Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed (724 Views)

What Drives Religion? The Love Of God Or The Fear Of The Devil....... / No Gain In Greed By Pastor Adeboye / Atheism Is Not A Religion! (the Hardcore Debate Version) Challenge To Uyi Iredia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by cold(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
Religious Las Vegas III: The Hypocrisy Of Greed

By Olumide Goodness Adeyinka

It was a fully packed auditorium with all shades of people with different economic powers and background, and education. The Bishop who is to speak has just been introduced after a thunderous ovation heralding a contemporary piece of music from the choir. As soon as the Bishop got up to mount the stage, it was with pomp and pageantry of a royal entrance. Five persons actually got up to accompany the Man of God (M.O.G) to the stand to preach to the massive crowd that have waited to hear this ‘great man’ speak to their ‘destiny’.

Those five guys were hefty enough to suggest they are paid security personnel that have no assignment than to look stern and frightening to keep surge of people away from their principal. Two minutes after he got to the pulpit, the shouting and the jumping was still as fresh as when he got up. It was so obvious to any outsider that a superstar is in the midst of a conquered people who see him more or less as the one who has the key to their hope and faith. Please follow me into this great service of “deliverance and breakthrough”.

The speaker cleared his throat and shouted from a deep voice specially rehearsed to echo around the microphone and the speakers feeding into the sets of Amplifiers. Please lets be quiet and listen to the preacher called Papa.

Raise your hands above your head and give God the glory somebody. Alleluia! Put your hands together to the king of kings and the Lord of lords. Please take your Bible, raise it up and say this after me. I believe the Bible as the word of God, and will do whatever it tells me to do as a direct instruction from God. My life shall be ruled by it and I will not question God on its logicality. I am ready today to take my destiny and run with faith to acquire what God had designed for my life. I receive grace to obey the divine instruction coming my way today; I will obey and prosper beyond measure. Amen. Please take your beautiful seats in His presence.

Before I preach on a message I titled “The faith for Breakthrough” it will be proper for me to appreciate my very good friend and Bishop of the house – Apostle Bleep. A man of faith and power anointed for this end time. A man I am proud to call a friend and brother. Please put your hands together for the man of God. Thank you and take your seat.

I shall be speaking to you on “The faith for Breakthrough” but more than speaking or preaching; I will like to give you a fresh testimony to strengthen your faith and prepare you for your own breakthrough today. How many of you believe God will visit you beyond your dreams in this service? If you believe, shout alleluia.

I have been traveling all over the place this last two weeks. I left Nigeria for Canada, preached in three churches over a weekend, then crossed to United States of America for so many preaching engagements before I left for Europe. I finally came directly from England to be with you this morning. In all of these places, I could tell you of testimonies of God’s abundant provisions in people’s lives as they obey God’s instruction for breakthrough. However, I will tell you of the one that happened few hours ago before I left England.

A man in his forties accosted me in the airport and wanted me to hear him out. The security personnel provided by my host would not until I eventually beckoned for him. He introduced himself but I could not recollect him. He finally told me his story. He was in one of my meetings in England two years ago and sowed a ‘dangerous seed’ into our ministry then based on the commandment I had from God to release people from poverty by their response to “faith seed”. He actually emptied his bank account and went bare financially due to his obedience. He now told me that since that time God had shown up in his business so powerfully that he now runs a Multimillion Dollar Merchandise Industry. He was rolling all over the place and subsequently put an envelope in my hands to honor God and His servant. As soon as he did that, the Holy Spirit prompted me to lay hands on him to take him to the next level and I did. I released anointing oil on him and the power of God smote him flat on the pavement. It was in my jet that I actually opened the envelope to see a cheque of One hundred thousand dollars. Then I thought that must be the reason the Holy Spirit spoke. That is a good seed. Lift your hands and shout Alleluia.

The main reason why you are where you are is because you are yet to understand how to process your own breakthrough. The only thing breakthrough responds to is great seed. Outside of your ‘seed’ you cannot reap a harvest. Today is not a day to speak for long but to demonstrate your appetite to obeying God’s word and instruction. Let me share a scripture with you and I will give you your own opportunity to sow a faith seed to get a breakthrough.

Open your Bibles to Ecclesiastes Chapter Eleven, verses one, four and six (Eccl.11: 1, 4 and 6)

For those of you who have no faith, the first verse of that scripture actually addresses you. I quote “Cast your bread upon the waters, For you will find it after many days”
The reason why faith has not worked for you is because you are too logical for God. God wants you to ‘kill’ your logic and reasoning. God cannot owe you anything. If you sow, you will always reap in God. Get ready!

There are some who have faith but situations seems so tight and it is just difficult to exercise their faith again. Verse number four of our text now says to you;
“He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.”
The devil is so cunning that he brings bad situations around you so that you will not be able to sow yourselves out of poverty. I want you to resist the devil right here today and get ready to shake yourselves away from lack.

Finally, there are those who have obeyed God in the past and are now wearied of sowing because they believe they have not reaped from the past. Here is a word of God for you in verse six, and I quote
“In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike will be good”
It is a trickery of the enemy to frustrate you especially when you are at the verge of breakthrough. Banish that thoughts in you and get ready to sow your seed for breakthrough now.

I want everybody to rise on his or her feet, close your eyes and just respond to my call. Remember, the size of your seed determines the level of your harvest. If you are here and you know you can sow a seed of One million naira and above, please raise your hands… If you can sow a seed of One hundred thousand and above, please raise your hands… Everybody needs to sow. Please if you know you can sow a breakthrough seed of fifty naira and above, raise you hands also…. Let me pray a prayer of breakthrough for you. Close your eyes ……

The Bishop ended the service with millions of naira sown by people who are hungry for breakthrough. There is going to be another convention next year and another Bishop will be guest speaker with another ‘seeding’ message. May God deliver my gullible brethren, Amen.

The psychology behind the whole process of gratifying their lusts is embedded in disarming their victims with testimonies that are coated with exaggerations and sometimes outright lies. The greedy congregants also bought into the lies because there is an abyss of lust in their throats. The deceiver and the deceived suffering from the same hypocrisy of lust called greed.

This is the mold and the frame upon which the message of prosperity is based. The scriptures used might be different but the scenario is almost the same wherever you go. The culture of rat racing in our psyche has actually sold us out as slaves of our belly. We look for magicians in the name of Men of God who acclaim to be so anointed that they can arm twist God and give you what heavens has not given you. This is not to say it is impossible to get what God has not given, because Nigeria society is full of evidential examples of rogues, saboteurs, politicians and public servants who have stolen with the aid of prayers of covering from Men of God just to prove that they are anointed. They encourage the exercise by aiding and abetting, and never disapproved of the wrong doings in our society.

Wake up people of God and take back your salvation from crooks. Most of the messages on prosperity are simply hypocritical and borne out of greed. May God deliver the Church of Christ We shall prevail.

[url]http://saharareporters.com/article/religious-las-vegas-iii-hypocrisy-greed
[/url]
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by Enigma(m): 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
And from Part 1 of the series http://saharareporters.com/article/religious-las-vegas-stupidity-%E2%80%98sons%E2%80%99

Religious Las Vegas: The Stupidity Of ‘Sons’

By Olumide Goodness Adeyinka

I had to travel through a city that exists but not discovered by many, some of who are novices, but a lot of whom are bonafide citizens of the land that raises her population as silly as it can get.

The city has a demeanor for affluence, a swagger for its greatness and an identity for its brevity. It was a city many loved to identify with but some like me (and few others that I know) have come to terms with as a city of poison (even though that was not the intention of the founder), a city of entrenched interest, a city of perversion and a place of lies, lies and lies. Unfortunately, many still live in that city. Allow me to introduce you to the leaders of this city.

The leaders of the city take pride in their superiority over the commoners and their closeness to the Supreme Being more than any other person. Their names alone triggers respect and reverence in high and low places. [b]They speak with the arrogance of their tongues and the insolence of their mind. They command with the utterance of authority that the state in its derived powers by constitution does not have. They have their own laws and their own security apparatus. They have the means to provide all the amenities of life that the state has deprived its population. They have the jets and the cars that laugh at the dilapidated state of the roads. They can afford to change cars as often as every year, after all how much does it cost them? They are richer than the captains of commerce and industries, yet put in no dime in investment portfolio. I am talking about a people you dare not cross. They fight with the venom of their mouth derived from the ‘anointing’ of their ‘chosen calling’. They threaten with a curse of their tongue as they suck the ‘blood’ of their victims.

Remember though, their threats are not empty threats. They have bullied their followers with all kinds of imagined fictional episodes of testimonies that send fear into the minds of these pitiable folks. So many have “died” for daring to challenge them or question their authority. Their “god” had made many turned psychiatric patients for just questioning their authority. They quote from the scriptures in 1Chronicles 16:22

“…. Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm….”

Their God (who loved them more than any of his other creature) was ready from the days of old to destroy anybody that stands on he way. Guys, these leaders are beyond the laws of the book they preach. The commandments are more or less for the commoners. They have been perfected by “god” and cannot be wrong or reprimanded by him.[/b]

These leaders have a strong desire for the good things of life. Lust of life is permitted for them but not others. The love for money cannot be the root of all evil with them because they have paid a supreme sacrifice in the secret before now. The lust of the flesh is only an exercise of their right to rest after comfortably preaching 5 times a week for an hour each. They needed all the comfy life and money can afford them. Choice food and choice wines too.

Their throats are deep like the trails of a Behemoth. Their insatiable longing for power and influence will make them do just anything. They lobby for friendship with those they should be reprimanding. They quest for the patronage of the people their type in the Bible questioned and tortured with the truth. Truth to them is what the king wants to hear. Lies to them are the noise of the multitude that has been abandoned in the wilderness. They love the blessings of Abraham but have nothing to do with the routes of Abraham. They love the followership of the masses not for what spiritual food they will serve them but for the fatness they tend to reward themselves with. Their quest for evangelism is subsumed in their penchant for numbers to launder self-image and approval. The article of their trade is money, the creed of their belief is money, their faith and their hope is more money. Money, and money alone makes them feel good. They rejoice not in the hope of their calling, but in the reward of their super stardom.

[b]What then is the source of their wealth?

I am happy you asked! Where else would you suggest it came from? I am sure it is a collation of Tithes, different offerings and special vows that are forced down the throats of the unsuspecting victims. Lest I forget, there is also the special care offerings that promises to set people free from their poverty. And again, there is the “seed” for breakthrough; and of course, backed by a threat of lasting poverty in case you disagree. Their wealth is from the Church, from the same sheep they are to oversee. They plundered the poor and deprived the fools.

What is their instrument of trade?

Very fascinating question you asked dearie. Their tongue! They are sizzling with their tongue. They are heavy laden with charisma, loaded with eloquence of the letters, well equipped with the charm of appearance and above all testimonies that are very difficult to verify. Their audience is captivated by their popularity and their unavailability. Their message is enunciated with many powerful people they have dined with, and the league of their friends. Since most of their followers are out to use them too, it became a game of who is smarter. These leaders win anyway you look at it. Lies is the name of the game and exaggerations is its hallmark. Their treachery is fuelled by the unending submission of the followers. They have done so many wrongs and yet got away unscathed. Now, they are sure not to be fallible.
[/b]

By now you should know the category of Nigerians I am talking about. They are the so-called Spiritual leaders in our Churches (not the Church of Christ). I have rightly called them RELIGIOUS LAS VEGAS.

The part of the game that blew my mind up is the insignia of their pseudonym. They are called Papa, Daddy, Baba, Bishop etc. 

Now I remember what Jesus said in Matthew 23:8-11. I paraphrase below;

“…. Do not call anyone Rabbi… or Father… or Teacher, for only one is to be called those names…”

The scripture above does not nullify personal respect that should be accorded those that teach and labor spiritually over us per se, but it is directed intentionally to those who will derive their existence and satisfaction in being called so. God knew that such trend will automatically breed a brood of silly followers who will surrender their intelligence and mental stability to assess, process and verify the truth as stated in the Bible. They rejoice in the euphoria of being called a ‘son’ and the putrid satisfaction of association with ‘Papa’. Many are deceived to the point of believing eternity with association.

All hail ‘Papa’ says the silly ‘son’. Wake up and smell the coffee! The clock has taken a turn at the corner. I[b]t is time for the army of the Lord to take the shield of faith to quench all the fairy darts of insurrection against our God and His people.[/b]

Olumide Goodness Adeyinka is an ordained Minister of the Gospel, Businessman and Founder of NIGARD. Contact him at nigardgroup@yahoo.com 
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by Zikkyy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
cold:

As soon as he did that, the Holy Spirit prompted me to lay hands on him to take him to the next level and I did.

cold:

It was in my jet that I actually opened the envelope to see a cheque of One hundred thousand dollars. Then I thought that must be the reason the Holy Spirit spoke. That is a good seed.

According to this chap, even the Holy Spirit recognized good cash smiley

cold:

The only thing breakthrough responds to is great seed. Outside of your ‘seed’ you cannot reap a harvest.

That's. . . good cash smiley

cold:

The reason why faith has not worked for you is because you are too logical for God. God wants you to ‘kill’ your logic and reasoning.

God don't like einstein type brains smiley Faith work only for zombies.

cold:

Here is a word of God for you in verse six, and I quote
“In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike will be good”

In other words, keep giving till you drop smiley
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by JeSoul(f): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
^LOL. Zikky, boy, you are so crazy! grin
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by ogajim(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
Classic, this guy na big timer ooooo as he has his own jet and gets "security" even while outside Nigeria.

Nigerian "mugus" dey "overseas" plenty now so they are able to rob those in and outside of Nigeria.

Too bad Zikkyy can't use "kalo kalo gospel" anymore  grin
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by nuclearboy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
Now THAT Olumide Adeyinka is a minister that at least, has a head for truth
Re: Religion & The Hypocrisy Of Greed by manmustwac(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2011
its as if religion dey bellyful person

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Court Jails Female Pastor For Trading Teenage Girls As Prostitutes / Kissing The Face Of God / Alcohol And Gender Based Abuse In The "christian Nation Of" Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.