Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? (5811 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by hopexter(m): 10:36am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:
Why are some Christians not following Jesus closely?

You that is following him bumper to bumper, where’s his present location
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Angelfrost(m): 10:36am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:

They aren't Christians... Christianity is about being exactly like Christ in words and deed!

You can't be like Christ in words and deeds if you don't follow him closely and intimately.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Cutehector(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2022
I advised a christian to forgive

Lai lai she said she will not forgive.

I weak.. Abeg i am done.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2022
ok

Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by IbileIfe: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2022
They don't have any relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by ejimatic: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:
. Religion has become a lucrative business.The more you deviate the more you make money! Jesus preached from door to door how many churches are doing this today? 2 Are Most Revd Most Senior Apostle ..Baba Ijo Iya Ijo etc in the Bible and in the First Century congregations established by Jesus? 3 Did Christians in post Jesus era pay tithes? 4 Did first century chritians have three wives or two wives? 5. How many churches today use the Bible in thier teachings? 6 Are the church jamborees today established by Jesus? True christianinty is about preaching about God's kingdom and living life of devotion to God. Regrettably as prophesied by Jesus there are imitation christians today
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by juman(m): 10:44am On Apr 24, 2022
Rather follow sango, oya, ogun etc.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
Because they are not Christians. They are FAKE Christians
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Heterodox(m): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
Do you even know what is to follow Jesus.

The core teachings and techniques of Jesus are not even in the bible.

The secrets of his miracles, his growth.

I guess to you following Jesus means obeying the bible.

If that is it, everyone is following Jesus.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Karmatyra(f): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Christians know very well that the idiotic pacifism thought by Jesus is impossible. They can't ever follow his teachings. They just love to talk about how their Jesus talked about love. They will tell you that you are to love your enemies, love your neighbors as your self, turn the other cheek and the other nonsense Jesus said they should do that they NEVER follow. They only talk about it. Jesus went as far as saying that if a person takes your shirt you are to give him your coat. He encouraged his followers to run away when prosecuted instead of fighting back.

The new testament is filled with idiotic pasifism that no christian ever follows. They NEVER follow it. They only keep repeating it like robots. They know very well that it is all nonsense and impossible to follow any of the nonsense Jesus said.
This is because Christ did not come with a brutal force of conquest. He came with the good news. There is no force greater than love on earth! You can fight and retaliate till tomorrow and never get to live in peace if you do not let go! Any other message contrary to this is false. You know it deep down,I know it deep down. Do me I do you will never work!!!!
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by nauto: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Because they are not Christians.

They are Pharisees
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by paltielx: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
Most of them are mostly discouraged by what their so called men of God are doing, those hypocrite preach B and does C
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by sandra50(f): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
Why should we,is he God?it's better you follow your on ancestors well than a white man..he was a prophet and not God..Jesus can never be my God,I'm done with the lies the white people brought for us..my creator is my God and he is not the one on the pictures you kneel to.
Omooba77:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Kingv(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Christians know very well that the idiotic pacifism thought by Jesus is impossible. They can't ever follow his teachings. They just love to talk about how their Jesus talked about love. They will tell you that you are to love your enemies, love your neighbors as your self, turn the other cheek and the other nonsense Jesus said they should do that they NEVER follow. They only talk about it. Jesus went as far as saying that if a person takes your shirt you are to give him your coat. He encouraged his followers to run away when prosecuted instead of fighting back.

The new testament is filled with idiotic pasifism that no christian ever follows. They NEVER follow it. They only keep repeating it like robots. They know very well that it is all nonsense and impossible to follow any of the nonsense Jesus said.

May God in His infinite mercy bring you out of darkness into His marvelous light. The hate is just too much.

If you must know, all that it takes to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ precept by precept is the “Holy Spirit”
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:
Simple, it is absolute lunacy and fetish to follow the dead.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:

Dem no feature WANDECOAL ni...
BUMPER²BUMPER angry
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Aboki99(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2022
No Christians follows Jesus closely. If they do they will not be singing and dancing in a Church for what they wrongly believe to be worship. Instead, they will be praying as Jesus himself did Mathew 26 v 39, that is,

"Going a little further, he (Jesus) fell on his face and prayed"

Jesus also disproved his being called good much less God. His reply was " there is only one that is good, that is God". So stop calling him God to be close to him. In fact, Jesus unequivocally said "my father is greater than I". So why do you believe > is the same as = ?
Women followers of Christ wore veil, why do your mothers, daughters and sisters wear mini skirt to church?

So no Christians of today have NOTHING to do with Jesus. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by jaxxy(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I have been trying, but carnality thoughts keep drawing me back

u are human. even some pastors and so called pastors have more canal thoughts than u. it is how u correct and build urself that matters.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by jaxxy(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:

distractions basically. undecided
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2022
This was today’s topic in the Open Heavens devotional manual. It was a moment of deep reflection for me.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Kdon2: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:

Because they were told Jesus has answer to all things yet he refuse to solve their problems
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Mariangeles(f): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

You know, being indifferent will give you some peace, while hate will only consume you.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by prizeless(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2022
It's time to kill those thoughts before it kills you
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I have been trying, but carnality thoughts keep drawing me back
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by ButterBurger: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Not only some, almost all if not all self.
They are all hypocrites, they're not following him.
They neither act or lives like him
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by hopefulLandlord: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Mariangeles:

You know, being indifferent will give you some peace, while hate will only consume you.

There are things you hate. must be consuming you too. innit?
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by iramure(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Everything about jesus is fiction
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by writeprof(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

What you interpreted as "idiotic pacifism" is the foundation of Christianity and it is meant to make a Christian to RELY on the HOLY SPIRIT and not on SELF.

The Christian love is anchored on OVERCOMING SELF(ISHNESS) and to focus on God. Read Jesus Christ response to a question:

Matthew 22:36-40 KJV
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These are the goals of the Christian life... attaining the state of heart that loves God and man unconditionally. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Mariangeles(f): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

There are things you hate. must be consuming you too. innit?

No. Hate is a waste of energy.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by Edyice: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
Simply Because they don't read the bible, they only listen to men of God. And many men of God are fraud, fake , and they don't study the word ..

The few real men of God who teach the good news are hard to locate.

When you meet the person that explains the bible to you in good content. You will see and now the truth , even get to see fake and fraud pastors with ease..
Re: Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? by phemmyfour: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
Omooba77:
Not an easy task.

His teachings are hard

Jn 6:60-69

On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

61Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit e and life. 64Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IN WHOSE/WHAT'S IMAGE ARE THESE CHILDREN CREATED? MAN FIXING GOD / GOODBYE TO YOU ALL / Three Things You Need To Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.