Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

"Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? (81948 Views)

Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years / Alaafin Begs Aliko Dangote To Extend Employment Generation Drive To Oyo Kingdom / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by danngnews: 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
jrusky:
They have started with their propaganda to start tribal insults

Nothing like exist anymore anywhere.

A king that was buried like just common man which is contrary to SW monarch tradition so how will Abobaku whatever will take effect or hold any ground pls how A man that was buried in front of everyone in Islamic rite so where is abobaku coming in here? Is it the Islamic clergy men who will put knife on the neck of the Abobaku or who

Pls stop nonsense propaganda.

But you believe osu caste system still exist in igbo land abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by dododawa1: 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
Japa,who won DIE.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by writeprof(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Wole Soyinka - Death and the King's Horseman comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Pyhonist: 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Aboba ku japa grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by greencard: 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Alaafin ti waja, abobaku ti japa

OYO lo'ba wa grin

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Chopcy29: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Searchingvictor:
Lol. You dey follow king enjoy life e dey sweet you. Now to follow him die, u dey run

Why are you running

Somebody should please lend me 30k, I need to pay for my house rent tomorrow. I'll pay back my mid next month once I get my salary. Please

Borrow from your landlord or landlady na
Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by sameks08(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
if na me anytime the king de sick I go travel come de make call to know the situation if good I come back but if the news no pure na to switched off the phone immediately. who no like better thing. life no get duplicate.

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by grandstar(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
Do not mind of all sensationalist writers. The practice is long dead. In these modern times, the Abobaku would be discouraged from taking his life if it was still the custom. There would be a huge outcry, especially when considering the Yoruba monarchy like elsewhere is now largely ceremonial or symbolic.

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Enskynelson(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
What if abobaku dies before the king, will the king be buried with him since both lives seems tied together.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by pacificom: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Salvador1:
which kind tradition be this.

I hear say even if he runs them go use juju bring him back.

Ike gwuru.
yes o, e go but leg for reverse come face a timely death.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by delpee(f): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
KosiGee:
I thought this was some kind of joke. What a tradition!!!

It is a joke to ridicule Yorubas obviously. There's nothing like that. The Oba has been buried as a Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by pacificom: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Enskynelson:
What if abobaku dies before the king, will the king be buried with him since both lives seems tied together.
Abobaku that die before the king must be a lucky bastard.

4 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Shey Abobaku and Late Oba are fuckin same wives nii?

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by yesloaded: 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Salvador1:
which kind tradition be this.

I hear say even if he runs them go use juju bring him back.

Ike gwuru.

Theres nothing like abobaku again

It's ancient tradition that has been abolished hundreds years ago

It's just cruise on twitter

Infact theres no title like abobaku long time ago we only have bobagunwa

3 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by jrusky(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
danngnews:

But you believe osu caste system still exist in igbo land abi?

Here we go again pls what brought igbo land into this now just tell me?

Biko go to bed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
He is around but they will just lie to the media so people won't know what is going on as we are now in the new age...
The Abobaku is surely around grin

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Kpengla(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
pavoda:
Abobaku in Yoruba means someone that dies with the king, when the king dies the Abobaku also dies with the king and is a chieftaincy title to some family. The Abobaku of Oyo empire is currently on the run.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oyoaffairs.net/concern-trails-abobaku-over-alaafin-adeyemis-demise/amp/

Obviously this thread was conceived and created by the Biafra street-kids/urchins

May God bestow his healing mercies on y'all....Amen.

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Multiplier7(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
nifemi25:
IF NA YOU, SHEY YOU GO WAIT ?

Wait kee!

Everybody get im own time to die abeg, no be everybody dey die with Oba.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by hope4nigeria(m): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
NwaNimo1:
His skull must be found....dead or alive!

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]

The time has come to meet Alaafin's ancestors........
he has been eating the benefits of Abobaku, now it's time to "KU" why is he running.
I ear say the king died as a result viral exercise he did few months ago, 87 hold man cannot be doing exercise like young people, he will just die

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Multiplier7(m): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Enskynelson:
Nice question my brother grin

Ask them.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by solomonedavid(m): 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
My advice for now is strangers should just avoid late night and some kind location especially corpers.. Dis one abobaku no dey again,dem no go jst Bury d King alone o ✌️

2 Likes

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Tomek09(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Useless culture that should be abolished and thrown to the bin by now. Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by Tomek09(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
solomonedavid:
My advice for now is strangers should just avoid late night and some kind location especially corpers.. Dis one abobaku no dey again,dem no go jst Bury d King alone o ✌️
Dem don bury am according to Islamic rites grin

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by izubext007: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Culture

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by relicng: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Run for your life.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by smile11s(m): 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
jrusky:
They have started with their propaganda to start tribal insults

Nothing like exist anymore anywhere.

A king that was buried like just common man which is contrary to SW monarch tradition so how will Abobaku whatever will take effect or hold any ground pls how A man that was buried in front of everyone in Islamic rite so where is abobaku coming in here? Is it the Islamic clergy men who will put knife on the neck of the Abobaku or who

Pls stop nonsense propaganda.

Shattap there. It’s a culture and tradition that needs to be observed.

1 Like

Re: "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? by smile11s(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hig1990:
Yyy

Can you do CCTV bypass?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Legendary YORUBA Clothing And Dressing : Pics Inside / Igbo Ideograms On Grave Stones In Virginia, US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.