Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus (11319 Views)

PDP NWC Submits Reports On Wike As NEC Meets Thursday / APC Governors Meet Buhari, Reject Consensus, Seek Indirect Primaries / PDP Convention: Governors Meet, Reject Consensus Candidature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Ademola47(m): 5:02am On Apr 24, 2022
2023: PDP NEC meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido reject consensus

The former Vice President and the aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, ex-governor of Jigawa State, Lamido Sule, have rejected the consensus arrangement of northern elders for the party primaries.

Northern Elders Forum, led by Prof Ango Abdullahi, selected consensus candidates, former senate president, Dr Bukola Saraki, former Managing Director, FSB International Bank, Mohammed Hayatu-Deen, out of the four governors, which included Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, and Governor of Bauchi State, Bala Mohammed, through the NEF report in Minna on Friday.

This is as the National Executive Committee of the PDP prepares to meet on Wednesday in Abuja to take a decision on the zoning of the presidency.

This was made known through a notice signed by the party’s National Secretary, Samuel Anyanwu.

Speaking on the consensus arrangement by the northern elders, Atiku notified his supporters that he did not subject himself to such deal organised by the NEF, and was therefore not bound to their selection of a candidate for the PDP.

Atiku spoke through a press statement by the Chairman of the Technical Committee for the Actualisation of Atiku Abubakar’s Presidency in 2023, TEECOM, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, on Saturday.

TEECOM’s statement read, “It must be stated categorically and equivocally that; Waziri Atiku Abubakar, the Vice President Federal Republic of Nigeria (from) 1999-2007 was never a part of this purported consensus arrangement, neither did he at any time nor in any place, subject himself to any purported consensus process.

“Therefore, Waziri Atiku Abubakar is not bound by any of the recommendations and conclusions of the purported report.”

It stressed that Atiku never believed in any consensus arrangement because it would further widen and deepen the regional, zonal, and ethno-religious “wounds that urgently need to be healed,” in the country.

Consensus by Northern Elders injurious-Sule Lamido

Similarly, ex-Jigawa State and chieftain of the PDP, Sule Lamido, said the selection of two consensus candidates by the NEF was not the position of the party, but “a personal opinion of those who issued the statement.”

The PDP chieftain lamented that “the position of the northern elders is not only injurious to the North but equally injurious to the northern aspirants”

A statement made available to one of our correspondents by Lamido on Saturday, said due consultations with members of the party across the 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory showed that the recent consensus arrangement did not represent the North.

He said there were current engagements by aspirants of the party to have a possible “national consensus” or an acrimony-free contest at the national convention.

Others were consulted on your behalf, Bauchi gov replies Lamido
But reacting, the Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, said it on his behalf.

Lamido had in a terse statement obtained by our Sunday PUNCH in Bauchi on Saturday said that it was a pity that Lamido wasn’t consulted before the endorsement.

“I have tremendous respect for Alhaji Sule Lamido as a former governor and as one who is leading former governors; he’s entitled to his own opinion. I don’t know what the northern elders used or who they have contacted to come up with the consensus and it is a pity if he was not consulted or if he was not contacted.

“However, he is not the only person in northern Nigeria and those that have been contacted have done the job on his behalf because such responsibility is always done on behalf of others but he is entitled to his own opinion. We respect him but even if he doesn’t endorse us, others have endorsed us,” he said.

“The choice of Saraki and I is for us to consult with other aspirants and come up with a candidate that will win the election for the PDP, a candidate that will rescue this country from the present maladministration we are experiencing.

Afenifere rejects arrangement

However, the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, has said the decision by some northern elders to endorse Saraki and Bala Mohammed as consensus candidates beat their imagination.

The group stressed that no group or section of the country was greater than Nigeria and her corporate existence.

In a statement sent to Sunday PUNCH titled “Northern Elders And Their Consensus Conundrum”, the group’s Secretary-General, Dr Sola Ebiseni, said the ‘‘abysmal failure of the Buhari regime, accentuated by sectional interest should have been enough lesson that the fortunes of any region are not necessarily directly proportional to having its people in power.’’

“They are deliberately oblivious of the indubitable history of Nigeria that the first executive ruler of Nigeria, Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, August 1957 to January 1966, was from the North-East and specifically Bauchi State and that most of the military heads of the Nigerian state were of the north Central origin.

“They are obviously not as perceptive as the leader of the Afenifere who has insisted, in spite of the preponderance of aspirants from his zone, that the net of equity be widely cast to fish from the sea that has never produced the ruler in the real sense.

“It beats the imagination that the northern elders would fervently seek to execute their northern agenda in the PDP which controls only five of its 19 States. The nation weights in the wings to see the outcome of this gerrymandering,” he wrote.

According to the group, the resolve of the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum that the next President of Nigeria, after Buhari’s eight years full term, should be a person of southern Nigerian origin, in the interest of equity, national sense of belonging and cohesion is the national consensus.

https://punchng.com/2023-pdp-nec-meets-wednesday-atiku-lamido-reject-consensus/

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 24, 2022
Consensus will never work,and they will not unite on the candidate selected. Allow everyone to contest,thats democracy..The same fate follows APC

8 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Felimax(m): 5:16am On Apr 24, 2022
Probably, at the end one of the consensus candidate will vice the choice from the South, preferably Southeast.

There is no better time to show how magnanimous we are by extending this hand to a credible hand from the Southeast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by courage89(m): 5:35am On Apr 24, 2022
Let’s see how this movie is going to end. The north feel like they can dictate to the rest of Nigeria. Impossible

5 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Tony4988(m): 5:38am On Apr 24, 2022
undecided undecided
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Mooh247: 5:58am On Apr 24, 2022
cool

No Consensus, No Microzoning

454 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by GooodHardDick: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Peter Obi For the ticket!!
Peter obi is the best man for the job.

I support Peter obi 100%

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Moferere: 6:11am On Apr 24, 2022
The way PDP is going about this thing ehnn. They will fail.

457 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Moferere: 6:12am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Peter Obi For the ticket!!
Peter obi is the best man for the job.

I support Peter obi 100%

If Peter garner 250 votes, remind me of this post.

470 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by GooodHardDick: 6:15am On Apr 24, 2022
Moferere:

Be informed that the entire south east, south south and south west are all massively voting for Peter Obi come 2023!

I'll urge you to get your PVC and follow suit. Let's get Nigeria working again!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by VictorUSA(m): 6:20am On Apr 24, 2022
The clown knows too well that he isn't a favourite.All these islamic terrorists with their islamic illitracy sef.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by money121(m): 6:22am On Apr 24, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by iCauseTrouble: 6:23am On Apr 24, 2022
They are scared Peter Obi will be the consensus candidate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Whothecapfits: 6:24am On Apr 24, 2022
North and Power Play
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by brightalo1010: 6:25am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:

Be informed that the entire south east, south south and south west are all massively voting for Peter Obi come 2023!

No be if he wins PDP primary election?

9 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Yibo(m): 6:26am On Apr 24, 2022
Probability of Peter Obi winning PDP primary election is .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

9 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Moferere: 6:26am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:

grin grin grin
You are a jester

458 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by CaptainAyub: 6:27am On Apr 24, 2022
Moferere:

Who are you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:28am On Apr 24, 2022
PDP for just dash us the billions wey them wan take contest election
Why waste precious time and resources?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by sokera: 6:30am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:

do you mean south - west PDP will vote Peter in primary or south -west will vote Peter in the general election ? Please clarify

8 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by sokera: 6:32am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:

I doubt Peter can even win in PDP not to talk of facing the likes of Tinubu and Osibanjo… d beating go sweet die

7 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by GooodHardDick: 6:33am On Apr 24, 2022
Moferere:

grin grin grin
You are a jester

Nothing like jester my brother.

Are you allergic to progress? Don't you want Nigeria working again? Leave tribalism aside.

I'll urge everyone out there to get their PVC's ready, let's come out in mass and vote Peter Obi come 2023.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On Apr 24, 2022
“It must be stated categorically and equivocally that; Waziri Atiku Abubakar, the Vice President Federal Republic of Nigeria (from) 1999-2007 was never a part of this purported consensus arrangement, neither did he at any time nor in any place, subject himself to any purported consensus process.

“Therefore, Waziri Atiku Abubakar is not bound by any of the recommendations and conclusions of the purported report.”

It stressed that Atiku never believed in any consensus arrangement because it would further widen and deepen the regional, zonal, and ethno-religious “wounds that urgently need to be healed,” in the country.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many Igbos still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos.
Odi nma. 

NOW ; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party.
The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Dem MANNA, AKA da truth in da building.

truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth........

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Yibo(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
They are scared Peter Obi will be the consensus candidate
I wish PDP give Obi its ticket and see how Fulani and Hausa will vote for him

3 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35am On Apr 24, 2022
Igbo:
I wish PDP give Obi its ticket and see how Fulani and Hausa will vote for him
Stop yarning nonsense mr 'your moniker'!

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by olaboy33(m): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2022
."Have I ever failed to get the ticket"?

The gang up is against the man who said the above

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by frenzzy2(m): 6:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Moferere:

if it even get to 250votes people are just looking down on wike

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Gozac: 6:47am On Apr 24, 2022
Mooh247:
No Consensus, No Microzoning
What's your fear over consensus? Consensus has been working very well in Lagos over the years I don't see anything wrong in the rest of the country taking a queue from Lagos
Lagos remains the center of excellence and a trail blazer
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by Gozac: 6:49am On Apr 24, 2022
olaboy33:
."Have I ever failed to get the ticket"?

The gang up is against the man who said the above
This same treatment awaits the man that wants to achieve " lifelong ambition" in APC
May 30,31 and June 1 remains sacrosanct
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by chukwuibuipob: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2022
angry pa Atiaku should go and sidon
Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by zelnababa(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2022
GooodHardDick:

hmmm no be only Peter obi na Mikel obi.

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus by AdeniyiA(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Meanwhile the country is on fire, nothing is working, hunger is widespread, these useless and visionless looters are planning for the future they know not, of which they could be consumed by the fire they caused in the land.
We shall see how the elections would hold angry undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Refineries Plan Supply To 150,000 IPMAN Stations / Ideas For Solving Traffic Congestion In Lagos / Ensure Nigerians Sleep With Their Eyes Closed, Buhari Tasks Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.