Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! (840 Views)

Neuralink Will Be Ready To Put Chips Into Human Brains In The Next 6 Months / Is Possible Turn Boiling Water Into Ice Without Using Any Energy? / Scientists Have Connected The Brains Of 3 People, Enabling Them To Share Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Transcriber: 2:16am On Apr 23, 2022
BRIGHT180:
First time dilation is a phenomenon where time passes at different rates depending on gravity and velocity.

But the effects are not so drastic as to make five earth years(cause the concept of "a year" differ with planets) equal 50 space years (65-15)

The fact is the International Space Station which simulates actual space slows down by 7 thousandths of a second every six months. For five years that would mean a loss of (10/7000) second, Basically the difference is negligible.

Five years in space is five years on earth. The information on the picture is WRONG.

very true
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 2:20am On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:
There's this monicker...@Thescientist.

Please I need you here

......The Scientist is Here......

The answer is simple. The person traveling to space is moving at greater speed relative to the person staying on earth. Usually, a person traveling at greater speed consumes lesser amount of time(in years) and therefore remains younger. If you are still confused, ask me specific question(s).
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 2:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:
[/b]

But... does it imply that with your excape velocity and deceleration back to planet, you will multiply the age with which you left them (your friends) by 7??.
I can't get the actual reason for the 65 cry

You don't need to multiply the age with which you left them by 7. You can get the actual reason for the 65 by using "time dilation equation". Plese google it. I can't type the equation on my phone because the equation contains subscripts and superscripts. My phone does not support those features. The equation is something like this

t=t0/(1-V2/C2)1/2
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Nobody: 4:19am On Apr 23, 2022
I once wacthed a Korean TV show based on this sci-fi.
Why aging has to do with time?
Does time really exist?
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 23, 2022
TheScientist:

The answer is simple. The person traveling to space is moving at greater speed relative to the person staying on earth. Usually, a person traveling at greater speed consumes lesser amount of time(in years) and therefore remains younger. If you are still confused, ask me specific question(s).

But time does not exist,even if it exist,the person's age would be calculated with world-based hour.

Am not physician.
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 7:35am On Apr 23, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

But time does not exist,even if it exist,the person's age would be calculated with world-based hour.

Am not physician.

......The Scientist is here......

If time doesn't exist, then why is the phenomenon called "TIME dilation"?

You said the person's age will be calculated based on the world clock. If the person's age is calculated based on one clock ONLY(in your opinion, the word clock) then how would you know the diffrence in age? FOR A DIFFERENCE TO EXIST, THERE MUST BE ATLEAST TWO THINGS INVOLVED.
When calculating time dilation, there are 2 clocks involved. One is carried along with the space traveller while the other remains on earth. At the end of the trip, the comparison between the two clocks will tell the difference in age.
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Sergio103(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2022
BRIGHT180:
First time dilation is a phenomenon where time passes at different rates depending on gravity and velocity.

But the effects are not so drastic as to make five earth years(cause the concept of "a year" differ with planets) equal 50 space years (65-15)

The fact is the International Space Station which simulates actual space slows down by 7 thousandths of a second every six months. For five years that would mean a loss of (10/7000) second, Basically the difference is negligible.

Five years in space is five years on earth. The information on the picture is WRONG.

Thank you so much boss.

I duff hat cool
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Sergio103(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
Well there is a theory to explain this.
Time dilation.
I am enjoying this thread.
At least I can't see wehreys here with their tribal gbasgbos ��
Ndi otu emergingnation, chipink Helinus, shortigboman, kestolove no get business with this thread ��

Lol cheesy
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Khaleepha5681:
I once wacthed a Korean TV show based on this sci-fi.

Why aging has to do with time?

Does time really exist?

Ageing has EVERYTHING to do with time. Infact, without time, there won't be ageing.

>Age is measured in years.

>Years come from months

>Months come from weeks

>Weeks come from days

>Days come from hours

>Hours come from time.

You CAN'T talk of ageing without time.
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Sergio103(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
this discussion you're looking for is too lengthy to explain o, you'll have to understand the [b]concepts of space-time theory and continuum, you'll have to understand the fact that some events in outer space we're just seeing now with the aid of powerful telescopes like the death of a star happened billions of [/b]years ago but we're just seeing it now. I don't know how they came up with that maths but this whole thing is a crazy and never ending discussion, those who studied physics would have a better grasp

I hope we're all under the wavelength that op is talking about really going out into space and not just hovering above the earth's atmosphere like the ISS ?

Bro I understood them so well.

I know so much about time, relativity, space, and physics is simply my daily food.

But just that some things are always bigger than one person.

Thanks so much smiley

I have a pics for @bolded

Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Sergio103(m): 7:58am On Apr 23, 2022
TheScientist:

You don't need to multiply the age with which you left them by 7. You can get the actual reason for the 65 by using "time dilation equation". Plese google it. I can't type the equation on my phone because the equation contains subscripts and superscripts. My phone does not support those features. The equation is something like this

t=t0/(1-V2/C2)1/2

Thanks Boss
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2022
TheScientist:

......The Scientist is here......

If time doesn't exist, then why is the phenomenon called "TIME dilation"?

You said the person's age will be calculated based on the world clock. If the person's age is calculated based on one clock ONLY(in your opinion, the word clock) then how would you know the diffrence in age? FOR A DIFFERENCE TO EXIST, THERE MUST BE ATLEAST TWO THINGS INVOLVED.
When calculating time dilation, there are 2 clocks involved. One is carried along with the space traveller while the other remains on earth. At the end of the trip, the comparison between the two clocks will tell the difference in age.

Time is man's invention that helps him study the universe

Time is just relative motion. It is the measurement of what happens when other thing is happening.

Year is just imagination. Wecan replace it.

Some tribes don't 12 months in a year,others don't have 7 days in a weeak.

Day and night are just the same thing. We circumbate the sun
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Time is man's invention that helps him study the universe

Time is just relative motion. It is the measurement of what happens when other thing is happening.

Year is just imagination. Wecan replace it.

Some tribes don't 12 months in a year,others don't have 7 days in a weeak.

Day and night are just the same thing. We circumbate the sun

Time is man's invention.
Calculation of age and age difference is also man's invention. So what's the arguement about?
If you say time does not exist, then age also does not exist. Both are man's inventions.
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 23, 2022
TheScientist:

Time is man's invention.
Calculation of age and age difference is also man's invention. So what's the arguement about?
If you say time does not exist, then age also does not exist. Both are man's inventions.

The arguement is clear.

Aging does not have to do with time running(be it slower,or faster)but the rate or number of heart beat,respiration or person's body activities.

"Aging" not ages. You can be older than your age,or younger.

Number years don't reflect how young one is,but the degree of earth's travelling around the sun.

1 Year=360 times 366

1 year=131760 degree

One year old baby is 131760 degree old(time wards).

But we hear about retard growth in plants and animals,why?

Becauce they grower lower in a period of time.

Years don't help anyone to age,to grow,etc.

So person will age the same everywhere,no matter the faster of time.
Re: I Need Brains Here....i Mean Boiling Encephalon!! by TheScientist: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

The arguement is clear.

Aging does not have to do with time running(be it slower,or faster)but the rate or number of heart beat,respiration or person's body activities.

"Aging" not ages. You can be older than your age,or younger.

Number years don't reflect how young one is,but the degree of earth's travelling around the sun.

1 Year=360 times 366

1 year=131760 degree

One year old baby is 131760 degree old(time wards).

But we hear about retard growth in plants and animals,why?

Becauce they grower lower in a period of time.

Years don't help anyone to age,to grow,etc.

So person will age the same everywhere,no matter the faster of time.

Bringing in health science is a smart move. From that angle, you have a superior arguement. I accept defeat. However, from the angle of Physics, can you please explain "time dilation" without reference to time?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Ways To Make Bucks: / Biometric Training / Off Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.