Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs (217 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? / Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs by Iyke1998(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
The entrance of newlyweds into their reception party in Umuahia, Abia State, on Saturday, was disrupted after the father of the groom demanded that only Christian music must be played.

The MC, Freedom MC, shared video from the event on his instagram account

https://youtube.com/shorts/pX0SgBqnwWQ?feature=share
Re: Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs by Image123(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
Iyke1998:
The entrance of newlyweds into their reception party in Umuahia, Abia State, on Saturday, was disrupted after the father of the groom demanded that only Christian music must be played.

The MC, Freedom MC, shared video from the event on his instagram account

https://youtube.com/shorts/pX0SgBqnwWQ?feature=share

The disruption is from the DJ. He/she is the stranger in the party. Who knows maybe it's the groom's father that bankrolled the wedding and the reception, you are now saying he disrupted as if he's a total stranger. Do you know how many of his influential friends are in the reception and how much they will give the groom and his bride? Abi you think it's those girls in red following the couple that rented the reception venue or bought cow?

1 Like

Re: Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs by Ken4Christ: 11:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Image123:

The disruption is from the DJ. He/she is the stranger in the party. Who knows maybe it's the groom's father that bankrolled the wedding and the reception, you are now saying he disrupted as if he's a total stranger. Do you know how many of his influential friends are in the reception and how much they will give the groom and his bride? Abi you think it's those girls in red following the couple that rented the reception venue or bought cow?

It is still called disruption. It does not matter if he is the main sponsor. This is what he should have insisted before tha wedding reception began. He just spoiled her daughter's day.

Besides, playing Christian music will not make those present to become Christians. There are better ways to communicate the gospel.

If he has truly raised his daughter the Christian way, she should have known that her father does not tolerate secular music. And her husband should have also known the kind of in-law he has.

Even our Lord Jesus converted water to wine in a wedding feast.

I believe this man will also insist there must not be any alcoholic drink in the reception.

I don't subscribe to Christians playing secular music or dancing to it as a norm. But I believe that there are decent secular music that may not sound immoral or vulgar for a Christian to dance to on such occasion.
Re: Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Songs by Image123(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

It is still called disruption. It does not matter if he is the main sponsor. This is what he should have insisted before tha wedding reception began. He just spoiled her daughter's day.

Besides, playing Christian music will not make those present to become Christians. There are better ways to communicate the gospel.

If he has truly raised his daughter the Christian way, she should have known that her father does not tolerate secular music. And her husband should have also known the kind of in-law he has.

Even our Lord Jesus converted water to wine in a wedding feast.

I believe this man will also insist there must not be any alcoholic drink in the reception.

I don't subscribe to Christians playing secular music or dancing to it as a norm. But I believe that there are decent secular music that may not sound immoral or vulgar for a Christian to dance to on such occasion.

i think rather that the newly wed spoilt the event. The day belongs to no one but God, it is not daughter or father or son's day. Playing devilish music does not communicate the gospel either or add any blessings or joy to the marriage, so why play it? Why should the parents be subjected to hearing craziness by force because they are in their own children's reception? Jesus' miracle at Cana has nothing to do with this, it glorified God, this does not.

(1) (Reply)

YAHU'SHUA (Whom you ignorantly call Jesus) IS THE HOLY GHOST. / 18 Accept Islam As ACADIP Storms Ilesha Ilobu Etc / God Brings You To Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.