Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus (865 Views)

Atiku, Saraki, Mohammed Greet Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar On 66th Birthday / Bala Mohammed, Saraki Are PDP Northern Consensus Presidential Candidates / Saraki Meets IBB, PDP Delegates In Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Omooba77: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Northern Elders have endorsed Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed and former Senate President, Bukola Saraki as the northern consensus candidates of the opposition party.

The decision was reached after a meeting held between the elders with General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida at his Country home in Minna.

Addressing journalists shortly after, Professor Ango Abdullahi explained that about four aspirants from the north presented themselves for the consensus.

They include Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Governor Bala Mohammed, Bukola Saraki, as well as Mohammed Hayatu-Deen.

However, he stated, “the purpose of this exercise, it is hereby resolved that Governor Bala Mohammed from the North East and former Senate President Bukola Saraki from the North Central be presented as the northern consensus candidates for the moment.”

Ango advised the two aspirants to work together to give room for further consultations to come up with one consensus candidate to ensure a peaceful primaries.

“Doing so will foster understanding among themselves and the PDP community to ensure a rancour free primaries in which all eligible candidates would be free to exercise their right.”

He also revealed that General Babangida opted for inclusion through wider consultation and assigned him to design a criteria and carry out the necessary consultations with elders and leaders in the three geopolitical regions in the north.

Speaking, Governor Mohammed told journalists that he and Saraki would meet to come up with one consensus presidential candidate to ensure unity for the north and Nigeria.

“We have reached an agreement to seek consensus so that we can close ranks and build unity for the north and Nigeria. We are happy that after due process and due consultation, involving the PDP Northern Elders Forum, I and Saraki have been chosen as Northern consensus candidates. We will go ahead and consult more among ourselves and bring out one candidate.”

Governor Mohammed further said that the consensus is the representation of the north and that discussions are on with other aspirants from the south.

The governor, however, added that other aspirants not endorsed are free to aspire if they desire, while thanking General IBB, the northern elders and other chieftains of PDP for having confidence in them.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/22/2023-presidency-ibb-pdp-elders-announce-saraki-mohammed-as-northern-consensus-candidates/
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by LeoDeKing: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na so.

Pdp cannot waste its little opportunity to put up a small fight against Tinubu.

Athifku and Peter Obi is a waste of chance because both criminals are simply unelectable in Nigeria. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Omooba77: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
No Atiku .... angry grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Omooba77: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Na so.

Pdp cannot waste its little opportunity to put up a small fight against Tinubu
Tinubu knows now......
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by itchie: 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Na so.

Pdp cannot waste its little opportunity to put up a small fight against Tinubu.

Athifku and Peter Obi is a waste of chance because both criminals are simply unelectable in Nigeria. cheesy
The fact that you being a Tinubu supporter does not want Atiku or Obi to emerge as PDP candidate shows that you know that they will both beat tinubu black and blue if given the ticket and that's why you are afraid of either of them getting the ticket. You want an easier opponent for your iragbiji criminal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by LeoDeKing: 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
itchie:

The fact that you being a Tinubu supporter does not want Atiku or Obi to emerge as PDP candidate shows that you know that they will both beat tinubu black and blue if given the ticket and that's why you are afraid of either of them getting the ticket. You want an easier opponent for your iragbiji criminal.
[/s]
Go tell that to pdp.

Abi pdp no want win president?
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by nazicartel(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Bala Mohamed?
Saraki that they used Otoge to boot out from ordinary Senate kwa wants to be President?..
Saraki that those those men living at flower mill ilorin destabilized politically ?....
Pdp has always been a confused party shaa... But the two parties are just playing games. They want to see each other's players. Any mistake APC does now will really affect them and they will lose drastically.
My problem is who gave those Abia presidential candidates 40m to buy ticket... Thought they said the state doesn't have money
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by ityP(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Go tell that to pdp.

Tinubu urchins, you people talk too much. Dem never do primaries, but you dey shap mouth for Nairaland. After primaries now, we no go see una brakelight. For your info, PDP isn't presenting a northerner as Presidential candidate. If you believe they will, gaskiya, you are not politically savvy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Rilwayne001: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
Northern elders forum is group just like afenifere, whose endorsement holds no water.
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by LeoDeKing: 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
ityP:

Tinubu urchins, you people talk too much. Dem never do primaries, but you dey shap mouth for Nairaland. After primaries now, we no go see una brakelight. For your info, PDP isn't presenting a northerner as Presidential candidate. If you believe they will, gaskiya, you are not politically savvy
[/s]
Ipob mentality can be very amusing.

Two short sentences from me, he responded with unorganised epistles, yet it is me that talk too much..

No be juju be dat? cheesy

Don't quote me again, I'm not in any convo with you because I won't bother reading any nonsense you type again.

Bye
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by simpleseyi: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
They are MAD.

Presidency is coming to the South.

IBB too knows that he will die a miserable and painful death
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Justiceleague1: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

Two short sentences from me, he responded with unorganised epistles, yet it is me that talk too much..
shut up and close ya mouth and pay rapt attention whenever the more intelligent and educated ityP is talking..you might learn a thing or two,that will better your life, you know...

Don't quote me again, I'm not in any convo with you because I won't bother reading any nonsense you type again.

Bye
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Mandate2023: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na that cripple IBB dey pick consensus for pep grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by ityP(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

Bye

I will quote you again come June 1st. That's if you've not changed moniker. This one wey you create account Jan 2022 grin grin grin. After primaries, you go disappear.
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by 1870ev: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s
Go tell that to pdp.

[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by 1870ev: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s

Bye
[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus by Justiceleague1: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2022
Rilwayne001:
Northern elders forum is group just like afenifere, whose endorsement holds no water.

This is reason they call you yorubas betrayers,see what you are saying about your Afenifere!!!! Shame on you.
We all remember how you were lamenting and crying on here long ago for campaigning for buhari, over the harshness and poverty and hunger unleashed by the buhari! Now it appears the JuJu they used on you people has been renewed again grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Loses Mandela Washington Fellowship Due To NIS Negligence / Peter Obi Candidacy Is Good For Tinubu. / Muslim Muslim Ticket Will Kill Tinubu’s Lifelong Presidential Ambition - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.