Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi (5931 Views)

Tinubu: Lagos Should Not Only Pray For My Ambition, But Also For Peace / 2023 Presidency: I'll Declare My Ambition In April - Ngige / 2023: I have Informed Buhari Of My Ambition - Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Former governor of Anambra State and presidential aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, has revealed that his presidential ambition is borne out of his interest in the younger generation of Nigerians and those yet unborn.

This, he said, propelled him to present himself for the task of leading the country by ensuring the current economic situation of the country, which holds no future for its children and generations yet unborn, is salvaged.

Obi stated these when he met with the delegates at the party’s State Secretariat in Umuahia, the Abia State capital on Thursday.

He advised the delegates to tread with caution on whom they are to choose as the party’s presidential candidate as their decision would be for the future interest of our children and those that are unborn.

The former governor said he became successful in life not by converting public funds but rather made his fortune through genuine private enterprise and dint of hard work.

He said, “I want to make Nigeria become productive and not be a consuming country, that is the message behind my aspiration.

“My delegates, the tomorrow begins today for our children. So, if you mortgage your conscience during the presidential primary, then you should know that you have mortgaged your children’s future.

“If they give you money collect but remember that any mistake you made by selling your conscience is placing your children in further bondage.”

In his remarks, the state PDP Chairman, Ashiforo Okere, commended the presidential aspirant for coming to identify with the delegates of the party.

“When you were talking, it was like exaltation or lecture, it never appeared to be a campaign, all you have said is already known to us, especially your performance during your tenure as governor”, he said

https://punchng.com/2023-my-ambition-driven-by-younger-generations-interest-says-obi/

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Penguin2: 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
The real man of the people.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by shigishege: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mr Pandora, the lie lie man grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by chatinent: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Singsong on da beat.

Nothing we no go hear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Honestly... Peter seems like the last beacon of hope.... Other aspirants may be good managers but are not really trained on wealth creation aside extreme taxation drive in an already depleted economy holding the mantle of world poverty and unemployment capital, Neither have they shown to have cut cost in governance in anywhere they have handled leadership.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Animegirl(f): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2022
I can never trust any politician in this life, sha. But, how is Peter Obi going to handle security, this is my major concern. I'm very sure if this man becomes president, banditry/terrorism and ipob issue will be on another level. Tbh, Peter obi is too weak to be Nigeria President.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Flamees(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2022
Esseite:
Honestly... Peter seems like the last beacon of hope.... Other aspirants may be good managers but are not really trained on wealth creation aside extreme taxation drive in an already depleted economy holding the mantle of world poverty and unemployment capital. Neither have they shown to have cut cost in governance in anywhere they have handled leadership.

1 Like

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Peppysco: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2022
DOA

1 Like

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by CSTRR: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2022
shigishege:
Mr Pandora, the lie lie man grin grin
Don't Continue this madness.

You are doing a disservice to your children.

At the end of the day, you will end up voting another charlatan that will perpetuate your status as a citizen of a failed state.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 22, 2022
ba7man:
We've seen Peter Obi in governance and Anambra is his effort.

I certainly don't wish Anambra level of development on my Country.

- You dont want a Governor that had over 2 years worth of FAAC allocation as savings yet met above and beyond expectation?

- A Governor that attained the best road network in Nigeria while owing no contractor despite meagre resources?

- A Governor the cut cost of Governance drastically rather than excessive tax drive on battered citizens?

- A Governor that was sued for savings for rainy days?

- A Governor that met 100% MDG goals?

- A Governor that despite 2 years of no schooling in his state, was able to revolutionize education from 25th to 1st??

What do you then want?
- 33m Unemployed youths
- 10m out of school children
- Dollar at N600
- $40bn debt and counting?
- Overbloated cost of governance?
- square pegs in round holes..

What do you actually want?

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by ba7man(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2022
We've seen Peter Obi in governance and Anambra is his effort.

I certainly don't wish Anambra level of development on my Country.

Anybody can gist about China.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Spizzy1: 6:31am On Apr 22, 2022
Yes, Obi has my vote if he gets the party ticket.

This time, we vote individuals and not the party.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by yinkeys(m): 6:32am On Apr 22, 2022
Esseite:
Honestly... Peter seems like the last beacon of hope.... Other aspirants may be good managers but are not really trained on wealth creation aside extreme taxation drive in an already depleted economy holding the mantle of world poverty and unemployment capital, Neither have they shown to have cut cost in governance in anywhere they have handled leadership.

The president is the Chief HR manager.
You don’t need to know everything
That job requires one to appoint the best hands that will get things done in addition to placing Performance Indicators and Time duration stamps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Nwaomaah: 6:32am On Apr 22, 2022
The sensible choice but like someone said somewhere, 95% of Nigerians are not mentally stable including myself.
So many people will vote for the wrong choice just to spite the Igbo
But whatever happens, we'll suffer or enjoy it together

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Maxymilliano(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2022
Ok but Please Mr Obi, you must be driven by vision not ambition. Take note ...

3 Likes

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by otipoju(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2022
Ill choose Peter Obi over all the rest.

Granted, no one is perfect! BUT to deliberately choose known shady characters who became and stay wealthy only by chronic stealing of public funds OVER a business man who knows how to create employment and is concerned about the welfare of the people is foolishness of the highest order.

If the bulk of Nigerians can be gainfully employed, 70 percent of our problems will dissapear.

The average Nigerian just wants to work hard, make enough money to take care of family and enjoy life in peace.

But our politicians just want to steal , steal and steal some more till they die. They never think about bettering the lives of Nigerians who they see as their subjects that they RULE over instead of fellow citizens whom they are meant to SERVE.

Choose your leaders wisely. Unless you are not tired of suffering.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Today007: 6:34am On Apr 22, 2022
Only good economic policies can get Nigerians out of poverty.
Free trade
Infrastructure
Manufacturer/regulatory flexibility

The truth is that Nigeria has the market and ability to be great.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Alaigbopress: 6:38am On Apr 22, 2022
Obi has the Capacity to deliver Nigeria from impending doom and explosion but as it may be Nigerians are one kind people. They Love Suffering and smiling so Obi will never be their choice.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2022
Excellent choice if Nigeria has sense. But we Nigerians are our own problems. See how the zombies on nairaland are going about supporting a well known fraud cos of 30k naira

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Patrickyemi: 6:46am On Apr 22, 2022
Lies sir

2 Likes

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by MrSly(m): 6:46am On Apr 22, 2022
Animegirl:

I can never trust any politician in this life, sha. But, how is Peter Obi going to handle security, this is my major concern. I'm very sure if this man becomes president, banditry/terrorism and ipob issue will be on another level. Tbh, Peter obi is too weak to be Nigeria President.
Buhari is a retired soldier but what difference has he made. What good record did he set better that good luck who is a civilian on security. Don't judge a product by it's label.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by ba7man(m): 6:49am On Apr 22, 2022
Esseite:

- You dont want a Governor that had over 2 years worth of FAAC allocation as savings yet met above and beyond expectation?

- A Governor that attained the best road network in Nigeria while owing no contractor despite meagre resources?

- A Governor the cut cost of Governance drastically rather than excessive tax drive on battered citizens?

- A Governor that was sued for savings for rainy days?

- A Governor that met 100% MDG goals?

- A Governor that despite 2 years of no schooling in his state, was able to revolutionize education from 25th to 1st??

What do you then want?
- 33m Unemployed youths
- 10m out of school children
- N40bn debt and counting?
- Overbloated cost of governance?
- square pegs in round holes..

What do you actually want?
I need a Leader who invests not save.

Meanwhile, the news is out that Peter Obi was owing contractors N 100 billion, while claiming he saved N75 billion ( It's that rubbish politicians do lodging state funds in banks to collect the interest rate he was doing and he's also a board member of that same Fidelity bank).

All these you've listed are mediocre achievements to make one hand over the largest black economy to a man.

He couldn't generate IGR, and he's busy saving...... More like he lacked ideas on what to invest in.

That hypocrisy of his talking about insecurity in the north while being totally blind and dumb to the insecurity in his own backyard is also a sign how cowardly his approach to insecurity is.

I see through Peter Obi, that's why he talks about China and dish out fake statistics and false information to divert attention from how truly empty he is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Naza25: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2022
Good man, the best candidate out there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Naza25: 6:54am On Apr 22, 2022
Animegirl:

What makes him too weak to be president? And please tell me the candidate you believe is strong enough to be president more than Obi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 22, 2022
ba7man:
I need a Leader who invests not save.

Meanwhile, the news is out that Peter Obi was owing contractors N 100 billion, while claiming he saved N75 billion ( It's that rubbish politicians do lodging state funds in banks to collect the interest rate he was doing and he's also a board member of that same Fidelity bank).

All these you've listed are mediocre achievements to make one hand over the largest black economy to a man.

He couldn't generate IGR, and he's busy saving...... More like he lacked ideas on what to invest in.

That hypocrisy of his talking about insecurity in the north while being totally blind and dumb to the insecurity in his own backyard is also a sign how cowardly his approach to insecurity is.

I see through Peter Obi, that's why he talks about China and dish out fake statistics and false information to divert attention from how truly empty he is.

If you are looking for a leader that invests and not considering peter Obi, then you have ulterior motives..

- Obi invested in State bonds, FG bonds, Private enterprise etc all in Anambra state name. While still saving and leaving no debt.

- Obi's investment of over $150m Anambra funds yielded interest of over 20% as at 2016.

- Excess IGR is extreme taxation, he rather worked on Governance cost and achieved his goal.

- As at the time he left office, you can attest the SE was the most peaceful region up untill the herdsmen and successionist saga..

Well, it obvious, you have nothing on him.. its good we had this intellectual conversation... you may be partisan, while being that.. think of your children. Good chat.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Yibo(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2022
Barawo

1 Like

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by dizon: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2022
Yes, man of the people, the best candidate for the youth of Nigeria. On Peter Obi's mandate I stand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by vibre: 6:58am On Apr 22, 2022
No need to talk much sir, you already have the votes of all well meaning and patriotic Nigerians.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Halifaxguy: 6:59am On Apr 22, 2022
This is the only man I can cast my vote. If Nigerians are serious minded people we should all rally behind this man. However, hatred against an igbo man will not allow some people to do the right thing. If una like make una vote old thief Tinubu as president is not my business cos I and my family members will not suffer with you urchins. We don't live in that shit hole with you Tinubu urchins. With the hunger and high cost of living many Nigerians suppose get sense now.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by shadeze: 7:00am On Apr 22, 2022
My candidate

5 Likes

Re: 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi by Sixthsense2021: 7:01am On Apr 22, 2022
Go Obi

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Airport Road Vs Toronto Airport Road: Pictures / Hoodlums Attack Council Headquarters In Ebonyi, Set Election Materials Ablaze / 30% Of Children In Northern Nigeria Are Street Beggars – Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.