Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request (30189 Views)

Man Hangs Himself In Daura, Katsina / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him / Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
It’s sad that people refuse to acknowledge or admit that there are many people over in Nigeria, just like all over the rest of the world, that are suffering from depression. Depression isn’t a spirit it isn’t a sign of weakness either, it’s a real condition of imbalances in the brain and it can be treated very easily with proper resources. People shaming others for a real medical condition is senseless in modern times and can contribute to suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by nedekid: 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
For less than $100 shocked
Money he would have earned easily later in life.
Na so one of my paddies those days when we enter uni say him no go go back school unless him papa give am moto, and for real, the guy no gree go.
Till today over 30 years later him no graduate.
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by abbey621(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Could you guys be reasonable for once?

Even the working class go broke and borrow money (some even depend on their partner and partly on their parents) talk more of a student.

In this Nigeria wey we dey?

Y'all don't even know his story and how long he's been hustling (for this world he didn't beg to come?).

Only one person don blame the Papa

I guess y'all already figured everything in ya life.

PS: I don't encourage suicide.

Why would they blame the papa? Can you give what you don't have? Pikin wey go see suicide as the option because of ordinary material things, that pikin should have been aborted or used for sacrifice.....spit!
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Olam09(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
SHINJA:

Which business u dey into angry

Nana your business!
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by barajo1(m): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
He for kuku go sell him kidney na. Since na die they hungry am
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by LocalMan2(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
The thing tire me too, Benue news come dey be like your papa family news
anonymous1759:
angry
Is there no good news in Benue state ? Always bad news Na wa o
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by anonymous1759(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
LocalMan2:
The thing tire me too, Benue news come dey be like your papa family news

Who be this Obukur?
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

A full-time student deserves the support of both parents, and not just financially. I think that his dad denying his request was the straw that broke the camel’s back after a long series of letdowns and disappointments. Divorce is harder on kids that’s it is on adults and kids of divorce can benefit from professional counseling. I wish me wiring him 50k could bring him back. RIP

Absolutely Ma'am!

Life is already hard, to think more that those who brought you to life couldn't even provide. Only a few students could combine work and school (that's if there's a job - most graduates are unemployed).

Like you mentioned, children are the victims of divorce. I could imagine the young man needs some cash and they (parents) keep telling him to go meet the other party.

We can't compare Nigeria to Europe or the USA where there're benefits (from the govt.), if anyone decide to go into parenting they must know it's a job they'll do till dey depart mother earth.

RIP to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by 96ACE: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sapiosexuality:
Not true. It takes a lot of strength to decide you are done with this shitty place.

You don't have to explain anything to me, just kill yourself let me check something
grin grin
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
It’s sad that people refuse to acknowledge or admit that there are many people over in Nigeria, just like all over the rest of the world, that are suffering from depression. Depression isn’t a spirit it isn’t a sign of weakness either, it’s a real condition of imbalances in the brain and it can be treated very easily with proper resources. People shaming others for a real medical condition is senseless in modern times and can contribute to suicide.

They're probably suffering from a mental condition undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
abbey621:

Why would they blame the papa? Can you give what you don't have? Pikin wey go see suicide as the option because of ordinary material things, that pikin should have been aborted or used for sacrifice.....spit!

If you like give birth to pikin(s) wey you no go fit provide for. Na you sabi undecided
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Ken4Christ: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
Death is not a cessation of existence. Life continues even after death. But there are two possible destination, heaven or hell. If after suicide, you end up in hell, you will beg for an opportunity to come back to earth. But it's too late.

Pastors should teach members often about the reality of life after death and the need to make quality decisions about your life that will lead you to the kingdom of heaven.

Parents should also teach their children these truth. It's not the duty of Pastors alone.
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Newton2024:
What are enough reasons?
I guess you didn't see the part were I said suicide should NEVER be an option.....
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Newton2024: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
I guess you didn't see the part were I said suicide should NEVER be an option.....
I see
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

It shouldn't but omo, if you've ever been depressed, it feels like d only option
well you are right to some extent alot of people feel that way( to commit sucide) most attimes especially with the current hardship been faced in the country, but one néed to be strong and press forward, if everyone is to open up on there various problems, I believe almost everyone would be committing sucide......may God help us all
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Newton2024:
I see
OK I think I understand you Now, I only used "NOT ENOUGH REASON" in the context of our normal African sayings....is not as if there is enough reason for committing suicide anywere, nah our normal African way of talking now cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Richarlison640(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
Benue and bad news well am getting use to it now
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by SHINJA: 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Olam09:

Nana your business!

U resemble suspect angry
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Newton2024: 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
OK I think I understand you Now, I only used "NOT ENOUGH REASON" in the context of our normal African sayings....is not as if there is enough reason for committing suicide anywere, nah our normal African way of talking now cheesy
Now I understand.
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Newton2024:
Now I understand.
you are welcome
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by abbey621(m): 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

If you like give birth to pikin(s) wey you no go fit provide for. Na you sabi undecided

If you get papa wey dey give you at least 50% of everything you wanted make you dey worship am, you kids of nowadays are spoiled.
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by kdc5000: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by babaalagbo11(m): 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
What a weakling and Omo daddy indeed,you killed yourself cos of 50k nawa oo
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Dahustler007(m): 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
So Sad Mehn!!!
Rest In Paradise Bro. Amen!!
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Contagious100d(m): 12:28am On Apr 26, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Not enough reason to kill himself, suicide should never be an option. NEVER!

Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by friendlyadvice: 1:03am On Apr 26, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Not enough reason to kill himself, suicide should never be an option. NEVER!
It's not the 50k, the dude is actually depressed
and he is a kid

Mental health is something we should start to take seriously in this country no normal person will take his own life
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Tzar(m): 1:46am On Apr 26, 2022
Good riddance to bad rubbish. So, if the father doesn’t have the 50k yet, he should go and rob for him?
Most low to middle class kids in the US have a little job or hustle that they do (waiting tables, working on golf courses, valet car parking, fast food attendants, etc) while they go to school. Infact some parents start demanding financial contributions when the child turns 18-21. In Nigeria 30year olds still expect to be fed by their parents.
Nigerians have a useless entitlement mentality, if such people commit suicide, I think it is a good thing for society.
Re: Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request by Asswipemod: 1:58am On Apr 26, 2022
Ussycool:
What for? Could you imagine taking your own life becaus of 50k. The money that can't even solve half of your problem.
A Biochemist wasted. But why dad? Remember, it is your responsibility.

The issue goes beyond the 50k. It's deeper than that. I wonder why nairalanders behave like this. The family situation. The divorce..........have you ever grappled with depression?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctor With Fake UNILAG Certificate Arrested In Ogun (photo) / The Dangers Of Chewing Gum / 604 New COVID-19 Cases, 246 Discharged And 10 Deaths On July 23 - (4145 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.