Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not (684 Views)

Transition To Tech, It's Worth It! / Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / Is Decagon Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by jerus(m): 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Due to the "popular demand talk about learning programming" especially on this forum, i decided to give it a try last year, after putting in the needed effort, i discovered programming wasn't meant for me, i decided to close the chapter, html & css just didnt go down well with me.
Last month, someone adviced and brought forward to me GRAPHIC DESIGN(photoshop/coreldraw, illustrator, indesign. He said it's not as difficult as learning programming, that mostly what i need is just familarizing myself with the various tools and creative in designing.
Going on google to do some research about graphic design, every articles i read kept talking about how saturated it is, even on some threads on this forum.
Now to all graphic design gurus making money online, i want to ask if it's still worth learning or should i simply forget about it and learn something else.
All Input will be appreciated.
Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by emmy512: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2022
I once asked this question, and answered it myself.
Programing was actually for me, graphics design was a means to an end.
Gd is not saturated, it is so broad, we in nigeria have this misconception that Gd is just making of flyers, posters etc meanwhile it is not.
The flyes, posters design is saturated yes, but if you are unique with quality you'll take your place.
I started photo manipulation on PS for fun, then editing my photos and then others. I discovered upwork and fiver 2014 and 2015 and began offering flyer designs, it paid little but better than nothing, as a student in 2015 $80 to $100 was enough.
I wanted more towards my second year and i discovered indesign. For a start this is where i advise you focus on but still have that ability to use the common adobe software like ps,ai,id,ae and encoder.
. I'll complete this later in the day.
.yes gd is worth it if you find the right niche like i did that provides less stress for more money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by qtguru(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2022
Graphic Design is easier to me, my brother does Graphic Designs and makes a lot of money, you have to be good. However for Upworks there are gigs, but you have to pay your dues and show a portfolio and bid for jobs. Programming is not easy as many have led people to believe. Anyone who does that is either running a BootCamp or a Developer relations.

With Indesigns, you can create report document for companies and manuals, with Figma you can get remote side gigs. It depends on how you find jobs. Just forget the Nigerian local market for design jobs unless you are discussing with startups.

My advice peace

3 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by qtguru(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2022
emmy512:
Gd is not saturated, it is so broad, we in nigeria have this misconception that Gd is just making of flyers, posters etc meanwhile it is not.
The flyes, posters design is saturated yes, but if you are unique with quality you'll take your place.
I started photo manipulation on PS for fun, then editing my photos and then others. I discovered upwork and fiver 2014 and 2015 and began offering flyer designs, it paid little but better than nothing, as a student in 2015 $80 to $100 was enough.
I wanted more towards my second year and i discovered indesign. For a start this is where i advise you focus on but still have that ability to use the common adobe software like ps,ai,id,ae and encoder.
.yes gd is worth it if you find the right niche like i did that provides less stress for more money

Infact I didn't even read yours, I agree too
Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by jerus(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
emmy512:

Thanks bro God bless, i'll take to all you said, hopefully this week i'll start and take action.
Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by jerus(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
qtguru:
Graphic Design is easier to me, my brother does Graphic Designs and makes a lot of money, you have to be good. However for Upworks there are gigs, but you have to pay your dues and show a portfolio and bid for jobs. Programming is not easy as many have led people to believe. Anyone who does that is either running a BootCamp or a Developer relations.

With Indesigns, you can create report document for companies and manuals, with Figma you can get remote side gigs. It depends on how you find jobs. Just forget the Nigerian local market for design jobs unless you are discussing with startups.

My advice peace
Thank brother, i really appreciate your input.
Sir, do you recommend i start with Indesigns as a beginner.
Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by qtguru(m): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
jerus:

Thank brother, i really appreciate your input.
Sir, do you recommend i start with Indesigns as a beginner.
Youtube start from there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by jerus(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
qtguru:
Youtube start from there
Alright thanks
Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by qtguru(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
jerus:

Alright thanks

Once you learn it well, you can make good money by designing manuals or company journal on ThemeForest or Upworks

2 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not by Sheriman(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
Programming is really hard! really really hard if we must come out to say the plain truth. Programming is a life long learning job and a mental stressed work but it really worth it if you see the big Mula behind it. It is not for people who easily cheaken out of something.
We can't all be a programmer!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Have This Much Experience Before Age 17 / Alx Folks, You Guys Are Trying Oo. / Why Will NL Take The Food Cooked By Chefs To Front Page, But Never Tech Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.