Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps (48815 Views)

PDP To Recall Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps / Yakubu Dogara Receiving PDP Nomination Forms (Photo) / Yakubu Dogara Picks PDP Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by MrPADDY(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Appeal court holds a different view
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Abalado(f): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
The most useless aboki I ever knw is this man,,,jumping like frog up and down, if not for PDP who would have known all these ingrates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
simpleseyi:
Okay nah.

But no Court can sack our incoming VP.

Tinubu / Dogara 2023.
Keep dreaming.
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Winters23: 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lols
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Gozac: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
simpleseyi:
Okay nah.

But no Court can sack our incoming VP.

Tinubu / Dogara 2023.
You want to do us April fool?

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by DSC7: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lolssss.

Person wey Tinubu urchins dey bank on cheesy cheesy.
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Paulianfa(m): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Just keep watching, Dogara will always be on his seat. That one na paper judgement.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by na2016: 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Parachoko:
But the same Federal High Court said A person can't lose his/her seat base on leaving Party A for Party B or nah only The Executives the judgement is for?

That is only for Executives.
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by UncommonLogic: 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rubbish judgement. Will be overturned soon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by preacherz: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jagaban dun mess this one up
Inability of these Abokis to read d hand writing on the wall will remain there biggest undoing.

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Buhari left Tinubu a long time
Time u follow suite.

I am a comrade.

Udo.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by yemex04(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
The truth remains that only the Speaker can implement any such declaration... It is speaker that can notify the INEC of such vacancy.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Paulianfa(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see confusion in the camp of APC, I see them loosing power come 2023.

This I have seen.

A seer
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by babaalagbo11(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
It's the appeal court that'll still settle the matter,but these Nigerian political brostitutes shaa, jumping from one party to another without shame, integrity or loyalty left behind,bunch of greedy idiots
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by BeardGangJnr1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
But governors and president is free to??
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
na2016:

.... You are smart
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by ivolt: 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
Joezinho:
This is ideal in a democratic setting as it will discourage unwarranted cross carpeting. The judgment will be appealed , however, we expect the higher courts to give credence to this judgement to improve our political process.

These polithiefians have no shame. Useless lots.
It is illegal and it is not ideal.
He has freedom of association.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
Pierocash:
Nigeria judiciary has no pattern of judgement. Is it not same Defection Ayade,and Umahi did,but same court held a different judgment .

Their judgement is always for highest bidder

same thing i was thinking. there supposed to be precedence but they just judge as they like. even the Ayade and umahi, the courts initially sacked them before they appealed
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by brookz: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
In wailers voice " Democracy is in Danger" grin grin
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by simpleseyi: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see confusion in the camp of APC, I see them loosing power come 2023.

This I have seen.

Prophet look again, look with patience, then you will better things. This one wey you see so, na nonsense

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by remele2(f): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na Automatic Job.. no be manual job
remaningchamp:
Someone should please help me with any amount to buy good
to eat am hungry I need food and if you have any manual job
for me too I ll appreciate please help me and hungry thanks
and God bless 65. 55. 38. 64. 14 Fidelity bank
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by pquaver(m): 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
na2016:

Let Buhari senator vacate d seat b4 going to pdp...
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by fergie001: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
Parachoko:
But the same Federal High Court said A person can't lose his/her seat base on leaving Party A for Party B or nah only The Executives the judgement is for?
You are confusing both.

The Constitution is clear that as a House of Assembly member or National Assembly member, your seat becomes vacant the moment you defect to another Party unless there is a fractionalization or division at the National HQs of the Party. The Supreme Court has even ruled on it in a judgement in 2015.

This same clause doesn't affect the President, Vice-President, Governor or Deputy-Governor. Only those in the Legislature are affected. So, it's a straight judgement!

Neither the Appeal Court nor the Supreme Court will rule differently in the spirit of stare decisis. They have already decided on such in Abegunde v Ondo House of Assembly in 2015.

cc: smartpolician

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by SeeItSayIt: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gbam!!!

That's a good news. It serves him right.

Someone expected to be wise & smart only to turnout to be dundi
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by anytexy: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
ivolt:

It is illegal and it is not ideal.
He has freedom of association.
Enemy of Nigeria. Freedom of association kuul him there
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by unclejb2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Even the court itself needs to be sacked. The country has sacked itself since 2015

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by ivolt: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
anytexy:
Enemy of Nigeria. Freedom of association kuul him there
Really?
This from an Ipob member who wants to end the zoo?
Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
SeeItSayIt:
Gbam!!!

That's a good news. It serves him right.

Someone expected to be wise & smart only to turnout to be dundi
.... Honestly my bro
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by cream1: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Parachoko:

The law which is they constitution was not explicit on the Govs. Decamping but it was straight forward in regards to the Legislative arm. That is why Dogara is gone and all other house members. It’s just a matter of time before they all leave office.
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Chartey(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Abalado:
The most useless aboki I ever knw is this man,,,jumping like frog up and down, if not for PDP who would have known all these ingrates

Hope you know this "aboki" isn't Hausa and is a Christian.
Because I know your derogatory tone was because you you thought he was both and you lacked respect for Hausa Muslims.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by makaveli2017: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Long overdue but will this judgement stand because I know Dogara will appeal the judgement.
Re: Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps by Parachoko: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
cream1:

The law which is they constitution was not explicit on the Govs. Decamping but it was straight forward in regards to the Legislative arm. That is why Dogara is gone and all other house members. It’s just a matter of time before they all leave office.
Do you think there is enough time? He will surely appeal the judgement and it will take some months before judgement is giving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. / Muslims Attacked In Nsukka, Mosques Burnt By Mob In Enugu / 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.