Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes (8207 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good day, Fellas. Why do some people assume that that those christians who suffers misfortunes are not christians or their ways aren't pure or straight b4 God? Even many fellow Xtians do assume that way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Opeyemiextra(f): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
It's lack of deep knowledge of the workings of God.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Sanmel(f): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
Hmmmm... Preach on Preacher smiley

8 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
Some years ago while i was still experiencing hell on earth like financial hardship and hunger strike. It got a point that i became sick. I rarely find food to eat or eat well. Though, i was committed to the things of God. Some folks who barely know what i was going tru then started assuming that my experience was as a result of my laziness, some even said that i was suffering because i have deviated from the ways of the Lord. Even in the church, some folks also assumed that way. I just kept mute and was just looking at them.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by tobechi74: 8:12am On Dec 05, 2021
Religion is not going to help you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by kazyhm(m): 8:17am On Dec 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why do some people assume that that those christians who suffers misfortunes are not christians or their ways aren't pure or straight b4 God? Even many fellow Xtians do assume that way.
Christianity doesn't have a standard interpretation of the word of the bible, no harmonized standard way of life hence every factions/ denominations have some part of the bible to justify their idea or knowledge of whatever life throw at their members.

Additionally, Bible is such a detail book that can be use to justify anything and everything depending on the point you want to score....Bible is your best friend, it will always support your claims.

24 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2021
tobechi74:
Religion is not going to help you
What will help me bro?

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by EnemyofGod22(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2021
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by HighWITCH: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2021
Simple... Cognitive dissonance.

3 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by DropsMic(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2021
Africa is proof that religion is not all that's painted to be

Na we pray pass, yet na we wicked pass.
Na we pray pass, yet na we suffer pass.
Na we pray pass, yet na we hate pass.

We all claim to love God, but in reality the only thing we love in this region is ourselves. That's why patriotism is non existent, loyalty is scarce and integrity is almost becoming extinct.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Houseofglam7(f): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2021
undecided
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Crusadee: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2021
grin
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by kingxsamz(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2021
Why do religious folks think their problems will disappear when they involve their gods?

7 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by seyz91(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy
EnemyofGod22:

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by hopefulLandlord: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2021
Because most preachers preach to non Christians that whatever problem(s) they have is because they don't believe in Jesus and that giving their lives to Christ is the solution

When you hear preachers preaching they'll tell you about how your life in Jesus would be sweet, how all your problems would go away or at least your life would improve if you accept a Jew killed by three nails in a Small Israeli village aeons ago died for your sins. This is what preachers and evangelists preach. Infact they'll say the issues you're going through are there because you lack Jesus and haven't given your life to him, they use real life examples like
"You've been struggling and can't make ends meet"
"Your mates are making it and they've left you behind"
"your marriage has been barren, no children"
"You can't get a spouse, they're all turning your proposals down or they're not proposing (for the women)"
"you lost your job"
"You're fighting a disease, your health is deteriorating. doctors have given you just a few more years to live"

They tell listeners Jesus is the answer, they'll then cite examples of people who've been married for years with no children but pregnancy came almost as soon as they gave their lives to Christ. examples of people who's business boomed as soon as they accepted Jewish mythology. They'll talk about a jobless person who got a high paying job as soon as he accepted zombies rose out of their graves and walked around Jerusalem. They'll talk about how they drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank because they believed Jesus flew bodily out of earth

They'll spice it up with "testimony time" where people would come out and say they dodged a bullet by the power of a Jew amongst many other ridiculous stories

This is the Christianity preachers and evangelists sell to the non Christians and they get a few members here and there from such messages but such converts finds out very quickly that this new Awesome life in Christ falls far short of some kind of divinely orchestrated masterpiece. They have that sickness, their businesses are still failing, they still haven't gotten the child, their marriage is still unloving, still no fiancé or fiancée, still can't get jobs etc. infact their problems didn't disappear but probably got worse. Jesus is supposed to be divinely guiding their new lives from morning pee to dreamland and everything in between, but it seems that the Christians have a "plain ole life" just like all the heathen and unbelievers. infact there's NO difference between their former lives and this new one

I'm of the opinion that those Christians that think the way these preachers package and sell Christianity is wrong owe it to Jesus to pushback against it and call out these preachers for not preaching the way its supposed to be. But they won't do that, why? I have a theory. its the same reason adverts of most drugs talk about what sickness the drug would cure but its when you buy it that you see its side effects in barely visible fine print on the container of the drug. its the same reason fast food companies print unrealistic pictures of burgers, looking "sexy" and 100000% bigger than its life size. Its the same reason designer clothing companies Photoshop their models to make them look unrealistically sexy in their clothes etc Christianity is just another business and lies are welcome cuz the end justifies the means.....just like most of the pharmaceutical, fast food and clothing businesses

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Mixial: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2021
Even the so called people that assumed
Suffered misfortune in one way or the other

4 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by gabazin080(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2021
EnemyofGod22:

you are a confused human. your moniker says enemy of god. why are you an enemy of what doesn't exist

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Sonnobax15(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
The God wey I know reach heaven dey always work in mysterious ways...

As for anybody wey get mind say God doesn't exist,na that person know shocked. But as for me and my generation yet unborn,we go always live to serve the living God wey settle down create the heavens and earth...

17 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by floss(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2021
Hmm...
For me suffering is not a good thing at all, it's a sign of misfortune and you are being punished for an error you committed directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Amotolongbo(f): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2021
Confused set of people

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Abdulsaddiq: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2021
Not only Christian

3 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by RadioMOUTH(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2021

Religion... such a stupid thing
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by lavenjcrown(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2021
So what about how? Are still facing the hardship?
Truvelisback:
Some years ago while i was still experiencing hell on earth like financial hardship and hunger strike. It got a point that i became sick. I rarely find food to eat or eat well. Though, i was committed to the things of God. Some folks who barely know what i was going tru then started assuming that my experience was as a result of my laziness, some even said that i was suffering because i have deviated from the ways of the Lord. Even in the church, some folks also assumed that way. I just kept mute and was just looking at them.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by paskal16: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2021
Omo just put it this way life is not fair

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by AfriNotesNEWS: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2021
I once went to my church.. wanted to see the Pst..

Things are not going so well with me and my family then..so I needed prayer as a believe prayer will do alot in solving most of the issue

So after Sunday service..I walk to see Pst..it was a Big Church.. among top 5 biggest Church in Nigeria

But I was stop by one of the Pastor..who offered to hear from me reasons why I wanted to see senior Pst

So he asked me..why do you want to see the Pst...

I told him..I need prayer

So he ask me what was wrong

I took my time to details to him what am passing through.. I just graduate from University and will leaving to NYSC and more over my family are passing through difficult time.. we just lost our a years plus ago

I was surprised after telling the Pastor all this..

Only for the Pst to ask me.. Am my a tither?

I answered, Yes I'm..I do pay my tithe

So he ask again. Have ever eaten you tither before.. I mean are you a faithful tithers.

And I told him, I was not...am a student..before now.. some time I eat my tithe

So the Pst conclusion was.. my problem and that of my family. Was because am not a faithful tither

That I don't need prayer, but consistent and faithful in tithing...

After hearing this..I failed off. Went into deep depression. Start regretting all the tithe I have eaten..

Including the 100 naira profit I once made..which I eat the 10 naira tithe fee on it

This regret and depression never go a way so soon. It stays with me for years..not until I came to the knowledge of tithe.

May God continue to help us

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by paskal16: 9:54am On Dec 05, 2021
gabazin080:
you are a confused human.
your moniker says enemy of god.
why are you an enemy of what doesn't exist
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Franking: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Workings of which God? Y'all like to defend what u know little about.

Can someone, please, explain why a christian will or should have misfortunes.

5 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2021
HighWITCH:
Simple... Cognitive dissonance.
Love the moniker

2 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Omniman(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / I Am An Atheist, A Proud One. / Good Friday: It Is Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.