Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions (34001 Views)

Slovakia Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Poor pouTin... grin

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
It's just a matter of time... how relevant are you when your largest customers are aggressively looking elsewhere for supplies and eventually dump you . grin

I still don't known what these pouTistans are celebrating... grin

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by King2019(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
JoeEeL:
I can recall how some mumus were rejoicing when it was the sanction season then against Russia.

The fools were capping crap. "Europe will boycott Russia", "Russia will only be able to sell to poor India and China"... grin

I was just looking at the muntulas. Even at the heat of the sanction, some EU countries were still doing backdoor deals on Russian oil.

Some nairalanders ehn, I dont know whether to say that sometimes una shame dey shame me, or that una go just deliberately let sentiment cancel una common sense.

Read history they will not hear grin grin grin
You just dey give them back to back
I hail oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Masterito(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
US will rather engage in nuclear war than let Dollar go down. CIA is still much very alive.
aribisala0:
Well soon the world will learn that the dollar is a rip off . We need o do he same in Nigeria
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Christistruth00: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Parachoko:
EU do not have a choice

Russia gas is the cheapest for Europe.

Is either Russia gas or people go on the street when Winter starts knocking in Europe. Gas will be so expensive in Europe if they insist on boycotting Russia gas. Good news for ruble

Nigerian Natural Gas is already being arranged as an alternative

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by drmuchin: 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
GOD REALLY BLESS RUSSIA

3 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

The same line you can't see and even failed to show me?

You people are never serious..
The most important thing here is that Russian govt wants to receive only ruble for it's oil as a condition to selling. The EU on the other hand are trying to save face, so they deposit dollar and euro into a russian bank which then source the rubble and make payment for gas. So Putin recieves payment for gas in ruble,, and the Russian currency continues to enjoy boyancy.

8 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:
It's just a matter of time... how relevant are you when your largest customers are aggressively looking elsewhere for supplies and eventually dump you . grin

I still don't known what these pouTistans are celebrating... grin
Yes, it's enough time to source other markets for your product.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
The most important thing here is that Russian govt wants to receive only ruble for it's oil as a condition to selling. The EU on the other hand are trying to save face, so they deposit dollar and euro into a russian bank which then source the rubble and make payment for gas. So Putin recieves payment for gas in ruble,, and the Russian currency continues to enjoy boyancy.

That's PouTin's problem, he still gets paid in Euros and Dollars and if after collecting Euros and Dollars he goes to aboki to swap it for his worthless rubbles, that's his own headache, he's still getting paid in Euros and Dollars.

Buying his gas is coming to an end, it's just a matter of time. His pain and suffering is around the corner..
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

By paying in Euros and Dollars right?

Too many illiterate people on NL for real.. grin
Why are you just disgracing ursef upadan with this comprehension problem

4 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
PouTin's pain and suffering is coming fast fast, it's just a matter of time...

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Parachoko: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
palsenator:

You interpreted it to suit what you actually wanted to hear. Even Russia knows that this is gonna be shortlived. Germany is planning to boycott Russia gas , other countries are plotting same. By the time this is done, Russia will be alone. I don't know what moral ground makes you people to feel the war is justifiable.
Russia is not cutting off Russia Gas anytime soon.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
NOETHNICITY:
Why are you just disgracing ursef upadan with this comprehension problem
[/s]

Abeg stop bothering me with your lame and vacuous posts if you have nothing sane and rational to discuss.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by Parachoko: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth00:

We can't fill the market that will be left by the Russians and is not going to be as cheap as that of Russia Gas.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by 2mNaira: 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

That's all, the rest is a meaningless and redundant argument.

We can continue this argument when the EU starts paying in the rubble.

Clearly you don't understand forex trading. You are just trying to win an argument.

The purpose of this new mechanism is to strengthen the rubble and that purpose has been achieved.

Instead of collecting euro or dollar from EU and giving them rubble, then collecting the rubble back from them and then crediting their rubble account, why not just collect euro and dollar from them and crediting their rubble account appropriately. The two process amount to the same thing. At the end of the day demand for rubble increases sharply. The value of rubble increases. Goal achieved.

5 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

That's PouTin's problem, he still gets paid in Euros and Dollars and if after collecting Euros and Dollars he goes to aboki to swap it for his worthless rubbles, that's his own headache, he's still getting paid in Euros and Dollars.

Buying his gas is coming to an end, it's just a matter of time. His pain and suffering is around the corner..
I'm tired of explaining to you sir
The most important thing here is that the ruble is back to life. Whoever isn't happy with that can go hug a transformer

https://www.abc.net.au/correspondents/content/2007/s2008633.htm

4 Likes

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by muhammaduyusufu: 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth00:

Germany just set aside huge money for some huge tankers for natural gas delivery.

Russia should milk as much as they can this year becuase they will be toast from next year.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Russia is not cutting of Russia Gas anytime soon.

Who determines what's soon or not?

Russian gas exports and earnings are already fropping.

Gas and oil are international commodities, they are available everywhere and the fact that they can not unwind their reliance on Russia today doesn't mean they won't tomorrow.

Eu is even already on the ground in Nigeria for our LNG.

Russia's pain is around the corner.

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by gambojimeta: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
muhammaduyusufu:

Germany just set aside huge money for some huge tankers for natural gas delivery.

Russia should milk as much as they can this year becuase they will be toast from next year.
A whooping €3 Billion Euros.
Western countries are extremely rich.

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
2mNaira:

Clearly you don't understand forex trading. You are just trying to win an argument.

The purpose of this new mechanism is to strengthen the rubble and that purpose has been achieved.

Instead of collecting euro or dollar from EU and giving them rubble, then collecting the rubble back from them and then crediting their rubble account, why not just collect euro and dollar from them and crediting their rubble account appropriately. The two process amount to the same thing. At the end of the day demand for rubble increases sharply. The value of rubble increases. Goal achieved.

So, understanding what I'm reading mean I will see where the EU is handing over Rubbles to Russia for gas supplies.

Why is the EU saying they are not breaking their own sanctions?

It is because they are not paying in Rubbles. How hard is this to understand?

What pouTin want's or not is irrelevant.

Reading and comprehension are not hard, just drop your PoutiStan identity card for proper comprehension of basic English words.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
muhammaduyusufu:

Russia is actually losing money, gas deliveries to the EU is dropping and other counties outside the EU are not buying.

China will stop buying from Russia next month.

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by gambojimeta: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:
PouTin's pain and suffering is coming fast fast, it's just a matter of time...

grin grin
The customer is king.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

A whooping €3 Billion Euros.
Western countries are extremely rich.

PuTin thinks he's doing the EU, when in fact he's telling the EU never to trust or depend on him, an unstable, crude and crass megalomaniac.

When the EU is done with Putin, one drop of oil or cubit feet of gas won't land anywhere in the EU.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
gambojimeta:

The customer is king.

The supplier go soon start drinking his oil and sniffing his gas inside the kremlin.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by texazzpete(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
paafin:

EU can't dictate to Russia how payments will be made, Russia has made their position clear on this!

I don’t think you understand how gas delivery contracts work. They are long term, and no party has the right to unilaterally change the deal.

Russia can’t dictate to their purchasers.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by 2mNaira: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
plaindealer:

So, understanding what I'm reading mean I will see where the EU is handing over Rubbles to Russia for gas supplies.

Why is the EU saying they are not breaking their own sanctions?

It is because they are not paying in Rubbles. How hard is this to understand?

What pouTin want's or not is irrelevant.

Reading and comprehension are not hard, just drop your PoutiStan identity card for proper comprehension of basic English words.

All that matters to you is that EU is handling over only euro and dollar to a Russian bank. It doesn't matter to you if Rubble is getting stronger. Well, that's o.k. As for me, I am satisfied that Putin's goal is achieved.

Good night.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by FIRDAUS3(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Putin is putting something in their body.... undecided
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by shantti(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
tnerro1:
End of the year is usually cold season, hope the EU know what Dey are doing, if they freeze to death, plenty people are ready to replace them in Europe

But how did they survive during the medieval times
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by plaindealer: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
2mNaira:

All that matters to you is that EU is handling over only euro and dollar to a Russian bank. It doesn't matter to you if Rubble is getting stronger. Well, that's o.k. As for me, I am satisfied that Putin's goal is achieved.

Good night.

All that matters to you is poTin and his rubble and not the content of the article and the topic itself.

Misreading and not comprehending the article in the first place means you can not effectively contribute anything meaningful.

According to the EU, they are not violating their own sanctions because they are still paying in Euros and Dollars so of what relevance is poUtin and his bank doing aboki by changing the Euros and dollars to their worthless rubble?

You can not misrepresent the article and its content.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by JOemmy(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
grin

When we tell these western puppets here that Putin knows how to play this game than sleepy joe and his lap dogs like Boris Johnson and Macron they say we are over rating Putin. It’s all playing out now. Putin is still keeping the Russian economy running and afloat even after the whole evil sanctions. My love for this man called Vladimir Putin is beyond this world. The El Patron. cool

Hope you will still be loving putin if he wakes up one day and decides to support biafra to exit nigeria just as he is currently doing in eastern Ukraine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by koskilala: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
This one is a very very big win for Russia.
Re: EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions by DannyFX2638: 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na mumu full this thread , so if you want to make an online payment with Bitcoin from Nigeria how will you do it ?? You pay in Naira , The Vendor trades / convert it to Bitcoin .. Then you make your payment via btc .. Them just day use English they confuse una as usual

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station / US Congress Under Siege, Trump Supporters Overrun Security, Invade Chambers / ‘back To Africa’: French MP Sparks Parliament Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.