Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster (549 Views)

Step By Step Guide To Write Content Better And Faster / I Write Better, Let Me Write For You! / After These You Would Have Known How To Write Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Two pro steps to follow to write better and faster without having much to edit

marenx the Writer

Want to write better?

And faster too?

Listen...

I'm a full-time supporter of "planning before writing."

Which is like wearing trousers before wearing shoes.

If you have much time for yourself to edit unstructured and wayward draft, you don't have much troubles in writing industry.

I don't earn a dime writing because I give my good time to my primary and secondary sources of income. And the remaining time is left-over.

I have time to write but it isn't enough. There's time to edit but there's no first draft. I have to write better but writing better without planning is time consuming. I have to come up with smart strategies and that's where these "two working steps to write better and faster without having much to edit" comes in.

If I say you can write well fast like a meteor, I'm wrong but if I say you can be fast if you're dedicated, I'm right.

The following section, however, explains the strategies in details.

The two writing working steps (and I always follow them with passion) are:

Step 1: Have writing resources.

Mastering writing isn't accidental and writing resources mean samples, sentence format and transition strategy.

A sample means an example of what you want to write (copy writing, essay, article like this one, a short story, etc).

And a sentence format and transition strategies are what you collect from what you read.

Two sentence formats I use in this writing are:

1. The use of "yet" or "but" or in the middle of the sentence, eg:

Ada doesn't understand what her mum said, but she nods.

In room 32 an ear-piercing screech continues, yet none of us complains.

2. The use of "while" in the beginning of a sentence, eg:

While Ada spoils the flour, her mum goes to church.

The truth is effective sentence formats aren't hard to get if you're a reader (every writer must be a reader) but a transition strategy is something you continue learning till death.

Consider it as aging--something that never stops.

Transition strategies are two: the use of transition words such as first, however, moreover, while, etc and the use of logic determined by sentences, eg: topic sentence and parallelism.

The use of topic sentence helps you transit your readers from one paragraph to another while the use of parallelism helps you transit your reader from one sentence or item to another.

Parallelism means repetition of sentence format to construct an effective paragraph. A good example of parallelism is:

Omaha speaks to his mother. He speaks to his father. He cries again and again. He regrets why he didn't save his money in the bank.

It sounds interesting because I use the same sentence format (subject-verb).

Step 2: Build your writing on introduction.

Building on introduction means beginning your writing process with introduction using transition strategies.

Writing with this technique that presents prose as luscious dish served in a hunger season is fun.

An "easy to learn" example is:

I'm a teacher of languages and you know. Writing about speaking better isn't accidental here.

One of the main aims is to communicate respectfully and effectively. How?

You see "How" is just a question, yet it helps a reader smoothly transits to the next paragraph.

You may be tempted to scribe fluff when a faucet of words is turned on in your head. Resist the temptation and follow transition or else break this rule and start again.

It's bafling to slip through a tiny crack again.

Stephen Edwin King, popularly known as Stephen King, an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, crime, science-fiction, and fantasy novels, said:

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”

Thanks for reading. Have a nice time.

1 Like

Re: Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
I teach, I write and I represent the less priveleged. marenjmafuyai@gmail.com 08182469977 (TEXT MESSAGE ONLY)
Re: Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
While the use of topic sentence can help you transit your readers from one paragraph to another, the use of parallelism can help you transit your reader from one sentence or item to another. Parallelism in this case means repetition of sentence format to construct an effective paragraph.--marenx

Re: Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
.....instead of giving my good time to writing, I give it to my primary and secondary sources of income. The remaining time is left-over.
Re: Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
The use of "while" in the beginning of a sentence, eg: While Ada spoils the flour, her mum goes to church.
Re: Two Pro Steps To Follow To Write Better And Faster by marenx: 6:18am On May 11, 2022
I can be wrong if I say you can be fast like a meteor in writing with this working technique but you can be fast.

(1) (Reply)

Removed / Neeed A Publisher! / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.