Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years (740 Views)

Can I Still Go To Church After Having Sex On A Sunday Morning? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
I felt I should share this testimony so Pastors who read can do the same thing provided they meet the conditions.

Over a decade ago, I pastored a church under the umbrella of one of the leading ministry in Nigeria. We went out for evangelism and won quite a number of souls on Saturday which we were expecting on Sunday morning.

But Sunday morning came and it rained cat and dog. As usual, when it rains, attendance drops. But I wasn't happy because none of the new souls showed up. I am an aggressive soul winner. Sometimes, we get over 30 new souls on Sunday morning through evangelical activities. But that Sunday, not a single new soul came because of rainfall.

I immediately remembered what Prophet Elijah did in his days and the scripture says he was a man of like passion. Besides, we are living in a better day than the days of Elijah.

So, I called a few of my leaders than we can stop this rain from falling on Sunday morning. All we need to do is go to God with our strong reasons. And the strong reason we gave to God is that his kingdom will be deprived of new souls if it consistently rain Sunday morning. These new souls will need to come to church so they can be nurtured by the word of God. We promise to continue the weekly soul winning activities. And we agree it was done.

In addition, we gave the rain time to start falling if it must fall because there are others who might need the rain. And we fix the time for 2pm. That means it will not rain until 2 pm when we believe all churches must have closed and members should be home.

Glory to God. This prayer was honoured for five full years. And each time it rained on Sundays, it was from 2 pm.

The first Sunday rain fell in the middle of the raining season the sixth year. And this is why it fell. We broke our part of the covenant. The brethren became complacent towards soul winning. And I reminded them.

So, we have authority over weather elements. Not for personal gains but for the advancement of God's kingdom.

You too can do it when you have a very good reason.

God watches over his word to perform it.

2 Likes

Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Werey

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Werey

All things are possible to them that believe.

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by luwiizy(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
undecided undecided grin
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
These are made up lies.
which testimony?
testify why you call christians like you FOUNDING FATHERS. God ahead and testify. Testify why pastors sell books for 13 usd when condoms and pads are given for free.

tell me why pastors cannot remain single even when paul advised you to do so. Do you have any regard for paul. is it all about your sexual needs? who will then be single if pastors cannot ?
Ken4Christ:
I felt I should share this testimony so Pastors who read can do the same thing provided they meet the conditions.

Over a decade ago, I pastored a church under the umbrella of one of the leading ministry in Nigeria. We went out for evangelism and won quite a number of souls on Saturday which we were expecting on Sunday morning.

But Sunday morning came and it rained cat and dog. As usual, when it rains, attendance drops. But I wasn't happy because none of the new souls showed up. I am an aggressive soul winner. Sometimes, we get over 30 new souls on Sunday morning through evangelical activities. But that Sunday, not a single new soul came because of rainfall.

I immediately remembered what Prophet Elijah did in his days and the scripture says he was a man of like passion. Besides, we are living in a better day than the days of Elijah.

So, I called a few of my leaders than we can stop this rain from falling on Sunday morning. All we need to do is go to God with our strong reasons. And the strong reason we gave to God is that his kingdom will be deprived of new souls if it consistently rain Sunday morning. These new souls will need to come to church so they can be nurtured by the word of God. We promise to continue the weekly soul winning activities. And we agree it was done.

In addition, we gave the rain time to start falling if it must fall because there are others who might need the rain. And we fix the time for 2pm. That means it will not rain until 2 pm when we believe all churches must have closed and members should be home.

Glory to God. This prayer was honoured for five full years. And each time it rained on Sundays, it was from 2 pm.

The first Sunday rain fell in the middle of the raining season the sixth year. And this is why it fell. We broke our part of the covenant. The brethren became complacent towards soul winning. And I reminded them.

So, we have authority over weather elements. Not for personal gains but for the advancement of God's kingdom.

You too can do it when you have a very good reason.

God watches over his word to perform it.
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

All things are possible to them that believe.
Do you believe that Paul spent years away from home? Why cant your pastors spend years away from their headquarters (bank accounts)?
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Do you believe that Paul spent years away from home? Why cant your pastors spend years away from their headquarters (bank accounts)?

Everyone has a different ministry. There are still people who do missionary work away from their homes. Apostle Peter did his in his home - Israel.
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
These are made up lies.
which testimony?
testify why you call christians like you FOUNDING FATHERS. God ahead and testify. Testify why pastors sell books for 13 usd when condoms and pads are given for free.

tell me why pastors cannot remain single even when paul advised you to do so. Do you have any regard for paul. is it all about your sexual needs? who will then be single if pastors cannot ?

They are not lies. It happened. Not even a single drop of rain for those years on Sunday mornings until 2 pm in days when the rain falls. You don't believe God honours prayers that are heartfelt?
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Maynman: 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

They are not lies. It happened. Not even a single drop of rain for those years on Sunday mornings until 2 pm in days when the rain falls. You don't believe God honours prayers that are heartfelt?

Over 100 people die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, that’s what you and your god should be concerned about.
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

Over 100 people die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, that’s what you and your god should be concerned about.

My God did not kill them. Holding the rain for sinners and new souls to come to church is one sure way of helping them.

They will learn how to receive their healings in such meetings and even live in divine health.

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Maynman: 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

My God did not kill them. Holding the rain for sinners and new souls to come to church is one sure way of helping them.

They will learn how to receive their healings in such meetings and even live in divine health.

I mean over 100 people die everyday in Nigeria continuously, pray for your god to stop it.

Are you also praying about insecurity or not yet?
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by compton11(m): 4:08am On Apr 25, 2022
Lying ass nigga!
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Your god is a babalawo. The true God will never do such an evil deed today. You are trying to invoke the event in the time of Elijah ole ni e.

Your god is false and an intimidating goat according to Leke. Why did you not respond to my comment abouy your fallacy regarding your FOUNDING FATHERS. Haha you couldn't handle that fact.

Who are your FOUNDING FATHERS? Jesus said that you should call no one father on eartg and you teach that the Church has FOUNDING FATHERS. Can you see why them Jehovah's witnesses are better than you, cos they would have retracted that statement and apologised outrightly. Rather than admit your lies, you will cunningly tweak it. You imagine that everyone is stupid and ignorant like your sheeples?

There is nothing relating to God in you. You are a stale stench pretending to be a Christian. Your putrid soul smell as good as your lies. Scammers using the Bible to enrich themselves.
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2022
compton11:
Lying ass nigga!
Tell him. Say it loudly and boldly. He can stop the rain but cannot visit the morgue to preach to dead bodies
Re: How I Stopped Rain From Falling On Sunday Morning For Five And A Half Years by Ken4Christ: 8:38am On Apr 25, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Your god is a babalawo. The true God will never do such an evil deed today. You are trying to invoke the event in the time of Elijah ole ni e.

Your god is false and an intimidating goat according to Leke. Why did you not respond to my comment abouy your fallacy regarding your FOUNDING FATHERS. Haha you couldn't handle that fact.

Who are your FOUNDING FATHERS? Jesus said that you should call no one father on eartg and you teach that the Church has FOUNDING FATHERS. Can you see why them Jehovah's witnesses are better than you, cos they would have retracted that statement and apologised outrightly. Rather than admit your lies, you will cunningly tweak it. You imagine that everyone is stupid and ignorant like your sheeples?

There is nothing relating to God in you. You are a stale stench pretending to be a Christian. Your putrid soul smell as good as your lies. Scammers using the Bible to enrich themselves.

I serve the God of Elijah and the Father of my Lord Jesus. Elijah commanded it should not rain for three and a half years and it did not. Jesus calmed the raging sea. And he said we can do the works he did.

So, I can also exercise authority over weather elements if the reasons are good and scriptural.

(1) (Reply)

America Is The Modern Babylon And The Anti Christ An African American / On The Majesty Of Science: The Universe / What Shall We Tell The Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.