Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

A Good It Training - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / A Good It Training (675 Views)

My Ordeal Experience @niit,aptech And New Horizon IT Training Center. / Register For The Cloneshouse Nigeria It Training Boot Camp In Abuja/lagos / IT Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good It Training by Tiana155(f): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Hello everybody, i need to further my education in the area of IT. I read linguistics in the university, i need to know what course (certification) wil be necessary for my discipline. Your respons will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: A Good It Training by yamakuza: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
You dont really have to tie your IT certification to your degree. If you find a specialty you have passion for and can excel in and get certified in that, being a graduate is all good.

Do you enjoy using computers? What productive tasks are you best at? Follow that line.

Having said that, you might want to combine graphics and animation with linguistics and target ad agencies; or do ccna, itil, project mgt and target telcos as a call center supervisor.

Who knows, you might even pick up computer languages fast, so dont be scared to go for oracle+java too!

www.google.com.ng/cse?cx=partner-pub-6465801557104924%3Abko28ysgdng&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=linguistics+it+course+certification&sa=Search&siteurl=www.nairaland.com%2Fnigeria%2Fboard-29.64.html

1 Like

Re: A Good It Training by Tiana155(f): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2011
Thank you very much @yamakuza. I appreaciate your response. I have a big flare for computational linguistics. Give me a lead please. Cheers.
Re: A Good It Training by yamakuza: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
In Nigeria? Uhmn, ehm, stutters

why that narrow a choice? Since u said u have a flair for it, u must have done it before. How and where?

U should have put this in the main career section, where it will get more views and hopefully someone will be able to shed more light on 'computational linguistics in 9ja'

will try and ask d mod to move this

any other flairs or leanings?
Re: A Good It Training by yamakuza: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
Check this article:

www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/abubakar-jimoh/the-impact-of-linguistics-in-modern-computing-2.html

I think you should go for Oracle PL/SQL + Java and target Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence roles.
Re: A Good It Training by Tiana155(f): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
You don't think there's hope to build computational linguistics in Nigeria? I followed the link you gave and it enlightened me more, you know linguistics is all about language study, so basically computer has a language also, so it is this area i want to focus. To your question sincerly speaking i have not done any real comp/ling. But i am very good at my discipline. Thanks. smiley
Re: A Good It Training by yamakuza: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
Didnt know our government was that concerned, or that businesses considered it hotcake.

I mean, its not mainstream.

So, is it safe to assume you now want to delve into computer programming, database management and data analysis?

You might also want to consider Microsoft's MCITP: Business Intelligence and maybe some Data Analytics training? Saw a post on DA training somewhere in the career section.
Re: A Good It Training by AjanleKoko: 1:23am On Jul 14, 2011
I was just thinking: Maybe OP can pursue a career in IVR and other voice-control or voice activation systems, text to speech, and other IT services driven by voice commands.
IVR means interactive voice response.
But first he has to learn IT. I'd vote for CompTIA A+ as a starting point.

yamakuza:

Check this article:

www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/abubakar-jimoh/the-impact-of-linguistics-in-modern-computing-2.html

Software engineering borrows a lot from linguistics in the formulation of language structure and syntax.
If that's what you wanna do, I'm afraid you need to probably go abroad and do postgrad in those areas. Nigeria has nothing to offer you along those lines for now.
Re: A Good It Training by yamakuza: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2011
^ true that.

IVR is cool, and can also be applied to voice navigation and learning aids.

If she wants to pursue that line, I'd recommend TTC Mobile. They have a course that covers A+, N+, S+, CCNA, VOIP, PABX, Asterix and more.

www.naijatechguide..com/2008/07/ttc-mobile-ittelecoms-trainee-engineer.html

www.ttcmobileworld.com

this 2k5 workshop might be a good place for starters on IVR:

www.kittechnologies.com/ipbx.htm

(1) (Reply)

You Dont Need B.sc Statistics: <7days Can Be Professional Data Analyst / Introduction to Safety Mgt Training For Job Seekers / Get The Skill, Get Your Dream Job In Oil Company & Multinationals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.