Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? (20068 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ThompsonJoo: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2023
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by TemplarLandry: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2023
If idol worshipping isn't involved, it's okay.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by vdestro: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
If yes why?

Depends on if chieftancy title is just a mere public gratitude being given in recognition of the righteousness of the Christian with no other meaning or ritual behind it. Which is where a plaque is sufficient, and i know my guy will throw it away, as he reaches his house

For a Christian knows to run away from the praises of men!

So, as usual, churchgoers may take it, but a christian knows he has the best honour greater than a chief, so he does not need a lesser title! It is even an insult.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by AntiChristian: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2023
Of course, Jesus was tittled "King of the Jews" despite no coronation!

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
If yes why?
if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by vdestro: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.

Talk true, you meant to say he is your god? Role model is just your coded way of saying god since you know that if you say so, you don finish everything.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by orisa37: 9:55am On Jul 02, 2023
NO.
IT'S A CHANNEL FOR TEACHING RUTHLESSNESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE GOOD CULTURE OF THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM IF YOU DON'T JOIN THEM. SO JOIN THEM TO TEACH THE CULTURE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PerfectJUSTICE: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2023
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by NoahHadNoArk: 10:14am On Jul 02, 2023
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise, refuse and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?

196 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Scammerr(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2023
No

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by slawomir: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Not wrong

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Brendaniel: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2023
Firstly let us look at what title exactly is, titles are just a form of recognitions, you can have an academic or Honorary title like Dr, Engr and so on while you can also get reconised by the government with titles like CFR, MON and so on, now ask yourself are these titles bad for a christian, I'm sure your answer will be NO

Now let's talk about the traditional titles, like I have explained up there, these titles are a form recognition however if the the traditional title has some form of allegiance to a deity or gods, then the title is not a good one.

So basically for a traditional title there are certain things to consider before taking them.

1. The process of getting the title, it must be a clean process devoid of evil.

2. The title should not pledge allegiance to any god or deity.

3. The title should not take you away or affect your service to God as a Christian like having responsities because of the title that takes your time you should be using to serve God away.

Basically, titles that meet the requirements for you as a Christian should not be a problem, if your country can give you a title for doing service to it, why can't your village give you title for your service to it as long as it is not anyway attached to any traditional worship and doesn't affect your Christian faith or work with God, it is like saying a Christian should not be a king of his community....

Modified

The problem with most traditional titles in Nigeria is that most traditions have a god or deity attached to it, for that reason it makes it difficult to see a title without that attachment, so as a Christian it might be very difficult for you to see a title devoid of this attachment which in turn makes it hard for you to get a title.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ThinkSmarter: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2023
It depends on the type of Christian you asked.
Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, etc will be okay with it.
But Deeper Life, Lord`s Chosen, JW.org, etc frowns at that.

24 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by DanielsParker(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2023
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2023
No although it depends, I know Reverend fathers who are traditional title holders, infact one of them is a double chief who received titles from 2 notable Monarchs. Its not wrong, 99% of all our Delta chiefs are Christians and few Muslim too. In our zone as you're being given the title you must entertain the king and the Spirits of Kings and dance for them 3 times before finally dancing out with your people in celebration as a true Chief and on Sunday Thanksgiving is done in church to celebrate and appreciate God for a successful Chieftaincy title ceremony.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by TooMuchStuff: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2023
The Rituals make the difference.
Most people of my Niger Delta are meant to join Ogboni or some Orders to join the Chiefs. As a Christian ✝️ you don't join the coven of witchcraft in order to be an Elite of a community.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Chyma231(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2023
[quote author=YinkaOlusesi16 post=124159314]if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.[ is Baba adaboye God Una too dey believe una daddy GO ]

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by id4sho(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2023
Shey Jewish culture is better than your culture lipsrsealed
Collect Jewish bride price next time undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ibechris(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2023
Nothing wrong...just like saying, it is wrong to engage in Traditional marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by OriOko88(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2023
cool
No. there's nothing bad in it. I think biblical title like John the Baptist,Simon Peter,Also known as Cephas or Rock sound more like chieftaincy titles.

Even the church found fathers like Jerome of Antioch,Augustine of hippo, James the just( the brother of Jesus) all sounded like chieftaincy titles. And I don't recall any passage in d bible that speaks against chieftaincy titles.

The only reason Nigeria Christians have reservations against it is the diabolical rites that are involved,especially in Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Spirit247: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2023
Not bad, if no occult things involved.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by wolesmile(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2023
Here we go again.
Even those that brought the religion to us take traditional titles, with sacrifices made before their coronation.
They have dukes and duchess. They have Earls. Even their Lords and Ladies are their traditional titles. Even if most of us were not yet born when Elizabeth III was crowned, we all witnessed the sacrifices that went down in the course of her burial and crowning of the new king. After all, some parts, if not all, was transmitted live. And they called the king the head of the church.
But now we are more religious than those that brought the religion to us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by odigbosky(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2023
No

I hope someday to recieve a title from my monarch the Oba of Benin. I and my family will gladly dance before our King and reaffirm our loyalty to him. To serve him all the days of our lives.

I will teach my Children to Obey and serve the King with all their heart. To Obey him at all times. For the Oba is the representative of God on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by vdestro: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?

You are the one wounding yourself. If we can't take chieftancy in our backyard, we can not travel far to take boy-boy title from anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by romeocares2: 10:29am On Jul 02, 2023
Traditional Titles are awards given in recognition of performance. Reward for excellence. Nothing wrong with it. MICOOP Africa
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by otomatic(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2023
All those knights, Lords, Dukes and Earls no be Chieftaincy titles for the people wey bring Christianity come our land?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by schoolboymatt(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God

I'm lost...how does this relate

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2023
Lol.... Even the Knighthood, and other MAN MADE ceremonial titles like Reverend, Canon, Bishop, Daddy G.O, given by the church na scam

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Mindlog: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2023
No. Even Catholic Priests gets Chieftaincy titles in Igbo land.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Georgejeez: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2023
Of course , yes
Once I make small money I collect Chieftaincy title , then God will just call me , I open Church .
I will then be the first G.O who is a Chief .

Imagine I being called to come and preach on the alter and the intro will be like " People of God , stand up on your feet as we make welcome our Spiritual father , Gods general and Founder of this great Church ,,, help me make welcome to the pulpit ,,,, Chief,Arch Bishop , Dr ........... ............ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
E go too sweet

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Special Name Do You Call God? / 666 Are We This Close? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.