Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? (53786 Views)

Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos) / Wode Maya: Namibia Is The Dubai Of Africa / Kenya Stowaway Falls Off KQ Flight From Nairobi To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by SmartyPants(m): 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
nony43:

Yes, let our Abuja be the most neatest city first in Africa then we can talk.

There is nothing to talk about. Cleanliness is only one metric to consider and it is not even a major one because Abuja is quite clean. The degrees of difference don't make enough of a difference, especially when this particular discussion is about architectural and other aspects of infrastructural beauty.

But of course this is all subjective so it's fair enough it you prefer Kigali.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by anonimi: 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
shortIGBOman:
These are true pictures of Onitsha. The City with the biggest slums in Africa.

When did better people start doing competition of the biggest slum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by frog12: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
meet KENYANS and you'll see that they speak better ENGLISH than NIGERIANS.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by anonimi: 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Everything About Lagos no be hype. That idiot na kenya. Lagos beat Nairobi hands down.

Lagos beat Nairobi in water supply, electricity, free primary schools or beat in what exactly

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Earthquakes: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
Starzo:
if u see pics of some places in Abuja you won't believe it's Nigeria. So drop all this talk. Those pics mean nothing

PS. @op it seems like this your post is more about dissing Lagos than actually showing the developmental strides being taken in far way Kenya (Nairobi to be specific)

I'm beginning to believe what Yoruba people say about igbos envying Lagos.

Is it the same Lagos that Igbos have lion share at they are envying??
Bros travel and see for yourself and you will be ashamed of Nigeria not just Lagos.
I have been to Nairobi twice and it's a nice place man

Stop it,it's not a good thing.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by frog12: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
these your pictures are graphics. not REAL

Kuruptnigga:
Everything About Lagos no be hype. That idiot na kenya. Lagos beat Nairobi hands down.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kuruptnigga: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
anonimi:

Lagos beat Nairobi in water supply, electricity, free primary schools or beat in what exactly
Nairobi lacks all those things you just mention my friend. Don’t be decieved bro. Kenya as a whole is a shambolic shithole.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ebubu:
Is it finer than Abakaliki in Ebonyi state?

You are showing colored lights.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kuruptnigga: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
frog12:
these your pictures are graphics. not REAL

theres nothing like graphics there. They’re fvcking real. E shock you abi grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by anonimi: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Nairobi lacks all those things you just mention my friend. Don’t be decieved bro. Kenya as a whole is a shambolic shithole.

Lacks them MORE than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kuruptnigga: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
shogsman:

You want to kill us, Abuja ke, comparing it to Kigali is like comparing Everton to Madrid,from the landscape to the scenery and building architecture Abuja doesn't even come close.
What more it is the cleanest city in the world
Abuja beats kigali anytime anyday. They’re not even mate. Kigali is a overhype village. Can’t even match port harcourt.

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by uniquelyspecial(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
MrTed:
That is why we need Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the President in 2023. He's the founder of the New Lagos. He's a builder, planner and creator of new frontiers. Imagine what will happen to Nigeria when he in charge. I pray he leads us in 2023. Amen
And I several other well-meaning Nigerians pray that God doesn't answer your prayer.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by essentialone(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kenya is presently among the 5 overall best countries in Africa.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by mrkings84(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Kenyans are doing great things in their country.

They’re doing so without noise.

Some pictures of modern houses in Kenya is surreal

Lagos Nigeria should humble themselves

Those buildings look too sophisticated to be cited in Africa.

WeldonKenya!!
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
hopeforcharles:

Nigeria got swags too forget

swag where?
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by lexy2014: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Kenyans are doing great things in their country.

They’re doing so without noise.

Some pictures of modern houses in Kenya is surreal

Lagos Nigeria should humble themselves

how does dubai come into this discussion?

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Starzo: 3:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
Coly2012:
Igbo people can't envy Lagos cus Igbo made Lagos what it's today to a large extent. You don't envy what you built, you only admire it.
carry that same energy and go build the east
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by SugarGirl44(f): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
frog12:
meet KENYANS and you'll see that they speak better ENGLISH than NIGERIANS.

Says a conquered white man's slave.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by VEHINTOLAR: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
silverlinen:
Damn...Everything about lagos na hype just like Man Utd players.

How is this about Lagos now ? Are you even not from a state in Nigeria ? If "everything about lagos na hype....", why don't you tell us where you're from or you are too ashamed to even mention it here ? You guys obsession with Lagos is quite unbelievable; it's insane ! It's not hard at all to know who you're; an hate filled " developer" from dotland republic of cannibals ! If Lagos na "hype" go back to your village in alaigbo na !

5 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Lonelyhrt1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mindlog:

Apart from the pictures, Nairobi is beautiful in real life and also has its own low end neighbourhoods.
Well said, there are some area in Nairobi that Ajegule is better than but they won’t post that for us to see.
Nairobi is not beautiful or developed than Lagos or Abuja or even Cross River State.
I have been to Nairobi, Mombasa and Thika, I can tell you they’re not better than Lagos or Abuja.
Thika is just like Edo state no difference.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Lonelyhrt1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
anonimi:

You’re right except for Electricity, those people have stable light bro, power don’t go off in weeks and when it does, be expecting it in 5-10 minutes.
I lived in Thika road near USIU sch gate for over 2 months and I have witnessed how good their electricity is.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by AntonVince: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Well, it's quite soothing that someone put these up for Nigerians to see.
I recall how some Tinubu lackeys swooped on me the day I told them that Nairobi-Kenya and Windhoek-Namibia are way ahead of Lagos, not to mention Cape Town, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cairo, Rabat and so on.

But for the mindless pillaging since 1999 by the toad-eyed robber and his gang, Lagos by virtue of the humungous amount of revenue it generates should be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Pretoria, Jo'Burg and Cape Town, not even Nairobi.

Thank you OP.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by AntonVince: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kuruptnigga:

Is Lagos even anywhere close to Windhoek-Namibia? ...before you compare it with Nairobi.
Can you even compare Lagos to Kigali-Rwanda?

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by AntonVince: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
MrTed:
That is why we need Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the President in 2023. He's the founder of the New Lagos. He's a builder, planner and creator of new frontiers. Imagine what will happen to Nigeria when he in charge. I pray he leads us in 2023. Amen

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by goldennugget: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Wow, this is good. Kenya is really holding it down for East Africa.
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kuruptnigga: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2022
AntonVince:

Is Lagos even anywhere close to Windhoek-Namibia? ...before you compare it with Nairobi.
Can you even compare Lagos to Kigali-Rwanda?
Oga shut up. Nairobi is a huge slumpolis. What is kigali And windhoek. Those overhype villages. Oga forget. Lagos get level no be play

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by ogub(m): 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
Those Kenyans will come to Nigeria and win our dollars for only running, to go and build fine mansion for their country abi? We dey wait for una to come again. Lol
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Kdon2: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
mmsen:

Lagos economy alone obliterates Kenya. Don't be deceived by pictures of buildings.

I was not talking Lagos Mr man!
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by cenaman(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ebubu:
Is it finer than Abakaliki in Ebonyi state?
Your head dey there .
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Coly2012(m): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Asianjollof007:

You built a rented apartment as claimed while your real home is underdeveloped. Okoro, isn't that foolishness ?
which region is more developed than the east in Nigeria? pls answer with all sincerity
Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Commenthin: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lagos and Abuja are busy building fancy houses in wrong locations without industry to employee the buyers.

They seal and buy but cannot feed or sponsor their family education and are force to sell and leave the country.

Location/ocean view in Lagos that should be assign for vacation resorts are allocated to developers for housing...clueless and incompetent government workers/professionals. Even the roads inside those estate cannot fit Keke, and no sidewalk.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? by Coly2012(m): 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Igbo people built Lagos but couldn't build Aba
apart from Lagos we are talking about which other city is developed in the west that you are talking of aba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / My Plan To Relocate To Uk / Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.