Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer (1179 Views)

Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him / Ugly Rex And Two Other Yahoo Boys Arrested / I Was Saved By A Drug Addict From Sleeping In A Police Cell; Man Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by meedoLock(m): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
A young Policeman shared this on Twitter. Let's see how it played out

I just remembered one of my scariest moments on earth and I felt like sharing it with you. I can assure you it’s worth your time….

I was barely 2 years as a police officer. I was quite young and zealous in my line of duty. Well, I still have the zeal to achieve more in my career.

Anyways, it was one of those days in Apapa Police Station.I was the incident duty officer for that day (As an incident duty officer, you’re the Officer in charge of supervising the younger officers & also designated to monitor all activities in the station within 12 hrs 6pm-6am).

The duty also suggests that whatever happens in that jurisdiction within 12 hours is under your supervision. Usually, as an incident duty officer, your prayer points would always be for the night to pass without any unforeseen circumstances,

because when silly mistakes happen either from you, your subordinates or suspects in the cell, you would be queried, and sometimes the query leads to dismissal.

*This is where my story begins!�*

It was a Tuesday in Apapa division, I was on incident duty that day. There were about 8 suspects in the cell including a Police officer (Junior) who must have defaulted. I was informed that 2 of the suspects were armed robbers who robbed, shot and killed someone.

Well, to me it wasn’t a big deal because most times we have suspects like that in our custody. Anyways, around 4pm or thereabout, one of the armed robbers suspect had a visitor who came with food. Usually at the Police station before giving a suspect food,

the person who brought the food must eat out of it, then he/she will be observed for about 10mins or so to be sure the food is not contaminated in any way.
This particular day, the food the woman brought for the suspect was Eba and Okra.

At about 11pm, I called the patrol team to take me on visiting rounds (visiting round - visiting black spots, places likely to be prone to crime, residents areas, stores, lonely places and as well check mating our men who are on road blocks and guard duties).

We moved around apapa area for about 2 hours, assisting people we could, just to make them feel safe. I got to the base at about 1 am, I decided to just relax by the station gate with the station guard officers. Before we knew it! We heard a very loud and troubled voice!

I ran inside with one of the armed station guard to confirm what happened. Guess what! One of the suspects in the cell was about to escape! Ah! In short he had already escaped in a way. How come?? The suspect actually tried to escape through the front cell gate!!

The Police officer in the cell was the man who raised an alarm! It was his voice we heard. He managed to hold on to his leg when he was trying to escape from the cell. We noticed that his body was slimy, sticky and sweaty! See I can’t really describe it with words!

in short his body was covered with okra! Just like seeing someone bathing with Okra! Lol. And he managed to get half of his body out of the cell his head was out already! People in the charge room (counter) were sleeping already!
Omo!

I was just a young officer who just got out of Police college!! I was literally scared! All this drama was about 2:15am or there about. We had to handcuff him bath him! One of the Officer suggested that we should add salt to the water in bathing him!

The remaining 3 to 4 hours to day break seemed like 5years to me! I Couldn’t wait to see the sunrise! I couldn’t! I prayed in my heart of heart!! My brothers and sisters I sat right in front of the cell until day break! Abeg I can’t shout!!

Guess what? The food given to him was the voodoo! Everyone thought the woman was his wife! Not knowing she wasn’t!
If he had escape apparently, I would have been issued query! Or probably been dismissed for allowing a suspect who robbed and killed someone escape!!

Being a Police Officer isn’t for the weak! God bless all the Police Officers who are making sure the world is a better place to live in.

8 Likes

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Localgrandpa: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Oboy... Lol funny but scary if one was in the police guys shoes. How is he going to explain, that the criminal escaped using okro...

2 Likes

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by motymop: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
A proof that voodoo doesn't work

2 Likes

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by mccloud224(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
For one ugly incident that occurs to a single Nigerian force man, there are 1 million civilian victims with diaries and encyclopedias of human rights abuses.

Like if true.

Share if false.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by decatalyst(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Localgrandpa:
Oboy... Lol funny but scary if one was in the police guys shoes. How is he going to explain, that the criminal escaped using okro...

Everybody go say nah lambasted say e don collect money and released criminal grin

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by decatalyst(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
mccloud224:
For one ugly incident that occurs to a single Nigerian force man, there are 1 million civilian victims with diaries and encyclopedias of human rights abuses.

Like if true.

Share if false.

What is the post about, and what are you typing

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Very funny story. Okro to escape
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by bibianna(f): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lol.

From Okro soup to body cream! cheesy
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by mccloud224(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
decatalyst:

In simple English?

A failed cell breakaway as narrated by a policeman. Simple!

Was that too brief for you or do you want an expository essay of 300,000 words?
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Iamnorth: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Oboy! You for see headlines on Nairaland like "okro escape" "police detainee slipped through okro,breaks out of cell" "inmate escape via okro soup" "police officer dismissed as suspect vanish inside Eba and Okro"

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Blakjewelry(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
meedoLock:

I just remembered one of my scariest moments on earth and I felt like sharing it with you. I can assure you it’s worth your time….

I was barely 2 years as a police officer. I was quite young and zealous in my line of duty. Well, I still have the zeal to achieve more in my career.

Anyways, it was one of those days in Apapa Police Station.I was the incident duty officer for that day (As an incident duty officer, you’re the Officer in charge of supervising the younger officers & also designated to monitor all activities in the station within 12 hrs 6pm-6am).

The duty also suggests that whatever happens in that jurisdiction within 12 hours is under your supervision. Usually, as an incident duty officer, your prayer points would always be for the night to pass without any unforeseen circumstances,

because when silly mistakes happen either from you, your subordinates or suspects in the cell, you would be queried, and sometimes the query leads to dismissal.

It was a Tuesday in Apapa division, I was on incident duty that day. There were about 8 suspects in the cell including a Police officer (Junior) who must have defaulted. I was informed that 2 of the suspects were armed robbers who robbed, shot and killed someone.

Well, to me it wasn’t a big deal because most times we have suspects like that in our custody. Anyways, around 4pm or thereabout, one of the armed robbers suspect had a visitor who came with food. Usually at the Police station before giving a suspect food,

the person who brought the food must eat out of it, then he/she will be observed for about 10mins or so to be sure the food is not contaminated in any way.
This particular day, the food the woman brought for the suspect was Eba and Okra.

At about 11pm, I called the patrol team to take me on visiting rounds (visiting round - visiting black spots, places likely to be prone to crime, residents areas, stores, lonely places and as well check mating our men who are on road blocks and guard duties).

We moved around apapa area for about 2 hours, assisting people we could, just to make them feel safe. I got to the base at about 1 am, I decided to just relax by the station gate with the station guard officers. Before we knew it! We heard a very loud and troubled voice!

I ran inside with one of the armed station guard to confirm what happened. Guess what! One of the suspects in the cell was about to escape! Ah! In short he had already escaped in a way. How come?? The suspect actually tried to escape through the front cell gate!!

The Police officer in the cell was the man who raised an alarm! It was his voice we heard. He managed to hold on to his leg when he was trying to escape from the cell. We noticed that his body was slimy, sticky and sweaty! See I can’t really describe it with words!

in short his body was covered with okra! Just like seeing someone bathing with Okra! Lol. And he managed to get half of his body out of the cell his head was out already! People in the charge room (counter) were sleeping already!
Omo!

I was just a young officer who just got out of Police college!! I was literally scared! All this drama was about 2:15am or there about. We had to handcuff him bath him! One of the Officer suggested that we should add salt to the water in bathing him!

The remaining 3 to 4 hours to day break seemed like 5years to me! I Couldn’t wait to see the sunrise! I couldn’t! I prayed in my heart of heart!! My brothers and sisters I sat right in front of the cell until day break! Abeg I can’t shout!!

Guess what? The food given to him was the voodoo! Everyone thought the woman was his wife! Not knowing she wasn’t!
If he had escape apparently, I would have been issued query! Or probably been dismissed for allowing a suspect who robbed and killed someone escape!!

Being a Police Officer isn’t for the weak! God bless all the Police Officers who are making sure the world is a better place to live in.
Me I can't be a police officer because I can't stand the slightest injustice

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by mccloud224(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Iamnorth:
Oboy! You for see headlines on Nairaland like "okro escape" "inmate escape via okro soup" "police officer dismissed as suspect vanish inside Eba ane Okro"

The officer talk say na jazz. How okro wey person rub body take be jazz? Even camel wey rub okro for body go pass thru eye of needle.

Confirm!

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Iamnorth: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
mccloud224:

The officer talk say na jazz. How okro wey person rub body take be jazz? Even camel wey rub okro for body go pass thru eye of needle.

Confirm!
so them allow baba to carry okro bowl enter cell?
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by mccloud224(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Iamnorth:
so them allow baba to carry okro bowl enter cell?

You dey whine me ni? No be 9ja? Go ikoyi prison make u see men dey use iPhone browse Facebook and nairaland. Go ministry make u see list of Ghost workers wey dey on pension. Donkey years back, me don drink canned stout smoke ciga instead cell...wetin come be okro?

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by meedoLock(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Me I can't be a police officer because I can't stand the slightest injustice

Then ur type should be the one that should be recruited into our uniform job. No soft spot for Injustice, zero tolerance for corruption.
grin angry angry
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by 00FFT00(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
meedoLock:

Omo!

Scary story.
But, pray tell, how many times and how much in bribes and extortion have you pocketed in your service time?.
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by meedoLock(m): 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
mccloud224:

Confirm!

Na the female accomplice dey amaze me o. How u go get mind trigger such prison break without the fear of being captured. As in, it was a very high risky stunt na grin
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by meedoLock(m): 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Localgrandpa:

My brother, na die o grin
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Iamnorth: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
mccloud224:

You dey whine me ni? No be 9ja? Go ikoyi prison make u see men dey use iPhone browse Facebook and nairaland. Go ministry make u see list of Ghost workers wey dey on pension. Donkey years back, me don drink canned stout smoke ciga instead cell...wetin come be okro?
what can not happen in Nigeria does not exist! *sips on legend,abeg pass me light

2 Likes

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by meedoLock(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
mccloud224:

Bro e choke o.

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2022
Thumbs up to all dedicated and patriotic Nigerian police officers out there, may the good lord keep you guys save in your lines of actions

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Blakjewelry(m): 1:11am On Apr 23, 2022
meedoLock:

Then ur type should be the one that should be recruited into our uniform job. No soft spot for Injustice, zero tolerance for corruption.
grin angry angry
I can't because it will be total chaos between me and the fellow officers who wouldn't follow the right path

2 Likes

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 23, 2022
This PoPo get mad writing skills.

1 Like

Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by nairaman66(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2022
decatalyst:

If a policeman is sharing an ugly incident, then there are hundreds of thousands of Nigerian citizens with ugly experiences with the police! You get it?
Re: My First Ugly Experience As A Police Officer by nairaman66(m): 8:17am On Apr 23, 2022
meedoLock:

Omo!

What will happen to the police officers taking bribe, aiding and abetting armed robbers to commit heinous crimes against helpless citizens?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How A Man Was Abused And Disgraced At Warri Train Station By Nigerian Officials. / Young Girl Missing For More Than Two Days / Watch Godfather Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.