Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53714 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Plan To Relocate To Uk by IyaOmo1: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nozino: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
There are no assurances. Even the Queen can’t guarantee what you want.

510 Likes 34 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by IyaOmo1: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thanks @Nozino. There are no assurances. Even the Queen can’t guarantee what you want.

Exactly! I understand. I still need the opinion of those already with experience or were in my shoe to help in this decision making. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ibk2020: 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
@op
#1.5m per month is alot of money in Nigeria, truth is you can't earn more or equivalent in uk except or probably 5 years of your stay in u.k.
Meaning you have to spend more than 5 years in u.k before you can be earning upto #2m per month excluding bills.
Japa is for a better living and that of your kids.
Now for your business in naija, I advice you have a plan to be coming to naija once in 3 months to monitor and audit .

Edited.
Using myself as a case study, I started earning 500k ($2000) per month in 2016.
In 2021 I was earning 600k ($1200).
In 2022, am currently planning to japa before the end of this year.

@op, think twice!

222 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nicoswit(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Here to learn. Lalasticlala mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ednut1(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
There is no guarantee you will get job after graduation. If your occupation is not in shortage list in uk you are likely to get frustrated. Alot of Nigerians rushing to school in uk will learn soon. But hey nigeria is hell already

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Where una dey see this Money?

Well, 1.5 is a lot of money even in Nigeria. Stay put, and work on increasing that profit.

201 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Jesuschristus: 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Don't go

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by busomma: 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
E go rough u ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ifytrik(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
First of all if it's true you have a business that is fetching such amount of money on a weekly basis then relocating to the UK or any other country shouldn't be an option right now, you should be thinking of expanding your business and not traveling outside, if aliko dangote and femi otedola are based in Nigeria then I see no reason you should be thinking of relocating outside when your business is booming and fetching you good money,keep expanding your business and watch yourself become a billionaire in few years, that is if you none yahoo boy ogrin

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ifytrik(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Where una dey see this Money?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by HeadNigga: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Wow!!! Give me 700k per month and I won't leave this country for anybody. Na we get am. Nigeria sweet only if you get money.

265 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by WoundedLamb: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Assurance? There're nothing like assurance when it comes to making such moves. It's a big-risk-big-reward kinda thing. Seeing that you're not into some of those so-called hot professions, I suggest you apply caution. Consider the fact that it'll take some time before you reach your full potential in the UK as an immigrant on student visa. And even when you eventually start earning more, what you should consider is your savings after recurring expenses and not the amount itself cause naturally, what you earn in pounds would seem to be higher. It could go either ways but another factor you must take into consideration is the amenities and security you'd enjoy, and of course, the future you'd be providing for your kids. It's not all about money.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by letristian: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
What for

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by smatt1711: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
I don't know why people will leave an environment they know very well to move to a place they know nothing about...... It will take you minimum of 5 years in UK to be on profit level, now add that 5 years to your business, you should be on CEO level.... Why moving to a country that is not yours and can never be yours.... 5 years from now you should be talking about sending your kids to UK to get whatever exposure they will need in this world

You can still travel to UK, stay for like 4 weeks , make your research, see things for yourself.... No be person go tell you to run back home and continue with what you are doing.... You want to know the truth? You are doing well.

262 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Efficient5: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Abeg which work u dey do o

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ictmikky(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
You're good to go but ensure ensure come back once in a while to invest

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by MrOkenwa(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
If your main aim is to go and earn more than your current earning, you may just need to sit back as there’s no assurance that you’ll earn up to that figure.
For a better life and that of your kids, Mooove.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by SameGod: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
All is good grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by SultanOfPuna: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
U dey ment

11 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by aremuforlife(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
I will advice you to expand your business in Nigeria, that is the sure bet.
You may regret the decision of relocating while leaving a lucrative business that fetch you high retur behind.

23 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Prechgold1180(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Be careful please don’t allow your business fold up

If you can build something that fetches you 1.5 million monthly

You are doing well you can try to relocate your family abroad

You can get an online job or job that you can easily get leave from

So u can be able to monitor your business
At least once in every two months

32 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Flier: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Don’t lie you are a yahoo guy jo

5 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Newboss(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's not about how much you make in Nigeria.

This country is too volatile. Give yourself a chance by emigrating from Nigeria. Move to a sane society and build a life for yourself and your generation. Five years outside Nigeria is better than 20 years in Nigeria.

It's about the stability and sanity of the country, not about how much you make.

It's the same when it comes to job. Job security is more valuable than salary.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by sanmtiago(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
You can travel abroad bro.
But my question is how you take they make 1.5m in a month for this Nigeria so

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Sheuns(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
If what you want is to leave Nigeria, then I really cannot say you shouldn’t, you know what’s best for yourself and family. 1.5M is a good deal of money here. In the UK that’s about 1923£, not much for UK standard. You can make that in the UK as a student, I have a couple of friends that do, but they said it ain’t easy working and studying and also paying bills.

If your business is one that can be operated remotely, from anywhere, you can take the risk, or if it’s possible to move your business there, better. All in, whatever decision you make, think back and forth.
Good luck on your endeavors.

28 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ollygold(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Are you coming with your family

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Siwisheswereesh: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
What a stupid decision!!! angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by capetownboyz(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Imagine
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by oghenewale: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
If you fit japa go Uk but make idey help you to manage that business for naija.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road / Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.