Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? (975 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by vikinatius(m): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2022
We keep complaining of bad leaders. At the same time, we complain if a pastor involve in politics.
I think clerics should be welcomed into top political positions because through them, God will be pleased to save our nation.

WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS MATTER?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by MadamVanessa(f): 9:03am On Apr 24, 2022
shocked

Pastors are the biggest scammer of all time. The only people should give chance are traditional worshippers like me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by EmptyGarden(m): 9:05am On Apr 24, 2022
Since it has become impossible to separate Politics and Politicians from Lies and Deceit, then I think it'll be extremely difficult for a genuine Pastor to cope or thrive in Politics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by vikinatius(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Pastors are the biggest scammer of all time. The only people should give chance are traditional worshippers like me.

Pastors are not scammers but some men disguised as pastors are.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by AntiChristian: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2022
Why was Jesus not a politician contesting against the tops of his time?

He was busy facing what he was sent to do.

I wonder who the pastor's role model will be. Jesus or Satan.

In John 6:15, Jesus ran away when they want to forcefully make him king.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by ChocolateWine(f): 9:37am On Apr 24, 2022
The ruler of this world is satan

1 John 5:19

John 14:10
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:39am On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:
..., God will be pleased to save our nation.

TOO LATE!

IT IS OVER!

MEN HAVE FAILED TO MINISTER TO THEMSELVES WELL.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Because, He Already Rules. He is not a man.

That was not His Mission. In fact, if men had done well, The Lord would not have come down.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Righthussle: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2022
Pastor and politician na the same thing na.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by paltielx: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:
We keep complaining of bad leaders. At the same time, we complain if a pastor involve in politics.
I think clerics should be welcomed into top political positions because through them, God will be pleased to save our nation.

It will makes things worst, Jesus came to the earth at a time his nation was under the Roman control, his people thought that the messiah was to come and liberate them from the Roman oppression. However when Jesus came he did not do any of that. Instead he focus his life on helping them to return to God, and even when they wanted to make him king because of the powerful signs he used to performed, John 6:15 reports that he escaped. On the final night of his life he told pilate who asked him if he is the king of the Jews that his kingdom is not of this world. So if Jesus' kingdom is not of this world why should a so called pastor be aspiring for a political office in a kingdom not of his master? Any Religious leader seeking for a political office is not from God

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by vikinatius(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
paltielx:
It will makes things worst, Jesus came to the earth at a time his nation was under the Roman control, his people thought that the messiah was to come and liberate them from the Roman oppression. However when Jesus came he did not do any of that. Instead he focus his life on helping them to return to God, and even when they wanted to make him king because of the powerful signs he used to performed, John 6:15 reports that he escaped. On the final night of his life he told pilate who asked him if he is the king of the Jews that his kingdom is not of this world. So if Jesus' kingdom is not of this world why should a so called pastor be aspiring for a political office in a kingdom not of his master? Any Religious leader seeking for a political office is not from God

NICE!
But you know that God can do as He pleases.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
A true Christian is enough. Mustn't be a pastor.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by ChocolateWine(f): 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:

NICE!
But you know that God can do as He pleases.

No, they're things he can't do. God cannot lie. He cannot pervert justice. He can't sin etc.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

I don teach you so tey you com dey preach Jesus, even quoting the scriptures with it's practical application, this is wonderful! smiley
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Image123(m): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:

A "called" pastor to pick another call? No. An administrative pastor can be a politician, though any Christian in politics is likely to get his hands soiled. It's the way it is. There are true Christians in government all over the world though.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:

It is a sin for anyone who claims to be of the Kingdom of God to also work as a politician - Matthew 20 vs 20 - 28 and Mark 10 vs 35- 45 undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
EmptyGarden:
Since it has become impossible to separate Politics and Politicians from Lies and Deceit, then I think it'll be extremely difficult for a genuine Pastor to cope or thrive in Politics.
Aside from all that which is obvious, Jesus Christ Himself declared it sin for any of His own to work or rule over others in that manner. - Matthew 20 vs 20 - 28 & Mark 10 vs 35 - 45 undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:
Pastors are not scammers but some men disguised as pastors are.
They are all liars - the very false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned you to avoid. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by thankgod460(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
vikinatius:

Politics is like a call, if he/she is politically inclined and it will not affect his/her ministry, I think he/she is good to go.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
thankgod460:
Politics is like a call, if he/she is politically inclined and it will not affect his/her ministry, I think he/she is good to go.
A call from whom? Does God contradict Himself?, undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by AntiChristian: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I don teach you so tey you com dey preach Jesus, even quoting the scriptures with it's practical application, this is wonderful! smiley

You teach me?

Where?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:51am On Apr 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

You teach me?
Where?
Don't worry just continue preaching Jesus, it's a welcomed development! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by AntiChristian: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't worry just continue preaching Jesus, it's a welcomed development! smiley

No be Jesus of 1914 that came with Lord Lugard o!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Ken4Christ: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2022
vikinatius:

There is nothing wrong but not all Pastors are honest. The scripture says that;

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Notice, it did not say, If the righteous are in authority but it said, when the righteous are in authority.

We are the one who should be ruling. But we have left it to the wicked and this is why we are mourning. But it's not too late.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by vikinatius(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Notice, it did not say, If the righteous are in authority but it said, when the righteous are in authority.

We are the one who should be ruling. But we have left it to the wicked and this is why we are mourning. But it's not too late.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Ken4Christ: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
vikinatius:

Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

No be Jesus of 1914 that came with Lord Lugard o!
But has there ever been a time when any Muslim preached about Jesus' abstinence from politics before 1914?
So if you a Muslim now quote Jesus' speech and applied it to abstinence from politics, then it's the same Jesus who returned in 1914 that you are preaching not the one misinformed religionists claiming Christians have been preaching yet struggling for political offices as CHRISTIANS (followers of Christ) wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by AntiChristian: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But has there ever been a time when any Muslim preached about Jesus' abstinence from politics before 1914?
So if you a Muslim now quote Jesus' speech and applied it to abstinence from politics, then it's the same Jesus who returned in 1914 that you are preaching not the one misinformed religionists claiming Christians have been preaching yet struggling for political offices as CHRISTIANS (followers of Christ) wink

We were informed in the Qur'an about Jesus. No Politics.

I think you remember the blunders you made when discussing about Moses and Jesus similarities. Moses was political unlike Jesus who was apolitical.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
AntiChristian:

We were informed in the Qur'an about Jesus. No Politics.
I think you remember the blunders you made when discussing about Moses and Jesus similarities. Moses was political unlike Jesus who was apolitical.

You got it totally wrong Sir!

Political means deciding what should be in the midst of a multitude: while Moses is only following the laid down rules from the God of Israel just like any other Israelite.
So how do you call that political? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Who are the honest pastors? List them out and let us know. Then, explain on what criteria are they honest using the scriptures.

Is it honesty to take the offerings and tithes collected from widows and orphans to purchase fleets of luxury private jets while the widows cannot feed?

Ken4Christ:

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by thankgod460(m): 5:56am On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A call from whom? Does God contradict Himself?, undecided
God never contradict Himself, just a comparison. Not everybody engage in politics, similarly with the ministry work.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You got it totally wrong Sir!

Political means deciding what should be in the midst of a multitude: while Moses is only following the laid down rules from the God of Israel just like any other Israelite.
So how do you call that political? cheesy

Politics is the activities associated with the governance of a country or area, especially the debate between parties having power.

Who has at least a tiny little (pardon my tautology) bit of this politics between Moses and Jesus?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Follow Jesus But Not Be Called A Christian? / Where To Buy Sea Salt For Prayers / Do You Believe In Sainthood ? Pope To Canonize First Brazilian Saint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.