Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 (1124 Views)

Ronaldo Leaves Old Trafford Early, Snubs Ten Hag, Man Utd Team-mates / Why Manchester United Chose Erik Ten Hag As Their Next Manager / Nigeria Vs. Libya: Super Eagles’ Possible Starting 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by NaijaBookings: 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
MANCHESTER UNITED:
Erik ten Hag has suggested to Manchester United board that they need almost a new starting 11 in terms of heightening the level of the squad.
This has been backed by Ralf Rangnick and thinks the current squad lack high standards. [MiguelDelaney] #MUFC

#mufc players are encouraged by the coaching credentials of Erik ten Hag, but there is some concern around the dressing room as to whether he has the force of personality to turn United’s fortunes around. [TyMarshall_MEN]

While Ten Hag’s work has impressed plenty within the #mufc dressing room, the concern to some is that it’s felt a strong manager is needed to rebuild the squad, not just an outstanding coach, and it remains unclear if Ten Hag has the ability to do that. [TyMarshall_MEN]

Marcus Rashford will seek greater clarity on his role at #mufc when Erik ten Hag takes over as manager.
[Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Sources say Rashford accepts he is not an integral part of interim manager Ralf Rangnick's plans, but he's understood to be looking forward to working under Erik ten Hag. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Rangnick's comments that #mufc might need ten new players this summer didn’t go down well with United's hierarchy and some players have also noticed he is holding less back in public #mulive [TyMarshall_MEN]

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 12:11am On Apr 26, 2022
I tot messi minions said Ronaldo destabilised the team and he is the reason y they cudnt fight for the league... the supposed super coach is staying that they need a new team ... y dint he just say that he will release Ronaldo, since he is the problem...and then use the likes of Rashford, wissaka, shaw ,maguire, fred , mctominy, lindelof , Bruno, sancho , Elanga to finish top 4 and possibly fight for the league and champions league ... clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by oyatainer(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kingcalls:
I tot messi minions said Ronaldo destabilised the team and he is the reason y they cudnt fight for the league... the supposed super coach is staying that they need a new team ... y dint he just say that he will release Ronaldo, since he is the problem...and then use the likes of Rashford, wissaka, shaw ,maguire, fred , mctominy, lindelof , Bruno, sancho , Elanga to finish top 4 and possibly fight for the league and champions league ... clowns

Who did they use last season? They didn't win but contested actively last year. Do you know that it took Juventus benching Ronaldo after winless run last year to qualify for champions league last season. If Napoli self did not wobble in their last game, Juventus woldnt have qualified.

If this coach wants to be successful, he needs to get rid of Ronaldo, hence, his wages will continue to let player depend on him which he cannot do again. United still get quality, but it seems they form a coup or naturally reliant on Ronaldo that let see what Mr Challenge will do. I can bet with anyone that Bruno does not enjoy passing to Ronaldo.

We had at least three players that used to score at least 12-15vplayers before Ronaldo came to United, even at Juventus. Immediately, he joined they, all of them relent for him to carry the team, if he will do that, Ronaldo will continue to suffer. A coach that will coach Ronaldo at this level needs to manage his time but wages will not allow that oooo!

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
oyatainer:

Who did they use last season? They didn't win but contested actively last year. Do you know that it took Juventus benching Ronaldo after winless run last year to qualify for champions league last season. If Napoli self did not wobble in their last game, Juventus woldnt have qualified.

If this coach wants to be successful, he needs to get rid of Ronaldo, hence, his wages will continue to let player depend on him which he cannot do again. United still get quality, but it seems they form a coup or naturally reliant on Ronaldo that let see what Mr Challenge will do. I can bet with anyone that Bruno does not enjoy passing to Ronaldo.

We had at least three players that used to score at least 12-15vplayers before Ronaldo came to United, even at Juventus. Immediately, he joined they, all of them relent for him to carry the team, if he will do that, Ronaldo will continue to suffer. A coach that will coach Ronaldo at this level needs to manage his time but wages will not allow that oooo!

Did u just say they had to bench Ronaldo during the remaining games to qualify for CL... oMg , y are u embarrassing urself...its so certain that u dont hv TV in ur house or even GB to watch online .... Ronaldo that fired 29 goals and had the most winning goals in Europe last season ... that he missed the final game against bologna that was a certain win now means that they stopped playing him... I dont argue with people like u that do t even hv info ... go and watch his game against udinese with 6 games to go .....that was the game that qualified them for CL...
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by paulolee(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kingcalls:
the new coach isn't sure of keeping ur man n besides, this same united made top 4 without cr7, he joined n dey couldn't...so Wat's I point??
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
paulolee:

the new coach isn't sure of keeping ur man n besides, this same united made top 4 without cr7, he joined n dey couldn't...so Wat's I point??

So if they made top 4 last season , it means they should always make top 4... a team that has been a disaster for the past 9yrs .... so tell me that Greizmann is the reason that Atletico that won the league last season is the reason y they are struggling to make top 4... ok defend it.... I just don't know how u guys reason... its not sancho or varane , but its Ronaldo...this shows how bitter u messi fans are ...na nemesis de deal with una thru messi the flop of Paris
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by paulolee(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
he is trying to discard cr7 using rebuilding as an excuse...
seems he is the wisest of the previous united coaches dt kept cr7, this man jus get sense like allegri..
he needs a squad dt he can handle, a squad filled with young blood loke ajax to utilize his constant pressing

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by paulolee(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kingcalls:

So if they made top 4 last season , it means they should always make top 4... a team that has been a disaster for the past 9yrs .... so tell me that Greizmann is the reason that Atletico that won the league last season is the reason y they are struggling to make top 4... ok defend it.... I just don't know how u guys reason... its not sancho or varane , but its Ronaldo...this shows how bitter u messi fans are ...na nemesis de deal with una thru messi the flop of Paris
bros u sabi shift table eeh...united without cr7 were better than this current one n dts a fact bt u jus de give unfit examples...
how griezman take enter dis talk na??
united are disaster for 9 years n cr7 made them better abi?? if erick discard him n united make top4 u go say other big team no serious unlike dis season...una mentality eeh

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
paulolee:

bros u sabi shift table eeh...united without cr7 were better than this current one n dts a fact bt u jus de give unfit examples...
how griezman take enter dis talk na??
united are disaster for 9 years n cr7 made them better abi?? if erick discard him n united make top4 u go say other big team no serious unlike dis season...una mentality eeh

If u were truthful or even if u understood football...ud know that Manchester has been a useless team for ages now... finishing second by getting 13 penalties dont make u a contender ... Leicester won the league in 2016 cos the other teams had issues and thats y they cudnt qualify for the champions league the following season... u guys really don't know football... ok y is it that u guys are no longer talking about juve .... same juve that u guys said Ronaldo was killing , were are they now....hv they won the league abi did they get to quarter final of the league ?? They were disgraced by villareal

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by paulolee(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kingcalls:

If u were truthful or even if u understood football...ud know that Manchester has been a useless team for ages now... finishing second by getting 13 penalties dont make u a contender ... Leicester won the league in 2016 cos the other teams had issues and thats y they cudnt qualify for the champions league the following season... u guys really don't know football... ok y is it that u guys are no longer talking about juve .... same juve that u guys said Ronaldo was killing , were are they now....hv they won the league abi did they get to quarter final of the league ?? They were disgraced by villareal
Juve are rebuiding, the same is wat barca n Madrid have done after depending on those big names..
juve would click form next season, d rebuilding is a process n cr7 isnt needed for a serious team dt wants to rebuild..
if Eric wants to rebuild, he would discard cr7 n would still make top4 easily unlike this bad current united

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
paulolee:

Juve are rebuiding, the same is wat barca n Madrid have done after depending on those big names..
juve would click form next season, d rebuilding is a process n cr7 isnt needed for a serious team dt wants to rebuild..
if Eric wants to rebuild, he would discard cr7 n would still make top4 easily unlike this bad current united

Discard cr7 and leave Bruno, maguire, wissaka shaw feed Rashford...shey?? So PSG are not building shey?? But messi should be there to rebuild... so u honestly think those players are good enough for forth place ....

Which Juventus will do well next season .... this same Juventus that is going thru their Milan period.... every team will definitely diminish... madrid sufferd from 2005 to 2010 b4 they settled with different coaches and players ... bayern suffered from 2003 to 2009 b4 they got bk on track... AC Milan from 2008 to present, inter Milan from 2011 to 2020 ... ajax suffered for many yrs, arsenal are getting themselves small small , barca suffered for many years , Liverpool suffered for decades... its Juventus and man utds turn now... all experts are saying that it will take man utd at least 5 transfer windows b4 they can compete for the title and u are saying that with just Ronaldo out that man u will get bk to its feet with this present team ... are u freaking serious??
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by oyatainer(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Discard cr7 and leave Bruno, maguire, wissaka shaw feed Rashford...shey?? So PSG are not building shey?? But messi should be there to rebuild... so u honestly think those players are good enough for forth place ....

Which Juventus will do well next season .... this same Juventus that is going thru their Milan period.... every team will definitely diminish... madrid sufferd from 2005 to 2010 b4 they settled with different coaches and players ... bayern suffered from 2003 to 2009 b4 they got bk on track... AC Milan from 2008 to present, inter Milan from 2011 to 2020 ... ajax suffered for many yrs, arsenal are getting themselves small small , barca suffered for many years , Liverpool suffered for decades... its Juventus and man utds turn now... all experts are saying that it will take man utd at least 5 transfer windows b4 they can compete for the title and u are saying that with just Ronaldo out that man u will get bk to its feet with this present team ... are u freaking serious??
\

stop rubbish, United competed for premier league last season and reached Europa league final. All everyone is saying that you dont want to agree to is that UNITED were better last season than this season. Ronaldo dependences is affecting them. Mention any player who has had 8 goals in United this season apart from Ronaldo, was it like that last season, even season before last after purchase of Wan Bisaka and Bruno. They went more than 30 ngames unbeaten away and defeated Man City twice last year and season before. Tell me the definition of your contest again.

And for your information, Ronaldo sat out of Juventus last match last season. He was there red-faced cheering them to victory. They jubilated together when they heard that Napoli lost their game. I watched the game, nobody told me.

1 Like

Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Joebayo217: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
oyatainer:
\

stop rubbish, United competed for premier league last season and reached Europa league final. All everyone is saying that you dont want to agree to is that UNITED were better last season than this season. Ronaldo dependences is affecting them. Mention any player who has had 8 goals in United this season apart from Ronaldo, was it like that last season, even season before last after purchase of Wan Bisaka and Bruno. They went more than 30 ngames unbeaten away and defeated Man City twice last year and season before. Tell me the definition of your contest again.

And for your information, Ronaldo sat out of Juventus last match last season. He was there red-faced cheering them to victory. They jubilated together when they heard that Napoli lost their game. I watched the game, nobody told me.
LoL it was because Liverpool, Chelsea got problem back then even if man city had that problem man u will likely had won d pl man u was never close to be challenging for any trophy if you watch their game last season u will understand what I'm trying to say undecided
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by macho44(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
They should start by THRASHING CHELSEA today grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Kingcalls: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
oyatainer:
\

Ur analysis can only make sense to dumb people .... so u honestly think if Ronaldo dint join utd , they wud hv competed with city and Liverpool for the title, or even finished forth... u are very dull... expert analysts on skysports an ESPN are saying that if Ronaldo dint join Manchester, they wud b around mid table now ...

Messi is the reason y psg were eliminated in the round of 16 after missing a crucial penalty... psg that made final and semi final in the last 2 attempts... contributing only 4 goals, but wanna take the glory grin
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Alech85: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Let us 4get about I'm a Ronaldo fan, I'm a Messi fan and be sincere here Ronaldo can scored goals but those goals are irrelevant to the team but rather a boast to his ego. juve were very competitive B4 he came but on the long run the team becomes a disaster and same thing is happening in united last season the team wasn't like this!
Re: Erik Ten Hag: Man Utd Needs Almost A New Starting 11 by Theboy21: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u just say they had to bench Ronaldo during the remaining games to qualify for CL... oMg , y are u embarrassing urself...its so certain that u dont hv TV in ur house or even GB to watch online .... Ronaldo that fired 29 goals and had the most winning goals in Europe last season ... that he missed the final game against bologna that was a certain win now means that they stopped playing him... I dont argue with people like u that do t even hv info ... go and watch his game against udinese with 6 games to go .....that was the game that qualified them for CL...
Ma nigga your thinking is very logical, our problem is not Cr7 but the lazy squad we have, cos if u check statistics CR7 have done what a striker is suppose to do, all those bastards criticism him are selfish, sentimental English pundits, they expect him to score then come back to defend again, i really pity CR7 for coming back home meeting some bunches of lazy players that aint willing to put in their best, he thought it was the same spirit united have when he left for madrid.... There is no guarantee our next coach will succeed till he flush out all the squad excluding Cr7 (am not sure he will love to play UEL) and some few, one thing with United is favoritism of English players, look at Liverpool, Man city, their first 11 have players from different countries which is why i think they excel more than others....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football / Amobi Okoye Brings American Football To Lagos / An Oyibo Man Based In Uk Dancing Kukere After Naija Win (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.