Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself (50261 Views)

Benue University Student Hangs Himself After His Father Reject His ₦50k Request / Man Hangs Himself In Daura, Katsina / Daniela Trezzi: Italian Nurse Commits Suicide. Tested Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by NaijaCover(m): 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
Edo College Of Education Lecturer Commits Suicide

Tragedy struck staff, colleagues of College of Education, Ekiadolor in Edo state as a principal lecturer of the school identified as Friday Osadolor has committed suicide in his Obakhavbuaye, off Ekenwan Road residence.

His lifeless body hanging in a rope around his neck with a protruding tongue and the rope tied to the rail of one of the windows in the apartment was recovered by the police attached to Oba Market police station.

The Edo lecturer who committed suicide was said to be in his 50s was a member of the College of Education Academic staff Union, (COEASU), and a principal lecturer at the Department of Adult education.

Osadolor was reported to have complained bitterly to close associates over his inability for lack of money to tend to his failing health and take care of his family. But he did not leave any suicide note.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that last Wednesday the late lecturer told a colleague that he was tired of begging for money from friends to cater for his family needs and his health challenges.

None of the family members agreed to talk to the media. One of them said “This is an abomination in our culture and you don’t expect me to be talking about this.”

However, the Chairman of COEASU in the school, Comrade Fred Omonuwa, said yesterday that their colleagues died as a result of lack and inability to access medical and appealed to the state government to pay the workers their 13 months unpaid salary.

He said “It is clear the death came as a result of lack and inability to access medical facilities. Some months ago he became very sick and depended on friends for assistance but very recently he started complaining of getting tired of consistently begging to survive.

“Of course, everybody knows that the Edo state government owes us 13 months of salary which we have continued to agitate for even before the election but it was tagged “political agitation” the man couldn’t provide for himself. His wife just had a baby. We were surprised yesterday (Friday) that he took his own life.

Before he committed suicide he spoke to some colleagues on Wednesday complaining bitterly about his inability to access medical facility and becoming very ashamed of begging friends for money to treat himself.

“We are aware some friends in Lagos and Benin have done their best in the past few weeks by providing money for him and yesterday he took his life by hanging. We are very much aware that the suicide he committed was as a result of lack of money”.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/edo-college-of-education-lecturer-commits-suicide/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by dingbang(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
Such is life, people are really going through a lot in this life, May God really ease the burden for all of us, Amen.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by SpecTTraP: 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hmmmmm. Speechless.
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by IamD18: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
Blackmail.

Possibly had something to do with sex/reputation

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Flexherbal(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2020
However, the Chairman of COEASU in the school, Comrade Fred Omonuwa, said yesterday that their colleagues died as a result of lack and inability to access medical and appealed to the state government to pay the workers their 13 months unpaid salary.

May his soul rest in peace!

8 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by SpecTTraP: 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Things are happening o but I don't see being broke alone enough reason to take own life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Iyoocartel(f): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Buhari has completely finished this country with his fulani brothers. Our parents can't provide for their needs because their pension which they worked hard for is not being released.
There's no job 80% of Nigerian youths have taken up internet fraud as the only way out.
Nigeria is getting terrible as each day passes by, if you have any opportunity please kindly leave this country for our politicians because things would continue getting bad as long as that brainless cow is still the president.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Xscape1993(m): 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Suicide is not the best option I keep telling people everybody.

6 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by linked: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sad! But I heard the school is now a federal college of education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by vibbb: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
RIP to the dead.
Suicide is not an option #SayNoToSuicide..

1 Like

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Righteousness89(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
Whatever the Matter,
Refuse the Spirit and urge of Suicide! Its Demonic!
Suicide is Pure Self Murder!
Suicide is Destructive!
Suicide is to Hell Straight!

There is No condition you are Here on Earth that is Comparable to Hell Fire!!

Let people know this Truths..

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Slawormir: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad.....no matter what don't think of suicide

I know alot you all will insult me on this one

But i must say it

Only pussy asss niggarrrs commit suicide...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by KingAzubuike(f): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
So Edo state government dey owe am 13 months salary , how do you expect him to survive? To me suicide was the best option jare.

Very wicked government

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Hoojay(f): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nawa o!
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Lamasta(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Depression is real but taking one's life is what I will not advocate for cos the life is not ours in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by wunmi590(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Depression is real, and alot of Nigerians are going through hard time these days, most especially since pa Buhari became the president of this country.

RIP sir, may Hod comfort your family and love ones

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Uyi168: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Jabar2017: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
may he find peace...but suicide is not the solution..

1 Like

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by HeadShot: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
dingbang:
Such is life, people are really going through a lot in this life, May God really ease the burden for all of us, Amen.

Suicide capital of the world..

All thanks to the dullard

God punish all those supporting this useless administration

3 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by riczy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Speechless! RIP. God console d family of d diseased!
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by djflexcy: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rip to him, suicide is not an option.
As I dey like this my landlord dey knock me door, no food to eat self but my hope dey high because WHEN NIGHT COME DAY GO SURELY BREAK

8 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by jaxxy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
This shud not be happening
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by DamnnNiggarr: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
cheesy

An one man like that was busy comparing Nigeria with Saudi Arabia.

Please, is there any hope for this country??

6 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by starbuck(f): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
I can be depressed because of lack of money but to commit suicide over it undecided undecided Tueh... That spirit behind go wait tire or i go even sell am settle my problems

4 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by Madibah(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
Buhari should learn from him

3 Likes

Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by adesegun121(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by LaIabobo: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
The nation failed him and his family because I still don't understand why all civil servants don't have comprehensive health insurance accessible at all govt hospitals.

However, this is no justification for suicide.
Because suicide is the coward and selfish man's approach of escaping a tough life. Leaving behind his helpless wife and kids to face it all by themselves.
Re: Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself by frainc(m): 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
with his face you will know there's no joy in his life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns / Man Mopping The Atlantic Ocean In Lagos (Video) / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.