Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal (13805 Views)

2023: Consensus Candidacy Not Solution To Nigeria’s Problems – Peter Obi / Rivers APC Adopts Tonye Cole As 2023 Consensus Guber Candidate / BREAKING: Consensus Drive Failed, We Are Not Part Of Any Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Nemere2020: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
The consensus drive by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirants has failed.

This development was disclosed by the Sokoto state governor and presidential aspirant on the platform of the PDP, Aminu Tambuwal.

Recall that Tambuwal, former President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, Governor of Bauchi state, Bala Mohammed and ex-banker, Mohammed Hayatudeen, have been traversing the country on a consensus drives.

Tambuwal, in a paragraph statement by his Special Adviser Mohammed Bello, said, “Four of them met on Wednesday and agreed that the consensus has failed. They called off the Minna meeting, so, Tambuwal didn’t attend.”

https://independent.ng/2023-consensus-drive-by-pdp-presidential-aspirants-fails/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

PRESS STATEMENT

Consensus Drive Failed, I’m Not Part of Any Agreement

By Tambuwal Campaign Organization (TCO)

The attention of Tambuwal Campaign Organization (TCO) has been drawn to a news item that former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Gov. Bala Muhammad of Bauchi state have emerged as consensus candidates from amongst the four of us announced at a meeting in Minna, Niger state.

This is, to be candid and forthright, not correct.
The correct situation is that the team met on Wednesday 20th April, 2022, at Bauchi Governor’s lodge in Abuja and had a review meeting; and, unanimously agreed that the consensus arrangement was not working.

The team further agreed that Sen. Saraki should come up with a draft statement on how to communicate this decision to the Nigerian public. This was the last time that members of the team sat and mutually agreed on anything. The proposed meeting to review and vet the statement scheduled for 10 pm of the same day was aborted unilaterally by Sen. Saraki via a WhatsApp message.

However, on Thursday, 21st, 2022, same Sen Saraki circulated yet another WhatsApp message suggesting that members of the team should head to Minna for a meeting on Friday, Gov. Tambuwal reached other members of the team and informed them that he stands by the decision of the team that the initiative is not working. This is the reason Gov. Tambuwal was absent at today’s (Friday) meeting in Minna. As a result therefore, the outcome of the Minna meeting has no consequence or any implication on the aspiration of Gov. Tambuwal, who had earlier on informed his colleagues of maintaining their agreed position that the initiative has collapsed.

Members of the public should be reminded that what was canvassed for was a consensus candidate and not consensus candidates.

For the avoidance of doubt, Gov Tambuwal has submitted his Presidential nomination forms and now that the quest for a consensus candidate out of the four has clearly collapsed, will go ahead and face screening and indeed contest the PDP presidential primaries.

This is in consonance with his acclaimed outlook as a pan-Nigerian candidate, with pedigree of national service as the Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, life member of the Body of Benchers and now in his second and final term as Governor of Sokoto state.

Nicholas Msheliza

Director Organization and Mobilization for TCO

April 22, 2022

Abuja
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/breaking-consensus-drive-failed-we-are-not-part-of-any-agreement-tambuwal-campaign-organization/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Mantahirdra(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Nigerialabalaba: 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
So Tambuwal sef na lightweight politician for north. E no sabi Saraki and Bala before. Olodo. shiorr grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Mooh247: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin

PDP no go kill person...

2023 election is one of the most heavily contested elections ever

Too many fakers

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Richardonald(m): 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
Election in Nigeria now is all about money now.. If Pdp want to win this election they should repeat 2019 presidential candidates Atiku/obi... APC won that election because buhari was involved and rigging was also involved....

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Deltatoto: 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Richardonald:
Election in Nigeria now is all about money now.. If Pdp want to win this election they should repeat 2019 presidential candidates Atiku/obi... APC won that election because buhari was involved and rigging was also involved....
no better truth than this.I see greed and selfish interest making them not to achieve this.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by duro4chang(m): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Richardonald:
The same Atiku or Another one?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Penguin2: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
It failed because it didn’t favour him.

Onye ala!

I wonder what Tambuwal wants to campaign with?

What has he achieved as Sokoto state in the past 7 years?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Donshegxy10(m): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
I have been saying it, everyone of this politician are selfish and after personal interest.

Once the issue is not in their favour they will cry fowl...

25 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Blankstare(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Tambuwal the betrayal

1 Like

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Tambuwal, another desperado like Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by ObaOfEsan: 4:46am On Apr 23, 2022
undecided
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:46am On Apr 23, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Mandela89(f): 4:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Give south a chance sir

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by ybalogs(m): 4:48am On Apr 23, 2022
It was never going to be successful in the first place. They are all too selfish to reach consensus.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by straighttalk(m): 4:48am On Apr 23, 2022
After all it is PDP!
Not coming as a surprise. It was meant to fail.

24 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by gamowox: 4:48am On Apr 23, 2022
He will fail woefully
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by ybalogs(m): 4:49am On Apr 23, 2022
BlakKluKluxKlan:
Who isn't desperate amongst those in the race?? How I wish they really want what's best for Nigeria then it wouldn't be a problem to be desperate.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by stano2(m): 4:49am On Apr 23, 2022
ok
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Ahmed0336(m): 4:50am On Apr 23, 2022
Mandela89:
Give south a chance sir

Let the most popular and acceptable candidate win. What's hard there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by maxtop(m): 4:51am On Apr 23, 2022
I think the South deserve to be President this time around. They have been sidelined for too long

1 Like

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Contagious100d(m): 4:57am On Apr 23, 2022
Pdp hmm. Agba gorilla.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 23, 2022
Make una help my career

I’ll fix your phones and laptops that are faulty

We are expert in iPhones Samsung and transsion a traila will convince you

Location is computer village ikeja
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by micflo28(m): 5:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Let me go and push Emefiele, Ngozi okonjo iweala and fashola to declear if Ngige can declear
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by mu2sa2: 5:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Saraki, Bala Mohammed and so- called northern elders group will soon come to refute the statement by Tambuwal.
They're ALL rouges - trust anyone among them at your own peril. Useless thieves.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Mooh247: 5:04am On Apr 23, 2022
BlakKluKluxKlan:

If you buy 40 million nomination form you should be desperate

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Akponmfet: 5:06am On Apr 23, 2022
maxtop:
I think the South deserve to be President this time around. They have been sidelined for too long
Re: 2023: Consensus Drive Failed So I Am Still In The Race - Tambuwal by Akponmfet: 5:08am On Apr 23, 2022
True,we deserve a president from Akwa Ibom State (The highest producer of crude oil in Nigeria) this time around. We have been sidelined for too long. If we don't get it then we're voting for Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Attends Cutix PLC 40th Anniversary / Nigeria’s Debt Jumps By 75% In Three Months, Hits N87 Trillion / Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.