Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! (26759 Views)

How Do Nigerian Bailiffs Evict Stubborn Tenants After Court Judgment / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Mamijoh(f): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
Go with the intention that, you want to renovate the house and remove the roof.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by kwasoly(m): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
Location of property: Abuja.

Start renovation of the roof
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by harsysky(m): 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed

Sometimes court matter can slow...

But we nor actually know the truth...

Because there are three sides to a story
1) the complaint version
2) the accused
3) the true story
Because person nor go fit just get mind like that they stress you untop your own house

God bless you, brother. I, myself, am a kind of person who do not always have the intention to do something of this nature to a landlord. Infact, I would prefer they are the ones to do me bad instead of me being the villain.

Before I packed into the house I'm now, the lawyer who takes care of the house promised to offset the outstanding bill on it but got the money and to no avail. Now, also, rent has been increased but nothing has been said on the sixty plus thousand outstanding. If I turn to a bad person tomorrow because of this, people will blame me instead of looking at what initially caused the issue. I have been paying the gbese small as it is now on my prepaid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SmileDance(f): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Classyuniquebae:

Write an official quite notice and serve him . State your reasons for the quit notice as follow...1. failure to pay rent 2. Personal use of the house . Give him 3 months cuz he has already exhausted his 6 months free rent for an annual rent in the case of quit notice and then go on to pull the roof of he doesn't pack . He should take you to court.....
he doesn't even pay anually, he pays every six months, dó i still need to give him 3 months?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by BabaIbo: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
First of all, are you sure your lawyer does not have a hand in this?
Are you sure your lawyer has not something dishonest that warranted such attitude from the tenant?
Have you spoken with the guy yourself to know if there is anything you need to know or are you just going with your lawyers report i.e whatever your lawyer says?

If your lawyer has a hand in it, then sort it out amicably and make sure the issue leading to it is resolved.
But, if the tenant is doing that out of wickedness then the easiest way is to serve him quit notice, siting you want to renovate the place or give another reason to back it up.

After the notice is due, start removing the roof on his own part of the house.

Or arrange with a trusted person and act as if the house has been sold, let that one serve all of them quit notice, you can now decide on which tenant to keep or discard.

Dem no dey tell person, na him by himself go carry himself comot.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by zolajpower: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Please I needed help to evict a stubborn tenant. After I left the country and handed over my property to a lawyer, a tenant has refused paying his rent for almost two years without reason. The matter has been in court for almost two years without success. The court keeps adjourning the case. The tenant refusal to pay the rent has pushed other tenant to start owing too. Please kindly suggest the best way out of this situation.
The best way his plan with someone that you have sold the house and then let the person give them 3 months to quit they will all quit at the stipulated time.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by LyfeJennings(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

U be mumu man
Person wey U suppose beat commot house
Arrange army and police
Tell them U gave him the place to stay cos he was homeless and U didn't collect a dime from him
Pay a false witness 20k
Pay police 20k
Pay Army 20k
I swear to God U go even win in court
Be a man
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by SmileDance(f): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Rubbiish:

U already made a mistake!
U should have served him quit notice since December when u knew u had intention to use it for personal use. Please consult a lawyer to guide u on the best approach to take. Promise of mere words are not valid in law, everything should be documented! Consult a lawyer!
she already made mistake truly, someone said she should paste and eviction notice, back date and take a picture of it

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
I was advised not to do that because of the legal implication
Which legal implication undecided
By the time they Rob him 3 times in a week nobody go tell am b4 he run comot

This country is getting funny I swr I can't imagine somebody on my property and I ask him to leave he's refusing to leave shocked
There are many ways to kill a rat in a calabash without breaking the calabash cheesy

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Steppinrazor(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
go remove the roof , tear down some part of the building wen rain start dey beat d werey he go pack comot , na wetin obaseki do for Benin
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by izubext007: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Call juju man
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by ccollins(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sniper04:

No carry this matter go court na strategy he dey use, before court case go finish he go still dey your house dey enjoy. Organize guys wey go beat am comot
illegal, criminal and unsolicited advice. Court remains the option to settle disputes
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Bullet01(f): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
Simple case. You have to options to chase them out.

Option One- Organise somebody to carry a lawyer there and put for sale on the said property. After some time let somebody go and give them another quit notice that he is the new owner of the property.

Option Two - Remove the roof of the house. Tell them you want to renovate the property.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Nauttyprof(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Withdraw the case from court and take it to justice court in Lagos. You will receive quick judgement and it is binding.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Ifakiland(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
You don't call a mad man "sir" he will still be mad....you use mad to attack madness.....gather aboki boys, give them 20k....make dem throwa all him properties outside....use padlock lock your house.....side note....also evict all existing tenants and get new ones....you can't be gentle in Nigeria oh....you have to be a werey to survive oh
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by tonididdy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
koning:

You don talk now, e sweet you for mouth. It's not as simple as you think. The landlord will still be required to give the tenant ample time to find another suitable accommodation. Na that "suitable" clause a wicked tenant go take finish landlord. He will always claim that he is still searching and the courts will keep extending the deadline.
If landlord is not careful, tenant will stay another 2 years rent free. Removing doors, windows or roof is the worst thing the landlord will do.
So you a family man will leave in an "uncompleted building " ? undecided
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
kingthreat:
I have a strategy, but it will cost you. Your lawyer is lenient
Go there by yourself tell him, you are renovating the house for a new tenant and renovation work start in the next week.
On the next week, get work boys to remove the windows and doors on the first day. On the next 2 days, come with a whole crew. Carry cement and all. Every landlord has a right to renovate their property.
I am currently abroad. When I was around, tenant don't owe upto a month but since I left, it has been a terrible experience.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Ay04z(m): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
PossibleG:
Remove the roof
grin baba just do dis ...
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
IgweBUIKE1:
But wait is everything okay in the house ...like the basic amenities,like water and light...if so ..remove the roof
the tenant house is in good condition, there is water and light. It all started immediately I left Nija and he sent a fake rent payment receipt which I never received payment. After much disturbance from I and my caretaker, he paid later that year. After then, he has refused paying.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Danybest:
The best way to evaluate the useless tenant is to remove the zinc of his apartment let rain spoil his property's tell him you want to renovate the place na so port harcourt landlords they handle any stubborn tenants
it would be difficult for me since I am not around
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Born2Breed(f): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:

First, change your lawyer.

Secondly, use gragra as if not be you dey use the gragra.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
FutureFocus:
Engage debt recovery people also, as they are evicting him , the debt recovery team will also move in to seize his things, better if he own a car, they will impound his properties to recover part of the rent at the end of the case, let him relax and think he’s enjoying free accommodation
do you have their contact in Abuja?
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
Born2Breed:

First change your lawyer.
changing lawyer wouldn't be easy for me since I am not around and transferring legal files wouldn't be easily too
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
bmdmix11:
did u increase ur rent @ any point? N how many times did u do it or whats d increment amount
. Rent wasn't increased and has never been increased
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
the tenant house is in good condition, there is water and light. It all started immediately I left Nija and he sent a fake rent payment receipt which I never received payment. After much disturbance from I and my caretaker, he paid later that year. After then, he has refused paying.
remove the roof with the intent of renovation
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
rickleye:

2 years and we wonder why the country is in the bad way and in addition no reason.
How does the dude sleep at night ? Wow.
Dude, Pardon my french but damn !!! Unless the court is going to deduct the rent at source from his salary.
Pay and get the police to evict the dude. Like yesterday. Unless he pays arrears , plus cost you paid to police.
I spent money doing that, but was advised by the police to go to court and get him evicted.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by NijaDueprocess: 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
kingthreat:
I have a strategy, but it will cost you. Your lawyer is lenient
Go there by yourself tell him, you are renovating the house for a new tenant and renovation work start in the next week.
On the next week, get work boys to remove the windows and doors on the first day. On the next 2 days, come with a whole crew. Carry cement and all. Every landlord has a right to renovate their property.
I wish I am around to do that, but unfortunately I am not. It is a bit difficult for someone to execute that on my behalf.
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Rosulala(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Let me think
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Sniper04(m): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
ccollins:
illegal, criminal and unsolicited advice. Court remains the option to settle disputes
Violence does it faster
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Kimiso(m): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
use (oro) chase em commot your house if you be yoruba man
Re: Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! by Akwu001(m): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
I was advised not to do that because of the legal implication

Serve him a notice of rehabilitation. After that, bring Carpenters to remove the roof over his apartment...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House / Common Building Defects In Nigeria | Vis Ideal Concept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.