We give it way too much credit than it deserves. undecided

And I say this because I have observed better behaved individuals more in touch with their human side in developed countries than I have in all of Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:

Na your own go die of beating, back to sender in Jesus name!
Don't mold them so you start running up and down shouting people are raping your daughter whereas it's your daughter that is raping people. I pity you.

My kids as small as they are listens to me in most cases I don't even need to beat.

I have no regrets the parents God gave me likewise my children will have no regrets having me as their father.
..i never born tho..but u as father of many nations..suit your self..bro..

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
OP...
There are different ways of inducing discipline in a child and using the cane is one of them undecided...

The problem with the average African parent is that, they think that flogging the child is the only way to induce discipline and thus they go overboard in their "administration" grin...

Either ways Sha....
I see nothing wrong in disciplining a child with the cane once in a while undecided...
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Favfables1:
OP...
There are different ways of inducing discipline in a child and using the cane is one of them undecided...

The problem with the average African parent is that, they think that flogging the child is the only way to induce discipline and thus they go overboard in their "administration" grin...

Either ways Sha....
I see nothing wrong in disciplining a child with the cane once in a while undecided...
..most senseable reply on this post so far..chop am bro..oil dey your head..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Currentblog:
sadsad..NOT only does hitting kids do little good; it can worsen their behaviour. "children who experience repeated use of corporal punishment tend develop more aggressive behaviours,increased aggression in school,and an increased risk of mental health disorders and cognitive problems..
i drop pen..

nothing wrong with corporal punishment...
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Felimax(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Currentblog:
..i never born tho..but u as father of many nations..suit your self..bro..

Oya continue with that mantra.
Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by simpleseyi: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Currentblog:
i drop pen..

No beating.

Just Igbaju
Igbarun
Ifoti
Igbati
Igbadi
Iladi
Iforun

1 Like

Re: IS It Ok For Parents To Flog Their Childrens. by Currentblog: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
simpleseyi:

No beating.
Just Igbaju Igbarun Ifoti Igbati Igbadi Iladi Iforun
..mr vaulence..welldone..

(1) (Reply)

Man Trends For Throwing Out Wife, 3 Kids At Night Following Argument (video) / Unlimited Movies In Your Pocket Without Paying For Monthly Subscription / Iphone XR For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.