Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,997 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC (598 Views)

CSU SAGA: Keyamo To Be Blamed For Tinubu's Ordeal, He Shouldn't Have Been On The / If Tinubu Survive His Ordeal,He Will Be Goat Of Nigeria Politics / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by AlexBells(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2022
Politics is a game of popularity, However Bola Tinubu is not the most popular person in APC, the truth is that while Tinubu is arguably the most popular contestant for the presidential ticket of the APC, he had failed to understand that the most popular person in APC is President Mohamed Buhari and irrespective of the fact that Buhari is not going to be on the ballot, he still commands a remarkable cult following.

The Best thing for APC could have been a consensus candidate, Buhari maybe docile but his popularity shouldn't be tested as it could end in terrible clash. Buhari had been a serial contestant even before he became the president and despite insecurity impacting his overall performance, it would be funny that he can still perform the hand of God if boxed to a corner.

If I were Tinubu, I would anoint my own presidential candidate preferably Fashola and avoid going head on with Buhari on what may seem like an Impending collision with Buhari and his Cabals. Tinubu is popular, but in the current dispensation he is the second most popular person in APC. Just because Buhari is not contesting doesn't mean he should be taken for granted and the battle line seems drawn already.

Maybe this test of popularity could have been settled in 2015, the fact is that Buhari have a complex issue and he can't stand the kind of competition Tinubu brings to the table, it makes Buhari question his place in APC, because by default, the president ought to be the most significant person in his political party, but with the level of tussle in APC and several struggle each time Buhari needed to prove that he is currently the head of the party and indeed Nigeria, the reality of the presidency being in charge of the party structure becomes questionable.

I really want to enjoy watching how the fight goes, I want to believe that Buhari is the most popular person in APC but so far he seem to have a contestant in Bola Tinubu, Mr. President needs to prove his popularity once again in the most honourable manner.

It may seem funny until you understand that in most states, state governors have a big impact on deciding their successor but President Buhari couldn't, well the fight is a win for our democracy, I hope it comes with a minimal cost.
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by Sergio103(m): 9:35am On Apr 23, 2022
Tinubu not the most popular in APC??

You don't know what you are saying.

He is
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by Vatsyayana: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:
Tinubu not the most popular in APC??

You don't know what you are saying.

He is

Is he? I just can't wait for the APC primary election to come and go.
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by AlexBells(m): 9:45am On Apr 23, 2022
Vatsyayana:

I guess you know Sergio103 is playing a Sarcasm there lol,
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by Donshegxy10(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Tinubu is not denying that buhari is the leader of the party and apart from buhari no one has more popularity and impact on the party than tinubu.

The primary is not a fight between buhari and tinubu, but if you think it is, let the game begin.

Buhari is respected by the governors because he is the president, in a matter of months his tenure will be over.

Governors are more interested in what will benefit them in the next 4 years, which it is certain that buhari will have little influence in it going forward.

Buhari also is aware that a conensus may backfire and many governors and party leaders will go against his decision, that is why he is treading carefully.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by West1side: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Another opinion of an Igbo PDP Jew on a party APC they love to hate. Inconsequential.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by Mooh247: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2022
cool

Just your opinion

In Nigeria only 4 men have the Popularity and the structure to win an Election of National magnitude

Mohammadu Buhari
Atiku Abubakar
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Goodluck Jonathan

7800 delegates from 774 local government accross the learnt and breadth of Nigeria is not a joking matter

1 Like

Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by engreo(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2022
Is only God that know the kind of dream you dreamt about Asiwaju Bola Tinubu last night that make you to rush to nairaland this morning to type this jagons, I just pray you will not have a stroke because of excessive hpb that you might develop due to your hatred for Asiwaju.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by Sergio103(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2022
Vatsyayana:

Bro na sarcasm of highest order cheesy cheesy.

I meant he's just a butterfly that do consider himself dragon cheesy
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by AntonVince: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
AlexBells:
Politics is a game of popularity, However Bola Tinubu is not the most popular person in APC, the truth is that while Tinubu is arguably the most popular contestant for the presidential ticket of the APC, he had failed to understand that the most popular person in APC is President Mohamed Buhari and irrespective of the fact that Buhari is not going to be on the ballot, he still commands a remarkable cult following.

The Best thing for APC could have been a consensus candidate, Buhari maybe docile but his popularity shouldn't be tested as it could end in terrible clash. Buhari had been a serial contestant even before he became the president and despite insecurity impacting his overall performance, it would be funny that he can still perform the hand of God if boxed to a corner.

If I were Tinubu, I would anoint my own presidential candidate preferably Fashola and avoid going head on with Buhari on what may seem like an Impending collision with Buhari and his Cabals. Tinubu is popular, but in the current dispensation he is the second most popular person in APC. Just because Buhari is not contesting doesn't mean he should be taken for granted and the battle line seems drawn already.

Maybe this test of popularity could have been settled in 2015, the fact is that Buhari have a complex issue and he can't stand the kind of competition Tinubu brings to the table, it makes Buhari question his place in APC, because by default, the president ought to be the most significant person in his political party, but with the level of tussle in APC and several struggle each time Buhari needed to prove that he is currently the head of the party and indeed Nigeria, the reality of the presidency being in charge of the party structure becomes questionable.

I really want to enjoy watching how the fight goes, I want to believe that Buhari is the most popular person in APC but so far he seem to have a contestant in Bola Tinubu, Mr. President needs to prove his popularity once again in the most honourable manner.

It may seem funny until you understand that in most states, state governors have a big impact on deciding their successor but President Buhari couldn't, well the fight is a win for our democracy, I hope it comes with a minimal cost.

The fact that Buhari asked all contenders to go sell their candidacy doesn't mean he has no preference; and promising to ensure a level-playing field doesn't bar him from supporting his preferred candidate. He is a card-carrying APC member too just like every other member and holds the same rights.
Didn't the GAC/Tinubu in Lagos encourage other aspirants to go ahead and vie for the guber ticket despite their open endorsement of Sanwo-Olu?

Only a political neophyte will see governors fighting tooth and nail to install their successors yet believe that a sitting Nigerian president will be indifferent about who succeeds him.
Regardless of the mode adopted for the primaries, Buhari's preferred candidate SHALL clinch the APC ticket but Nigerians will determine who leads them in 2023.
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by AlexBells(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Donshegxy10:
Tinubu is not denying that buhari is the leader of the party and apart from buhari no one has more popularity and impact on the party than tinubu.

The primary is not a fight between buhari and tinubu, but if you think it is, let the game begin.

Buhari is respected by the governors because he is the president, in a matter of months his tenure will be over.

Governors are more interested in what will benefit them in the next 4 years, which it is certain that buhari will have little influence in it going forward.

Buhari also is aware that a conensus may backfire and many governors and party leaders will go against his decision, that is why he is treading carefully.

Nobody is dragging that either, you should know how the Mafia complex work, is Buhari or Tinubu the most popular person in APC ?, that's the question, would it be settled the good old way, a transparent dwell ?, that's the point here, what is the need in being party leader if you can't prove to really be the most popular person?
Re: 2023 Tinubu's Ordeal, He Is Not The Most Popular Person In APC by 1870ven: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Just your opinion

In Nigeria only 4 men have the Popularity and the structure to win an Election of National magnitude

Mohammadu Buhari
Atiku Abubakar
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Goodluck Jonathan

7800 delegates from 774 local government accross the learnt and breadth of Nigeria is not a joking matter

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

APC Group Plan One-million Man March To Drag Jonathan Into The Party. / Comparing Deborah And The Killings Of Hausa/fulani In The SW In February 2021 / There's No Evidence That Ipob Killed Fatima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.