Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin (34704 Views)

Sallah Celebration: Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi & His Wives Step Out Together / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by MisterMan123456: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Oh my goodness! A Great man has departed. What will happen to his wives? especially the newest ?
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by bukatyne(f): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
I am the late Monarch's birthday mate shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by Blackify: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ademola47:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/oba-lamidi-adeyemi-things-to-know-about-boxer-who-became-longest-reigning-alaafin/%3famp

Good day, everyone...

My name is Ehis "Farastein" Mokwenye, and my entry pitch is currently amongst the quarter finalists for @original_talkutalku creative grant. My entry is for my debut historical fiction novel "Tales of Jideofor". The book is based on the transatlantic slave trade of the 18th century, and follows the life of Jideofor from Illah in Western Igbo lands to Jamaica. It is a story of love, dreams, destiny and death. To vote, just open up the Instagram link below and like my video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcpZWjFFa1b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Thank you very much for your help in retelling Afrikan culture in a new and revelatory light.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by supereagle(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ademola47:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/oba-lamidi-adeyemi-things-to-know-about-boxer-who-became-longest-reigning-alaafin/%3famp

Family life
Alaafin was married to Ayaba Abibat Adeyemi, his senior wife. However, he had about twelve junior wives, whom he attended events with.
His junior wives included Ayaba Rahmat Adedayo Adeyemi, Ayaba Mujidat Adeyemi, Ayaba Rukayat Adeyemi, Ayaba Folashade Adeyemi, Ayaba Badirat Ajoke Adeyemi, Ayaba Memunat Omowunmi Adeyemi, Ayaba Omobolanle Adeyemi, Ayaba Moji Adeyemi, Ayaba Anuoluwapo Adeyemi, and Ayaba Damilola Adeyemi.

The Alaafin has numerous children, though the exact number is uncertain
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by FireUpNow(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lilsameey:
Kindly show image proofs or highlights of his boxing career.

Baba picture never dey that time. Na wa for you oo. So you doubt the career of the late Oba.
The only thing that pained me most is that he promised Bola Tinubu that the Yoruba ancestors will vote for Tinubu and he didn't lstay alive to see his prophecy being fulfilled.
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by Khaysee: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
83 is a good life

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by ubreal(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
But he married one beautiful babe recently now!!
Who go nyash am ??
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by Aaay: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by OLULAW: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dreal1247:
Unknown number of children. How did he care for them?

The questions should be who will care for them following his demise. Right now, they’re screwed up. When teenage and young girls open their legs for octogenarians, the offsprings from such frolicking suffer. They grow up fatherless, lack the wherewithal requisite for flourishing.
Re: Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin by Jimmy231: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nothing like that again
arsenic33:
I read about Abobaku in Yoruba land
What if he runs away?
What is/are the implication(s)

I'm just curious to know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / Wada Ibrahim Waziri Is Dead / Sanusi's Sons Go For A Horse Riding In Kano (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.