Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo (4351 Views)

Dog Lovers Must Read This: Dedicated To Lucy My Lost Dog! / Please I Need Your Advice On My American Eskimo / Everyone Meet Sniffer. Upload Photos Of Your Pet Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
So this is my first post on Nairaland despite being a member for quite some time now.
Before i proceed, pardon any grammatical or punctuation errors that might arise as this is my very first thread and i am not much of a writer. grin grin grin
In this light of this, this thread is to showcase my beautiful girl Lucy and take everyone through her growth process. I would try to update the thread as much as i can.

Why did I decide to settle for an Eskimo?
I am and have been a dog lover right from young age, prior to buying my beautiful baby Lucy, I previously had a big baby boerboel named Lucy as well but unfortunately i lost her to the cold hands of death early last year. Chai it really pained me make i no lie cry cry cry

Now back to the question, i decided to settle for an Eskimo because i wanted a dog not so big like my previous baby Lucy (rip) and not so small like an lhasa so an Eskimo was the right choice for me. cheesy cheesy cheesy :

My journey to becoming a new pet owner again started on the 7th of February when i reached out to a kernel in my area to help get me a good breed Eskimo. Before the end of the day, i was already bidding and negotiating for my baby girl which i got for 65k after much negotiations and “abeg” lol
At the time of her purchase, she was just about 3 weeks + old and so small, i was upset with the seller at first because of her size but then i vowed to do all it takes to make her chubby and well groomed and pampered with love.

Attached is a picture of my baby when i got her at 3 weeks +

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by PlayMaker14: 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Prior to making up my mind on getting an Eskimo, i did a little research online to know about the dog breed and what to expect about the breed and honestly i can say the little research i made has helped me because i knew what i was getting into before hand. (This breed them stubborn like werey) lol

After i got her, i was then faced with the task to make her chubby and healthy so i placed her on an only diet of boiled eggs, milk and freshly boiled fish . Also she got her second shot of vaccine on the 10th just 3 days after I bought her which cost 5,000. I also got her a couple of drugs and oil supplements:
1.antibiotic
2. Dewormer
3. multi vitamins
4. Cod liver oil
5 oil booster.
Total was about 14,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
PlayMaker14:
cry

Swears bro cry cry, the loss of a pet is equally as painful as the loss of a loved one!
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
Questions and contributions are highly welcomed grin grin grin
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
Contd..

She got her 3rd vaccine on the 14th of March and she was 8 weeks + already, (2 months and some days)

As this time, she started being energetic, playing very well, she also started developing an attitude to bark back when i tried to scold her and she also started getting very vocal . cheesy cheesy cheesy
I also already introduced her to eating mixed indomie meal for dogs .

Also, it was at this age she started to have sweet tooth. lol
I call it sweet tooth because at this point, any and everything entered her mouth, just like someone experiencing sweet tooth, i was shocked one day to see her eating small bricks of blocks . cheesy cheesy cheesy
She started eating anything from papers to broomsticks to gnawing on blocks . lol

But in all of this, she has never eaten any valuables like charger, clothes, my couch, etc .. although she tried to eat my slides once but I cautioned her and she hasn’t done that again since then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Cutezt(m): 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nice thread OP, meet my eskimo too, she is called Fristy.

Here was when she was a few months old, she turned a year on the 11th of this month and is currently on her first heat. She eats everything too except her actual dog food, except it's canned food, all the bingo, booster, et all, she doesn't eat, but she eats apples, sweets, everything. She is playful and has been potty trained as she is an indoor pet.

She was on fp a while back for peeing everywhere and everywhere until she began to have sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
Cutezt:
Nice thread OP,meet my eskimo too, she is called Fristy.

Here was when she was a few months old, she turned a year on the 11th of this month and is currently on her first heat. She eats everything too except her actual dog food, except it's canned food, all the bingo et all, she doesn't eat, but she eats apples, sweets, everything. She is playful and has been potty trained as she is an indoor pet.

She was on fp a while back for peeing everywhere and everywhere until she began to have sense.

Thanks bro..
Your dog is beautiful smiley smiley smiley are you going to cross her now or would you still leave her for a heat or two more ? I read its best for the dog to leave her until after the first 2 or 3 heats before crossing eventually for the first time. I intend to treat my baby same too.

lol, my girl would eat anything but her canned food, different eating habits they have. undecided undecided Because of this I haven’t bought canned food in a while for her . She loves carrots so much, although i haven’t tried giving her apples. Would try it out sometime to see what her reaction would be. cheesy smiley smiley

How did you get to potty train Fristy ? Na that stage gan gan i dey now and it’s quite frustrating. I am equally keeping mine as an indoor pet and i am faced with the same pee and poop anywhere wahala . cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Cutezt(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
thecuteone:

Thanks bro..
Your dog is beautiful smiley smiley smiley are you going to cross her now or would you still leave her for a heat or two more ? I read its best for the dog to leave her until after the first 2 or 3 heats before crossing eventually for the first time. I intend to treat my baby same too.

lol, my girl would eat anything but her canned food, different eating habits they have. undecided undecided Because of this I haven’t bought canned food in a while for her . She loves carrots so much, although i haven’t tried giving her apples. Would try it out sometime to see what her reaction would be. cheesy smiley smiley

How did you get to potty train Fristy ? Na that stage gan gan i dey now and it’s quite frustrating. I am equally keeping mine as an indoor pet and i am faced with the same pee and poop anywhere wahala . cry cry cry cry

I don't intend to cross her until her next heat, in fact, the heat is already leaving, the blood is now watery and the vulva is getting back to its normal size.

Potty training was a very terrible time for me, I was frustrated as well, I beat her, screamed at her and all, I was angry and frustrated that was why I brought it to nairaland, but someone drop a comment (screenshot attached) that made me patient with her.

I decided to be patient with her, instead of beating her, I just noticed when she starts turning and sniffing, then I lift her straight to her potty inside my bathroom, slowly, she learnt, there were days of relapse, but each time she got it right, I played with her and applauded her immediately she is done, now, I don't have potty issues anymore, I have left her home alone for a month, I just directed someone to feed her daily and she never for once pooped anywhere aside her potty, but she tore every paper she could set her eyes on.

I want to keep a male for her to play with when she gives birth but I'm scared of potty training again, I don't know if i will have that patience, but I'll generally advise you to be patient with her, watch out for her sniffing and turning round, dogs go straight to poop after every meal, so be alert immediately after every meal and give her a treat when she does it right, mine started getting it right after about 4 months or so.

Ps. We seem to have a lot in common, I got Fristy a year after I lost my other dog (also called Fristy) to parvo, I was very sad, it was local dog but I treated her like family.

I also got Fristy because I didn't want a dig as big as my old Fristy and I wanted a dog I can be closer with and take around with pride, so I got Fristy.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2022
Cutezt:

I don't intend to cross her until her next heat, in fact, the heat is already leaving, the blood is now watery and the vulva is getting back to its normal size.

Potty training was a very terrible time for me, I was frustrated as well, I beat her, screamed at her and all, I was angry and frustrated that was why I brought it to nairaland, but someone drop a comment (screenshot attached) that made me patient with her.

I decided to be patient with her, instead of beating her, I just noticed when she starts turning and sniffing, then I lift her straight to her potty inside my bathroom, slowly, she learnt, there were days of relapse, but each time she got it right, I played with her and applauded her immediately she is done, now, I don't have potty issues anymore, I have left her home alone for a month, I just directed someone to feed her daily and she never for once pooped anywhere aside her potty, but she tore every paper she could set her eyes on.

I want to keep a male for her to play with when she gives birth but I'm scared of potty training again, I don't know if i will have that patience, but I'll generally advise you to be patient with her, watch out for her sniffing and turning round, dogs go straight to poop after every meal, so be alert immediately after every meal and give her a treat when she does it right, mine started getting it right after about 4 months or so.

Ps. We seem to have a lot in common, I got Fristy a year after I lost my other dog (also called Fristy) to parvo, I was very sad, it was local dog but I treated her like family.

I also got Fristy because I didn't want a dig as big as my old Fristy and I wanted a dog I can be closer with and take around with pride, so I got Fristy.

Nice decision, i heard once a dog has been breed from first heat, it hinders her getting grown to her maximum size .

Mhen, from your words, i can already imagine the level of patience and dedication you put into potty training your girl, I can only pray for such level of patience and dedication towards my baby aswell because e no easy . cry cry cry lol
What exactly do you use as potty for her ?

If you could handle your girl potty training, i think you would be able to tackle any other puppy as well . grin grin but on contrary, it is healthy to keep a male from her litter? There’s something about inbreeding that i learnt isn’t right unless you do not plan for the both of them to mate in future so you might want to get another male from a quality parent stock .

We really do have a lot in common my brother, surprisingly i also nurse the thought to get my girl a second play mate after her first litter sometimes next year but i was thinking of a totally different breed. But that’s not a serious decision for now, only time shall tell . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2022
Contd……

My baby girl at 9 weeks old, at this point, she started being security conscious, she would bark at any strange voices she hears and also when ever someone knocks at the door.

Also she started being a little too rough on her play’s, i had to trim her nails because she was getting me scratched as they were sharp.

She also had this funny character of sneaking up behind you when you walk past or stand still and she would nibble on any part of your body she can get her little tooth’s on grin grin cheesy grin sometimes it would hurt a little and sometimes was a painless bite .

Lastly, her amount of food intake rapidly increased, she started eating like a horse . shocked sad shocked

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2022
Fellow Eskimo lovers in the house, feel free to contribute and upload y’all’s babies pictures too. What was/has the experience been like with y’all’s babies ?
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
thecuteone:
Prior to making up my mind on getting an Eskimo, i did a little research online to know about the dog breed and what to expect about the breed and honestly i can say the little research i made has helped me because i knew what i was getting into before hand. (This breed them stubborn like werey) lol

After i got her, i was then faced with the task to make her chubby and healthy so i placed her on an only diet of boiled eggs, milk and freshly boiled fish . Also she got her second shot of vaccine on the 10th just 3 days after I bought her which cost 5,000. I also got her a couple of drugs and oil supplements:
1.antibiotic
2. Dewormer
3. multi vitamins
4. Cod liver oil
5 oil booster.
Total was about 14,000
Awwwwww....that first pic.
So cute cheesy
I deliberately come to the Pets section of NL to fawn over pics like this. I absolutely adore dogs but dont own any. She is a cutie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

Awwwwww....that first pic.
So cute cheesy
I deliberately come to the Pets section of NL to fawn over pics like this. I absolutely adore dogs but dont own any. She is a cutie

Thanks cheesy cheesy
She is indeed a cutie, an epitome of beauty. As a matter of fact, i nicknamed her “the beautiful rascal” grin grin grin

Why don’t you own any ? They are really nice and a bunch of joy givers even though sometimes they can frustrate someone to breaking point . lol

Is it a personal decision not to own one or maybe lack of time, finances or space on your part?
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
thecuteone:

Thanks cheesy cheesy
She is indeed a cutie, an epitome of beauty. As a matter of fact, i nicknamed her “the beautiful rascal” grin grin grin

Why don’t you own any ? They are really nice and a bunch of joy givers even though sometimes they can frustrate someone to breaking point . lol

Is it a personal decision not to own one or maybe lack of time, finances or space on your part?
She is indeed.
For me it's a space issue, time too. I could even add finances as my preferred dog is a St Benard. I also leave hone early and get home late. No time for dog love. But I adore them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Emary(f): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Congratulations! If you want a dog that is loyal, smart and playful till its old, you've got the perfect breed. I've had several of them and I love them like members of my family. Some of them can be noisemakers though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by preshman22: 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
What soap do you use for your dog
Her fur is very white and fluffy
She is a cutie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Cutezt(m): 12:25am On Apr 26, 2022
thecuteone:

Nice decision, i heard once a dog has been breed from first heat, it hinders her getting grown to her maximum size .

Mhen, from your words, i can already imagine the level of patience and dedication you put into potty training your girl, I can only pray for such level of patience and dedication towards my baby aswell because e no easy . cry cry cry lol
What exactly do you use as potty for her ?

If you could handle your girl potty training, i think you would be able to tackle any other puppy as well . grin grin but on contrary, it is healthy to keep a male from her litter? There’s something about inbreeding that i learnt isn’t right unless you do not plan for the both of them to mate in future so you might want to get another male from a quality parent stock .

We really do have a lot in common my brother, surprisingly i also nurse the thought to get my girl a second play mate after her first litter sometimes next year but i was thinking of a totally different breed. But that’s not a serious decision for now, only time shall tell . cheesy cheesy cheesy

I got her a pet potty, something like the picture below, I noticed she automatically wants to pee or poop anytime she sees grass, so I got her a potty with grass and she never fails to go do her business there.

I also don't intend to breed her with her kid, immediately I find out she is on heat, I'll get her another male, I just feel bad each time she comes looking at me to play with her cos she can get bored sometimes when I'm busy on my laptop and she is alone, so I want to help her have fun without me.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Luxurydriverng: 6:31am On Apr 26, 2022
Pure breed American Eskimo for sale
Male
1year old
Never mated before still a virgin
Selling because owner relocated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by preshman22: 9:30am On Apr 26, 2022
Luxurydriverng:
Male
1year old

Who will want to buy a one year old dog?? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Luxurydriverng: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2022
preshman22:

Some one who needs it
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:02am On Apr 28, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

She is indeed.
For me it's a space issue, time too. I could even add finances as my preferred dog is a St Benard. I also leave hone early and get home late. No time for dog love. But I adore them.

Haa, that’s a big and costly breed o shocked shocked and they are not to common too but very incredible breeds.

Indeed quite sadly, you have got a situation, dogs require all the above conditions you mentioned to thrive successfully and be productive. But no time is ever late to own one so i hope it all works out for you someday and you get the breed after your own heart cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Emary:
Congratulations! If you want a dog that is loyal, smart and playful till its old, you've got the perfect breed. I've had several of them and I love them like members of my family. Some of them can be noisemakers though.

Thanks, indeed they all you listed and more, not to forget stubborn and handful too . lol

You no longer have any or ? as you use “had” .. what happened?

My girl is very vocal now and sometimes i have to constantly remind her to keep quite . lol

But in all it’s been an amazing time with her so far . cheesy smiley
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2022
preshman22:
What soap do you use for your dog
Her fur is very white and fluffy
She is a cutie

Thanks grin grin

Apparently, I don’t think it’s the soap that’s responsible as i have only bathed her twice since she was born up-till now. I think it is mainly as a result of what i feed her and the fact that she’s indoor much more than being outdoor .

I have maintained a steady routine of giving her multivitamin, cod liver oil and oil booster 3 times a week along side liquid milk and i also apply the cod liver oil on her fur as well and groom her at least once a week by brushing and trimming her fur, that way they grow even and don’t twist.

Also i have been cautious not to feed her regular foods with salt content as that also affect their fur quality and make it shred. I think this is why her fur is looking this great, however attached below is pic of her soap and body spray .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Cutezt:

I got her a pet potty, something like the picture below, I noticed she automatically wants to pee or poop anytime she sees grass, so I got her a potty with grass and she never fails to go do her business there.

I also don't intend to breed her with her kid, immediately I find out she is on heat, I'll get her another male, I just feel bad each time she comes looking at me to play with her cos she can get bored sometimes when I'm busy on my laptop and she is alone, so I want to help her have fun without me.

Okay, thanks for the info, i’ll have to look out where i can get one from also so i can use that in training her to potty poop.

It’s a nice decision because boredom can cause them to become destructive. For the mean time i got mine little play toys which keeps her busy and active. She loves playing and running around a lot so she keeps her self active even when i am busy and got no time for her. Oh and she loves to watch tv much too . She would just lay or sit in front of the tv for minutes at a time watching it .. cheesy cheesy cheesy , the first time I noticed it was really funny . lol
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Luxurydriverng:
Male
1year old

Cute boy, what’s the price and location ? Might as well consider for stud services
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2022
preshman22:

Why not bro ? It’s perfect for stud services at this age, you collect mating fees and one puppy on every female crossed . Cool cash !
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by Emary(f): 7:43am On Apr 28, 2022
thecuteone:

Thanks, indeed they all you listed and more, not to forget stubborn and handful too . lol

You no longer have any or ? as you use “had” .. what happened?

My girl is very vocal now and sometimes i have to constantly remind her to keep quite . lol

But in all it’s been an amazing time with her so far . cheesy smiley

I still have 5 now. The oldest is close to 11yrs. The stubbornness is real. They have a mind of their own and are really intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2022
Contd…

My baby at 3 months and she got her vaccine shots completed. Just the anti rabbis vaccine left now which she would be getting soon .

I am really impressed by her growth rate so far . smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Picture taken last Sunday.

Rate her from 1/10 !

1 Like

Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by thecuteone(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2022
Emary:

I still have 5 now. The oldest is close to 11yrs. The stubbornness is real. They have a mind of their own and are really intelligent.

shocked shocked shocked , 5 ? Wow , I can’t imagine the chaos that would come with that number in one house . lol
Re: Everyone Meet Lucy, My American Eskimo by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:37am On Apr 28, 2022
thecuteone:

Haa, that’s a big and costly breed o shocked shocked and they are not to common too but very incredible breeds.

Indeed quite sadly, you have got a situation, dogs require all the above conditions you mentioned to thrive successfully and be productive. But no time is ever late to own one so i hope it all works out for you someday and you get the breed after your own heart cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank you so much.
I know I must own thag dog sha, God willing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caucasian,rot,alsetian,neopletan For Sale / 10 Months Old Female Caucasian Shepherd Dog For Sale!!! / Adult Female Caucasian/german Shepherd Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.