Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape (400 Views)

South African Woman Confesses She Falsely Accused A Nigerian Man Of Rape (video) / The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) / Man Gets Accused Of Rape By Lady He Ignored For His Laptop (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape by princeemmma(m): 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
In the past few years in Nigeria, rape as been one of the fast spreading and unusual crime that we all have been hearing about, we all have been condemning and making hard comments over.

Recently, someone very close to me (sorry i can't tell the relationship i had with the person) was accused of rape, i have know this person for more than 25 years, i knew him to be a very good and easy person. I never believed he could rape someone. On the other hand, when the issue was brought up, it started with the community leaders, i defended him in every aspect, i was in between the accused guy and the parents of the said (raped) lady/girl, the guy was more than a friend. The parent of the lady was accusing me of defending the guy, and calling me a rapist too. I was trying to beg the parents of the lady, to calm down and lets settle this issue in a nice way without going to the police station or court. But the parent insist on going to court. The community leader had to abide by the parent decision.

THE EVIDENCE/CLAIM: The Community chairman said the lady (about 19years of age) and parents came to him late at night on 18th of April, 2022, around 8pm, with the girl (torn clothes and rough hair), she said the guy(about 30 years) raped her. She said her mom sent her to get something in the Market which is a bit far away from our community (because it is a new site). She said the guy met her on the way to the market and started talking about dating her, she ignored him, and walked pass him, she said the guy continue following her, she kept telling her to stop following her, but he did not listen. Until they get to a silent place, where he carried her into an uncompleted building before the act.

To me something is fishy about what the girl said, because i have not been given any chance to speak with this girl. And the parents her always going back and front just to keep anyone of asking the girl any question. But no matter what that little evidence can lead the guy to jail.

This days rape case is not taken slightly. And the case is going to court very soon. In our community, people have mark this guy and his family as rapist and criminals. Have been trying all my best to call some people to help in the issue, which people in the community see as a very bad thing to do. My wife thought i am going too far and was also seeing me differently over this same issue. But he never deserve to be jailed. What i felt was that not all rapist deserve to be jailed and not all accused rapist really committed the crime.

This are all my thought: What if the lady was not really raped, but beaten just because i know the girl to be a razor mouth. What if the parents want to just use what happened to punish the guy (because the guy has been having issue and quarrel with this girls parent severally which everyone in the community knows about).

As for me, i don't know how to go about it. Should i see him as a rapist? Should i continue defending him and try my best to help him out? Should i just let him go to jail just like that and forget about helping?

A friend needs your advice

Re: How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape by Dawn91(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
princeemmma:
In the past few years in Nigeria, rape as been one of the fast spreading and unusual crime that we all have been hearing about, we all have been condemning and making hard comments over.

Recently, someone very close to me (sorry i can't tell the relationship i had with the person) was accused of rape, i have know this person for more than 25 years, i knew him to be a very good and easy person. I never believed he could rape someone. On the other hand, when the issue was brought up, it started with the community leaders, i defended him in every aspect, i was in between the accused guy and the parents of the said (raped) lady/girl, the guy was more than a friend. The parent of the lady was accusing me of defending the guy, and calling me a rapist too. I was trying to beg the parents of the lady, to calm down and lets settle this issue in a nice way without going to the police station or court. But the parent insist on going to court. The community leader had to abide by the parent decision.

THE EVIDENCE/CLAIM: The Community chairman said the lady (about 19years of age) and parents came to him late at night on 18th of April, 2022, around 8pm, with the girl (torn clothes and rough hair), she said the guy(about 30 years) raped her. She said her mom sent her to get something in the Market which is a bit far away from our community (because it is a new site). She said the guy met her on the way to the market and started talking about dating her, she ignored him, and walked pass him, she said the guy continue following her, she kept telling her to stop following her, but he did not listen. Until they get to a silent place, where he carried her into an uncompleted building before the act.

To me something is fishy about what the girl said, because i have not been given any chance to speak with this girl. And the parents her always going back and front just to keep anyone of asking the girl any question. But no matter what that little evidence can lead the guy to jail.

This days rape case is not taken slightly. And the case is going to court very soon. In our community, people have mark this guy and his family as rapist and criminals. Have been trying all my best to call some people to help in the issue, which people in the community see as a very bad thing to do. My wife thought i am going too far and was also seeing me differently over this same issue. But he never deserve to be jailed. What i felt was that not all rapist deserve to be jailed and not all accused rapist really committed the crime.

This are all my thought: What if the lady was not really raped, but beaten just because i know the girl to be a razor mouth. What if the parents want to just use what happened to punish the guy (because the guy has been having issue and quarrel with this girls parent severally which everyone in the community knows about).

As for me, i don't know how to go about it. Should i see him as a rapist? Should i continue defending him and try my best to help him out? Should i just let him go to jail just like that and forget about helping?

A friend needs your advice
[/s]

This is not how to write fake posts.. learn from the snake mod, he is a master at creating fake relationship posts .

Trash

Re: How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape by zeuss: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
Do the right thing.... everyone is innocent until proven guilty.....alot of wicked people shout rape these days. Calmly investigate cos if u friend is innocent.
Re: How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape by dollynnn(f): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
"What i felt was that not all rapist deserve to be jailed and not all accused rapist really committed the crime"
Error
Re: How Should You React When Someone Close To You Is Accused Of Rape by NaijaGoBetter20: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Human beings can change

So, I trust only ME and myself

(1) (Reply)

Hunters And Forest Security Service Forcefully Shave Off Lady’s Dyed Hair Video / Deborah’s Last Words As She Pleaded For Mercy / Woman Caught Stealing Money Sprayed On The Celebrants At An Event | VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.