Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions (34040 Views)

Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
jcross19:
can you see black man !!!

Can you see Russian/White man?
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by olas24u(f): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by pargelenis(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Meanwhile Putin could not even take over Kyiv … what a disgrace to Mother Russia’s “superior army”.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by tonididdy(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
EU gradually distancing itself from the UK and US

Soon they will start pulling out of Nato

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by XploraBen(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
fredoooooo:
Awon werey oga purin on the beat grin cheesy grin wink cheesy
Your comment got me laughing cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by flokii: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
When you're big, you're big.. Russia has mouth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Sirlancelort(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
grin

When we tell these western puppets here that Putin knows how to play this game than sleepy joe and his lap dogs like Boris Johnson and Macron they say we are over rating Putin. It’s all playing out now. Putin is still keeping the Russian economy running and afloat even after the whole evil sanctions. My love for this man called Vladimir Putin is beyond this world. The El Patron. cool

Oga sir, I never knew you were on NL incase you need volunteers to fight for you in Russia am available sir, am loyal sir, Lol.
No mind all those puppets, most of them don hide face.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by DoggoneDogg: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin grin grin

Shame on joyandfaith, amazontopaz, fernandezisback and all the Ekuke bingo Nairaland CNN War strategists & analysts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by 989900: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
The comments here further proves Putin fanboys are ret@rds who can't read to save their lives, nor are they abreast with developments surrounding this Russia-Ukraine-NATO war.

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by meeky247: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
[quote author=aribisala0 post=112184476]Well soon the world will learn that the dollar is a rip off . We need o do he same in Nigeria[/

quote] USA and her 29 sisters will invade Nigeria within 30 minutes of hearing the new.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by PoliteActivist: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mkpurumiriaddic:

Must you quote me to show your frustration?

Why must you rush to comment if you don't read or read without comprehension??!!
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by joyandfaith: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
grin grin grin

[s]Shame on joyandfaith, amazontopaz, fernandezisback and all the Ekuke bingo Nairaland CNN War strategists & analysts[/s]
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Guyman02: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
JoeEeL:
I can recall how some mumus were rejoicing when it was the sanction season then against Russia.

The fools were capping crap. "Europe will boycott Russia", "Russia will only be able to sell to poor India and China"... grin

I was just looking at the muntulas. Even at the heat of the sanction, some EU countries were still doing backdoor deals on Russian oil.

Some nairalanders ehn, I dont know whether to say that sometimes una shame dey shame me, or that una go just deliberately let sentiment cancel una common sense.

They are blinded by sentiments as you rightly pointed out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
aribisala0:
Well soon the world will learn that the dollar is a rip off . We need o do he same in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by fredoooooo: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
Super1759:
You are fighting PuTIn
You are funding Putin.

I don't understand anymore

Dont start what you can't finish
Dem dey mad , they're using ukrain to sell weapon and siphon money, deceiving people with propaganda...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Akfrenzy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
lohifa:
Russia is very overated

grin grin grin grin and naija is mumurated I guess
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by fredoooooo: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
XploraBen:

Your comment got me laughing cheesy cheesy grin grin
Bro , the west and their puppets are werey na grin

4 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
China's credit card processor has refused to work with banks in Russia for fear of being targeted by sanctions over its war on Ukraine, cutting off a possible alternative after Visa and Mastercard stopped serving them, according to the Russian news outlet RBC.

UnionPay's decision affects Sberbank, Russia's biggest commercial bank, and smaller institutions, RBC reported Wednesday. It cited five unidentified sources in large Russian banks.

Mastercard and Visa suspended operations in Russia after the United States and other governments imposed trade and financial sanctions on President Vladimir Putin's government for its attack on Ukraine.

Sberbank and another institution, Tinkoff Bank, announced they were looking at switching to UnionPay, which is operated by Chinese state-owned banks. UnionPay is one of the biggest global payments processors but does almost all its business in China.

American officials have warned that governments or companies that try to undermine sanctions will face consequences. RBC said UnionPay wanted to

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/chinese-credit-card-processor-unionpay-rebuffs-russian-banks-report-122042100468_1.html

Even China, his friend no won suffer economic collateral damage because of dumbass PouTin..

The fear of sanctions is the beginning of wisdom.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

When you buy goods from other people, do you not pay through banks or make bank transfers to pay for your goods.?

Gazprombank is a Russian bank that collects payments for Russian gas and the last time I checked, the EU is not running to them with rubbles, they are still paying in Eurios and Dollars and if you have anything contrary to my submission, please share it with us.

Go back and read again. The EU was paying for gas before in their own banks where gazprom had bank accounts. Now they are not allowed to pay in their own banks. They are to open a ruble accounts on a Russian bank. I have already explained how it works. My question to you is this was the very mechanism they rejected, how come they now agreed? Because they could not find unity and consensus, and there were no immediate viable alternatives.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Bigchristo: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
God1000:
Putin is a drowning man.

Germany has announced that it will stop buying Russia's gas by the end of this year, other European countries will follow suit and that despot in Moscow will have no leverage left
Why are you so stupid? You think the gas is like when you go to the filling station to buy fuel inside a keg? It will take EU at least 6 more years to sight a gas pipeline projects linking them to wherever they will be getting supplies from, don’t be fooled with media propaganda they’re just feeding your guys with gabbrish news… who wan boycott something end of this year is bowing to Russia pressure nor be juju be that? grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by PoliteActivist: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
tonididdy:
EU gradually distancing itself from the UK and US

Soon they will start pulling out of Nato

grin When Finland and Sweden and all non-aligned countries near Russia are now clamoring to be accepted into NATO - the exact opposite of what Putin intended to achieve.
This war - huge mistake by Putin
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by rottennaija(m): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
grandstar:
Will this war lead to World War 3 or the Great Tribulation as predicted by Jesus? Only time will tell.

Great tribulation had already happened. Its not happening again. We are already at world war 3
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
The alternative means are too expensive

The Greatest Scams In Football History

https://www.footballorbit.com/greatest-scams-football-history/
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Of course.

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by EjaikreTheViper(f): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
God1000:
Putin is a drowning man.

Germany has announced that it will stop buying Russia's gas by the end of this year, other European countries will follow suit and that despot in Moscow will have no leverage left

YOU ARE THE MOST IGNORANT FELLOW I HAVE COME ACROSS ON NAIRALAND. I MEAN, HOW DAFT CAN SOMEONE BE? IMAGINE AFTER READING THIS NEWS, YOU STILL SIDON FOR YOUR ONE ROOM APARTMENT DEY TYPE THIS NONSENSE!

YOU DULL SHA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by PoliteActivist: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
skoskosko:

Go back and read again. The EU was paying for gas before in their own banks where gazprom had bank accounts. Now they are not allowed to pay in their own banks. They are to open a ruble accounts on a Russian bank. I have already explained how it works. My question to you is this was the very mechanism they rejected, how come they now agreed? Because they could not find unity and consensus, and there were no immediate viable alternatives.

Is it that you are being intentionally deceptive or that you don't understand what you read?
"Without breaching sanctions" those are the operative words. Go back and read again, bearing that in mind

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Idoko619(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Thought we've smart people on this Forum.
The topic is misleading and you all just rushed to spill your ignorance everywhere.

I'm for peace anyway.

3 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by frowland(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

Reading and comprehension na serious wahala for Nigerian youths.. grin

The EU is not paying dumb asss pouTin in worthless rubbles, they are paying in Euros and Dollars while the Gazprombank, the Russian bank converts the payment into rubbles.

If Gazprombank sleeps better at night by converting EU's Euros and Dollars payment into Rubbles, that is their problem, but they are not getting any rubble payment from the EU.

Russia bank will receive in USD and or in Euro and will convert it to rubbles at their own bank rate!!
Meaning the higher the rubbles, the more EU pays and the lower the rubble the lower EU pays.
Get the economics? ....or do you still need a breakdown?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by kutashi: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
God1000:
Putin is a drowning man.

Oil not Gas! Check the % of oil they buy compare to the quantity of gas and coal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Layi4real(m): 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
Putin vs the Whole European country
Or should we put it this way
Putin vs almost the whole world and the man isn't shaken. The man really live up to his name. Na strong man
I doubt USA could survive all this pressure if the whole world turn against them with all this sanction here nd there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Gentlerespect76: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tanzanian Government Bans The Posting Of Nude, Raunchy Photos On Social Media / "Ghana President Akufo-Add Appointed Ex-Girlfriends To Office"- General Mosquito / Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.