Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid (23980 Views)

Why Tinubu's Presidential Ambition Paved Way For Sanwo-olu's Second Term / Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid Stirs Controversy In Lagos APC / Here's The Official Portrait Of New Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Omooba77: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2022
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), on Monday, opposed the endorsement of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for a second term.

This was contained in a statement by Professor Ishaq Akintola, Director, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

DAILY POST recalls that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), last week, endorsed the incumbent Governor of the State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, for a second term in office for the 2023 gubernatorial election.

However, MURIC, on Monday, in a statement, disagreed with the leadership of the party, saying that the endorsement violated a long standing unwritten rule on rotational governance between Christians and Muslims in Lagos State.

He said the Christians have had their two terms and it is the turn of Muslims to produce a governor by 2023.

According to him, “It is on record that ex-Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, a Christian, spent four years in office and another Christian, Babajide Sanwo-Olu was brought in ostensibly to complete the Christians’ two terms which expires by May 2023 when a Muslim, ceteris paribus, is expected to take over the reins of office.

“That is why Muslims in Lagos State regard the recent endorsement given to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to run for the Christians’ third term as unfair, unjust and provocative. It may not be known in official circles, but Lagos Muslims are grumbling and we have been under pressure for some time now to speak up,” he said.

The statement said it rejected exclusivism in matters of governance, adding that “Lagos Muslims are tax payers and key stakeholders in issues affecting the welfare of Lagos citizens. We must, therefore, be consulted on matters of governance.”

“We refuse to be blindfolded on the way to the polling booth. Neither shall we be satisfied just as voters, we must also be voted for. That is the essence of democracy. It must be participatory. The choice of candidates and leadership must not be lopsided in a democracy. Every segment of society must be consulted,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/25/muric-opposes-governor-babajide-sanwo-olus-second-term-bid

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by VoltageDivida(m): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2022
What is MURIC?
I don't really care.
What is written below is my concern

Abeg I'm looking for a job. I'm an Electrical engineer with experience in telecoms power and solar installation. I am highly analytical and a fast learner. I am willing to do any engineering job, even if it's a Trainee position.
Please help a brother to beat unemployment and poverty.

If you have any offer, pls reach me on "zero nine one three 5 7 5 7 1 7 4"

God bless you!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Islandlady(f): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2022
I have always said this Muric is a delusional and confused organization that does not speak the mind of the Yoruba muslims!

You cannot divide the yorubas with religion, our culture and tribe comes first...we are yorubas first b4 anyother things

So ignore them and their leader
Thank you

226 Likes 15 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by chatinent: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2022
Nigeria can never be federated. Nigeria can never be united.

Igbos, Hausas, and Yorubas prefer to be partisan with who rules them, even it meant making an imbe a president from their tribe rather than sb from the other tribe have it. They can never live peacefully. The tribalism cannot end until every main tribe is given a fair treatment, as well as smaller tribes. A rotational president if possible...to increase competition in development.

How can we live peacefully now? Did we ever agree to live together and be federated? It was a forceful amalgam for British administrative convenience.

That is why till tomorrow British cannot support the breaking out from Nigeria. They caused everything and are still benefiting till today.

I know there will be 2023 elections but I don't know if there will be Nigeria because if representatives of the individual main tribes don't emerge as president, Nigeria may go down with Lord Lugard.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Madmohamed123: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2022
Yeruba terrorist but they will not see this man na MNK or IPOB igbo and Biafra you will see them

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Kriss216: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2022
I thought the Yorubas are united undecided

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Truthisunique2: 8:05am On Apr 25, 2022
Waiting for the muric do not speak Yoruba Muslims mind clowns

I even believe tinubu is very lucky because Christian's make up over 60% of Lagos population both Yoruba Christian's and other indigenes

How they have allowed Yoruba Muslim to be dictating who rules them is what I don't know

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by richiemcgold: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2022
MURIC is synonymous with mumu grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2022
They say yoruba don't do religious politics.

Same yoloba Muslims MURIC are against Osibanjo bc of religion

At Ilorin, they are killing themselves over hijab.

Lalasticlala

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by yemmight(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2022
THe MURIC members no dey advise this man at all? Abi na only him dey there?

27 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by PrinceOfLagos: 8:09am On Apr 25, 2022
Muric is Igbo infact he is IPob

He should go back to his state in ABA according to Tinubu cursed and useless slaves

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by PrinceOfLagos: 8:11am On Apr 25, 2022
Islandlady:
I have always said this Muric is a delusional and confused organization that does not speak the mind of the Yoruba muslims!

You cannot divide the yorubas with religion, our culture and tribe comes first...we are yorubas first b4 anyother things

So ignore them and their leader
Thank you
Is muric not Igbo and IPob?

Because everyone that speaks against Ashiere Tinubu and his interest is Igbo and Ipob to his slaves

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Validated: 8:11am On Apr 25, 2022
MURIC stupidity is legendary. Why has MURIC forgotten that Tinubu and Fashole, both muslims ruled Lagos for 16 years before Ambode and Sanwu-Olu?
Infact, Sanwuolu must handover another Christian to make Christians rule upto 16 years.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2022
Where are the " we are yoloba first before religion" hypocrites?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Baawaa(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2022
T
Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by dele1727: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2022
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by ChoCho54(f): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2022
The legendary yoruba mooslim and christian dichotomy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by ChoCho54(f): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2022
But Tinubu a mooslim is jostling to replace buhari a mooslim and a wicked one at that, while muric endorsed.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Islandlady(f): 8:19am On Apr 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Is muric not Igbo and IPob?

Because everyone that speaks against Ashiere Tinubu and his interest is Igbo and Ipob to his slaves
I don't have your time today! How did Tinubu got into these matter now shinedu undecided

Obviously you will die on top Tinubu matter

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2022
You dont argue with a fool, because nobody will notice the difference. He can not create a sour among us, Awa omoluwabi comes first irrespective of any religion we find ourselves.

8 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Islandlady:
I don't have your time today! How did Tinubu got into these matter now shinedu undecided

Obviously you will die on top Tinubu matter

Tinubu is a yoloba muslim using muric yoloba Muslims to attack yoloba Christians so he can have chance

Tinubu is a religious bigot

316 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
You dont argue with a fool, because nobody will notice the difference. He can not create a sour among us, Awa omoluwabi comes first irrespective of any religion we find ourselves.

How come you lots fight over hijab in schools in SW and now muric is coming out with the Plan of yoloba Muslims

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by PrinceOfLagos: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Tell that to Rauf Aregbesola

11 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Islandlady(f): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2022
Arysexy:

Tinubu is a yoloba muslim using muric yoloba Muslims to attack yoloba Christians so he can have chance

Tinubu is a religious bigot
Do u have a candidate, if yes then leave Tinubu and yorubas alone and channel your energy to promote your candidate

Thanks don't quote me again

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by helinues: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2022
His personal opinion which is useless like tissue papers

5 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Islandlady(f): 8:27am On Apr 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Confused soul, today you're female tomorow you switch to your male moniker constituting nuisance everywhere

Iranu
Stop calling me a male dumb head, I am a female who loves politics, so stop telling me rubbish shinedu

Stop quoting a confused person

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2022
Islandlady:
Do u have a candidate, if yes then leave Tinubu and yorubas alone and channel your energy to promote your candidate

Thanks don't quote me again

I will quote you again.

Yes, my APC candidate is Osibanjo and PDP candidate is Peter Obi. We must not allow thief and bigots near Aso rock.

Tinubu is a thief and a bigot using MURIC to pave way for his dead ambition

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by PrinceOfLagos: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2022
Islandlady:
Stop calling me a male dumb head, I am a female who loves politics, so stop telling me rubbish shinedu
Females don't have a say in our national politics , they should be in the kitchen or baby sitting right now

You're a male with BIG gbola inbetween your legs dangling left right center

Who you wan deceive

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Arysexy(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2022
helinues:
His personal opinion which is useless like tissue papers

That's the opinion of millions of yoloba Muslims from NASFAT, Tijanniya etc that are members of MURIC

5 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by SWATMan: 8:36am On Apr 25, 2022
Omooba77:
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), on Monday, opposed the endorsement of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for a second term.

This was contained in a statement by Professor Ishaq Akintola, Director, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

DAILY POST recalls that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), last week, endorsed the incumbent Governor of the State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, for a second term in office for the 2023 gubernatorial election.

However, MURIC, on Monday, in a statement, disagreed with the leadership of the party, saying that the endorsement violated a long standing unwritten rule on rotational governance between Christians and Muslims in Lagos State.

He said the Christians have had their two terms and it is the turn of Muslims to produce a governor by 2023.

According to him, “It is on record that ex-Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, a Christian, spent four years in office and another Christian, Babajide Sanwo-Olu was brought in ostensibly to complete the Christians’ two terms which expires by May 2023 when a Muslim, ceteris paribus, is expected to take over the reins of office.

“That is why Muslims in Lagos State regard the recent endorsement given to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to run for the Christians’ third term as unfair, unjust and provocative. It may not be known in official circles, but Lagos Muslims are grumbling and we have been under pressure for some time now to speak up,” he said.

The statement said it rejected exclusivism in matters of governance, adding that “Lagos Muslims are tax payers and key stakeholders in issues affecting the welfare of Lagos citizens. We must, therefore, be consulted on matters of governance.”

“We refuse to be blindfolded on the way to the polling booth. Neither shall we be satisfied just as voters, we must also be voted for. That is the essence of democracy. It must be participatory. The choice of candidates and leadership must not be lopsided in a democracy. Every segment of society must be consulted,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/25/muric-opposes-governor-babajide-sanwo-olus-second-term-bid

I thought our Yoruba brothers claim that they care less about religion?

9 Likes

Re: MURIC Opposes Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid by Islandlady(f): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Females don't have a say in our national politics , they should be in the kitchen or baby sitting right now

You're a male with BIG gbola inbetween your legs dangling left right center

Who you wan deceive
Lol you are obviously dumber than I expected

If the females in your house belongs to the kitchen and giving birth like a pig then I am not among

Get use to me in the political section or I keep reporting your dumb quotes

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obidients Declare Operation One Borehole Project Per Community In Support Of Obi / Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga / Boko-Haram Kills WAEC Students And Principal In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.