Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow (1919 Views)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom 2flat Attach At AIT Road Alagbado / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
Facilities:
*Entrance porch
*Ante room(with visitors' toilet)
* A large living room
*Dining
*Kitchen with store and kitchen terrace
* bedrooms 1 and 2 all ensuite
* Master suite with a large bath, a kitchenette, a walk-in closet and a private patio.

Architects: SOCH DESIGNS
CONSTRUCTION: SOCH DESIGNS
LOCATION: Umuonaje quarters, along Asaba, Ibusa express way, Asaba Delta state.
Project period: 3 weeks to 1 month max for carcass

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
Day 1:
Setting out using 3,4,5 method, arrival of materials and excavation (finished in day 1)

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Day 2:
Footing/blinding ongoing

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
Day 3.... substructural blocks completed

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Stenewiser: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
nice, please what's the size of the land
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 7:33am On Apr 24, 2022
Stenewiser:
nice, please what's the size of the land
....a plot of 50x100... thanks
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by sliksusan: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:
Day 2:
Footing/blinding ongoing

nice

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Focusmind: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Beautiful design. I love the design. The parapet and roof are heavy. The reason for all the columns. The design is a blend of contemporary and traditional bungalow design. Well done
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Days 4 and 5

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by prophetwis: 11:10am On Apr 25, 2022
What is the cost estimate
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
Day 6

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by erico2k2(m): 1:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Following
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by KINGTELLER: 1:55am On Apr 26, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:
Day 3.... substructural blocks completed

Nice.. Do you have an idea what the current price of 6 inches block and iron rod goes for in Asaba. I am embarking on a project too in that axis but currently not residing there?
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by collele(m): 2:22am On Apr 26, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:

Facilities:
*Entrance porch
*Ante room(with visitors' toilet)
* A large living room
*Dining
*Kitchen with store and kitchen terrace
* bedrooms 1 and 2 all ensuite
* Master suite with a large bath, a kitchenette, a walk-in closet and a private patio.

Architects: SOCH DESIGNS
CONSTRUCTION: SOCH DESIGNS
LOCATION: Umuonaje quarters, along Asaba, Ibusa express way, Asaba Delta state.
Project period: 3 weeks to 1 month max for carcass

Please do you have an idea of how much is a plot of 50 X 100 or 100 X 100 along that axis?
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Day 8

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
collele:

Please do you have an idea of how much is a plot of 50 X 100 or 100 X 100 along that axis?
...sorry, really don't know much about the cost of land here...
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
KINGTELLER:

Nice.. Do you have an idea what the current price of 6 inches block and iron rod goes for in Asaba. I am embarking on a project too in that axis but currently not residing there?
around N280 per block

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Focusmind:
Beautiful design. I love the design. The parapet and roof are heavy. The reason for all the columns. The design is a blend of contemporary and traditional bungalow design. Well done
...Thanks boss...am sure you already know the reason for the two columns at the entrance porch.....as for the Two on the both sides of the living room, a look at the 3D, you will notice we have corner windows at those two points....and having those columns there is cheaper than a fully reinforced overhang beams...... please take a look at a place we had a similar use case

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Focusmind: 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:
...Thanks boss...am sure you already know the reason for the two columns at the entrance porch.....as for the Two on the both sides of the living room, a look at the 3D, you will notice we have corner windows at those two points....and having those columns there is cheaper than a fully reinforced overhang beams...... please take a look at a place we had a similar use case

Well explained. Could there be a situation where you won't see columns at corner windows and still have openings for the corner windows? I love the beauty that corner windows brings to building
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Focusmind:

Well explained. Could there be a situation where you won't see columns at corner windows and still have openings for the corner windows? I love the beauty that corner windows brings to building
..Yes...In a situation where both beams that met at the corner are continuous( came from a considerable distance), you might not require columns at the corner...the two beams can hang freely( once properly reinforced and depending on the overal span of the overhang and the amount of load you expect ontop of the beam as you continue raising the structure)
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by collele(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:
...sorry, really don't know much about the cost of land here...

Oh okay...I want to buy a land in Asaba.... I'm just looking for a trusted source...
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Focusmind: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2022
SOCHDESIGNS:
..Yes...In a situation where both beams that met at the corner are continuous( came from a considerable distance), you might not require columns at the corner...the two beams can hang freely( once properly reinforced and depending on the overal span of the overhang and the amount of load you expect ontop of the beam as you continue raising the structure)

That's if you are having one corner window just below the beams. How do you do it when you want to have like two or three corner windows in the same vertical direction, just below each other without having any column at that corner
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
Focusmind:

That's if you are having one corner window just below the beams. How do you do it when you want to have like two or three corner windows in the same vertical direction, just below each other without having any column at that corner
Each corner window must have well reinforced free hanging continuous beams meeting at the corner ontop of the corner window opening, separating it from the next....in cases where there is need, u can add courses of block on the beams depending on the space you need between the first and the next corner window
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Samxie(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
I love the discussion here.
Keep it coming, OP. I'm following.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 6:49am On Apr 28, 2022
Day 9.... ready for lintel

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2022
Leveling and precast concrete fascia ongoing

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2022
Still very much in progress .......time for concrete fascia....
NB: client requested change of the round columns at the entrance porch to square columns

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Samxie(m): 10:27pm On May 13, 2022
I observed you're using solid blocks, rather than hollow blocks.

Is there any specific reason for this preference?
I'm curious if it wouldn't be preferable to use hollow blocks, because they are better at temperature regulation.
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by SOCHDESIGNS(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rounding up with the precast fascia installation

Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by michlins(m): 5:24am On Sep 13, 2022
If you don't mind sir, how much does it cost for the carcass alone
Re: Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Bizbitz: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
Please can we see the plan? An estimate required to finish it thanks

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat In Surulere For Rent. / i am an architect check my interior works / Causes Of Cracking On Concrete Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.