Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders (3456 Views)

What Tinubu Told Us When He First Heard That Peter Obi Won In Lagos - Oyalowo / Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed / What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by favorite1234: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket
- Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders

Presidential hopeful, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has told leaders of thought in the northern part of the country that his South West Yoruba people will not mind a Muslim - Muslim ticket.

Addressing some elders of the North some days ago in Abuja at a secret meeting arranged by his long time friend Senator Abu Ibrahim Tinubu said they should leave the task of convincing the Yoruba to him if selected by his APC party to carry the banner of the party in the 2023 elections.

The issue of who will be his running mate according to our sources became a major issue. They told him flatly they will not accept a Christian northerner to be his running mate .

He was said to have promised to pick a Northwest politician who will be a Muslim. It was then a prominent politician and former governor asked him how that will be taken in the South.

Tinubu, said our sources , told his guests the South East and South South who are largely Christians will not matter. It is the South West, he was quoted to have said , that could raise issues but he will manage that and they will not mind.

Tinubu , at the meeting was said to have argued that the vote of the North West, North East , some largely Muslim states in the North Central as well as South West were enough to make him President.

“ All I need is your support,” he was quoted as having said. “ Leave the rest to me, I will handle it.” His guests were said not to have been convinced by his assurance as no regime in the country since independence has governed with both head and deputy as Muslims.

It is believed that come February , the party APC , under which he want to seek the office is most certain to pick a Muslim Chairman from the North Central part of the country. Aspirants for this position are already emerging from Niger , Kwara and Nasarawa states . These candidates are all Muslims . If Tinubu therefore emerges as APC candidate
and picks a Muslim candidate from the North West it means all of the important positions in the party are held by Muslims to the exclusion of the Christian.

Part of the argument of the pro -Tinubu elements is that this has happened before when the late billionaire Muslim Aare Moshood Abiola selected Alhaji Babagana Kingibe as his running mate . One of the northern leaders present at the meeting said ,while this is true, that time is different from now. There are all manners of tensions in the land and the security of the nation is fragile.

If anybody does that now it will be like deliberately setting the country on fire. “ The IPOB issue is still raging in the South East, young elements are restless in the SW and calling for Oodua Republic, banditry , Boko Haram and ISWAP insurgency has enveloped the North. Why would anyone want to add religious crisis to it”, he asked.

“Only a non patriot will experiment with this. I told him my mind. This will not work. Let him accept this or not but I won’t be part of the effort to set Nigeria on fire”, he added.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by favorite1234: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is just a means to set the country on fire, with this current situation on the Nigeria, we should not allow selfish interest to worsen the matter and we may end in war if care is not taken.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by alsudan: 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
That Thiefnibu is the only Muslim to have declared so far in APC, says a lot about the kind of person he is.

After 8 years of a Muslim President, this thief is not only angling for a Muslim to take over, but he’s pushing for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

A Christian President in 2023 or nothing.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by triple996(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
CAN go vex woo grin
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by SisterFire(f): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
Cleverness isnt wisdom ,but a simple fool's type of wisdom

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Echile(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
Well

We are not surprised with the statement from the CEO of the Unite beggers

las las, them go retire you soonest

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Throwback: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Very true.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Throwback: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
triple996:
CAN go vex woo grin

Is CAN same as Yoruba?

Besides representation, what was the benefit to CAN that a pastor was vice to a Muslim President?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by helinues: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Tinubu can't be that reckless

Source or this na another Bunkum

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Tenshades(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Shey una dey hear this frog mouthed creature.

63 Likes 605 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by West1side: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
I tot setting the country on fire was what you Igbos wanted so you can have your Biafra. I am a Christian n will vote Tinubu Muslim Muslim candidate like my father did n will also teach my children not yo be bigots like your miserable foolish wretched souls.

favorite1234:
This is just a means to set the country on fire, with this current situation on the Nigeria, we should not allow selfish interest to worsen the matter and we may end in war if care is not taken.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Throwback: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
helinues:

What is reckless in saying the obvious that Yorubas would not mind a Muslim - Muslim ticket?

Is a Yoruba being the head of that ticket not enough for Yorubas?

Or is the religion of the vice who would not be Yoruba be more important to Yorubas?

Other Southerners might mind, but Tinubu is perfectly right that Yorubas would not mind having a potential Yoruba President with a Muslim deputy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Is he mad?

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Amunethseranu(f): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
helinues:

...tinubu is daring the igbos honestly. He is pouring more fuel to the fire burning between south's and better souths...I pity his soul

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by LegendHero(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brb when I see the source.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Unzerious: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Plans revealed. This Man is Delusional, What Arrogance.
#Meffy2023

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by RuggedBiafran: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
See them...the HIJAB wearing miscreants ....see their train of thought. ...and Osibanjo supporters will open their mouths and be insulting the people that make their churches prosperous??

YMM members and their MURIC affiliates will be the undoing of Afonjaland...spits!!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by helinues: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Throwback:

What is reckless in saying the obvious that Yorubas would not mind a Muslim - Muslim ticket?

And which of the Yoruba's?

The one in Brazil?
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Amunethseranu(f): 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
LegendHero:
F
...all u will type is hate against igbos nothing more , remember future.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by helinues: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Amunethseranu:
...tinubu is daring the igbos honestly. He is pouring more fuel to the fire burning between south's and better souths...I pity his soul

And for a thread with no single source you don swallow like this?

Toh
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Christistruth00: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Source
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by helinues: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
RuggedBiafran:
See them...the HIJAB wearing miscreants ....see their train of thought. ...and Osibanjo supporters will open their mouths and be insulting the people that make their churches prosperous??

YMM members and their MURIC affiliates will be the undoing of Afonjaland...spits!!

Mr snail, continue spitting

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Amunethseranu(f): 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
RuggedBiafran:

Run News
...Ymm Ymm wants to crumble the south psychologically what advice do u have for them Sir?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by West1side: 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Let igbos go ahead n do their worse. I rather Tinubu lose for daring Igbos than winning while taking them into consideration but all that happens to be his call, either way I tanda with am gidigba. Left to me u jews from hell can rot in the deepest part of hell fire for all I care.

Amunethseranu:

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Throwback: 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
helinues:

And which of the Yoruba's?

The one in Brazil?

Minding the religion of the deputy cannot be the preoccupation of the tribe that has already produced the principal of the joint ticket.

That is a concern of others, not for the tribe of the principal.

If the news was that Southerners will not mind, then that would be a reckless statement.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Racoon(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
shocked
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by richiemcgold: 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
it seems this is an old news because I read someone referring to February in the report.
..the news has no verifible source too.
but whichever way it is, those who are against Muslim-Muslim ticket in the southwest are far more than those supporting it.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by helinues: 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Throwback:

Minding the religion of the deputy cannot be the preoccupation of the tribe that has already produced the principal of the joint ticket.

That is a concern of others, not for the tribe of the principal.

If the news was that Southerners will not mind, then that would be a reckless statement.

You should know that this kind of inhouse argument, I no dey dey interested.

Make I quickly waka

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Amunethseranu(f): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
West1side:
Let igbos go ahead n do their worse. I rather Tinubu lose for daring Igbos than winning while taking them into consideration but all that happens to be his call, either way I tanda with am gidigba. Left to me u jews from hell can rot in the deepest part of hell fire for all I care.

...and you forgetting the effects in future . Be wise and allow peace reign cos fulanis has plans already for u all and it's obvious u Yorubas will be caught unawares.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by LegendHero(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Amunethseranu:
...all u will type is hate against igbos nothing more , remember future.

I heard there is no word “Love” in Ibo dictionary, is that true?

If the above is true, then why should I type love to the Ibos when they only have “hate” in their dictionary?

Lastly, I haven’t even typed and yet you’ve had this bias against me.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by RuggedBiafran: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Its the SW alone...They should kill themselves for all i care...Good riddance to rubbish-rubbish...spits

Amunethseranu:
Run News
...Ymm Ymm wants to crumble the south psychologically what advice do u have for them Sir?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders by Amunethseranu(f): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
LegendHero:

I heard there is no word “Love” in Ibo dictionary, is that true?

If the above is true, then why should I type love to the Ibos when they only have “hate” in their dictionary?

Lastly, I haven’t even typed and yet you’ve had this bias against me.
...you first looked for trouble by betraying the south in 2015 ,
Listen effects of buhari u supported will kill 50% of humans breathing in Nigeria now , fulanis u annexed on south has huge plans for u and u never minded . Gateway of vosod is open for fulanis to invade u like the Jews to the Arab world.
Apologize to igbos and stop fulanis u brought.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get To Aso Rock Without Being Initiated Into The Occult? / David Hundeyin Finally Has Agbado In His Pocket. / El Rufai Says Buhari Is Perpetually Unelectable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.